Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Show Your Collection

Comments

• Options
    Great stuff...unfortunately, I can not take a picture of the bunker/cave image
    Most complete single player collection: ULTIMATE MARK BRUNELL COLLECTION
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    CubbyBear:

Is that dip-spit in the water bottle on the desk? I guess it adds to the feel of the game. Are there any sunflower seeds on the floor? image

• Options
    One of my favorite threads, That I like to bump every few months.
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

<< <i>yes...all are game used

image >>

The Cal jersey looks like an older one. What year is it from? The display really looks great, too! (much nicer than framed jerseys, in my book...)
  • Options
    Forgot about this thread.

A large portion of my collection suffered a near fatal accident. The shelving system that held a lot of my cards collapsed recently. Now my collection is scattered all over the house.

Below are pictures of some of the carnage in it's current state after weeks of re-organizing and disposing of a few thousand cards.

Yes, those are all 1989 Fleer baseball sets in the middle of the floor. Got bored and sorted about 10000 of them.

I didn't learn my lesson the first time so a lot of cards are on the shelf that didn't fall.

This is where most of the goodies are kept.

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭
    My modest collection. With the exception of about 100 hockey cards, all the cards in these boxes are Cal Ripken. The box on the shelf and to the left is my box of PSA's. Hopefully someday I can find a decent way to display some of these image And yes, I am a pack rat and save boxes for computer equipment I've purchased.

My WCHA Final Five puck collection:

• Options
    mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    My Obsession for the last 25 years!!!

• Options
    hoping to post some fb card pics soon
    Vintage Football Collector and Dolphins fan.
    First Cards ever collected - 1978 Topps Football.
    Working on a collection of the Top Ten FB Cards of each year from 1957-1987.
  • Options
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Here are some picks of my modest, but growing 70's football card collection. I am trying to collect 18 of the top cards from each year. Mainly, I am focusing on 73-79 right now. Here is where I stand:

1973 - 15/18 - Need Stabler, Csonka, Riggins
    1974 - 17/18 - Just need Tarkenton
    1975 - 18/18
    1976 - 17/18 - Need Harvey Martin
    1977 - 17/18 - Need Steve Largent
    1978 - 18/18
    1979 - 17/18 - I have Ozzie Newsome on the way. Still need Lofton.

• Options
    ClemazClemaz Posts: 1,422
    Great cards as always TJMAC.
  • Options
    Great 70's FB cards. I like the idea of top 15-20 per year. I am working on the top ten each year from 57 to 87 (about 78% complete right now). They are not all graded, though. Currently I am filling out complete 78 and 79 sets from packs I have opened over the last couple years.
  • Options
    recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    I have every PSA card I own scanned in my sets if you want to take a look.

recbball's sets
  • Options
    intenceintence Posts: 1,255
    nice collection TJMAC
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭
    Some sweet pics in this thread! image

I mostly collect vintage, but a few years ago I put together a Jordan RC collection,
    with a focus on centering & image quality...

• Options
    Wow, that is an awesome collection of Jordan's. Did you buy them raw or graded?

Swank, I enjoy collecting a limited amount of players from each year. It helps me get a good variety of cards and maintain focus. I am already doing the top 30 for baseball from 1956-1985 (to start), top 18 from footbal (1970-1979). Eventually I will do the top 12 from 1980-1987 and the top 18 or 24 from 1956-1969. I just started doing the top 12 in hockey from 1970-1979.

Thanks for the feedback guys and for keeping this thread going. I love to share my stuff and to look at others.
  • Options
    GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    CW............. unbelievable Jordan RC collection!

Do you have a Gem Mint 10?

Just curious....

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Great Collections guys! I really enjoy these threads,it's fun looking at what everyone likes.
  • Options

This is the pic I was trying to show earlier. Mostly 9's, with three 8's and two 10's. The rookie is 8.5.

I built the frame myself (it is my first attempt at woodworking and somewhat amateurish).
  • Options
    Yankees001Yankees001 Posts: 1,496
    Here is my Pride and joy.

• Options
    I can't believe cards from the 20's actually exist in PSA 9. Nice run of Griese's too. When I was kid, it struck me as odd to see a QB that wore glasses. Very underrated player in my opinion.
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Not a bad frame, swank, and the Griese cards look really nice in there.

<< <i>Wow, that is an awesome collection of Jordan's. Did you buy them raw or graded? >>

I bought them all graded, most of them about 2-3 yrs ago. A couple were bought
    about 6 yrs ago when prices were up there.

<< <i>CW............. unbelievable Jordan RC collection!

Do you have a Gem Mint 10? >>

Nope, no 10, but I do have a nice BGS 8.5 that isn't in the photo. 10's are sweet, but I have
    a hard time paying such a huge difference between a 9 and a 10 when the visual differences
    are so minimal.

Thanks for the comments, as always.

And here's something I put together a couple years ago using photoshop -- a little collage
    displaying some of the vintage cards in my collection. The pre-war cards are mostly in
    PSA/SGC 3 - 5 condition, with the 50's cards being in the PSA 6 - 7 range.

• Options
    CW that is absolutely stunning. I really like displays that showcase cards from a number of different sets and even eras - I think the contrast between the cards really makes each one stand out.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see a Photoshop collage of Kevin Maas cards.
  • Options
    Just knocked off my top 30 for 1962 with the addition of Lou Brock. Here are some picks:

Here is where I stand:

1956 13/30
    1957 2/30 - Just picked up a sweet PSA 5 Ted Williams
    1958 15/30
    1959 30/30
    1960 11/30 - Just picked up a PSA 6 Kaline
    1961-1964 30/30
    1965 27/30 - Grabbed a nicely centered PSA 5 Mantle. Man, that card is expensive. Need Clemente, Hunter and Rose.
    1966 30/30
    1967 29/30 - Need Tom Seaver
    1968-1985 30/30

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    My very small collection. Mostly worthless junk that I used to have from my youth.

• Options
    Thanks Downtown. Gecko, that so called worthless junk brings back some nice childhood memories. You have some nice cards in there.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    TJ, those 62's prove how 6's often look better than 8's.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are a few of my items. I took some pics before taking them to the bank. Also a few closeups of the Ruth ball.

This Ball has a few more signatures, but Ruth is obviously the most important.

AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    sweet babe ruth autos!
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options

<< <i>My very small collection. Mostly worthless junk that I used to have from my youth.

image >>

Anything in the lot worth subbing in the group submission special at $4.25?
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options

And here's something I put together a couple years ago using photoshop -- a little collage
    displaying some of the vintage cards in my collection. The pre-war cards are mostly in
    PSA/SGC 3 - 5 condition, with the 50's cards being in the PSA 6 - 7 range.

image >>

Amazing collection . Do you plan on submitting any of the cards . I would be scared they would get damaged image
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    I've finally started to display my collection now that my basement (a dry basement) is completed. This is just the start, but I thought I'd post. Cabinets are from IKEA, binders from Unikeep.com.

Butte Buzzies - My wife's family is from Butte, I'm from Seattle, I wanted a leather helmet and it all came together.

Punt, Pass and Kick Library complete collection - that's all I read as a kid, Seattle Totems stuff and of course, the Hansen Brothers!

Football HOF rookie card collection to 1963, plus other graded HOFers

Misc. stuff from my childhood, CU board breaks, Washington State Alumni, a few baseball cards

Will post more as the basement comes together. I've got some magazines, new papers and programs to frame and I'd like to get my Largent and Payton collection up on the wall. Enjoy - Tony

In binders at bottom are my complete sets from 1964 in football, 1970 in baseball, 1969 in basketball, 1969 in hockey, some Seattle and Non-Sports stuff - Star Trek, Evel Kinevel, etc.
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Tony..
    Outstanding displays! Looks phenomonal!
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Mr. Colney, that is an outstanding basement.

"Molon Labe"

• Options

<< <i>Tony..
    Outstanding displays! Looks phenomonal! >>

Thanks Ryan, there's a few of your jv cards in those displays!image
  • Options
    As always great displays of your collections guys.
  • Options
    Fantastic displays everyone!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    cubfan89cubfan89 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭
    These collections are stunning to say the least! Is that Ruth ball a gamused baseball from the 1930 series?
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These collections are stunning to say the least! Is that Ruth ball a gamused baseball from the 1930 series? >>

Im not sure if its game used, but it does have a few areas of wear. How would I find out if it was? The main wear area is on the sweet spot. So I am assuming it was there when Ruth signed it as he usually goes for the sweet spot.
    AJ
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    Beautiful stuff guys. Love the Ruth autographed ball. Nice looking basement display too.
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Incredible collection Tony.
    Did you make custom labels for the binders?

And what's in the boxes to the right?
  • Options
    Thanks kidzfund,

I use UNIKEEP binders. They have a clear slip case and I made up the labels on my computer. Modeled them after the Roop binders. They're just printed out on 8.5 x 11 paper and I slip the paper under slip case. Background color is black and the lettering is gold.

Just old photo albums to the right, nothing exciting...just a bunch of drunk pictures of me from the 80's

Tony
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Guys cool looking collection..
  • Options
    Beautiful stuff Tony-- I see you have the first game at Safeco field ticket. I have the last game at the Kingdome ticket which was a large format ticket like yours. Good stuff. Doug
  • Options

<< <i>Beautiful stuff Tony-- I see you have the first game at Safeco field ticket. I have the last game at the Kingdome ticket which was a large format ticket like yours. Good stuff. Doug >>

I don't know about you, but I was happy to see the Kingdome go. It just killed me to be inside on a nice summer day, even though we get so few.
  • Options
    HoofHeartedHoofHearted Posts: 2,537 ✭✭
    Well, I've finally gotten a little start in getting some things organized and displayed. It's only one corner so I've got a ways to go. No pics of the rest of the room yet! image

Senators/Twins items in a postcard display piece on top of the bookshelf (sorry for the glare from the flash!):

Some Kirby Kollectibles finally coming out of the boxes:

Some Kirby/Senators/Twins books and videos:

And a book collaborated on with Yogi Berra, along with a "Sports" cigar box I found antiquing last year: