Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the 100's count any more........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why are Yellowstone DMPL69s going for $2,000 when the population reports don't support their premium price? >>

I looked into that and came to the conclusion that that price was a quirk. You have to remember that what makes a market are those who want to buy something. I think you can have a distortion if it so happens that at a given moment there is a limited supply and 2 or more buyers who just have to have it in their collection. It is the sellers perfect storm.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why are Yellowstone DMPL69s going for $2,000 when the population reports don't support their premium price? >>

I looked into that and came to the conclusion that that price was a quirk. You have to remember that what makes a market are those who want to buy something. I think you can have a distortion if it so happens that at a given moment there is a limited supply and 2 or more buyers who just have to have it in their collection. It is the sellers perfect storm. >>

So if I wait, chances are i could pick one up for less?
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After thinking it over I decided to pull the trigger on A-Mark. Went to their website & they still have the pair for
    $629.95 so ordered some. Assuming you want these graded, you'd have to find the raws for $518 for the pair to
    have a comparable deal. The cheapest I could find was $550/raw pair from Provident. So A-Mark really is the
    best deal around if you're looking for First Strike/Early Release pucks. Sure, if silver goes below $48 you'll be
    able to pick them up for less. But I don't see that happening within the next 30 days, which is the window for
    the FS/ER designation. >>

I don't think the AMark coins are as great of a deal as you suggest. Sure they'll come in PCGS Gem BU holders, but if you really want them graded, you'll have to send them back to PCGS for grading anyways and that will cost you at least $80-$90 to get the two AMark coins regraded. So buying the Provident pair and paying for the same grading would be cheaper if you think the quality of the coins is equal.

• Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>

<< <i>After thinking it over I decided to pull the trigger on A-Mark. Went to their website & they still have the pair for
    $629.95 so ordered some. Assuming you want these graded, you'd have to find the raws for $518 for the pair to
    have a comparable deal. The cheapest I could find was $550/raw pair from Provident. So A-Mark really is the
    best deal around if you're looking for First Strike/Early Release pucks. Sure, if silver goes below $48 you'll be
    able to pick them up for less. But I don't see that happening within the next 30 days, which is the window for

I don't think the AMark coins are as great of a deal as you suggest. Sure they'll come in PCGS Gem BU holders, but if you really want them graded, you'll have to send them back to PCGS for grading anyways and that will cost you at least $80-$90 to get the two AMark coins regraded. So buying the Provident pair and paying for the same grading would be cheaper if you think the quality of the coins is equal. >>

Right, and this is assuming that you'll get decent coins from AMark that are worth submitting.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So if I wait, chances are i could pick one up for less? >>

Maybe...maybe not. Nobody really knows what is behind the numbers, how strong the demand is and what is really out there and available. Right now on Heritage there is an MS69 DMPL Yellowstone with current bid at $2200 - that's $2530 with the buyer's premium. So it seems to me that demand is still pretty strong for this issue...
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't think the AMark coins are as great of a deal as you suggest. Sure they'll come in PCGS Gem BU holders, but if you really want them graded, you'll have to send them back to PCGS for grading anyways and that will cost you at least $80-$90 to get the two AMark coins regraded. So buying the Provident pair and paying for the same grading would be cheaper if you think the quality of the coins is equal. >>

Right, and this is assuming that you'll get decent coins from AMark that are worth submitting. >>

And that is a big assumption!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ................

My thinking was that if the coins were duds, they would be easier to sell as Choice BUs in a PCGS FS holder vs
    having to sell raw. I also believe there is a greater probability of receiving high grade coins from A-Mark as
    opposed to what I might get from most dealers. In terms of regrade costs, I'd only send them in if I had a good
    shot at some 69 DMPLs. Otherwise, I'd either keep them as is or sell.

To be honest, I was much more enthusiastic about these coins before I saw them. It's not the designs, it's the
    size; they're just too big. A 2 1/2" high relief reeded edge coin would have been spectacular and would have
    pretty much guaranteed their success. I think the Mint really missed the mark on this one.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a Heads up for anyone who ordered the two new ones from amark. There website said ngc or pcgs so I sent them email telling them i only wanted pcgs. They replied they would look into that. Next day got email saying they were going to make sure my 2 were pcgs and included my order number. So if it makes a difference you might want to send them email or call tomorrow. She made it sound like there doing a bunch of both. NO Set From CNT as it is being brought down from chicago on the stage coach..............just want the barbers...............image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The email said PCGS or NGC but the website I ordered from only said PCGS. So they owe me PCGS.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who remembers this quote:

"He said he predicts the set of coins to eventually be valued in the $15,000 to $20,000-range."
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    someone double check me please, it was Jack Hunt who lost the orders and sent out PCGS and NGC sets very quickly after the notice to those order they lost.

right?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Who remembers this quote:

"He said he predicts the set of coins to eventually be valued in the $15,000 to $20,000-range." >>

that would have to be my best friend Jim at the G,C i should call him tomorrow and ask if he has the new ones yet?image OH Never stick a knive in the keyboard shorted out my whole labtop now am on a mini me won off the internet..... enjoy

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Who remembers this quote:

"He said he predicts the set of coins to eventually be valued in the $15,000 to $20,000-range." >>

that would have to be my best friend Jim at the G,C i should call him tomoorw anbd ask if he has the new ones yet?image >>

gold star for you.

and he sure hasn't been right yet.

• Options

<< <i>someone double check me please, it was Jack Hunt who lost the orders and sent out PCGS and NGC sets very quickly after the notice to those order they lost.

right? >>

can anyone with the "I lost your JHCB ATB order we'll send you a PCGS set" please send me that e-mail ???

• Options

<< <i>someone double check me please, it was Jack Hunt who lost the orders and sent out PCGS and NGC sets very quickly after the notice to those order they lost.

right? >>

can anyone with the "I lost your JHCB ATB order we'll send you a PCGS set" please send me that e-mail ???

anyone??
  • Options

From the "other thread":

<< <i> ........... .
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

<< <i>After thinking it over I decided to pull the trigger on A-Mark. ..... . Sure, if silver goes below $48 you'll be
    able to pick them up for less. But I don't see that happening within the next 30 days,
    ........ >>

Just another life lesson from Seinfeld. The one about Jerry & George sitting in the diner when George gets the
    idea to do the opposite of what he normally would do. Guess I should have waited. Gotta love it. image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>From the "other thread":

<< <i> ........... .
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

<< <i>After thinking it over I decided to pull the trigger on A-Mark. ..... . Sure, if silver goes below $48 you'll be
    able to pick them up for less. But I don't see that happening within the next 30 days,
    ........ >>

Just another life lesson from Seinfeld. The one about Jerry & George sitting in the diner when George gets the
    idea to do the opposite of what he normally would do. Guess I should have waited. Gotta love it. image >>

That makes the Cherry picked coins look better. NOT
  • Options

<< <i>

right? >>

anyone?? >>

Ms, I PMd you the other day with that email. I can send it again if it never made it.
  • Options

• Options
    Doh!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

right? >>

anyone?? >>

Ms, I PMd you the other day with that email. I can send it again if it never made it. >>

Got it! thanks.

• Options
    what was the date on that JHCB e-mail?

• Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went with Gainesville Coins on the 2011's. With the silver plunge today, they were $256.86 each (credit card, bank wire $250).

Their price fluctuates with spot, so this was a very good price IMHO. Amark's price is FIRM - still at $315 each (must buy the pair at $629.99).

Gainesville lets you buy either Getty or Glacier. I think Getty will be a hot seller - I predict an early sellout even at 100k.

It's all a roll of the dice as to quality strike, I'm not that concerned with getting these slabbed.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>what was the date on that JHCB e-mail? >>

I got the email about the PCGS MS68 coins from JHCB on April 14.
  • Options

Can watch prices change moment by moment as silver changes. These were down to $516 / pair a few minutes ago.

Provident

What a difference a day makes.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's Provident's record? Never ordered with them before. Gainesville has been good to work with.

Just compared the two's prices: Provident = $266.76, Gainesville = $260.75 (both at credit card prices). The latter's shipping is $17.95 for 2 coins.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

Have no idea. Never ordered from either of them. But if silver goes down much more, I have the feeling I'm going to find out. With such volatility, A-Mark should know better than to sell these at a fixed price.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

anyone?? >>

That's not really how it went down... it was first an email saying you haven't paid yet and if you don't pay right away your order is cancelled. Then I sent them an email with my tracking number saying they got my payment. Then sent an email said the post office and them are looking into it. Then they sent an email saying around 25 payments were lost and that we had to deal with getting a USPS Money Order refund ourselves presuming we were one of the missing payments. They offered a check for $100 for our troubles OR we could by a PCGS MS68 set for $899 and this time they allowed personal checks.

I sent them my check for $899 right away and still haven't gotten my coins!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>From the "other thread":

<< <i> ........... .
    Silver Splunges!!! >>

........ >>

idea to do the opposite of what he normally would do. Guess I should have waited. Gotta love it. image >>

That makes the Cherry picked coins look better. NOT >>

abadasp -- turn on your PM function. I can't send you what you asked for unless you go to "profile" and turn on PM's.

• Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my CNT pucks with the $6 in Barber halves. A very nice set. At least 2 or 3 dmpl coins.
    And I was quite surprised they actually included semi-key dates in the Barber group including a
    1904-S solid G/VG
    1903-S G
    1908-S G/VG
    1898 G/VG

a few culls also but those were common dates. Super value on this deal.
  • Options
    Update CNT sent my set registered mail that is why its soooooo slow was told maybe in a couple days from chicago. My friend in calif gave a set to teletrade 2 months ago, finally goes up last night(he's on a motorcycle trip) Well it was a mix grade set and I watch it go up to 2 grand he only wanted 1750 so was really happy. Go back this morning and see the set was not sold. So there must have been a mixup with his reserve or something, He's bummed. Ok 54 birthday today and I feel puckless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,image

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about you guys but this sounds like a cover up. They are trying to get names and address to show that they sold to customers not to one Co. Like HSN or so on. But that is just me. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    EggerEgger Posts: 418 ✭✭

JH Lost MO 25 Update

just emailed them, they received my check on the 20th and just said "Your order will be out the door here by Wednesday"

Same tracking number from original order, we'll see what I get soon
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>JH Lost MO 25 Update

just emailed them, they received my check on the 20th and just said "Your order will be out the door here by Wednesday"

Same tracking number from original order, we'll see what I get soon >>

Does you rtracking email indicate a box weight? I have one in the pipeline and this time the fedex label weight says 4 lbs...indicative of a slabbed set...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>JH Lost MO 25 Update

Same tracking number from original order, we'll see what I get soon >>

Does you rtracking email indicate a box weight? I have one in the pipeline and this time the fedex label weight says 4 lbs...indicative of a slabbed set... >>

my tracking number states

Service type
    FedEx Home Delivery-Direct Signature Required

Weight
    2.0 lbs/.9 kg

but this was issued at the very start of the order, just like everyone else, the fedex info hasnt be updated

still states

Shipment information sent to FedEx
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok 54 birthday today and I feel puckless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, >>

Happy Birthday, 1tommy! I'll be hitting the same number in 4 days, but I am full of pucks! My CnT set arrived at my PO this morning, so it should be delivered today. I'm just about as excited to see what Barbers I get as getting another puck set! image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Tom, I cant even remember when I was your age.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Date: 5/2/2011 10:11:55 AM
    To: XXXXXXXXXYYYYYYYYYZZZZZZZZZ
    Subject: New 2011 America the Beautiful 5oz Silver Coins

Dear ATB Customer,

This week the United States Mint is releasing the first two of the 2011 America the Beautiful 5oz silver bullion coins. The coins being released are Gettysburg National Military Park and Glacier National Park.

We have had many requests to provide these new Mint offerings. Unfortunately, Jack Hunt Coin Broker, Inc. will not be selling these coins directly to the public. If you would like to purchase 2011 America the Beautiful 5oz silver bullion coins we recommend Gainesville Coins @ www.gainesvillecoins.com or call them at 813-482-9300.

We appreciate the opportunity to have served you and we are confident that Gainesville Coins will be able to meet your future America the Beautiful coin series needs.

Sincerely,

JACK HUNT COIN BROKER INC.

America the Beautiful - P.O. Box 4189 - Kenmore NY 14217
  • Options
    CNT set arrived Friday...Great looking coins....4 look DMPL...3 of those look 69...the other one had 5 fingerprints on the reverse but they all came off with a nice acetone bath...

Barbers were a cool add on also....

Gave up with the online form thingy....I sent off 17 cherrypicked pucks from 5 sets.....now starts the wait....still waiting for the PB set and that will be it...
  • Options

<< <i>Happy birthday Tom, I cant even remember when I was your age. >>

Than you should know all the key dates for the barbers?imageimage With jack hunt email at least now we know where all the 69dmpl went to. And good luck on your grades

Link to My Registry Set.

• Options

now we know where Gainesville buys their coins?

<< <i>From: Jack Hunt Coin Brokers

Dear ATB Customer,

This week the United States Mint is releasing the first two of the 2011 America the Beautiful 5oz silver bullion coins. The coins being released are Gettysburg National Military Park and Glacier National Park.

We have had many requests to provide these new Mint offerings. Unfortunately, Jack Hunt Coin Broker, Inc. will not be selling these coins directly to the public. If you would like to purchase 2011 America the Beautiful 5oz silver bullion coins we recommend Gainesville Coins @ www.gainesvillecoins.com or call them at 813-482-9300.

We appreciate the opportunity to have served you and we are confident that Gainesville Coins will be able to meet your future America the Beautiful coin series needs.

Sincerely,

America the Beautiful - P.O. Box 4189 - Kenmore NY 14217 >>

• Options

<< <i>now we know where Gainesville buys their coins?

<< <i>From: Jack Hunt Coin Brokers

Dear ATB Customer,

Sincerely,

America the Beautiful - P.O. Box 4189 - Kenmore NY 14217 >>

>>

This is going to make these harder to collect, a lot more cherry picking is going to go on and it will be harder to get the 69's
  • Options
    coasterfancoasterfan Posts: 1,302

<< <i>What's Provident's record? Never ordered with them before. Gainesville has been good to work with.

Just compared the two's prices: Provident = $266.76, Gainesville = $260.75 (both at credit card prices). The latter's shipping is $17.95 for 2 coins. >>

rodzm who occasionally posts on this thread has spoken very highly of Provident. I trust his opinion.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>
    rodzm who occasionally posts on this thread has spoken very highly of Provident. I trust his opinion. >>

Well lets just say that Ive traded nearly 300 oz of silver for gold since the gold/silver ratio was at 57. Not direct trades but a sell silver buy gold transaction. Theyve been my go to dealer for the past 1 1/2 years and they have always given me (and others on different PM fourms) great service.

I always do my sell/buys through Jeremy and he knows me (and my dad) every time we call. I dont work for Provident but their buy and sell prices are very competitive and always beat places like APMEX on pricing and shipping.

Great guys to deal with and hell I even received a Christmas card from them at the end of the year with a 1/2 oz silver round, now how cool is that. By the way I dont work for them although I wish I did but in any case anyone needs to do any selling Jeremy is the one to call...877-429-8790 ext 115
  • Options
    provident and gainesville are on the same level.

• Options
    CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭
    how about Apmex?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    So now that the manipulators are toying with silver, maybe the mint will react and quickly mark all "In stock and reserved", kill the cancel boxes and rush to shipping, to prevent cancellations?

maybe they will re-thing the silver set repricing

(l8-)>>

• Options
    JH update for the rest of the missing 25

Mine shipped today and was picked up by fedex, it will be here Friday
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    My ATB from the mint now says in stock and reserved but the cancel box is still there.

Edit: Should I cancel, there are probably hundreds if not a thousand cancellations, anyone think this one will be a dud?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file