Comments

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>your black wang is huge >>

who pulled a black wang?! >>

I'd love to pull a black wang.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    I feel like the uncool kid who cant play. I need to at least grab a couple boxes of these this weekend. I may buy a case after things cool off late March maybe.
  • Options
    Does anyone have an ad- panel to show off? Didn't see one yet
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    box 15

8 SPs
    5 chrome
    2 ref
    1 completely blank card on heritage card stock - got 1 out of last years high #s too

• Options

<< <i>Does anyone have an ad- panel to show off? Didn't see one yet >>

posted this a couple pages ago

• Options

<< <i>More Hating on 09 Topps Heritage that refrences this thread!! What a tool.

He Should be Called Joe the Hater >>

He's got an update completing bashing this thread and the hobby boxes, saying one could build an entire set with SPs for the price of four boxes. Sadly, he may be correct.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess I get to break this news....I just got my jumbo case today. Opened 2 boxes so far. each box has had 10 sp's, 10 inserts, 4 chromes and 1 refractor. There is a new insert in the jumbos: a 10 card topps mayo baseball set. i got 5 in one box, then 4 in the other, but the other box also yielded an aparicio seat relic.

image >>

those Mayo cards look nice

• Options
    New insert set with jumbos? You can count on an insert set for Target & Wal-Mart
  • Options
    I like those Mayo cards as well. It does probably mean we will have Walmart & Target exclusive sets again this year.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Too bad the Mayo's aren't minis! Neat set though.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Hi guys

I have a connection on another site who is offering 09 heritage for 60/box dlvd. I'm not sure if its going to happen or if the boxes get cheaper as more
    are bought, but PM if anyone is interetsed. I know he has at least 12 boxes.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Options

<< <i>Dan Johnson GU?image >>

Dan Johnson wasn't even on the playoff roster...... What a joke.
  • Options

<< <i>Oddly, the wrapper does NOT mention the SP odds. but at 10 per box - thats 1 per 2 packs. But these packs have 14 cards, not 8. So in 1 box is 20 packs, and 20 jumbo packs are the same number of cards (280) as 35 hobby or retail packs. So in 35 packs you get 10 sp's. Pretty similar, since the ratio is 1:3 for hobby packs. And I only have a 2 jumbo box sample so far, so maybe there will normally be 11 for a jumbo box which would be right on same odds.

wrapper scan:

image >>

wow this is good stuff. Assuming there were still only 2 cuts and that one of them went into hobby and one into jumbos that would mean there are only
    250,000 packs of hobby. We really need to know how many cuts went into this product. We might not know that for a while. Is the cost on these jumbo
    boxes still 72 per retail?

Kevin
  • Options
    Knopfler, enjoy the circle jerk?

Joe the Collector hates me
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    I've been a member less than 2 months....what did I do to deserve "Joe the a-hole's" wrath? I like to build sets and enjoy the Heritage. I follow baseball and I happen to know that the 07 Indians one-two punch of Sabathia Carmona was pretty lethal...
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Knopfler, enjoy the circle jerk?

Joe the Collector hates me >>

I saw that. Doesn't bother me. He's a blog writer, he's gonna write to get readers to his blog. He has done that, although I doubt too many Heritage enthusiasts will become loyal readers. The funny thing is that he actually agrees with us but doesn't realize it. Everyone here has stated how poor the auto selection is in this set. And the Circle Jerks were a great band!
  • Options
    Knopfler...get ready for another one...

I AGREE WITH YOU. I think if you buy this set for the GU/auto selection it is a bit disappointing. You're buying this stuff to make a complete set. I mean am I the only one that still set builds anymore? I also love to get a few dupes to try and get signed when I go to Rangers games.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Dude, you're famous now!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    Matthew,

I love collecting the Heritage sets. I do sell a lot as well, and while it doesn't look like this year will be as profitable as past years, it should still be fun. I had not bought a pack of new cards in at least ten years until I found out about Topps Heritage. Are you in the DFW area? I'm in McKinney.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi guys

I have a connection on another site who is offering 09 heritage for 60/box dlvd. I'm not sure if its going to happen or if the boxes get cheaper as more
    are bought, but PM if anyone is interetsed. I know he has at least 12 boxes.

Thanks
    Kevin >>

Kevin,
    PM sent....

Semper Fi
    Dan
    "If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scene, they will find the streets are guarded by United States Marines!" - Marine Corps Hymn
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    whew - looks like I missed an exciting day. Circle jerk, Mayo inserts, seat relics, smack talk w/ an insignificant blog troll? Good times!

Zep, Joe & I pulled a blank card as well. Where's Randy's woohoo guy - what's his name, Berf?

Mayo inserts in the jumbos? I don't see a Heritage logo anywhere, so I'm not biting. At least last year's T205 and Dick Perez inserts had the logo, making them a legitimate chase card. Wonder what's coming with Target & WalMart blasters. A&G, Turkey Red perhaps?
  • Options
    Is it too early for retail survalance? I hope they arn't having a big pillow sales this week!

Kevin
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    If anyone pulls any of the Ben Sheets cards, drop me a PM if you wish to move them, pre-eBay....

He has a base, an AS, chrome, refractor and black refractor.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Well I'm in Utah and cases arrived at two local shops here today...picked up 3 boxes

Opened two boxes so far and pulled a Mantle Seat Relic and a Tejada Black Refractor.

I'm hoping the 3rd box will have inkimage

Was going to get more than 3 boxes but the local guy was charging $84/box! He's always so damn overpriced, but I'm always too lazy or desperate for a Heritage fix to buy stuff online and wait for it to come so I always give in and pay his ridiculous prices. At least he's a decent guy and I'm supporting the local economy, right? :S
  • Options
    Well, I opened a few boxes and I did not pull anything really big but I did get an Art Ceccarelli autograph. I also did really well on the 1960 Topps Original as I got a Al Kaline which I am pleased with! I will try to get some scans later today as well as open a few more boxes. I looked on EBay and saw for the first time what the dual autos look like whcih are really sweet and have that link posted here:

2009 Topps Heritage Dual Autograph

I am beginning to think that there are not any variations or other surprises in hobby this year because this great group surely would have found them by now!!

Good luck to all!!!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    Craig, you did pretty well some nice pulls

box 16

7 SPs
    5 chome
    1 ref
    1 black ref

been some nice cards on the ad panels

• Options
    Box 1

9 SPs
    4 chome
    1 ref
    1 black ref
    1 Auto Relic Redemption

Box 1
  • Options

<< <i>Box 1

9 SPs
    4 chome
    1 ref
    1 black ref
    1 Auto Relic Redemption >>

That's a heckuva nice start to your case, Jay - congrats!

edit: Mike, I don't recall seeing Dino Zlz on the chrome checklist - is he an up & coming prospect? image

• Options

<< <i>Box 1

9 SPs
    4 chome
    1 ref
    1 black ref
    1 Auto Relic Redemption >>

nice box

auto of who?

• Options
    whoa! Big scan alert! Looks like a Whitey Lockman stadium relic auto.
  • Options

<< <i>whoa! Big scan alert! Looks like a Whitey Lockman stadium relic auto. >>

Scan fixed. Linked it instead.

The auto is lockman.
  • Options
    I was just messin' with you, Jay. Very nice box to start out. Keep it going!
  • Options
    box 17

8 SPs
    5 chrome
    2 ref

• Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭
    Local shop here in Lincoln is pretty solid. The owner will but probably about 1/2 case of this stuff. If you are looking for any PARTICULAR cards, shoot me a PM with a listing, and I will see what I can do...in return for trade I am looking for inserts from the 2002 Topps Heritage .

If he has any relics auto, etc I will let you know as well.

he also does have a few autos from other years of heritage so please, if you are looking for anything that might have eluded you, drop me a PM and I will check into it and get back to you.

I love Heritage!

Dave
    Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
    Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.
  • Options
    Well I did pull ink on my 3rd box

Results from 3 Hobby boxes:

24 SPs
    13 Chrome
    2 Refractors
    1 Black Refractor - Miguel Tejada
    1 Stadium Relic - Mickey Mantle
    1 Clubhouse Collection - Dan Johnson
    1 Real One Autograph - John Romonosky
    1 Buyback - Eddie Yost

6 Baseball Flashbacks
    6 News Flashbacks
    5 Then & Now
    5 New Age Performers

I want MOOOOOORRRRREEEEEEE!!!!!!

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Finished my jumbo case rip. here are the tallies:

In 120 jumbo packs: ($337 dlvd)

- 30 mayo inserts (including 2 full sets)
    - 8 refractors (expected 7.5)
    - 21 chrome (expected 20)
    - maybin bat relic - 1 per 216
    - mantle seat relic - 1 per 216
    - aparicio seat relic
    - 16 nap - expected 15
    - 17 fb - expected 20
    - 18 news - expected 20
    - 17 t&n - expected 15
    - 58 short prints - ?? must be about 1 per 2 packs on average
    - blue ink - cal neeman - 1 per 318 packs, so beat the odds here

That was a loaded case....at least as loaded as heritage gets i think.

i think retail is the way to go here for sure. and if i may comment on the cards.....I don't like them. yes, they got the design perfectly matching 1960, but the photography once again is piss-poor. Its not as bad as last year...where they seemed to do grainy blowups of most cards. Every single card has a washed-out dull color to them....like they were stone-washed in the 80s. Go back and look at 2005 heritage...those cards are perfect....great action shots, great head shots, and just top notch clear photography, with no photoshop tricks to make them pseudo-old.

By the way in 1960 they have both gray and white backs.

• Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I just picked up a Blaster case and a Box of Jumbo from Lockwood. I'll be late to the party, but I should be within trade range of a set.
    With the Microsoft cash back, I'm getting the cards for about .22 cents each. That's the best I could find, and it will save me from paying $21 a blaster form Wal*Mart and Target.
    I can't wait to rip.....
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭
    How many cards per pack in the blaster boxes?
  • Options
    I am so envious!!! My local shop is not getting his shipment until Monday.
  • Options
    You guys have suckered me in. Of course same thing happened with A&G.

Went to our one comic/card/comic shop today. I asked if he hd any '09 Heritage in yet. He told me they haven't been released yet. Go play with your fantasy cards nerd!!

Of course this was the same guy that told me two weeks ago that he just sold his last hobby box of CS1's. Awesome!
  • Options
    Damn, almost snagged a Pujols/Musial dual, but somebody was quicker on the draw at the $75 bin. If any one happens to pull one let me know.
  • Options

<< <i>I also did really well on the 1960 Topps Original as I got a Al Kaline which I am pleased with!
    Craig in Texas >>

I'd be interested in the Kaline if you don't keep it.
  • Options
    kuhlmannkuhlmann Posts: 3,326 ✭✭
    anyone seen retail yet?

card on ebay not mine. but i think its the first dual relic.

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Saw retail at my local Target today, single retail packs, not blasters. I used great self restraiant. My local card dealer doesnt have his case yet and is TICKED! I hope to have two boxes in my possession on Monday. To hold me over I got a box of 2008 UD sweet spot no big pulls. Sweet spot was Thome numbered to 50.
  • Options

<< <i>Damn, almost snagged a Pujols/Musial dual, but somebody was quicker on the draw at the $75 bin. If any one happens to pull one let me know. >>

A steal at that price.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Cory- What part of the country did you see retail at Target.? Also is $70 (plus ten for shipping) a fair price for retail jumbo box?
  • Options

<< <i>How many cards per pack in the blaster boxes? >>

Hey DigDug,

Go Wildcats! The blaster packs have the usual 8 cards per pack. The bonus with blaster boxes is you basically are paying for 7 packs and get the 8th pack free. You can buy a case of 16 blaster boxes or you can wait until they hit the local Targets and Walmarts. They are normally $19.99 at the retail stores.
  • Options
    Hey guys -- thought I would share some of my pulls. OK, one of them I did not pull out of a Heritage pack but I bet you can guess which one! image Two hall of famers in the buybacks but other than that the case I opened was average. The Zambrano is a black refractor. I'm not finished sorting but I can already tell I will need several more SPs to get this sucker completed. Anyway, here are my pics -- sorry if they are kind of big but I don't post pictures that often and don't quite have the hang of it. Besides, everything is bigger in Texas! image

These can be for trade but as most of you know already I am after vintage cards that I need to complete my sets. Cards must be crease free in EX or better condition. My want list is on my web site at www.mytoppscards.com

Thanks!!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How many cards per pack in the blaster boxes? >>

Hey DigDug,

Go Wildcats! The blaster packs have the usual 8 cards per pack. The bonus with blaster boxes is you basically are paying for 7 packs and get the 8th pack free. You can buy a case of 16 blaster boxes or you can wait until they hit the local Targets and Walmarts. They are normally $19.99 at the retail stores. >>

Thanks, getting ready to watch the game here in Chicago.
    trying to decide which route I'm going to go with heritage this year. blaster case from lockwood or jumbo boxes or hobby case. tough decision