Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The OFFICIAL 2009 Topps Heritage Thread

Comments

• GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    I have it here in Lincoln, NE
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    sorry scans so small the wang is a black.

• << <i>..... the wang is a black. >>

Some chicks are into that....
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • More Hating on 09 Topps Heritage that refrences this thread!! What a tool.

He Should be Called Joe the Hater
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Some chicks are into that....

lol
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>More Hating on 09 Topps Heritage that refrences this thread!! What a tool.

He Should be Called Joe the Hater >>

I have no problem with someone not liking a certain set, but if he writes a sports card blog and has never heard of Fausto Carmona, he must not be into modern cards/current day baseball.
  • He's right he just doesn't get it, its about building the set. Taking us back to our childhoods, when packs of cards were less than $1, you got 15 cards and a stick of gum. You're right though Knopfler, he must live in a cave if he's never heard of Carmona.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    LOL - nice one Topps

"The Redemption code that you entered does not exist. Please check the code on the card back and try again."

• I am not sure you know or not but they are case sensitive codes.
    Mike
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i was supposed to have a case today. but only 4 boxes came in he sold me 2. scans coming of my 2 box break! did real good on 2 boxes i think. got a smoltz sp # 445. braves uni maybe there is a redsox variation? >>

Checking in real quick. I'm pretty sure Smoltz signed too late for a uni change. Randy Johnso signed with the Giants earlier than Smoltz and he is still pictured in an Arizona uni.

As far as black backs go, I don't think they exist, unless Topps does something completely dumb like insert them in special Target blasters (like the ridiculous black background in '09 Topps WalMart blasters).

Brentandbecca just took down their Super Master Sets with the black backs. Maybe they got some bad info.
  • tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
    My case was supposed to be in today, but it didnt show. He said it might be in tuesday. Cant wait!
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    This is killing me. My case is not in. It should arrive Monday. I was in a pack-ripping mindset. I bought two sorting trays to help me as I go.

It is going to be a long weekend.

Thanks for all of the scans. It is nice to see all of the old Pirates who now play for good teams.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Well I scoured the local shops today one shop had two boxes at $90/box one already opened and I passed, wasted the day waiting on the other shop to get their ups shipment but alas no Heritage. I went back and picked up the sealed $90 box, which is way too expensive, but while we were at lunch I got a phone call telling me my grandma died so I needed a pick me up. I'll post the scans as soon as I open it.
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got a phone call telling me my grandma died >>

Sorry to hear that.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry for your loss Doran.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your Grandmother, both of my Grandmothers passed in '05. My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Thanks for your thoughts guys. ssdawg, while I was at one of the shops I met the guy from springfield, missouri that you sold a case to.
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Doran,

Really sorry to hear about your Grandmother! My condolences to you and your family.

I picked up a box at lunch and was pretty much standard across the boards. Here is a scan of my stuff. On a good side note, I dropped tomato soup on the back of the Davis and Hamels chromes because I was eating lunch while opening. That's always fun!

Pumpsie
    IWTDMBII

• << <i>I called 3 different shops here in Michigan and they all told me that Topps delayed shipping, so they won't see anything until Tuesday or Wednesday at the latestimage >>

What shops? There's only one by mein Lake Orion and he's closed for remodels. He's also the one that charges over $90 per box.

<< <i>I picked up a box at lunch and was pretty much standard across the boards. Here is a scan of my stuff. On a good side note, I dropped tomato soup on the back of the Davis and Hamels chromes because I was eating lunch while opening. That's always fun!

Pumpsie >>

Red Back Variations
  • one in ypsilanti, redford, sterling heights, and I didn't call the one in royal oak

<< <i>Well I scoured the local shops today one shop had two boxes at $90/box one already opened and I passed, wasted the day waiting on the other shop to get their ups shipment but alas no Heritage. I went back and picked up the sealed $90 box, which is way too expensive, but while we were at lunch I got a phone call telling me my grandma died so I needed a pick me up. I'll post the scans as soon as I open it. >>

sorry for your loss man

<< <i>I am not sure you know or not but they are case sensitive codes.
    Mike >>

actually they are not (tried it both ways anyway) I didn't bother with the caps lock on any of the WBC redemptions and it worked fine

called Topps and they said the codes weren't getting put into the system until today and to try again on Monday
  • Here are the highlights from the box, not a bad box overall. A question for you guys that have opened some, are all of your cards more of a flat stock this year, not much or any gloss?

1 Ad Panel
    1 Buyback
    7 Short Prints
    2 NAP
    2 T&N
    2 BF
    3 NF
    5 Chrome
    1 Refractor a zep special
    1 CC
    1 FB Seat

Another question, were the seats at Forbes Field Cloth? It feels almost like jersey material.

Now it's time for me to have a few drinks.....
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>I just read this on sportscardnation.com: "MARKET REPORT DETAILS:
    Topps has been sold out for months. Huge collectibility every year. Set builders dream. Always a great seller. This year's has started out much higher than in previous years due to the early sellout and lower production.

SCN DIRECTIONAL REPORT (Which way will prices move in the next 60 days):
    We should see cases come out in the $800-$825 range. If there is a dip down to the $750 range, we feel it's a great buy. Very little of this product will hit the secondary market and most of it will be broken. We could see $75 a Box in 30-60 days and if the print run is really short, this could be a $100 box similar to back in 2001.

It also lists the factory direct price @ around $600/case (blow out cards is makin out pretty good, 925) >>

Has anyone making these predictions actually open any of the product? I don't care how limited you think it may or may not be, autograph odds at 1:308 packs
    is not going to sell product. It's obvious that the online dealers are trying to hype this stuff up...LIMITED LIMTED LIMTED!! We have the odds on the wrappers...
    half a million hobby packs is NOT limited, as said before above it puts the runs up there with 01 heritage and that was not hard to find back then.

Again I would caution everyone here to not overpay for this product. Retail is on the way and after that hits you will have NO problem finding product.

Kevin
  • ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool, he seemed like a nice guy. He should have it by Sat. or Monday at the latest.
    If my dealer here tries to jack these up cause they appear "limited" then I'm out the door and won't come back. I only expect one thing from my
    card dealer, that when the products come in that I love (heritage and Ginter), that I get them at a fair price. I buy product the whole year, I am
    a good customer at two shops here, for that loyalty I demand dealer to take care of me, regardless of how much money he could make if he sold
    otherwise.

I don't need my dealers, I have other options and most of the time those options are cheaper. Dealers need me, especially in this economy. The dealer
    I got my first 6 boxes from had to get them second hand, but he still gave me a great price and didn't think twice about selling me all of them. THAT is
    a dealer I will be back to. I have yet to hear from my second dealer, but the talk is always about "replacment cost". I will not pay stupid prices on this
    just cause dealers around the US are claiming it as rare. I know its sometimes hard to wait, and while paying 90 bucks a box is way too much, sometimes
    that is what you have to do...and I have paid that much before!

Is taking advantage of set builders the way to stay in business?

I think we all know the answer to that one!

Kevin

• Give me all your "crappy" Rays GU's!!! image
    your black wang is huge

<< <i>Give me all your "crappy" Rays GU's!!! image >>

Goot - where are all our spring training pics?

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Lunchtime check in - Kevin, did you get more of a feeling for potential low number SPs yet?

<< <i>Lunchtime check in - Kevin, did you get more of a feeling for potential low number SPs yet? >>

I don't think there are any - I think it's just 426-500

variations, I have no idea yet though

Dice-K is an SP and I didn't pull one in the first case LOL
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i>your black wang is huge >>

who pulled a black wang?!
    ·p_A·
  • So are all the regular cards you guys have pulled lacking any gloss on the front? Also were the seats at Forbes Field cloth as that appears to be what the seat relic is.
    no gloss on the regular cards

cool looking seat fabric but don't know anything about it

mine was all wood from Briggs Stadium
    box 13

8 SPs
    4 chrome
    1 ref - Marson

• Nothing here in Chicago yet. My regular shop said he's really disappointed with Topps because the product is paid for, but nowhere to be found, and they are not returning his emails. The other shop said that his distributor was expecting to deliver it today and waited until the last minute before coming over to see if it arrived, but nothing showed up. The first shop is quoting 60-65 a box, while shop #2 is quoting 75 a box. I like the first shop a little better....been going there for five years, so I'll probably stick with him for a couple of boxes to start. Looks like I won't get anything until next Saturday unless retail hits ultra early. It's tempting to sit out and just buy a set on Ebay later this year when the prices come down, but it's so much fun opening this product. I love this set.
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I guess I get to break this news....I just got my jumbo case today. Opened 2 boxes so far. each box has had 10 sp's, 10 inserts, 4 chromes and 1 refractor. There is a new insert in the jumbos: a 10 card topps mayo baseball set. i got 5 in one box, then 4 in the other, but the other box also yielded an aparicio seat relic.

<< <i>I guess I get to break this news....I just got my jumbo case today. Opened 2 boxes so far. each box has had 10 sp's, 10 inserts, 4 chromes and 1 refractor. There is a new insert in the jumbos: a 10 card topps mayo baseball set. i got 5 in one box, then 4 in the other, but the other box also yielded an aparicio seat relic. >>

Is that better or worse odds on the SP's, inserts, etc. compared to regular hobby boxes? I know 8 sp's per hobby box, but how does a jumbo box compare (packs, price, etc.) to a regular hobby box?
    Oddly, the wrapper does NOT mention the SP odds. but at 10 per box - thats 1 per 2 packs. But these packs have 14 cards, not 8. So in 1 box is 20 packs, and 20 jumbo packs are the same number of cards (280) as 35 hobby or retail packs. So in 35 packs you get 10 sp's. Pretty similar, since the ratio is 1:3 for hobby packs. And I only have a 2 jumbo box sample so far, so maybe there will normally be 11 for a jumbo box which would be right on same odds.

wrapper scan:

can you scan the mayo cards?
  • paleocardspaleocards Posts: 933 ✭✭✭✭
    My local dealer said he won't get his cases until Monday, the other shop in town doesn't expect his shipment until later next week (I'm in Knoxville, TN). I was really hoping to be opening my 6 boxes this weekend and it's killing me to see other board members ripping and I've got to wait. Where (what states) is Heritage actually available already? I know Stalin's in FL and is zep in CA? Please post where you are if you're one of the lucky ones, thanks.
    I'm in Central NY, my case was delivered from NJ. My local dealer does NOT yet have his shipment, but its due in monday.
    I'm in MA. My local shop got his on Thursday. The other shop I use hasn't gotten his yet.
  • Mike, have you pulled the Pedroia refractor yet? If not I'll put the one I pulled to the side for you.
    Box 14

9 SPs 9 (1 needed - Dice-K)
    4 chrome
    1 ref. - Jeter

1 more box tonight then I'm gonna watch a movie
  • mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff guys! zep you are killing those buybacks
  • A local mall had a little show this weekend, and I grabbed a box at $75. Some nice looking stuff, but I haven't checked into the SPs/inserts/ etc just yet. However, I didn't receive the "One Autograph or Relic per box". Didn't someone get Topps to own up to that last year?

At another vender's table, I did grab a nice 1960 Eddie Matthews for $15. I'll get some scans up tomorrow...
    2001-2014 Topps Heritage complete!
  • Did anyone notice the cut auto odds on the jumbo packs, can that be right hobby is 1:250,000 and retail is 1:33,480