Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Lets build a 1952 Topps set.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    We are still waiting for #252, Vern Bickford.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    I have #253 if Vern shows up image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright! Dr Hardy.
    Mike
  • Options

That's all for tonight guys. Going to bed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
  • Options
    eh, back to back Indians so I posted both. If I need to delete one just let me know.

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Let's keep the train a rollin fellas. Someone said they had #260, I'll go back and look and PM them. Doug

• Options
    jeff8877jeff8877 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    Doug...your a real slave driver. Here are a couple more...

Jeff

• Options
    Thanks Jeff for making my Mays look badimage He's so good anyone who has him should post. I don't have a back scan because Willie is in the safe deposit box. Really nice cards Jeff, excellent!

• Options
    Doug...that is a heck of a nice looking Mays you have. Can't say that I have seen one with centering like that. Very solid 3. Are you working on a raw or graded set as I have seen some nice stuff of both??

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Doug...that is a heck of a nice looking Mays you have. Can't say that I have seen one with centering like that. Very solid 3. Are you working on a raw or graded set as I have seen some nice stuff of both??

Jeff >>

You don't know how many times I look at my card of Willie and say, "I wish it had better corners and surface!". The centering is awesome, but beggers can't be choosers right? I'll take the centering. I just hate the surface indentations on it. As far as graded and raw, I've had many of the cards since the '80's, so I'm slowly getting them graded, (best condition first) so it may take awhile. Same old dilemma when you don't have a lot of money, do you get some cards graded or do you buy one you need for the set?
  • Options
    And I thought we were going to be at a standstill with Mays! Great job guys ... nice looking cards.

EDITED TO ADD: Look at the last line on the back of Truck's card. In his first year in the minor leagues he struck out 418 batters!!!!!!!!!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    ManofmoeManofmoe Posts: 264 ✭✭
    Amazing cards guys, I'll be back in with some scans when we get to the high numbers!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow 418 k's!
    (that's an American Baseball professional record.)

I remember growing up that Dick Stuart held a similar record for Home runs with 66

Nice cards guys!

Good for you.
  • Options
    Here are a bunch of Willie
    There is a long story behind my stash of 52's that I collected in real time back then.
    Watching this thread I can say that some of the cards shown are better looking cards than I remember pulling from the packs at that time.

• Options
    HARRY BRECHEEN ... #263 ... where are you?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options

<< <i>Here are a bunch of Willie
    There is a long story behind my stash of 52's that I collected in real time back then.
    Watching this thread I can say that some of the cards shown are better looking cards than I remember pulling from the packs at that time.

image >>

OMG Charlie! Those are unbelievable, I'd love to hear the story about those cards. I'll trade my PSA 3 for one of those image Doug
  • Options
    The autographed version of Harry is from Shane (frankhardy) Looks great Shane. Thanks

• Options
    Short version of the long story is that when my brothers and I broke up the collection in 1955, we cut the stack in half. They took the high half, I got the bottom half. There were six Mays in my half which I still have There were ten Mantles in their half. Those high cards got lost some time after 1962. The one brother does not even remember them, the other one passed away about 8 years ago.. There is no hope of recovery of those lost cards.

<< <i>

<< <i>Here are a bunch of Willie

image >>

OMG Charlie! Those are unbelievable, I'd love to hear the story about those cards. I'll trade my PSA 3 for one of those image Doug >>

• Options
    Mr Hartsfield, along with some of his other '52 friends, will be heading to PSA/DNA later this week to get slabbed.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Other than a punch hole, pretty frickin sweet

• Options
  • Options
    Doug...that is an absolute beauty. Is this one that you bought raw and subbed? Is your set on the registry?

Jeff
  • Options

<< <i>Doug...that is an absolute beauty. Is this one that you bought raw and subbed? Is your set on the registry?

Jeff >>

Yes to both questions Jeff, and thanks for the comment. Pigs family collection is the registry. I need to add more cards to it.image

• Options
    Doug - The Murry card is sweeeet!
    Mike
  • Options
    A couple more...

• Options
    I had already posted my Lemon card above - so we have Lemon in stereo!

Mike
  • Options
    Hey Mike I think both of our Lemon's got cut on the presses the same day. LOL

• Options
    Couple more and we could make Bob Lemon-ade image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Not a very good scan of Jim here. I inserted Shane's (frankhardy) autographed card of Cardinal Harry Brecheen #263 above. Doug

• Options
    I'd like to reserve Mr. Wynn #277...it's one of my favorite cards.

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Dan Basherboy, you have some awesome cards my friend.
  • Options
    thanks, my 52 Indians are pretty much my favorite cards. I have Lemon and Brissie in a 7 too but missed those. I'm only missing one card to finish my team set (plus a few upgrades needed)

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basherboy,

I don't remember if you bought that Mike Garcia off of me directly or not - but I used to own that very card. I am the one that submitted it! I just checked my scans from last year. I knew I recognized that card!

Shane

• Options
    Yep, that one came from you image Let me know if you have any other Indians!
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
  • Options
    The gun powder to the "shot heard 'round the world". Dam miscut cards image

• Options

• Options
    Hi Doug - In case I'm gone tomorrow...

I also have a pretty good #299:

Mike
  • Options
    Still looking for #275 ... Pat Mullin ... and I am going to bed! Goodnight.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
  • Options
    Making good progress...here we go!

Jeff

• Options

Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    Now THAT is some nice Wynn. It's worth about the same as 10,000 '52 packs when they first were sold! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Two from me if it's OK. That Stewart is the best "5" you will ever see. Smallest of hairline crease on the bridge of the nose. That close to a 8 image

• Options
    that really is a pretty 5!
    Need PSA Indians/Browns