Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Mike, I can only help with the 'younger' Dan Reeves....

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    I'm not sure mine will help either! LOL I need to find a full signature, but this was so unique I couldn't pass it up!

Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options
    Here is a better example

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Rocke I was totally kidding, but thank you for your kind words! I don't think I could ever dish out $5K for a signature, regardless of who it is. Congrats on the lot! With the addition of Lambeau, who do you still need? >>

Reese,
    I need pretty much " The Usual Suspects " ; Hugh Ray, Tim Mara, Charles Bidwill, Joe Carr, Walt Kiesling, Bill Hewitt, Len Ford and Fritz Pollard. I can't believe out of 253 in the Hall, that I am down to eight. This truly is " A labor of Love". I do want to upgrade my Turk Edwards though.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the help on the Reeves question. I purchased a large lot and I see it's the coach Dan Reeves that was in there. Here's an interesting item - having been reading about the pre-NFL Canton Massillon rivalry, I was especially interested in the Dorais autograph since he played for Massillon

• Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    well UK has blocked me from his cards.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Hello everyone,
    Two things, I just did a trade that had a total value from both sides of between $8,000 - $9,000 with my friend Rod. Details to follow later.
    Of MUCH more importance though, Reese, I was wondering, what was your thinking in switching from Peyton Manning to The Joker ?
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options

<< <i>Hello everyone,
    Two things, I just did a trade that had a total value from both sides of between $8,000 - $9,000 with my friend Rod. Details to follow later.
    Of MUCH more importance though, Reese, I was wondering, what was your thinking in switching from Peyton Manning to The Joker ?
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

I can't wait to see what you got! I changed my avatar because another user was using my Peyton Manning pic. I really liked the new Batman movie. If I remember on the 15th, I'll change it back to something Colts related.

Oh yeah, I got this for my future HOF auto set.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hello everyone,
    Rocke >>

I'd love to hear what you ended up with - it sounds like a blockbuster deal. You'll have to post scans.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options

<< <i>Could someone post comparative scans of the autographs of Dan Reeves the owner and Dan Reeves the coach - thanks >>

Hi,

Here is my Dan Reeves HOFer:

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Hello All,
    Wow, what a day. In order to further my ultimate goal, of having an autograph of every, ( or all except the virtually impossible Hugh " Shorty " Ray ) I have had to sell a couple of prized possesions, My Thurman Munson single signed baseball that I got in person 10 weeks before he died, and my Wilt Chamberlain authentic Los Angeles Lakers jersey that I got in person at the 1997 National in Cleveland. Today, I let go of another prized possesion. I gave up an unlined 3 x 5 index card blue ballpoint pen Rayfield Wright autograph (approx. $25.00 value ), an autographed Bob Hayes Football card ( approx. 80.00 value ), a Clyde " Bulldog " Turner autographed Goal Line Art " Proof " card ( approx. 100.00 value ), and my prized James Spence authenticated , Dan Fortmann autographed Goal Line Art Proof card # 1 / 50 , of Dan signed only the first 33 cards. But I OWNED ( past tense ) what in all probability was the FIRST Goal Line Art card of the 33 that he signed before he died. Approx. value ( I don't know, but I know it's a LOT ) I know that Rich Albersheim had one a couple of years ago on his website that he sold for $3,500.00 a couple of years ago. I know that there are 33 of them, and that there are 72 Alex Wojochowicz signed GLA cards, ( more than twice the amount of Dan Fortmann's) and the last two that were on Ebay sold for the BIN price of $1,800.00 each.
    So what did I get........drum roll please.......... a PSA/DNA authenticated / encapsulated Bill Hewitt autograph. Very similar to the one that Reese bought from him a few months ago. Out of respect to Rod, ( he does read this thread, although I have not , as of yet, been able to get him to contribute / show pictures of his amazing collection ) I will not post the amount, suffice to say that he is paying a SIGNIFICANT portion of my bill to Huggins & Scott for the auction lot I just won that contained 23 items, including a Jim Finks TLS, A Joe Guyon 3 x 5, a Link Lyman auto. and a cut " Curly " Lambeau. And the final item I got in the deal, is now the centerpiece of my collection, the player contract for the 1956 season signed by Bert Bell, Paul Brown, AND Leonard Guy Ford Jr.
    Rod actually had TWO Player contracts of Len Ford, he knew I desperately wanted one, and at HIS suggestion, worked it into the deal. I was just hoping to get the graded MINT 9 cut auto. that he had for sale on Ebay. But he WANTED me to have the contract, just as I was happy to have HIM have my Dan Fortmann GLA.
    I will post more about Football HoF week later , which follows IMMEDIATELY after The National, but I really hope that some of you fellow collectors can make it to NE Ohio for one , or the other, or better yet BOTH, this summer. I would love to share my collection with you, and Rod said he will show his as well.
    Also, if anyone is interested, to see the Thurman Munson baseball that I sold, go to Lelands auction website. Then click on the word "search" on the left side. Then, click on the down pointed arrow that displays all of their previous auctions. Click on the May 2007 CATALOG auction. Type the word MUNSON in the search box. It was item # 519. They even put my name in the write-up.
    Anyway, with this big trade today, I am now down to needing Ray, Bidwill, Mara, Carr, Pollard & Kiesling.What a day !!!!!!!
    Rocke
  • Options
    Wanted to clarify one point,
    The last two Alex Wojochowicz signed GLA cards sold for $1,800.00 each. I have not seen any of the Fortmann GLA on Ebay. Also, only 32 of the Fortmann's are actually available. The Hall of Fame kept one for themselves.
    Rocke
  • Options
    BellagioPokerKing

Wow - great stuff.
    Mmmm and I an looking for a real John Madden on card auto. image

Todd
  • Options
    Congrats Rocke! Those are some huge additions you've made the past few weeks! image

Todd, Doesn't Madden sign through the mail? I know I have one slabbed by PSA/DNA. Is it no good?

I wanted to thank Jim for pointing this out to me. Did anyone here win this Joe Carr auto?

Joe Carr Auto
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese,
    I have had Madden TTM rejected due to secretarial.
    Todd
  • Options
    Interesting, I wonder if mine is bad as well?

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Thats how mine looked. I believe Greg had one rejected as well.
  • Options

<< <i>Thats how mine looked. I believe Greg had one rejected as well. >>

I did have a Madden rejected. Based on what I've seen, I think the Madden auto's being rejected are the ones w/ a large bottom loop in the "J". I can post scans later of my slabbed Madden and the rejected one.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Interesting, I wonder if mine is bad as well?

image >>

Reese,

I think yours is good. The "J" in the rejected ones looks much more feminine...

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Wanted to clarify one point,
    The last two Alex Wojochowicz signed GLA cards sold for $1,800.00 each. I have not seen any of the Fortmann GLA on Ebay. Also, only 32 of the Fortmann's are actually available. The Hall of Fame kept one for themselves.
    Rocke >>

Congrats Rocke! Based on my conversation last year w/ Phil Marks, the GLA Fortmann is the rarest of all GLA's. If memory serves, he said there were only 3 to 5 authenticated Fortmann's in existence. He quoted a price of c. $2500 for one....

Great pickups - with only a handful of autographs left, it's unbelievable that you knocked out several in one fell swoop.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Ok guys - I really need everyone's input! I've updated the future HOF set for the players now in the HOF plus the new additions to the modern and senior future HOF card sets. Please let me know if you think anyone else (coaches, owners and contributors) who should be included! I can't think of anyone else at this point. There are several on the bubble such as Bud Adams (Titans owner) but no one that I would add.

Rgs, Greg M.

Name Action
    BOB KUECHENBERG
    KEN STABLER
    RAY GUY
    RANDY GRADISHAR
    LESTER HAYES
    GARY ANDERSON
    MORTEN ANDERSEN
    RUSS GRIMM
    RICHARD DENT
    JERRY RICE
    ANDRE REED
    BRUCE SMITH Remove
    RANDALL MCDANIEL Remove
    CRIS CARTER
    ROD WOODSON Remove
    TIM BROWN
    DEION SANDERS
    DERRICK THOMAS Remove
    STEVE ATW*TER
    DERMONTTI DAWSON
    LEROY BUTLER
    SHANNON SHARPE
    JUNIOR SEAU
    EMMITT SMITH
    JOHN RANDLE
    AENEAS WILLIAMS
    BRETT FAVRE
    JIMMY SMITH
    WILLIE ROAF
    JEROME BETTIS
    JASON ELAM
    WILL SHIELDS
    JOHN LYNCH
    MICHAEL STRAHAN
    ISAAC BRUCE
    LARRY ALLEN
    MARSHALL FAULK
    RUBEN BROWN
    WARREN SAPP
    CURTIS MARTIN
    DERRICK BROOKS
    TERRELL DAVIS
    RAY LEWIS
    JONATHAN OGDEN
    TERRELL OWENS
    MARVIN HARRISON
    ZACH THOMAS
    ADAM VINATIERI
    ORLANDO PACE
    WALTER JONES
    TONY GONZALEZ
    RANDY MOSS
    PEYTON MANNING
    TORRY HOLT
    CHAMP BAILEY
    TOM BRADY
    BRIAN URLACHER
    LADAINIAN TOMLINSON
    ALAN FANECA
    CHARLIE CONERLY
    MAC SPEEDIE
    DICK STANFEL
    BILLY WILSON
    JACK BUTLER
    GENE LIPSCOMB
    ALEX KARRAS
    JERRY KRAMER
    JOHNNY ROBINSON
    JIM MARSHALL
    ED BUDDE
    JIM TYRER
    JOHN HADL
    DICK LEBEAU
    MICK TINGELHOFF
    PAT FISCHER
    BOB HAYES Remove
    CHUCK HOWLEY
    OTIS TAYLOR
    TOMMY NOBIS
    LEE ROY JORDAN
    DAVE ROBINSON
    CHRIS HANBURGER
    ANDY RUSSELL
    FLOYD LITTLE
    DICK ANDERSON
    RICH JACKSON
    CLAUDE HUMPHREY
    LEMAR PARRISH
    L.C. GREENWOOD
    CLIFF HARRIS
    BILL PARCELLS
    MARTY SHOTTENHEIMER
    BILL COWHER
    BILL BELICHICK
    CLARK SHAUNESSEY
    DON CORYALL
    JIMMY JOHNSON
    DAN REEVES
    MIKE SHANNAHAN
    MIKE HOLMGREN
    PAUL TAGLIABUE
    STEVE SABOL
    ED SABOL
    ART MODELL
    RALPH WILSON JR. Remove
    GEORGE YOUNG
    BOB HARLAN
    RON WOLF
    BOB KRAFT
    AL "OX" WISTERT Add
    JOHN BRODIE Add
    DREW PEARSON Add
    CHARLES HALEY Add
    CHRIS DOLEMAN Add
    CORTEZ KENNEDY Add
    KEVIS MAWAE Add
    BRIAN DAWKINS Add
    JASON TAYLOR Add
    STEVE HUTCHINSON Add
    ED REED Add
    KURT WARNER Add

References:
  • Options
    I honestly have no idea how many of the Fortmann's have been authenticated. I just know what Judy Kuntz told me from the Hall's perspective. They had mailed the 50 "PROOF" cards to Dan, who was already pretty advanced with Alzheimer's, and that his wife, when Dan was having a "good" day was able to sign a few at a time. He only got through 33, and was never able to finish the other 17, let alone the 100 Gold cards that would have been next for him to sign. Judy was questioned about whether Dan had in fact signed them or if his wife had , in fact been the signer. Judy called Mrs. Fortmann and asked her about it. Mrs. Fortmann swore to her that Dan DID sign them, but that 33 was all she could get him to do. So whether they have been authenticated or not, I am sure that they all are authentic. They may just have never been turned in to either JSA or PSA/DNA. The amazing thing was, when you bought a Goal Line Art "GOLD " set, you got your choice of ONE EXTRA card. You had your choice of either a Dan Fortmann " PROOF " card, OR a Joe Namath " PROOF " card. I was the 16th person to buy a set , BUT everyone that had bought one before me, had taken a Namath " PROOF ". !!!!! I couldn't believe it when she told me that, and that I was able to take card # 1 / 50. What , in all probability, was the 1st of the 33 he signed.
    Yes, it is amazing the way this worked out. Rod has sold TWO Bill Hewitt autograph's on Ebay in the last year PLUS the one I got from him. And I know he still has at least one more for himself. Plus the fact that he had TWO different Len Ford contracts. He really does have / find some unbelievable stuff, but unlike CJ (UKREDSKINS) everything Rod has is authentic.
    Rocke
  • Options

<< <i>Ok guys - I really need everyone's input! I've updated the future HOF set for the players now in the HOF plus the new additions to the modern and senior future HOF card sets. Please let me know if you think anyone else (coaches, owners and contributors) who should be included! I can't think of anyone else at this point. There are several on the bubble such as Bud Adams (Titans owner) but no one that I would add.

Rgs, Greg M.

Name Action
    BOB KUECHENBERG
    KEN STABLER
    RAY GUY
    RANDY GRADISHAR
    LESTER HAYES
    GARY ANDERSON
    MORTEN ANDERSEN
    RUSS GRIMM
    RICHARD DENT
    JERRY RICE
    ANDRE REED
    BRUCE SMITH Remove
    RANDALL MCDANIEL Remove
    CRIS CARTER
    ROD WOODSON Remove
    TIM BROWN
    DEION SANDERS
    DERRICK THOMAS Remove
    STEVE ATW*TER
    DERMONTTI DAWSON
    LEROY BUTLER
    SHANNON SHARPE
    JUNIOR SEAU
    EMMITT SMITH
    JOHN RANDLE
    AENEAS WILLIAMS
    BRETT FAVRE
    JIMMY SMITH
    WILLIE ROAF
    JEROME BETTIS
    JASON ELAM
    WILL SHIELDS
    JOHN LYNCH
    MICHAEL STRAHAN
    ISAAC BRUCE
    LARRY ALLEN
    MARSHALL FAULK
    RUBEN BROWN
    WARREN SAPP
    CURTIS MARTIN
    DERRICK BROOKS
    TERRELL DAVIS
    RAY LEWIS
    JONATHAN OGDEN
    TERRELL OWENS
    MARVIN HARRISON
    ZACH THOMAS
    ADAM VINATIERI
    ORLANDO PACE
    WALTER JONES
    TONY GONZALEZ
    RANDY MOSS
    PEYTON MANNING
    TORRY HOLT
    CHAMP BAILEY
    TOM BRADY
    BRIAN URLACHER
    LADAINIAN TOMLINSON
    ALAN FANECA
    CHARLIE CONERLY
    MAC SPEEDIE
    DICK STANFEL
    BILLY WILSON
    JACK BUTLER
    GENE LIPSCOMB
    ALEX KARRAS
    JERRY KRAMER
    JOHNNY ROBINSON
    JIM MARSHALL
    ED BUDDE
    JIM TYRER
    JOHN HADL
    DICK LEBEAU
    MICK TINGELHOFF
    PAT FISCHER
    BOB HAYES Remove
    CHUCK HOWLEY
    OTIS TAYLOR
    TOMMY NOBIS
    LEE ROY JORDAN
    DAVE ROBINSON
    CHRIS HANBURGER
    ANDY RUSSELL
    FLOYD LITTLE
    DICK ANDERSON
    RICH JACKSON
    CLAUDE HUMPHREY
    LEMAR PARRISH
    L.C. GREENWOOD
    CLIFF HARRIS
    BILL PARCELLS
    MARTY SHOTTENHEIMER
    BILL COWHER
    BILL BELICHICK
    CLARK SHAUNESSEY
    DON CORYALL
    JIMMY JOHNSON
    DAN REEVES
    MIKE SHANNAHAN
    MIKE HOLMGREN
    PAUL TAGLIABUE
    STEVE SABOL
    ED SABOL
    ART MODELL
    RALPH WILSON JR. Remove
    GEORGE YOUNG
    BOB HARLAN
    RON WOLF
    BOB KRAFT
    AL "OX" WISTERT Add
    JOHN BRODIE Add
    DREW PEARSON Add
    CHARLES HALEY Add
    CHRIS DOLEMAN Add
    CORTEZ KENNEDY Add
    KEVIS MAWAE Add
    BRIAN DAWKINS Add
    JASON TAYLOR Add
    STEVE HUTCHINSON Add
    ED REED Add
    KURT WARNER Add >>

Looks good to me! Is this the same list that was picked for the Future HOF RC set?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Reese,

Yep - it's a combination of the modern future HOF set, senior HOF set (both w/ the new additions for 2009) plus the list of coaches/owners/contributors that we voted on last year.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    looks fine.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    My PSA/DNA order just popped:

Order #20262585 / Submission #4647343
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 14153974 NEAR MINT 7 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 4 CLIFF BATTLES PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    2 1 14153975 NEAR MINT 7 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 2 GEORGE HALAS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    3 1 14153976 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1977 TOUCHDOWN CLUB 25 DON HUTSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    4 1 14153977 MINT 9 2001 FLEER 72 OLINDO MARE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    5 1 14153978 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1957 TOPPS 94 RAYMOND BERRY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    6 1 14153979 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1957 TOPPS 106 JACK CHRISTIANSEN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    7 1 14153980 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 MC 1957 TOPPS 151 PAUL HORNUNG PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    8 1 14153981 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1957 TOPPS 15 JACK BUTLER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    9 1 14153982 NEAR MINT 7 1993 HEISMAN COLLECTION III 24 PETER DAWKINS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    10 1 14153983 NEAR MINT 7 1993 PRO LINE PORTRAITS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED WILLIE ROAF Card US
    11 1 14153984 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1959 TOPPS 30 ALAN AMECHE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    12 1 14153985 NEAR MINT 7 1969 TOPPS 245 BOB BROWN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    13 1 14153986 MINT 9 1987 TOPPS 350 PACKERS TEAM LDRS. PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    14 1 14153987 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1989 PRO SET ANNOUNCER INSERTS 10 STEVE SABOL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    15 1 14153988 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1990 PRO SET 785 PAUL TAGLIABUE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Pack US
    16 1 14153989 NEAR MINT 7 1971 TOPPS 81 RICH JACKSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    17 1 14153990 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1970 TOPPS 156 CLAUDE HUMPHREY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    18 1 14153991 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1993 FLEER 198 RICHMOND WEBB PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    19 1 14153992 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS AL-108 L.C. GREENWOOD PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    20 1 14153993 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS AL-81 JOHN BRODIE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    21 1 14153994 GEM MINT 10 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS AL-112 JOHN HADL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    22 1 14153995 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS AL-117 CHUCK HOWLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    23 1 14153996 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1997 UPPER DECK LEGENDS AL-22 CHUCK BEDNARIK PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    24 1 14153997 NEAR MINT+ 7.5 1969 TOPPS 190 DAVE ROBINSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    25 1 14153998 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 COLLECTOR'S EDGE 73 GREEN BAY PACKERS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    26 1 14153999 NEAR MINT 7 1990 PRO SET 148 MARTY SCHOTTENHEIMER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    27 1 14154000 EXCELLENT+ 5.5 1976 TOPPS 192 PAT FISCHER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    28 1 14154001 NEAR MINT 7 1971 TOPPS 154 DICK LeBEAU PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    29 1 14154002 NEAR MINT 7 1969 TOPPS 123 ALEX KARRAS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    30 1 14154003 EXCELLENT 5 1950 BOWMAN 59 AL WISTERT PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    31 1 14154004 MINT 9 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED MICHAEL IRVIN Card US
    32 1 14154005 EXCELLENT 5 1993 HEISMAN COLLECTION III 28 TERRY BAKER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    33 1 14154006 MINT 9 1994 VIKINGS POLICE 10 BUD GRANT PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    34 1 14154007 NEAR MINT 7 1976 TOPPS 473 CARDINALS CHECKLIST PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    35 1 14154008 NEAR MINT 7 1989 PRO SET 194 MIKE SHANAHAN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    36 1 14154009 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1981 TOPPS 20 LESTER HAYES PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    37 1 14154010 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 SCORE 164 RANDALL McDANIEL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    38 1 14154011 NEAR MINT 7 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED DAN REEVES Card US
    39 1 14154012 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1995 PRO LINE AUTOGRAPHS MARSHALL FAULK PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    40 1 14154013 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
    41 1 14154014 N9: NOT GRADED / EXAMPLE NO GRADE, VOUCHER Card US
    42 1 14154015 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 COLLEGIATE COLLECTION NOTRE DAME 78 JOHN HUARTE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    43 1 14154016 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1989 PRO SET 344 DERMONTTI DAWSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Pack US
    44 1 14154017 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1992 PRO LINE PORTRAITS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED DEION SANDERS AUTO.-PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    45 1 14154018 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1991 PROLINE PORTRAITS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED BILL BELICHICK AUTO.-PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    46 1 14154019 MINT 9 1991 BOWMAN 175 LEROY BUTLER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    47 1 14154020 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1993 BOWMAN 126 JASON ELAM PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    48 1 14154021 NEAR MINT 7 1959 TOPPS 140 BOBBY MITCHELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    49 1 14154022 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1948 LEAF 36 BILL DUDLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    50 1 14154023 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1970 TOPPS 24 LARRY BROWN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    51 1 14154024 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 PHILADELPHIA 3 JOHN MACKEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    52 1 14154025 NEAR MINT 7 1985 TOPPS 358 LOUIS LIPPS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    53 1 14154026 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1991 STADIUM CLUB 399 MARK McGWIRE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    54 1 14154027 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2004 TOPPS ARCHIVES ALL-TIME FAN FAVORITES 51 RUDY GIULIANI PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    Total Items: 54
    Date Received: 1/7/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK

Lines 48 through 54 are Jeff's. Overall, not too bad. The 2 that weren't graded are both Ed Sabol. I have a call into PSA to provide an explanation. From what I understand, N9/Example means that PSA/DNA doesn't have an exemplar on file.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    Like Greg said, these were mine. Really, really pleased overall. The Mackey, Lipps, and maybe the Giuliani are for sale.

And thanks alot Greg, I really appreciate it.

48 1 14154021 NEAR MINT 7 1959 TOPPS 140 BOBBY MITCHELL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US was a 7 I cracked and got signed IP.
    49 1 14154022 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1948 LEAF 36 BILL DUDLEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US was a 4 I cracked and got signed. Was concerned about this one since its a rather shaky TTM sig.
    50 1 14154023 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1970 TOPPS 24 LARRY BROWN PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US was a 7 I cracked and got signed IP image
    51 1 14154024 EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1964 PHILADELPHIA 3 JOHN MACKEY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US was a 7 I cracked and got signed IP, disappointed with the drop, but, whatever.
    52 1 14154025 NEAR MINT 7 1985 TOPPS 358 LOUIS LIPPS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US TTM
    53 1 14154026 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1991 STADIUM CLUB 399 MARK McGWIRE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US bought this back in probably 1992 or 1993
    54 1 14154027 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2004 TOPPS ARCHIVES ALL-TIME FAN FAVORITES 51 RUDY GIULIANI PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US ttm, sent in 2004, came back in September 2008

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Just wondering if anyone has seen the Classic cut Earle " Greasy " Neale card # 4 / 9 that has appeared on Ebay. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the First "E" has been cut off, about 1/2 of the " L " in Neale and the WHOLE " E " on Neale has been hacked off. Am I the only one that could PU*KE when I see a card company take a , what looked to be a VERY nice autograph and absolutely RUIN it. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! Rocke
  • Options

<< <i>Just wondering if anyone has seen the Classic cut Earle " Greasy " Neale card # 4 / 9 that has appeared on Ebay. About 1/3 to 1/2 of the First "E" has been cut off, about 1/2 of the " L " in Neale and the WHOLE " E " on Neale has been hacked off. Am I the only one that could PU*KE when I see a card company take a , what looked to be a VERY nice autograph and absolutely RUIN it. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! Rocke >>

Rocke,

I'm with you. It infuriates me to see the butcher jobs churned out by the card companies. What perplexes me are the idiots who drop huge money for the monstrosities.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    There is also an amazing Greasy Neale index card ending in a few days. I wonder what the price difference between the index card and the "cut" will be?

and just for fun, here is the Neale I had Knuckles make for me. It originally signed on a strange shaped scrap piece of paper and it looks sooooo much better as a card.

and here is one that I later picked up so to eventually add to my registry set.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    How about Everson Walls,Dave Duerson,OJ Anderson and Brad Van Pelt. Van Pelt was as good as Hanburger.
  • Options
    JMDVMJMDVM Posts: 950 ✭✭✭
    Would you expect any less from an industry that cuts up vintage uniforms? In regards to your trades---WOW! I need a score card to keep track.....I know how much that Fortmann proof card meant to you and I hope the new owner realizes that. I don't think you can go wrong with a contract signed by 3 HOFers(Bell,Ford,Brown). Nice!
  • Options

<< <i>Would you expect any less from an industry that cuts up vintage uniforms? In regards to your trades---WOW! I need a score card to keep track.....I know how much that Fortmann proof card meant to you and I hope the new owner realizes that. I don't think you can go wrong with a contract signed by 3 HOFers(Bell,Ford,Brown). Nice! >>

Hey Joe,
    You are 100% right there. Since the day that I put my down payment on that Goal Line Art set at The Hall of Fame, and was told that I could have Dan Fortmann Proof card #1 / 50 I have considered that to be the cornerstone of my collection. But when Rod and I started talking about making a trade, and he told me what he would be willing to trade to get it, I felt like it was a trade that I had to make. As I told him, I honestly felt very privileged to be the owner of the 1st GLA card that one particular Hall of Famer would have signed. BUT, I have to look at the BIG PICTURE. And for me, the BIG PICTURE is trying to get at least one autograph of every Football Hall of Famer. And basically , I traded the Fortmann for a decent Lambeau, a NEAR PERFECT Bill Hewitt , and a player contract from what is , approximately the 11th toughest autograph to get on ANY medium, let alone the fact that it is one of only 11 contracts that he would have signed, ( assuming that they were all one year deals ). PLUS the fact that it isn't the typical " Len Ford " or "Lennie Ford" but, he signed his FULL name, " Leonard Guy Ford Jr." It is AWESOME !!!!
    The thing is, I have two or three other Fortmann autographs, and I do know someone that has a couple of Fortmann signed GLA Proof cards , and I hope that someday I can get one of them from him for a somewhat reasonable price. If not..... Well , as they say, " It was good while it lasted"
    Rocke
  • Options
    I have 2 extra signed 1960 Fleer Frank Tripucka's if anyone wants one (for free).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Ok guys - I really need everyone's input! I've updated the future HOF set for the players now in the HOF plus the new additions to the modern and senior future HOF card sets. Please let me know if you think anyone else (coaches, owners and contributors) who should be included! I can't think of anyone else at this point. There are several on the bubble such as Bud Adams (Titans owner) but no one that I would add.

Rgs, Greg M.

Name Action
    BOB KUECHENBERG
    KEN STABLER
    RAY GUY
    RANDY GRADISHAR
    LESTER HAYES
    GARY ANDERSON
    MORTEN ANDERSEN
    RUSS GRIMM
    RICHARD DENT
    JERRY RICE
    ANDRE REED
    BRUCE SMITH Remove
    RANDALL MCDANIEL Remove
    CRIS CARTER
    ROD WOODSON Remove
    TIM BROWN
    DEION SANDERS
    DERRICK THOMAS Remove
    STEVE ATW*TER
    DERMONTTI DAWSON
    LEROY BUTLER
    SHANNON SHARPE
    JUNIOR SEAU
    EMMITT SMITH
    JOHN RANDLE
    AENEAS WILLIAMS
    BRETT FAVRE
    JIMMY SMITH
    WILLIE ROAF
    JEROME BETTIS
    JASON ELAM
    WILL SHIELDS
    JOHN LYNCH
    MICHAEL STRAHAN
    ISAAC BRUCE
    LARRY ALLEN
    MARSHALL FAULK
    RUBEN BROWN
    WARREN SAPP
    CURTIS MARTIN
    DERRICK BROOKS
    TERRELL DAVIS
    RAY LEWIS
    JONATHAN OGDEN
    TERRELL OWENS
    MARVIN HARRISON
    ZACH THOMAS
    ADAM VINATIERI
    ORLANDO PACE
    WALTER JONES
    TONY GONZALEZ
    RANDY MOSS
    PEYTON MANNING
    TORRY HOLT
    CHAMP BAILEY
    TOM BRADY
    BRIAN URLACHER
    LADAINIAN TOMLINSON
    ALAN FANECA
    CHARLIE CONERLY
    MAC SPEEDIE
    DICK STANFEL
    BILLY WILSON
    JACK BUTLER
    GENE LIPSCOMB
    ALEX KARRAS
    JERRY KRAMER
    JOHNNY ROBINSON
    JIM MARSHALL
    ED BUDDE
    JIM TYRER
    JOHN HADL
    DICK LEBEAU
    MICK TINGELHOFF
    PAT FISCHER
    BOB HAYES Remove
    CHUCK HOWLEY
    OTIS TAYLOR
    TOMMY NOBIS
    LEE ROY JORDAN
    DAVE ROBINSON
    CHRIS HANBURGER
    ANDY RUSSELL
    FLOYD LITTLE
    DICK ANDERSON
    RICH JACKSON
    CLAUDE HUMPHREY
    LEMAR PARRISH
    L.C. GREENWOOD
    CLIFF HARRIS
    BILL PARCELLS
    MARTY SHOTTENHEIMER
    BILL COWHER
    BILL BELICHICK
    CLARK SHAUNESSEY
    DON CORYALL
    JIMMY JOHNSON
    DAN REEVES
    MIKE SHANNAHAN
    MIKE HOLMGREN
    PAUL TAGLIABUE
    STEVE SABOL
    ED SABOL
    ART MODELL
    RALPH WILSON JR. Remove
    GEORGE YOUNG
    BOB HARLAN
    RON WOLF
    BOB KRAFT
    AL "OX" WISTERT Add
    JOHN BRODIE Add
    DREW PEARSON Add
    CHARLES HALEY Add
    CHRIS DOLEMAN Add
    CORTEZ KENNEDY Add
    KEVIS MAWAE Add
    BRIAN DAWKINS Add
    JASON TAYLOR Add
    STEVE HUTCHINSON Add
    ED REED Add
    KURT WARNER Add >>

Hello All,
    I have a program from the Pro Football Hall of Fame Game that was played on August 11th, 1962 between The New York Giants and St. Louis Cardinals. As I know, that you all know, the Hall opened in 1963 and that was when they had the Charter class of 17. BUT, Canton had a Hall of Fame Game in Fawcett Stadium next door, while The Hall was under constuction. The 1962 Program is fairly rare. I have never seen one on Ebay. The cover is Red, White, and Black and has a photo of Jim Thorpe on the front cover. Inside, among other things, there is a section where 5 different Football writers, one each, from Milwaukee, St. Louis, Baltimore, Washington and Chicago write articles about the history ( remember, this is only 42 years after the 1st meeting in Canton when Pro Football was organized ) of Pro Football , and the men who formed and starred in the first 4 decades. The charter class was elected almost 1 YEAR AFTER this game. Most all of the people that these 5 writers put in their articles, have ,in fact, since been elected. But I do want to list the names that they wrote about, that these 5 writers, that covered Football in the '20's , 30's , '40's , and '50's felt that should be in The Hall. They are , in no particular order,
    Hunk Anderson
    Henry Miller
    Vern Dilweg
    Luke Johnsos
    George Christensen
    Potsy Clark
    Father Lumpkin
    Beattie Feathers
    Byron " Whizzer " White
    Verne Lewellen
    Cecil Isbell
    Charley Justice
    John ( Shipwreck ) Kelly
    Harry McNamara
    I am also putting together a list of some Non-Hall of Famers that I have picked up some autographs of that may, or may not get elected. My list is in addition to the one that Greg posted.
    Rocke
  • Options
    I can't wait to see your list Rocke.

• Options
    any chance you could scan that program and offer it as a pdf to some of us??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>I can't wait to see your list Rocke. >>

Hey Jim,
    Trust me, I'm sure that my possible future Hall of Fame autograph collection is one of, if not THE WEAKEST collection of ANY of the regular posters to this thread. I have been spending just about all of my available $$$ on guys that are ALREADY in the Hall. But, you asked, so here is a list of the auto's that I already have of possible future HoFers:
    NAME SIGNED ON:
    Charley Conerly unlined 3 x 5
    Byron "Whizzer" White unlined 3 x 5 also a Supreme Court Justice Business card
    Beattie Feathers unlined 3 x 5
    Jack Kent Cooke cancelled personal check
    George Young unlined 3 x 5
    Marshall Goldberg unlined 3 x 5 ( have 2 of them )
    Art Modell Backside of Baltimore Ravens Business card , Plus multi signed Browns items
    Al Wistert TK Legacy card
    Kyle Rote unlined 3 x 5
    Paul Tagliabue unlined 3 x 5 White 8-1/2 x 11 paper that Dan Rooney also signed
    Buddy Young unlined 3 x 5
    Dick Schafrath unlined 3 x 5 Plus a few multi signed Browns items
    Buford " Baby " Ray unlined 3 x 5
    Joe Fortunato unlined 3 x 5
    Ken Kavanaugh unlined 3 x 5
    Gary Collins unlined 3 x 5 Plus a few multi signed Browns items
    Boyd Dowler unlined 3 x 5 ( have 2 of them )
    Jim Bakken unlined 3 x 5 color 8 x 10 with Roger Wehrli, signed by both
    Told you it was pretty weak.
    Rocke

• Options
    Rocke,

I'd hardly call your collection of auto'd non-HOFers weak by any stretch. There aren't many on that list who are alive. I've been trying to get Art Modell to sign for a while to no avail. How did you get your items signed by him?

How about Duke Slater? I'm head that he's one of the top 3 best players from the 20's/early 30's no elected. Have you ever seen anything of his signed?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Hello'
    I also have an unlined 3 x 5 card of Mick Tinglehoff, Don't know if it's true, but I have heard his brain has turned to mush. As far as Modell, back in 1994, The Ritz Carlton and the Cleveland Browns put on one luncheon in Sept. ,Oct., Nov., and Dec. One of them was a 30 year reunion of the 1964 NFL Champion Browns, One was a 40 year reunion of the 1954 NFL Champion Browns, One was to honor Leroy kelly going in the Hall. They had Kelly, Bobby Mitchell, Jim Brown, and Marion Motley there. The other one was for the 1980 Kardiac kids. I went to the 1954 and 1964 Reunion luncheons. Modell was at both of them. I had him sign about 6-8 items that I have that are all signed by EVERY person that is in the Hall that EVER played for the Browns EXCEPT Len Ford and Henry Jordan. So in addition to the regular Browns Hall of Famers, these items are also signed by, Len Dawson, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Tommy McDonald, Joe Delamielleure , Doug Atkins and Willie Davis. When I met him , I figured he had a very good chance to get in. Then, a year later, the move to Baltimore, now I don't know. I will say this, I 100% believe that he will NEVER be elected while he is alive. It would be a fiasco here in Canton for HoF if he was alive and went to the different HoF events/functions that go one during the week. He will be reviled in NE Ohio for at LEAST the next CENTURY !!!!!!!!
    As far as Slater, I have never personally seen one. I had breakfast with Rod this morning and asked him about Slater. He said he has one. He has a program from a dinner that Slater was one of the guests of Honor at, along with a couple of other guys. I have literally sent Emails to about 250 people around the country during the last 2 years or so, since I REALLY started to buy auto's for my set, both present and possible future HoF, asking people if they had any I needed, or if they knew anyone that had any I needed. About a year ago, I got a response from some guy that said he still technically has one, but that another guy had been making PAYMENTS on it. The selling price?........ $4,000.00 I couldn't believe it. For a guy thats not even in the Hall, and who most, if not all of the HoF selectors have probably never even heard of. My guess, IF Slater ever DOES get elected, He would replace Bidwill as the 2nd toughest HoF autograph to get. I have to admit, I hope he doesn't get in. I want to end up with all but Hugh. If I can do that, I'll be happy. I don't want to end up with all, except Hugh AND Duke.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Rocke,

Those are nice autographs to have even if they do not make the HOF. I was 'somehow' lucky enough to get Modell a few years ago. The best part was I didn't even know it was him when I got it. It took me a few weeks to figure it out. I wasn't familiar with his signature, go figure.

As for Duke Slater, I know Mike has one and I think he posted it a few pages back... He is certainly very rare. He will command big $ if elected.

Here are 6 that I think should be in the HOF. Not only because I have their autograph, but because they are worthy.

1. Tony Latone
    2. Mac Speedie
    3. George B. Young
    4. Al Wistert
    5. Marshall Goldberg
    6. Jack Kent Cooke

• Options

<< <i>Rocke,

Those are nice autographs to have even if they do not make the HOF. I was 'somehow' lucky enough to get Modell a few years ago. The best part was I didn't even know it was him when I got it. It took me a few weeks to figure it out. I wasn't familiar with his signature, go figure.

As for Duke Slater, I know Mike has one and I think he posted it a few pages back... He is certainly very rare. He will command big $ if elected.

Here are 6 that I think should be in the HOF. Not only because I have their autograph, but because they are worthy.

1. Tony Latone
    2. Mac Speedie
    3. George B. Young
    4. Al Wistert
    5. Marshall Goldberg
    6. Jack Kent Cooke >>

Hello Jim,
    I wouldn't mind at all if your 6 got in, especially since I already have 4 of the six auto's. I would Love to have a nice Mac Speedie, but so far haven't been able to find one. If anyone out there has one they wouldn't mind selling, let me know !! I have to admit though, I have never heard of Tony Latone. What can you tell me about him? If you say he should be in, that's good enough for me. I WILL start looking to find an autograph of his.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Here is some information about Tony Latone. One of his 'highlights' is that during the six seasons he played in the NFL, Latone out-rushed (2,648-2,616 yards) and outscored (26-21 touchdowns) football Hall of Fame's Red Grange, despite playing 30 fewer games. (wik)

Here is an article about him. He has a great story.

Tony Latone Article

If, after you search about him, you think he is worthy, you can sign a petition put together for his induction into the HOF.

Sign the Tony Latone Petition

• Options
    I can't do a .pdf file but I scanned the cover and one article from the 1962 HOF game mentioned below and you can see it or save it from these links

Cover 1962 HOF

Article

Article continued

• Options
    Ok guys - opinions wanted please. I have a seller who has a 1955 Bowman Len Ford that I have the option of buying. I'm pulling out my exemplars and will decide. Let me know what you think:

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Here are my two exemplars:

I think the auto is good. The tail on the L on the 1955 Bowman drifts further down than the exemplars, however the letter formation and lead into the "e" and "n" are spot on (the tail on the "n" is a little dramatic"). The cross on the "f" is connected to the "d" on the first exemplar but a detached line on the 1955 Bowman. My other observation is that the "o" appears closer to an "a" in the exemplar but is definately an "o" on the 1955 Bowman.

Thoughts?

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Hey Greg,
    If I was a betting man, ( and I am ), I would have NO second thoughts on buying that card. Even though I just got my Len Ford autograph a week ago, I have seen about 2 - 3 dozen Ford auto's and I think that one IS legit. Is that 1950 Browns photo yours? That is AWESOME !!!! I have had season tickets to the Browns since 1989. My basement rec-room is a shrine to Cleveland Browns in The Hall of Fame and The Hall of Fame in General. I am 100% POSITIVE that I could find a place to hang THAT photo on MY wall.
    Rocke
  • Options

<< <i>I can't do a .pdf file but I scanned the cover and one article from the 1962 HOF game mentioned below and you can see it or save it from these links

Cover 1962 HOF

Article

Article continued >>

Mike,
    I can't Thank you enough for posting that picture of the ' 62 program and the article of 3 of the 5 sportswriters that wrote about possible future Hall of Famers. I LOVE collecting autographs, and I Love reading and posting to this thread. BUT, I hate being such an idiot when it comes to my computer, and NOT knowing how to post pictures of my autographs, or other items such as the ' 62 program, or the photo that Jim posted for me of the Charter 1963 class of living Hall of Famers. I REALLY need someone to either A - come to Canton this year for Hall of Fame festivities, or B - come to Cleveland this year for The National and in either case, I'll buy dinner for whoever teaches me HOW to get pictures on to this website !!!!!!!!
    Rocke
  • Options
    Rocke,

Thanks for your feedback (Reese too...who PM'd me).

I figured that you'd be drooling over the photo...lol. It's not mine...another board member (I can't remember who now...) sent me that phot as an exemplar for Ford's auto. I kept a scan for reference purposes only.

I've agreed to buy it from the seller. He has a nice stash of 54 and 55 Bowman cards that he got signed as a kid at Kezar Stadium in SF and has had them ever since. Unreal huh? I asked if he had a Len Ford and said that he did but wasn't selling it. I asked if a certain amount would change his mind. 10 minutes later he sent a scan...lol. I hope to finalize the deal tonight or tomorrow night.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Here are some of my pickups:

Items I got signed at the show:

Bought from Phil Marks:

Bought from Jack Wallin:

I also bought a stack of cards from Ron Gordon that I still have to pay for...lol... Included are a 1959 Ameche, 1957 Leon Hart, 1955 Berwanger, Blanchard & Bertelli, ect... Too bad that I couldn't hook up w/ anyone at the show. Enjoy!

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Hey Greg,
    Concerning The Immortal Roll cards, As I am sure you know, the cards that you posted are the 1975 set. You can tell the difference because they have the BROWN border. There is also a much harder to find 1974 set. They have a WHITE border. Do you have, or have you ever seen, a 1974 signed Emlen Tunnell ? If not, what approx. would one be worth on the open market, OR how much would you be willing to spend to get one. I am not sure if you are trying to put a set together. Are You ?
    Rocke