Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just came back from my local coin show. What a crowd there selling silver. I sold a second batch of Atb's for scrap ($1100) . These are ones

that will not grade well . I still have 2 more sets on the way. >>

That is one Nice thing with the spot price so high you can off a few of the bad sets for alittle money with no bad feedback. Quick and easy, my local coin shop told me if I get anymore to drop them off. I Hit 8 out of 9 opted out of dillion gage did anyone get 9 for 9? .314 sets left on Ampex...........image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    I like a lot of people are melting,the mintage is getting a little smaller the more silver moves up.
  • Options

<< <i>How could you tell how many sets are left?

<< <i>427 (sold another 15 late on Sat. night)...it is almost as if the sets are going too fast...at Apmex - sell 1, remove 20, sell 1, remove 50, sell 1, sell 1, sell 1, remove 10, sell 1, remove 50...just a thought...

Edit - another 7 in the last 15 minutes...amazingly fast at 11:00pm PST >>

>>

Put in a high number in the how many you want space, it will give you a pop up telling how many are left. That is some chicken!!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762
    Moving a little slower now. 311 as of 2pm EST. Come on sellout at 6pm!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>I just wish EVERYONE would sell out and we can get on with the next issue.....It has been a fun event but it is getting a bit stale.... >>

I wish they'd stop selling so I can stop buying!
  • Options
    For those of us who are thinking of collecting the entire bullion series, how do you plan to acquire the future issues, particularly since they'll be coming out one at a time instead of as a set of five, and you'll likely be dealing with retailers who will likely cherry-pick? Are you going to get one that's already been graded? Or are you planning to purchase a number from, say Fidelitrade, who has said they will be selling, and pick the best one and sell the rest?
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    I went CC on my Apmex order, I have an Apmex email saying the payment is complete.

Edit - It It says my order will ship 4/20. Cool! image
  • Options

<< <i>For those of us who are thinking of collecting the entire bullion series, how do you plan to acquire the future issues, particularly since they'll be coming out one at a time instead of as a set of five, and you'll likely be dealing with retailers who will likely cherry-pick? Are you going to get one that's already been graded? Or are you planning to purchase a number from, say Fidelitrade, who has said they will be selling, and pick the best one and sell the rest? >>

I'd like to get them at the bottom level price---raw. Like with the US Mint, I plan on ordering as soon as possible. These will be more actively traded back and forth, so there won't be the likelihood of getting a "return" if you order them ASAP. Plus, getting them at the earliest possible means less chance for cherrypicking. Maybe my logic makes sense. We will see what happens.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For those of us who are thinking of collecting the entire bullion series, how do you plan to acquire the future issues, particularly since they'll be coming out one at a time instead of as a set of five, and you'll likely be dealing with retailers who will likely cherry-pick? Are you going to get one that's already been graded? Or are you planning to purchase a number from, say Fidelitrade, who has said they will be selling, and pick the best one and sell the rest? >>

I'd like to get them at the bottom level price---raw. Like with the US Mint, I plan on ordering as soon as possible. These will be more actively traded back and forth, so there won't be the likelihood of getting a "return" if you order them ASAP. Plus, getting them at the earliest possible means less chance for cherrypicking. Maybe my logic makes sense. We will see what happens. >>

That sounds like a good plan. I'll probably do the same. At some point, I will need to decide whether to collect the bullion or the uncirculated series, as I can't afford to do both. I think the bullion will win in the looks department and be cheaper to collect, but the uncirculateds will be in much higher demand.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    279 left
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> >>

I'd like to get them at the bottom level price---raw. Like with the US Mint, I plan on ordering as soon as possible. These will be more actively traded back and forth, so there won't be the likelihood of getting a "return" if you order them ASAP. Plus, getting them at the earliest possible means less chance for cherrypicking. Maybe my logic makes sense. We will see what happens. >>

Not to mention the First Strike / Early Release designation.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

That sounds like a good plan. I'll probably do the same. At some point, I will need to decide whether to collect the bullion or the uncirculated series, as I can't afford to do both. I think the bullion will win in the looks department and be cheaper to collect, but the uncirculateds will be in much higher demand. >>

<< <i>Not to mention the First Strike / Early Release designation. >>

Agreed on both accounts. I cannot afford to collect both sets either. I'm leaning toward the bullion issues right now because it means getting coins close to spot and the mintage difference between the 2010s and onward might be more pronounced. But this is without seeing the vapor blast coins and if they look awesome and become the coins "in demand" I might have to change my opinion. What I'm thinking is collecting both sets for the first few years and make my descision later, like what you're saying, coasterfan.
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    I may wait to see how bad the fingerprints and spots are, before deciding to collect.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going, going..258 left...should be dark by tomorrow
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    these last few are hard to get rid of!

249 left!

Silver is showing at $43.14 on the delayed futures quotes, with a high of $43.275
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I would buy a set if they would let me.
  • Options
    If I couldbuy another set, I would.

I can't believe it.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Dillon Gage set was just delivered today. I will have to open it tonight.

My wife was home and signed for it. Not just the normal digital signature/scan but also another form. The delivery person asked her what was inside and wrote that on the paper. It had a listed value of $1000. I wish I was here at the time to see the paper. Is this normal for UPS?
  • Options
    223 left at APMEX.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Dillon Gage set was just delivered today. I will have to open it tonight.

My wife was home and signed for it. Not just the normal digital signature/scan but also another form. The delivery person asked her what was inside and wrote that on the paper. It had a listed value of $1000. I wish I was here at the time to see the paper. Is this normal for UPS? >>

Sunday delivery?

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was out of town for three days and missed a few hundred posts.
    Did I miss anything?
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My Dillon Gage set was just delivered today. I will have to open it tonight.

My wife was home and signed for it. Not just the normal digital signature/scan but also another form. The delivery person asked her what was inside and wrote that on the paper. It had a listed value of $1000. I wish I was here at the time to see the paper. Is this normal for UPS? >>

Sunday delivery? >>

Yes, this is Sunday. Yes it was delivered today. This is what you get when you live in a small town and the delivery man does not have much else to do, that and he probably did not want to be responsible for a $1K package being locked in his van all weekend, he parks along a public street.
  • Options

<< <i>Was out of town for three days and missed a few hundred posts.
    Did I miss anything?
    TD >>

You probably knew that APMEX was selling although you had one of the first sets and it does not matter to you. I think that someone received their Jack Hunt order and had three NGC graded coins and two raw coins. Conspiracy theories abound.
  • Options

<< <i>Was out of town for three days and missed a few hundred posts.
    Did I miss anything?
    TD >>

its kinda like a music awards show where you either wanna open the show or close the show with your act. everything in between just blends together.

looks like APMEX opened and closed the show. image
    my ebay items BST transactions/swaps/giveaways with: Tiny, raycyca,mrpaseo, Dollar2007,Whatafind, Boom, packers88, DBSTrader2, 19Lyds, Mar327, pontiacinf, ElmerFusterpuck.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sunday delivery? >>

Yes, this is Sunday. Yes it was delivered today. This is what you get when you live in a small town and the delivery man does not have much else to do, that and he probably did not want to be responsible for a $1K package being locked in his van all weekend, he parks along a public street. >>

Does he look like Chris Farley and park his van on a public street down by the river? image
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FYI, I ordered an APMEX the first day they went back on sale last week, along with a few additional silver rounds. They said it would ship immediately, but they were only referring to the additional rounds which arrived Saturday. The ATB's have not shipped yet, and will probably arrive in May as they said.

Although for the life of me, I can't imagine why APMEX will take so long to ship them, unless they are just now getting around to submitting them to PCGS. Why they sat on them I have no idea, but it seems with the quantities sold by APMEX that no cherry-picking has ocurred as I believe we can account for the entire allocation around 3600-3700 sets.
  • Options
    Should break the Apmex 200 countdown this evening...looks like I will be the winner...I would like my pennies in airtight holders then placed in individual bubble envelopes and sent out with adult signature required and no possibility of having them left for pick up at the local FedEx. image
  • Options
    Status Order Date Payment received Est. Ship Date Act. Ship Date Total
    Printed Waiting to Ship 04/13/2011 04/14/2011 04/17/2011 ???????

Qty 210 left.

My JHC arrives Wed......

• Options

For certain shipments so designated as some type of secure shipments they take extra precautions. I'm guessing it is an additional security service level they offer.

I've had to sign for a couple of packages like that.

• Options

<< <i>If I couldbuy another set, I would.

I can't believe it. >>

Thanks APMEX!

I'm cured. I could care less if I get another set.

210 left

It looks like they'll go out some time tomorrow.

• Options
    195 left
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love these....

"We have more of these amazing pieces than any other United States seller"
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>FYI, I ordered an APMEX the first day they went back on sale last week, along with a few additional silver rounds. They said it would ship immediately, but they were only referring to the additional rounds which arrived Saturday. The ATB's have not shipped yet, and will probably arrive in May as they said.

Although for the life of me, I can't imagine why APMEX will take so long to ship them, unless they are just now getting around to submitting them to PCGS. Why they sat on them I have no idea, but it seems with the quantities sold by APMEX that no cherry-picking has ocurred as I believe we can account for the entire allocation around 3600-3700 sets. >>

I ordered my APMEX set on the 15th, got the letter saying I could order on the 16th (yesterday). I got an email today saying to expect shipping on the 20th. They are moving pretty fast if you ask me.
  • Options
    My Apmex ship date is the 22nd...anyone else pay by personal check?

Do you all think they were boxed at PCGS or Apmex?
  • Options

<< <i>Gotta love these....

"We have more of these amazing pieces than any other United States seller" >>

they have 100 at once if you wish

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks for the comebacks!
    TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>

they have 100 at once if you wish >>

That's no small feat putting 5 NGC platter-slabs in each hand!

186 at APMEX...
  • Options
    Apmex 177
  • Options

<< <i>

For certain shipments so designated as some type of secure shipments they take extra precautions. I'm guessing it is an additional security service level they offer.

I've had to sign for a couple of packages like that. >>

If anybody ever asks a nosy question about the contents of a package, look them in the eye and say

"STAMPED METAL PARTS!"
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

they have 100 at once if you wish >>

That's no small feat putting 5 NGC platter-slabs in each hand!

186 at APMEX... >>

They only went up $20,000 since they had them on last!

Who knows, they may know something we don't.
  • Options
    He must have a VERY big family since I am sure he complied with the "one per" rule
  • Options

I think he may have more than 100 sets ! in fact, his whole family may have more than 100 sets each !
  • Options
    156 left... My time has past...
  • Options

<< <i>I think he may have more than 100 sets ! in fact, his whole family may have more than 100 sets each ! >>

He has sold 14 in the last two weeks and has 114 more for sale (so far!)
  • Options
    My friends account is locked out on the pucks. Pretty sure I set up an alert for him back in December. Must have missed that as I already had alerts coming. Maybe they will open it up further today.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are my PCGS grades, I sent in all 15, didn't cherry pick: 3-69's, 9-68's, 2-67's, and one 64. I wish they could have been a little better: Is there any truth to the PCGS Price GuideSM Value or is it to early to tell?

Hot Springs MS67DM
    Hot Springs MS64DM
    Hot Springs MS68DM

Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS68PL
    Yellowstone MS69DM

Yosemite MS68PL
    Yosemite MS67DM
    Yosemite MS68DM

Grand Canyon MS68
    Grand Canyon MS68DM
    Grand Canyon MS68DM

Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS69PL

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
  • Options
    Here are my PCGS grades, I sent in all 15, didn't cherry pick: 3-69's, 9-68's, 2-67's, and one 64. I wish they could have been a little better:

Hot Springs MS67DM
    Hot Springs MS64DM
    Hot Springs MS68DM

Yellowstone MS69PL
    Yellowstone MS68PL
    Yellowstone MS69DM

Yosemite MS68PL
    Yosemite MS67DM
    Yosemite MS68DM

Grand Canyon MS68
    Grand Canyon MS68DM
    Grand Canyon MS68DM

Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS68PL
    Mount Hood MS69PL

Nice scores. Those three 69's are winners!

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To anyone who has received a set from Coins n Things, how fast (or slow) has their shipping been? My check cleared my bank on 4/8 and I'm wondering when to expect my pucks and Barbers...

TIA,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file