Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Cal Ripken Jr. Set Registry

Comments

• Options
    Man a psa 8 on the 2001 Topps. That is turning out ot be a card as hard or harder to find in a 10 slab than the 90 Topps. I think someone needs to sub a huge lot of the 01 Topps so we can all get our hands on a 10!
    Le Mieux Collection
    #19 All Time 500 Goal Scorers
    #41 All Time 3000 Strikeouts Club
    #25 Cal Ripken Jr. Basic Topps
    #4 Greg Maddux Basic Topps
    #7 Ryne Sandberg Basic Topps
    #1 Fank Thomas Rookies 100%
    #1 Chipper Jones Rookies 100%
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with that set is it's the same set as the Ichiro and Pujols RCs, so they're kindof expensive. Do I smell a group case rip? image
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭
    Those 2001's are tough as they tend to chip a lot
  • Options

<< <i>The problem with that set is it's the same set as the Ichiro and Pujols RCs, so they're kindof expensive. Do I smell a group case rip? image >>

That sounds interesting! I do agree, the price is jacked up there, but it's his last Topps regualer issue card and the first card in the 50th anniversary set, has a lot of cool background, plus the LOW pop!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    I'll also throw in the fact that I need the Maddux 01 Topps in a 10. It's one of the last three Maddux cards I need to complete my Maddux Basic Topps set. Group case rip sounds more and more interesting!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I bought 5 at a card show and submitted the best looking one! Thought for sure it was at least a 9. Def not an 8!

I would definitely be down for a group rip on a case.
  • Options
    BBCE series I retail wax case = $675. Not to bad, but I wonder how many Ripkens would come out of a box/case. Maddux is #660, so that's no help, but I wouldn't mind putting this set together raw, since it's the 50th annv. set and all!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Should have something pretty rare to show off next week image I'm pretty excited about it!
  • Options
    So I was looking into the 2001 Topps product line. There are 3 Ripkens in the base set and 3 possible Ripken inserts. The only notable RC is Travis Hafner. Other than that only a few stars. Regardless I think it would be worth the shot of hunting for a Mint condition Ripken #1.
  • Options

<< <i>So I was looking into the 2001 Topps product line. There are 3 Ripkens in the base set and 3 possible Ripken inserts. The only notable RC is Travis Hafner. Other than that only a few stars. Regardless I think it would be worth the shot of hunting for a Mint condition Ripken #1. >>

4 if you count the team card image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So I was looking into the 2001 Topps product line. There are 3 Ripkens in the base set and 3 possible Ripken inserts. The only notable RC is Travis Hafner. Other than that only a few stars. Regardless I think it would be worth the shot of hunting for a Mint condition Ripken #1. >>

4 if you count the team card image >>

Sizemore RC in 01??
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    Another factor that makes the 2001 difficult is that it is common for these cards to stick together. I have opened several factory sets where the cards are stuck together in a brick and ruined. I have seen it in wax boxes as well. It happens on several of the early 2000 Topps cards, but 2001 seems to be the worst.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    I am about 80% sure the Pujols is in the traded set?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    You're right, Ichiro is the only big card in this set, and he's in Series 2. I wonder, why does Series 1 cost the same as Series 2?
  • Options

<< <i>I wonder, why does Series 1 cost the same as Series 2? >>

The Hafner RC and 3 Ripken's will bring up the priice but I'm assuming it might have to do with the Series 1 Inserts being better.
  • Options
    *BUMP* whew, that was close!

Just purchased a bunch of raws to try and upgrade my Basic Set. Wish me luck!
  • Options
    Good luck Jeff!!
  • Options
    I agree, I think the hunt for the 01 Ripken #1 would be worth it/ very enjoyable. How many here would be serious about doing this. I'd like to do it if it were affordable for everyone.
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options

<< <i>I agree, I think the hunt for the 01 Ripken #1 would be worth it/ very enjoyable. How many here would be serious about doing this. I'd like to do it if it were affordable for everyone. >>

I'll be down for a group rip, especially since I'm cut off from Ebay right now.
  • Options
    Man, at first I didn't realize this was for a retail case. Ouch! At least each box still contains 36 packs. I'm still in for 3 boxes if we wanna get this thing going. We should call Steve and ask him if we can do a group rip with the case. Let's get some more interest and I'll make the call to Steve. Should we keep this group rip just in this thread, or post it on the main SC&M Forum?
  • Options
    I may be in depending on the price.
  • Options
    I think the "regulars" on this thread should get first dibs before we allow everyone in on it. Although I do want to keep the price reasonable.
  • Options
    Just tried to call and got the machine. I'll call back in a bit and try to get a price per box, and shipping costs.
  • Options
    In the meantime, does anyone know what inserts are included in the RETAIL Series 1 36-pack boxes? For the life of me I can't figure out why these are the same price as Series 2 (w/ Ichiro RC). It must be an insert thing.
  • Options
    Jeff, you know I am always up for a group rip.
  • Options
    **Case Break has been moved over to the Sports Cards & Memorabilia Forum**
  • Options
    you can edit me in for 3
  • Options
    Completely off topic. I was looking at an uncut sheet of 90 Topps (the Blue one with Ripken on it) and realized that our tough to grade #570 is on the far right side of the sheet roughly half way down. This could definitely be another reason why they don't grade out very well.
  • Options
    That's a good possibility. One would thing they would have this card-cutting thing down to a science! lol
  • Options
    If it's okay with everyone on here, I'll give this case until Friday at noon (ET) to sell out, before I move it to the main page. Is that enough time for us to have dibs?
  • Options
    3 please
  • Options
    List has been updated. I'll be back on tonight after the Cavs game! image
  • Options

<< <i>In the meantime, does anyone know what inserts are included in the RETAIL Series 1 36-pack boxes? For the life of me I can't figure out why these are the same price as Series 2 (w/ Ichiro RC). It must be an insert thing. >>

Here's a breakdown according to Beckett:

Base Set: 1, 384, 387 Gold Variations: 1:17

A Tradition Continues: #TRC2 1:17

Topps Combos: #TC3 1:12

Golden Anniversary: #GA11 1:10

Through The Years Reprints: #35 1:8
  • Options
    The box says stuff about random autos too. I guess we'll find out soon enough! image

• Options
    There are a bunch rangeing in odds from 1:346 to 1:22866
  • Options
    Speak of the devil...

1990 Topps #570 PSA 10
  • Options
    Dude, am I crazy or is this the 7th 1990 Topps PSA 10 this guy has sold in the last two months?
  • Options
    I think they may have all been different certs, I just checked the one that ended 5-26 and it was one number higher than the current one for auction.
  • Options
    One that ended 4-26 was a similar cert # but ended in 384. So he must have subbed a batch of nice 1990 Topps Ripken's. That or there are low 10's and he got a grader that was being nice image
  • Options
    I've checked them in the past and they have been all different certs. It's just amazing on how many he has.
  • Options
    The one I got was 14704384, the last one I saw in the completed listings tab was 14704387, and the one listed now is 14704386.
  • Options
    I'm still planning on bumping this up to the main page at noon ET. Getting the itch! image
  • Options
    Maybe this will help:

Okay, we're all set to do this thing. Just spoke with BBCE, here's the info:

----2001 Topps Baseball Unopened Series 1 Retail Wax Case----

20 boxes - 36 packs per box - 10 cards per pack

$30.00 per box

$8.00 for UPS insured shipping +$1.00 s/h for each additional box.

Anyone can pay through Paypal using account bbcexchange@sprintmail.com or can call at 800-598-8656 to use a credit card.

Please wait to pay until the case is sold out!

1. jeffcbay
    2. jeffcbay
    3. jeffcbay
    4. K
    5. K
    6. K
    7. lsutigers1973
    8. lsutigers1973
    9. lsutigers1973
  • Options
    Put me down for 2!
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm pumped, but I also have a quick question. I'm a rookie to the group rip with BBCE. When I do send payment, which I will do thru paypal, what do I need to reference so they make sure to get my payment applied for this rip?
    Le Mieux Collection
  • Options
    Mention this is for the CU Group Rip

Include your CU screen name with your payment.
  • Options
    Well didn't get the mail I was hoping for today, so I will post this scannage, because I've always liked the card and it was in the to scan pile. Not sure why I like it so much, maybe it's because we get to see a more casual side of Cal, chillin' with his dog, or maybe it's because I always wonder where he got that god-awful shirt.

imageimage
  • Options
    Always a great card! Nice in 10!

EDIT: 600 ((flex))