Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lets build a 1952 Topps set.

Comments

• Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Back from vacation. Where the heck are all the originals!! OK, quality filler from the reprint set...

Pretty lips image
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    jrbolesjrboles Posts: 566 ✭✭
    Sorry - original Lown

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And the thread lives on! Great to see a few new ones. Sorry guys, but I do not own a HI # from this set.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Almost time for Pee Wee!
    Eskimo Dictator collects: Base Ball cards, Americana, cuckoo clocks
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I too cannot help with the highs. My "set" ends in the mid 2s.
  • Options
    imageimage
    Very nice 1.5 jr.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    Great thread, keep them coming fellows!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
  • Options

HIjaked

• Options
    Nice looking Reese Ted!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I am not sure how to upload via scanner. I will just post the 1952 topps base sets I have, all of which are signed that I obtained TTM.

#1 Morrie Martin
    #2 Gus Zernial
    #3 Les Moss
    #4 Ted Beard
    #5 Roy Hartsfield
    #6 Eddie Joost
    #7 Jerry Coleman
    #8 Tommy Brown
  • Options
    Thanks Doug, only a PSA 1, however I'd rather have this 1 than a well centered 4-5 any day!
  • Options
    Here's my Reese. The other 1952s in the set call him "Reese with the Crease". He's learned to take it. I will be able to contribute the Crosetti, McDougald, Labine, Al Dark, and Dick Williams as the set progresses.

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally! Here is #334 Wilmer Mizell.

Got dibs on #378 Les Fusselman.

Shane

• Options
    Teddy from Teddy

• Options
    This guy was the last Giants pitcher to lead the league in strikeouts until Big Time Timmy Jim Lincecum came along!
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Doesn't anybody collect Giants pitchers?!!!
  • Options
    The high numbers are not only tough, they are ridiculously expensive!
  • Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭
    Have no idea how to pronounce this man's name. I promise I will edit all my cards with back scans when I dig them out.

imageimage
  • Options
    NOT the low budget sexploitation director but this Russ Meyer is one of only three pitchers in Major League history have gone at least 23-straight road starts without a loss: Allie Reynolds set the record with 25 consecutive road starts without a loss spanning the 1948 and 1949 seasons, a feat current San Diego Padres pitcher Chris Young fell one short of, at 24. Meyer went 24 consecutive road starts without a loss during the 1953 and 1954 seasons
  • Options
    These high #'s are a thread killer...
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I am sure glad I bought that reprint set back in 1983 for 23.99.I paid around that much or maybe more for the 5 missing cards in low grade.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I promise to delete and re-post after 341 gets posted. Just wanted to reassure that there are still some Hi Numbers out there. I got 7-8 more.

<< <i>

I also have 8 more high numbers. Hopefully they're not the same 8 as jrboles.image
  • Options
    I will delete all my reprints if the originals ever show and I will wait 48 hours or so to post in case somebody shows up with one of the highs.
  • Options
    Contrary to the info on the back of his card Hal only had one brother pitch in the Majors(George). He was a good pitcher for a couple of years too, after he transformed his career in 1954.
  • Options
    Proper order has been restored

• Options
    Sorry guys my Gernert is Sold, I have a sprinkling of high numbers to fill in, hopefully not the same ones as JR AND Vette!
  • Options
    Nice Clem. Wish I had some Hi #s to add.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Creepy trolling reprint guy...
  • Options
    After he pitched his no-hitter, his next start he went into the ninth with another no-hitter!! Finished with a 2 hitter. image
  • Options
    Alright here's the next one. Now with back scans!!! I went back and edited my other ones with back scans also.

imageimage
  • Options
    My #346 Spencer is @ PSa image
  • Options
    He had a good year until the World Series image !
  • Options
    Joe (can't write his last name LOL) is perhaps best remembered for breaking up baseball's longest no-hitter on May 26, 1959. After Harvey Haddix of the Pittsburgh Pirates pitched twelve perfect innings, he hit a home run in the thirteenth inning to drive in Felix Mantilla and give the Braves the win. However, it was not scored as a homer as he inadvertently passed Hank Aaron on the basepaths and was called out.
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for this one to pop up. The real deal image

• Options
    Freakin sweeet
  • Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Nice card Doug...tough to find like that one!

I haven't posted any pics in a while so here are the next three.

Jeff

• Options
    WTG Jeff ... nice posting those three in a row.

Doug ... AWESOME card. THAT is worth a few bucks!!!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    dam, just scanned a few of mine!

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Got another one now...

• Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    nice to see this thread move a bit, and Doug that Kelly is beautiful! Still waiting to pounce with my three little Indians image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Back from a little vacation... Fred spent 50 years in baseball.
  • Options
    He's alive and kicking in Oklahoma so get yur cards signed!
  • Options
    An All Star in '52, he was part of the Ralph Kiner trade to the Cubs in June of '53.
  • Options
    Someone should own his original. Only player ever to make All-Star game as a pinch hitter! Holds record for most AB's without scoring a run!
  • Options
    Serious lack of high #'s. He won Connie Mack's last game as manager!
  • Options
    HeadsUp38HeadsUp38 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    Hey everyone. I'm a new poster to the boards-even though I've been reading on this for a couple of years' now. Here's my first contribution. I have a few more Hi-numbers to help you guys out in the future.

Craig H