Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Topps Heritage Thread

Comments

• Options
    Geordie,

Thanks for helping me with the rip again. Good time, even though the case could have been better. I guess it also could have been a lot worse.

Doran,

I just sent you an email with the DC# for your case. Good luck
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    These autos are absolute garbage. Not a star, past or present, to be found. Clayton Kershaw. Mat Gamel, and Boobie Thomson are the big hits.

And a Whitey Lockman redemption? They couldn't get Lockman to sign? Ughhhhhh.
  • Options
    Any confirmation as to what the SPs are yet? I cannot wait for my boxes to arrive!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    box 8

8 SPs
    5 chrome
    1 ref - Kershaw

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    Dan Johnson GU?image
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>That list is based upon topps pre order list, which they changed quite a bit. To my knowledge Sparky Anderson is no where to be found in this product.

Kevin >>

Seriously?? I know he's just a manager but I was hoping to pull or trade for one of Sparky's autos
  • Options
    Come on Mike, quit holding out on us and just scan the cut auto!
  • Options
    getting slammed

box 9

7 SPs
    5 chrome
    1 ref - Pettite

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zep sorts as he goes, which is fine if that sorting style works for him. I think I am like most of the case rippers that sort the cards into hundreds piles (a stack of cards from 1 to 99, a stack of cards from 100 to 199, etc....) as I rip, then when the ripping is done, I numerically sort each sky scraping 100s pile.

I would imagine if you sorted after each box, you'd have to marry box 1 to box 2 (double work). Then when box 3 was done, you'd have to marry that to the box 1 and box 2 you just married. And so on and so on. To me, there is just no economy of motion in doing it that way.
  • Options
    I'm sorting into 1 gigantic set. pack by pack. not box by box. 1 base set is done, when box gets close to full, i pull another set out. Makes the rip last longer and I like that image saves me money

I know if I wait until everything is done, I'll never get around to doing it. Have too many examples like that already. Makes it very hard to do any trading since none of the cards are in order and I loath trying to look through a 3000 ct box looking for 4 specific cards.

• Options
    Mike are you at least off work today so that we have all day ripping to look forward to?
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>box 7 - last one for tonight

9 SPs
    3 chrome
    1 ref. McCann

rip will restart around 5:30 AM >>

Nice Zep, nothing like seeing you pull a nice Sox card. Please don't pull any more Dodgers cards as I would like to have a shot at them.

brian
  • Options
    off work today - Originally had planned to go to Foxwoods today but blew the money I was going to take on that 2nd case yesterday so I'll be here for a while image

my other case shipped yesterday so I won't see that one till Monday I guess

• Options

<< <i>Zep sorts as he goes, which is fine if that sorting style works for him. I think I am like most of the case rippers that sort the cards into hundreds piles (a stack of cards from 1 to 99, a stack of cards from 100 to 199, etc....) as I rip, then when the ripping is done, I numerically sort each sky scraping 100s pile.
    >>

That's the way I do it as well. Also saves on handling/wear of the cards.
  • Options
    My case probably won't be here until Monday as well, but I'm hopeful that the local shop gets enough in today to hold me over until then. image
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I will provide a full analysis this weekend, because i have all the data from previous years regarding the estimated print runs. If there are indeed a million packs of this product, then it is the shortest print run of any heritage year and is on par with 2001. That is assuming the retail run is equal to the hobby run. last year the print run was somewhere around 2 million packs, fyi.

Consider that there are 1960*100 chromes, and 560*100 refractors and 60*100 blacks. Use all of those to triangulate a rough estimate of packs. All numbers point to about 1.1 million packs total....of course retail odds could be different, but in the past they weren't.

If 1 milion packs, and sp's are 1:3, then there's about 33k sp's total. divided by 75 and there are a grand total of 4500 of EACH short print card. Just for comparison, In 2001 there were about 5000 of each hi# sp. Of course, I think some sp's were double-printed because topps sheets are printed with 100 or 110 cards. Of course that is conjecture, they could have filled the missing 3 or 13 cards with checklists or something innocuous.
  • Options
    If you say triangulate, conjecture, or innocuous again you will be asked to leave. image
  • Options
    box 10 - my first black but it has a spec

7 SPs
    4 chrome
    1 black

• Options
    That's better.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    Nice pull, now I only have 59 more chances at a pujols.
  • Options
    Can you get a replacement for that?
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Nice work Jim

You never know with retail. I believe last year they made the odds longer for retail, or maybe I'm thinking about high #. The jumbo packs are going to throw
    a wrench into the math. I really like the idea of cutting back production, I don't think there is a whole lot of intrest in this product past set builders. I will
    admit that this gorgeous design is going to hook some people. The past of this will be sliding the last card into your album and sitting down to look
    through it.

I am contacting Clay at topps right now and should have a response on my blog page about the dropped cards. Hopefully he doesn't take Friday's off!

I will agree sorting as you rip is the way to do IF you can wait. Also if you are ripping live on the boards, make sure you know the conversion table
    for waiting. If the ripper waits 10 minutes between posts, it feels like 30 minutes to those watching! LOL

Once someone has their cards in order let me know, I want to ask you about some possible color varitions and low number SP's. So right now I still have
    SP's at card #'s 426+

Keep Rippin!

Kevin
  • Options
    Is there a difference in 'cards per pack' between Hobby and Retail?
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options

<< <i>Is there a difference in 'cards per pack' between Hobby and Retail? >>

There hasn't been in the past, but their are jumbo packs in retail this year.

Kevin
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Which card in the pack is the SP/Insert this year?
  • Options
    box 11

7 SPs
    5 chome
    1 ref - Ichiro

• Options

<< <i>Which card in the pack is the SP/Insert this year? >>

Some where in the middle...LOL I ripped to fast. Im hoping to have more today. Clay emailed me and said he doesn't even have the product yet!

Kevin
  • Options
    box 12 - thank God this case is done

8 SPs
    4 chrome
    1 ref

now it's time for breakfast and do some stats on this miserable case
  • Options
    Over 1 hour with no posts in this thread, at this time of the year, is criminal.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>box 12 - thank God this case is done

now it's time for breakfast and do some stats on this miserable case >>

Welcome to our world, Mike. You've just gotten spoiled on miraculous pulls in every product you've opened! image
  • Options
    I am interested in any extra ad panels from the various breaks.

Brad
  • Options
    Even the great one's have bad days.

CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    well, crap. I gotta go to work. Might be able to check in from time to time, but otherwise I'll catch up tonight. Mike, good luck with the 2nd case. Hope stuff starts trickling in for the rest of you.
  • Options
    Case 1 of 3 stats:

Autographs 1 (redemption)
    Game Used 12 (1 double)
    Black Chrome 1
    Chrome Refractor 12
    Chome 52
    Short Prints 97 58 different 39 doubles
    Base set 1 2nd set short 1 card 3rd set short 3 cards
    Master set no
    Inserts:
    New Age 20 missing 3
    Then & Now 19 complete
    Flashbacks 43
    Baseball 20 complete
    News 23 complete
    Variations ?
    Buybacks 6
    Ad Panels 12 all different
    Damaged cards 26 smashed corners
  • Options

<< <i>Case 1 of 3 stats:

Autographs 1 (redemption)
    Game Used 12 (1 double)
    Black Chrome 1
    Chrome Refractor 12
    Chome 52
    Short Prints 97 58 different 39 doubles
    Base set 1 2nd set short 1 card 3rd set short 3 cards
    Master set no
    Inserts:
    New Age 20 missing 3
    Then & Now 19 complete
    Flashbacks 43
    Baseball 20 complete
    News 23 complete
    Variations ?
    Buybacks 6
    Ad Panels 12 all different
    Damaged cards 26 smashed corners >>

Great info Zep! Can you possible list the base set cards you didn't get doubles and triple of? I want to compare them to mine. Can't believe you pulled that many
    doubles on the SP's...OUCH

Kevin
  • Options
    Yeah, seems like last year they had almost no doubles per case.
  • Options
    I saw a Kinsler chrome, a Chris Davis Chrome, and a Kevin Millwood jersey posted out there. I would love to try and trade for them. If you have them please PM me and we can work something out. Thanks.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Well, well, well. Looks like there may be black back variations after all! Wonder why we haven't seen this yet, retail only maybe?

2009 Topps Heritage Black Backs?
  • Options
    please, why do people do this? Note in the auction despription its said 620 cards (+or-). This is a presale auction of what they thought might
    be in the product. Someone should post this info on that blog page, this is misinformation.

Right now Zep is the expert here, he has opened the most. Ill wait until he or anyone else opening in masse, talks about the product.

KEvin
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My case break down;

Red Autos: 1, Schult 27/60
    Flashback Relics: 1, Mantle
    Clubhouse Collection: 12(1 double) GroupA Johnson,Millwood Group B Baldelli, Upton, Willis(2),Lester,Utley Group C Crawford, Ramirez
    Black Refractors: 3, Teixeira, Gallardo, Stephen Drew
    Refractors; 10, 1 dup
    Chrome: 55, 2 dups
    SP'S: 96, 38 dups
    Base: 3 sets, tons of duplication
    Master: None, missing 17 sp's
    Flashbacks: 1 set, 14 dups
    News Flashbacks: 9/10, need #10, 14 dups
    NAP: 12/15, need #1,11,15, 6 dups
    Then and Now: 9/10, need #3, 11 dups

Kevin,

Base that I did not have after the base sets:

I believe I am going to hold off on the other 3 cases I have for the moment and see what I can do thru trading to complete my Master set with Chrome and a few more base sets. If anyone is interested in trading LMK.

Stoney
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thru my sorting I did not notice any back variations but I will take a closer look after breaking up some other boxes of stuff I have.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you say triangulate, conjecture, or innocuous again you will be asked to leave. image >>

same with marrying boxes.
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Are we sure there will be a super SP in this set? Was there a weird variation in 1960 Topps? Last year the Smoltz made sense because of the Burdette variation and the guy at Topps who is in love with Santana (see 08 Topps #661). If my memory serves me correctly there was not a super SP in 2007 Topps Heritage and the only reason there was one in 2006 Topps Heritage was because of the Alex Gordon issue.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    The only advantage I can see to waiting...and waiting...and waiting for my two cases to arrive is that there should be a complete list of short prints and variations, if any, by the time they finally get here. Thanks to all of you who are currently working on compiling this information.
  • Options
    I called 3 different shops here in Michigan and they all told me that Topps delayed shipping, so they won't see anything until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latestimage
  • Options
    my 6 boxes will be here this afternoon......but they have to sit until Sunday. image I won't be home long enough all weekend to open any of them image
    ---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    I just read this on sportscardnation.com: "MARKET REPORT DETAILS:
    Topps has been sold out for months. Huge collectibility every year. Set builders dream. Always a great seller. This year's has started out much higher than in previous years due to the early sellout and lower production.

SCN DIRECTIONAL REPORT (Which way will prices move in the next 60 days):
    We should see cases come out in the $800-$825 range. If there is a dip down to the $750 range, we feel it's a great buy. Very little of this product will hit the secondary market and most of it will be broken. We could see $75 a Box in 30-60 days and if the print run is really short, this could be a $100 box similar to back in 2001.

It also lists the factory direct price @ around $600/case (blow out cards is makin out pretty good, 925)
  • Options

<< <i>I called 3 different shops here in Michigan and they all told me that Topps delayed shipping, so they won't see anything until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latestimage >>

How in the heck did some get out? Does this normally happen? It doesn't seem that Topps would let some out, but ship some?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I called 3 different shops here in Michigan and they all told me that Topps delayed shipping, so they won't see anything until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latestimage >>

How in the heck did some get out? Does this normally happen? It doesn't seem that Topps would let some out, but ship some? >>

Most of the stuff on ebay is on the east coast. Maybe Topps ships it out in sections
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    i was supposed to have a case today. but only 4 boxes came in he sold me 2. scans coming of my 2 box break! did real good on 2 boxes i think. got a smoltz sp # 445. braves uni maybe there is a redsox variation?

got 17 sp's if 426 and over are. here are the good ones