Home Sports Talk
Options

Say "Hello" to the NL East first place Philadelphia Phillies

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Nice of Utley, Ibanez and Werth to shut it down for the Marlins series.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope, not worried, not worried at all, not worried in the least, not worried....

Philadelphia 61 48 .560 - - 3-7 L3 25-18 15-6 15-12 6-12 29-29 32-19 38-34 23-14 8-5 14-12 569 505 60-49 8/9 vs FLA, L 3-12 8/11 @ CHC, 8:05P
    Florida 59 53 .527 3.5 49 6-4 W4 24-17 11-15 14-13 10-8 30-26 29-27 35-38 24-15 6-6 19-14 522 523 56-56 8/10 vs HOU, W 8-6 8/11 vs HOU, 7:10P
    Atlanta 58 54 .518 4.5 48 6-4 W3 20-15 15-16 16-15 7-8 28-25 30-29 35-38 23-16 8-3 19-16 497 460 60-52 8/9 @ LAD, W 8-2 8/11 vs WSH, 7:00P
    New York 52 60 .464 10.5 42 3-7 L1 20-20 17-14 10-16 5-10 30-25 22-35 42-43 10-17 4-6 15-15 482 516 53-59 8/10 @ ARI, L 4-7 8/11 @ ARI, 9:40P
    Washington 40 72 .357 22.5 30 8-2 W8 13-32 10-19 10-10 7-11 26-33 14-39 31-54 9-18 4-8 12-17 517 607 48-64 8/9 vs ARI, W 9-2 8/11 @ ATL, 7:00P
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>nope, not worried, not worried at all, not worried in the least, not worried....

>>

Yeah you are. The Phillies are playing like crap. Almost as bad as the Mets....now that's bad LOL
  • Options
    Not expecting great things from Pedro. I think it may be a short lived experiment.

I'll support him as long as he leaves the midget at home.

Midgets freak me out.
  • Options

<< <i>

I'll support him as long as he leaves the midget at home. >>

Then who will they get to take Victorino's place?
  • Options
    As a life long Dodger fan I almost always hope Pedro does well (except when he pitch against the Dodgers then he can lose 1-0) Good luck Pedro!
  • Options
    Me gusta run supporto

Sincerely,
    Pedro
  • Options

<< <i>Me gusta run supporto

Sincerely,
    Pedro >>

Nice game so far...rolling on to the playoffs....
  • Options
    'stros getting it done too

bam
  • Options
    I'm not ignoring the Braves, but my main concern is the Marlins...Phillies will still probably win the division by double digits when all 162 games are said and done....but if it's only 1 game it's fine by me.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm not ignoring the Braves, but my main concern is the Marlins...Phillies will still probably win the division by double digits when all 162 games are said and done....but if it's only 1 game it's fine by me. >>

Just be glad Lidge won't be needed tonight.

If you guys make the playoffs where the games are typically closer, the bullpen will be the team's ticket to the sofa.

Just stating the facts.

Sorry image

• Options
    Actually the one team that I fear is the Mets, they have bats that can get it done and their pitching has been top notch, plus all that home grown talent really make
    a difference. Even at 11 out, they need to be feared.

Kevin

NOT
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not ignoring the Braves, but my main concern is the Marlins...Phillies will still probably win the division by double digits when all 162 games are said and done....but if it's only 1 game it's fine by me. >>

If you guys make the playoffs where the games are typically closer, the bullpen will be the team's ticket to the sofa.

Just stating the facts.

Sorry image >>

Yea wow, the pen really let the team down during last year's WFC run.

Seems like we were hearing the same tune then too.

Just stating the facts.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Just stating the facts.

Sorry image >>

Yea wow, the pen really let the team down during last year's WFC run.

Seems like we were hearing the same tune then too.

Just stating the facts. >>

Last year?? What does that have to do with this year besides nothing?

You're not really comparing Lidge of last year to Lidge of this year are you?

How many blown saves does he have this year? 7 I think plus however many losses as well.

How many did he have last year? Zero if I remember correctly.

Let's also not forget about the failed Madson experiment as closer with all his blown saves to go along with Lidges.

Lastly, I don't remember saying a word about the Phillies pen last year. I'm pretty sure they were lights out once they got in the game.

The same can't be said about this year.

Now that my friend, is the facts.
  • Options
    Why is Met fan still talking? You need a 2000 dollar zoom lens to see the Phillies, just crawl back under the bed and wait for your beating by the bucs. The good news
    is when the 2010 season starts you all will start in first place, at least for one day!
  • Options

<< <i>Why is Met fan still talking? You need a 2000 dollar zoom lens to see the Phillies, just crawl back under the bed and wait for your beating by the bucs. The good news
    is when the 2010 season starts you all will start in first place, at least for one day! >>

Funny thing is, I have not been under the bed at all this year. I hav been here win or lose

You on the other hand, have been under the bed multiple times each time the Phills go in the tank.

Good luck in week one. You're gonna need it.

Maybe the NFL will make a special rule for the Bucs to allow them to play with 12 men on each side of the ball just so it's fair for them this year? image
  • Options

Wouldn't the Mets fans be more comfortable posting in the Pirates thread now? image
  • Options
    Chalk another one up for Ryan Howard, just when you thought the Braves were going to pull up in the divison, Ryan blasts one out of the stadium to win it.

THIS is the type of play that comes from MVP's. Pujols who?

Kevin
  • Options
    Another clutch home run by Babe Howard.

Very nice win!

Back to back championships here we come!!!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Phils are looking good as of late, but please don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Phils are looking good as of late, but please don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Steve >>

Actually, please keep counting them. That way I will enjoy it even more when they go down in flames image
  • Options
    Good God, Lidge sucks
  • Options

Bitter Mets fans.

Hatters.
  • Options
    2 out of 3 from the Braves. Happ pitches a 3 hit gem. Howard all the offense you need, what a beast.

• Options
    What no mention of game 2 and Lidge?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options

<< <i>What no mention of game 2 and Lidge?

Steve >>

ahhh, I did mention it.
  • Options
    Phillies just coasting in second gear right now...toying with their opponents...waiting for the post season...getting ready to kick some arse in the NL playoffs.
  • Options
    I heard once the Phillies get knocked out of the playoffs this year, the left field wall at Citizens Bank Park will be renamed the "Wailing Wall". All players and fans will be invited to come cry at the wall over what might have been if the team actually had a bullpen.

edit: change whale to wail image
  • Options
    whaling wall??????????????

LMAO

you mean wailing wall.

under the bed calls Matt, be there!
  • Options

<< <i>whaling wall??????????????

LMAO

you mean wailing wall.

under the bed calls Matt, be there! >>

LOL...you know what I meant
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>whaling wall??????????????

LMAO

you mean wailing wall.

under the bed calls Matt, be there! >>

LOL...you know what I meant >>

You go Ishmael.
  • Options
    Dbacks are worthless
  • Options
    Lawnmowerman - I predict that once the Phillies clinch the NL East, you are going to become a Phillies fan and the proof of that will be a beautiful Phillies pic in your sigline.
  • Options

<< <i>Lawnmowerman - I predict that once the Phillies clinch the NL East, you are going to become a Phillies fan and the proof of that will be a beautiful Phillies pic in your sigline. >>

I was actually thinkng of taking the sigline right now to help support them all the way till they lose in playoffs.

Do you have one in mind?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Lawnmowerman - I predict that once the Phillies clinch the NL East, you are going to become a Phillies fan and the proof of that will be a beautiful Phillies pic in your sigline. >>

I was actually thinkng of taking the sigline right now to help support them all the way till they lose in playoffs.

Do you have one in mind? >>

oh no...too soon...that would jinx it for sure...I'm not falling for that old trick...you'll just have to wait until the Phillies clinch.

LOL
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Foiled again!!! image >>

Hey - I know my superstitions. image
  • Options
    IF they clinch.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Jamie Koufax came in after a rain delay and shut down the might Dbacks. Not only do we have Pedro but now Moyer is coming in from the pen to close them....
    from the 4th inning!

Phillies are just loaded!

BAM
  • Options
    Jamie!!!image
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I hate the rain, except when it causes Jamie Moyer to pick up a win. Career win number 257. Nice.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>I hate the rain, except when it causes Jamie Moyer to pick up a win. Career win number 257. Nice.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

Sounds like HOF numbers to me.
  • Options
    Geez the Sillies must have won, Stalin is posting.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Geez the Sillies must have won, Stalin is posting.

Steve >>

Steve, Its never too late to jump ship. Ill even send you some Phillies cards to get you in the mood.

plus in a few weeks the Mets will be eliminiated, so you will have no one to root for. What say you?
  • Options

36. Bob Feller+ 266 R
    Eppa Rixey+ 266 L
    38. Jim McCormick 265 R
    39. Gus Weyhing 264 R
    40. Ted Lyons+ 260 R
    41. Jamie Moyer (46) 257 L
    42. Red Faber+ 254 R
    Jack Morris 254 R
    44. Carl Hubbell+ 253 L
    Al Spalding+ 253 R

a couple more and he is moving up

Go Phillies
  • Options
    That is your style Kevin.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    What's the Vegas over/under date on the Mets getting eliminated? My cat just had some kittens - I might bet 5 kittens on the under.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the Phillies game starts tonight, it seems like batting practice is going extra long tonight.

Signed
    Power and Brute Force