Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Post #2000! Who would have thought? I wonder where this ranks among the long time threads on the PSA boards? >>

It's not even the most replied to thread on this page... The Pro Football HOF RC thread has over 5000 replies!
  • Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭
    Scott,

I know, I know. But I'm still proud to have started it!

Everyone,

Below are several of my new additions. I bought the 55 Bowman from a long time collector and the Munoz and Bell were obtained TTM. Enjoy!

Greg M.

Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Scott,

Did you see my PM?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Did you see my PM? >>

Yes, dropped one out to him this morning.

Thank you for the heads up!!!

• Options
    bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Greg-

The earliest I have been able to trace a signed mini back to is early 1992 - Mel Hein. The didn't have logos on them in the early days - just blank shells. From I have been told, is that they used to be centerpieces at various NFL functions. The toughest that I can figure are: Mel Hein, Alex Wojciechowicz and Buck Buchanan (all died in 1992). After that, you have Ray Flaherty, Dan Fortmann and Jim Finks (all died 1994-1996). For the Heisman minis, the toughest two are Les Horvath and Vic Janowicz.

Bart
  • Options
    Hello All,
    There was a pretty good show in Cleveland this weekend. It is run by Paul Fusco. He puts on website auctions a couple of times a year. See www.fuscoauctions.com Anyway, I picked up three autographs from Phil Marks. A blue ballpoint pen on a 4 x 6 autograph book page from Jim Marshall of the Vikings, A GPC dated Nov. 4 th, 1942 Black fountain pen with a BEAUTIFUL sig. from Lou Rymkus. It also has a SUPER nice autograph of someone named Wally Zimba. He played from 1940-1942 for Notre Dame, and played in the 1943 College All-Star game. Also got a 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 photo signed in blue ballpoint by Bucko Kilroy. Got all three from Phil for $45.00 I was happy. Sunday night I finally picked up a Cecil Isbell on Ebay. Item # 350189911989. VERY Nice autograph, but the amazing part was the price. $26.98. Won it from Norm Cohen, Ebay name NCTACO. I have won a few things from him. He comes up with some nice autographs. Hope all is well with everybody.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Did anyone happen to see this on eBay - I haven't seen too many of his autographs come up for sale.

• Options
    Hello Eveyone,
    Yes Mike, I did see that Lipscomb. I wouldn't mind owning it, but, as someone said to me last week about buying autographs, " I have bigger fish to fry". That is probably the 2nd nicest Lipscomb I have ever seen. The only one nicer was an official contract that he signed that was on an American Memorabilia Auction about 6-8 months ago. That one was signed "Eugene Lipscomb" but it also sold for around 950.00 + buyers premium. Around the same time as the Lipscomb contract went for sale , I got to take Bobby Mitchell out to eat and then drive him up to Cleveland Hopkins Airport. I had about 3 hours alone with him ( and my 11 year old son Ben). I asked him for his opinion on whether or not he thought Lipscomb had a chance for election. He told me that he did NOT think that Eugene would ever be elected. He said that when he was at the top of his game, he WAS one of, if not , THE best Defensive lineman in the league. But he didn't think that he was GREAT enough for a LONG enough period of time.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I don't know if anyone else has seen this or not, but , I am guessing that this item is worth a LOT of $$$$. Check out Ebay # 150341342011. It is a 2008 National Treasures Heisman Cuts Autograph card # 1/1 It says that it is an autograph of 1969 Heisman Trophy winner Steve Owens. Now,........... My name is NOT Steve Grad or James Spence, but correct me if I am wrong , BUT , That is NOT an autograph of 1969 Heisman Trophy winner Steve Owens, but it is fact an autograph of 1966 Pro Football Hall of Fame inductee Steve OWEN. Any Thoughts from anyone ?
    Rocke
  • Options
    Belagio...

Agreed - the autograph is of NFL HOFer Steve Owen and not Heisman winner Steve Owens. Also, the pricing is definately for a Steve Owen and not a Steve Owens cut autograph card. The seller must be pricing his card based on UKRedskins ridiculous asking price of $5k for his 2002 SP Legendary Cuts Steve Owen listed in his store.

I'd pay $1k to $1200 for a nice Steve Owen autographed card (52 Bowman preferrably), however $3500 and $5000 respectively is insane.

Has anyone seen the 52 Bowman PSA/PDA certified Joe Stydahar signed card on E-Bay? The seller is asking ~$600 and I've been VERY tempted, however I'm still trying to digest my 6 month spending spree. I would imagine that Stydahar is tough on a 52 Bowman card...has anyone else seen one before?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Did anyone happen to see this on eBay - I haven't seen too many of his autographs come up for sale.

image >>

The picture didn't appear. Are you referring to the 61 Fleer Lipscomb that's currently on E-Bay?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Hello All,
    There was a pretty good show in Cleveland this weekend. It is run by Paul Fusco. He puts on website auctions a couple of times a year. See www.fuscoauctions.com Anyway, I picked up three autographs from Phil Marks. A blue ballpoint pen on a 4 x 6 autograph book page from Jim Marshall of the Vikings, A GPC dated Nov. 4 th, 1942 Black fountain pen with a BEAUTIFUL sig. from Lou Rymkus. It also has a SUPER nice autograph of someone named Wally Zimba. He played from 1940-1942 for Notre Dame, and played in the 1943 College All-Star game. Also got a 2-1/2 x 4-1/2 photo signed in blue ballpoint by Bucko Kilroy. Got all three from Phil for $45.00 I was happy. Sunday night I finally picked up a Cecil Isbell on Ebay. Item # 350189911989. VERY Nice autograph, but the amazing part was the price. $26.98. Won it from Norm Cohen, Ebay name NCTACO. I have won a few things from him. He comes up with some nice autographs. Hope all is well with everybody.
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

Congrats on the pickups. I'm SO jealous that you were able to visit Phil Marks booth. I haven't been to a show since I moved to Wichita last year and I miss seeing Phil twice a year at the Sun Time show. I've bought a lot from him over the years. Can you post a scan of the Rymkus autograph. I've been looking for a signed card of him for the past 2 years - with no luck to date (except UKRedskins had a 51 Bowman that I wouldn't tough w/ a 10 foot pole).

What was the Isbell signed on? I have a nice signed 77 Touchdown that I bought from Jack Wallin last year.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Greg-

The earliest I have been able to trace a signed mini back to is early 1992 - Mel Hein. The didn't have logos on them in the early days - just blank shells. From I have been told, is that they used to be centerpieces at various NFL functions. The toughest that I can figure are: Mel Hein, Alex Wojciechowicz and Buck Buchanan (all died in 1992). After that, you have Ray Flaherty, Dan Fortmann and Jim Finks (all died 1994-1996). For the Heisman minis, the toughest two are Les Horvath and Vic Janowicz.

Bart >>

Bart,

I would love to see your collection some day. What I love about collecting autographs is that each collector can customize his set based on personal preference. I collect cards, you collect mini's, other collectors collect GLA's, index cards, photo's, footballs, ect...

What signed mini's are currently your white whales?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    2 orders were logged in for me Thursday:

1st order:
    Len Ford signed 55 Bowman
    Johnny Unitas signed 57 Topps

2nd order (free voucher):
    Heisman Cuts Clint Frank
    Desmond Howard signed card

I'm most concerned about the Ford. I'm 95%+ sure that it's good, however I hope that PSA agrees and slabs it. I bought the Unitas from Jack Wallin, so I have no concerns as to its authenticity. Assuming the Ford is slabbed, I'm down to 16 signed HOF cards to complete the registry set. Out of the 16, I believe that only 3 are currently possible (Steve Owen, Turk Edwards and Jim Thorpe).

After adding the Frank and Desmond Howard, I will need only 5 signed Heisman cards to complete the registry set. The 5 Heisman winners that I still need are Tom Harmon, Davey O'Brien, Nile Kinnick (likely impossible on a card), Ernie Davis and Bruce Smith.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    I'm finding that when I post a picture it lasts about a day and then it appears the link is broken - so I go in and edit the post and insert the exact same url from the first try and the picture appears - as with the Lipscomb I picked up on eBay -

• Options
    Regarding the 08 Treasures Heisman Cuts Steve Owens Auto Cut #1/1!! Item number: 150341342011 - it does look more like Steve Owen HOF Coach than Steve Owens, Heisman trophy winner - here's one that is definitely Owens from a Heisman Trophy 50th Anniversary program.
    :
  • Options
    never tried this b-4 but have read allllll the threads, and love this forum, I collect football auto's have bought alot from Jack. have 2 cards made by Knucles, one I bought from Greg, the Trafton, and need 25 for all in the HOF most are Gold seal GLAC but I've put the set together 1 at a time buying alot from Tom Weakland & each new class from him every year. I need only 3 for what I'm after.. an Al Davis, Paul Brown & Howie Long, I have the last 2 on GLAC just not gold seals, I can only dream of ever owning a Wojo, or the Fortman, & I laugh at the guy selling Hickerson's slabbed with just " Gene"
    Cowboy
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Well it looks like someone bought that Steve Owen National Treasure card for $3500. Playoff should be ashamed of themselves for letting that autograph slip out like that!
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options

<< <i>Well it looks like someone bought that Steve Owen National Treasure card for $3500. Playoff should be ashamed of themselves for letting that autograph slip out like that! >>

That is one of the worst screw ups that I have ever seen. Unreal. The people making the cut cards must have no idea of football or autographs....

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    No joke! I'm curious would we be able to add that card to our registry set since it is the correct auto?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>No joke! I'm curious would we be able to add that card to our registry set since it is the correct auto? >>

I think they would. After all, someone on the registry has a Wellington Mara autograph on a Tim Mara card.

I did make an offer of $1k, however I never thought it would sell for $3500! Crazy!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Hello,
    This is strictly my OPINION, BUT, I say that National Treasures INTENTIONALLY made that mistake with the Owen card. There is NO WAY that they ACCIDENTALLY put an autograph that you can get all day long for 5.00 on a card and then # it 1 / 1. They might put out a 1 / 1 on Nile Kinnick , but NOT on a Steve Owens. Don't be surprised if you see write-ups of this card in TuffStuff or Beckett down the road.
    Rocke
  • Options
    I agree with Rocke about the mix up. They obviously knew it was a very valuable cut or it wouldn't have been set aside for a 1/1 card. I guess the person that bought it thinks it will have value as an error card. I'm a much bigger fan of the cards I've seen on the thread made by Knuckles. He really takes good care in showing off the autograph. The card companies just butcher them. Rocke, My deal for the Preston Marshall fell through so we are still looking for one. Also Zack is looking to sell some of his duplicates to pay for this summer's activities. He has the following for sale or trade; Dan Reeves, Arnie Herber, Guy Chamberlin, Paddy Driscoll, Greasy Neale(2). There are more, I just don't know off hand what he has. Zack needs Preston Marshall, Bidwell, Mara, and Hugh Ray. He is looking for an upgrade of his Henry Jordan as well. Rocke, any more thoughts of trying to get everyone together during National week. I wonder if you couldn't get one of the auction houses to sponsor something like that. It may bring a few more collector's out to show their collections. If anyone is interested in any of the autographs listed just e-mail me and I'll send you a scan.
  • Options
    Greg-

There are actually quite a few "no name" players on my list of wants, but nothing that I am losing any sleep over. My one "white whale" was actually one I just received back - signed - in the mail today and it wasn't even a football player.

I have been trying to get Ron Howard to sign a USC mini for several years now. Originally, I spent a considerable amount of time and finally got in touch with his agent (or someone) who told me that Ron declined the offer to sign the helmet and that I should send it to some other USC alum. Well, I finally found Mr. Howard's home address, quite by accident, and sent him a nice letter, along with the helmet. Anyway, in 3 weeks time, it came back signed - on both sides. Needless to say, I'm quite ecstatic about that today!!!

I should mention that I do collect non football players to have sign my college minis (someone that has some association with that particular institution). It can be a coach (even a football coach), athlete of some other sport, teach, etc... Among those I have are: Gerald Ford (Michigan), Jack Nicklaus (Ohio State), Bill Cosby (Temple), Jimmy Buffett (Southern Miss), Norman Schwarzkopf (Army), John McCain (Navy), Carl Lewis (Houston), Jerry Mathers "The Beaver" (Cal), David Letterman (Ball State), Regis Philbin (Notre Dame), Terru Bollea, aka Hulk Hogan (South Florida), Jeff Foxworthy (Georgia Tech), Billy Crystal (Marshall), Bette Midler (Hawaii), Mark Spitz (Indiana), John Wooden (Purdue & UCLA), Jennie Finch (Arizona), Walter Cronkite (Texas), Keith Jackson (Washington State), Nastia Lukin (SMU), Bob Mathias (Stanford), Sandra Day O'Connor (Stanford), Arnold Palmer (Wake Forest), Burt Reynolds (Florida State), and about 200 others.

Bart
  • Options
    Hello Bill,
    Had breakfast with Rod today. He told me that you are going to buy his extra George Preston Marshall autograph from him. Good move. It is VERY nice. He brought a bunch of his "For Sale" items to breakfast a couple of weeks ago. I saw the Marshall, knew that you needed one since your deal on the other one fell through, and I told him to get a hold of you. It's VERY high quality. Congratulations.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Hello Greg,
    Something else that came up in conversation today. Did you happen to buy your autographed "The Immortal Roll" Emlen Tunnell card from Ron Gordon at the 2008 Chicago National, or possibly the 2007 National in Cleveland?
    Rocke
  • Options
    psa-set-guy eBay store

Orange County Sports Inv.
    psasetguy@yahoo.com
    (714) 373-9800
  • Options

<< <i>Hello Greg,
    Something else that came up in conversation today. Did you happen to buy your autographed "The Immortal Roll" Emlen Tunnell card from Ron Gordon at the 2008 Chicago National, or possibly the 2007 National in Cleveland?
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

I actually don't own a signed 74 IR Tunnell (I think he is impossble on a 75 IR as he died right before or after the set was issued). The Tunnell auto in my collection is a 57 Topps. Jack Wallin had a 74 IR Tunnell that I consdered buying, however the auto was a bit too feathered for my liking...

Why do you ask?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg-

Check out this auction on e-bay: 37019721028 It has a signed Emlen Tunnell card in it.

Bart
  • Options
    Greg,
    I was actually supposed to ask you this a while ago and forgot. When I was talking with Rod, he was telling me about a guy that he talked to a little bit with at Ron Gordon's booth at one of the last 2 National's, ( but he can't remember which one !! ) and the guy was buying quite a few autographed cards from Gordon. One of the cards he bought was a signed Immortal Roll, Emlen Tunnell card. As I have said, Rod reads this thread, ( I am still working on him to post here ), and he was just wondering if he had met you. That's all.
    Rocke
  • Options
    I could cry tears of joy! The Len Ford I bought several months back was just slabbed!! Eureka!

Rgs,

Greg M.

Order #20297281 / Submission #4814159
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 14542495 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1955 BOWMAN 14 LEN FORD PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    2 1 14542496 EXCELLENT 5 1957 TOPPS 138 JOHN UNITAS PSA/DNA CERTIFIED Card US
    Total Items: 2
    Date Received: 4/22/2009
    Date Shipped: N/A
    Order Status: OK

References:
  • Options
    Nice! Congrats Greg! Post a scan when you get both of those back.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Great job Greg!
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Greg,

Congrats indeed.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Thanks guys - much appreciated. I still can't believe that I found this seller on E-Bay. He was selling a bunch of signed 54 and 55 Bowman cards and one of the players he had was Ray Krouse - who died back in the 60's (in fact, he was the 2nd or 3rd player from that set to die I believe). Anyways, I asked what else he had and how he obtained the autographs. He responded saying that he had 25 or 30 other cards and that he obtained them as a child at Kezar Stadium in SF. I was a little leery at first, but then I saw that several cards in his auctions were signed in pencil...which gave credence to his story. I asked if he had a Len Ford and he responded that he did and that he knew that it was valuable and wasn't interested in selling it. I asked if a certain $ figure would change his mind, and if it did, to send me a scan. 10 minutes later I had the scan in my inbox.

I feel SO fortunate to have found a signed 55 Bowman Len Ford. Now all I need is a signed 57 Len Ford for my 1957 Topps set..lol.

Below are scans of new additions to my signed HOF rc collection (except D Dawson who is a future HOFer). All were obtained TTM recently except for the J Parker and Nitschke that were recently purchased from Jack Wallin. Enjoy!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Greg,
    I was actually supposed to ask you this a while ago and forgot. When I was talking with Rod, he was telling me about a guy that he talked to a little bit with at Ron Gordon's booth at one of the last 2 National's, ( but he can't remember which one !! ) and the guy was buying quite a few autographed cards from Gordon. One of the cards he bought was a signed Immortal Roll, Emlen Tunnell card. As I have said, Rod reads this thread, ( I am still working on him to post here ), and he was just wondering if he had met you. That's all.
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

That's fine - I was just curious. As a matter of fact, I just met Ron Gordon for the first time at this past national. I had just bought a dozen or so cards from Phil Marks when I walked by the table directly across the aisle - and a binder full of signed Heisman cards caught my eye - in particular several signed 1955 Topps AA Jay Berwanger and Angelo Bertelli. I started talking with him and ended up spending an hour at his table. I ended up buying so many cards that I asked if he could hold them for me and that I'd send a check the following week. He graciously agreed and we completed the transaction several weeks later.

Ron is quite the storyteller and I loved hearing about how Johnny Unitas signed 100 items for him in a hotel room for $500 (god, I wish that I could have been cut into that deal) and how he was good friends with Sammy Baugh and Bulldog Turner. My favorite story was how Ron explained that Bulldog liked to bend his arm (i.e. drink beer) and how one night, Bulldog pulled out his phone book of ex-Bears players and called Bobby Layne's widow to reminesce (sp?).

Anyways, tell Rod that I don't think that I've met him yet but I hope to meet both of you one day.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Hi Rocke, I am indeed going to purchase the Marshall from Rod. Thanks for putting him in touch with me. Did I understand that you may be in Pittsburgh this weekend at the J Paul show? I'm pretty sure we are going as well. Zack needs to meet Yale Lary and get a photo snapped. Let me know if your going to be there. We're going to the Pirates game on Saturday night. You just can't beat $9.00 seats to a pro sports event plus I think they are giving away McClouth bobble heads. Let me know if you'll be in town and maybe we can get together. Talk to you soon.
  • Options
    Hello All,
    This won't be available to see for long so look quick. This Ebay auction ended on April 14th. I was the underbidder to a new poster on this site. Look closely at the OTHER autograph besides the Tuffy Leemans. How about that !!!!! Congrats Bart.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Oooopppps . Forgot to post the Ebay # 160326873756
    Rocke
  • Options
    Bill,
    I MIGHT be there on Sunday. I am pretty sure Rod is going over on Friday. I was hoping to have the day off of work, but that isn't happening. I will try to let you know ASAP. If Ben and I ARE there, I will find you.
    Rocke
  • Options

<< <i>Oooopppps . Forgot to post the Ebay # 160326873756
    Rocke >>

Sadly, the contast of the image is horrible and I cannot see or make out the other auto. Who is it...

• Options
    Al Blozis? Isn't the the ex NY Giants player who died while winning the MOH on Iwo Jima?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Correctamundo !!! That is a VERY rare autograph of Al Blozis. Drafted in 1942. 1st team ALL-PRO as a rookie, 1st team ALL-PRO in his second year in 1943. Played 3 games in his 3rd year while on temporary leave from the service. When he returned to duty he was killed in action. Voted ALL DECADE for the 1940's, even though he only played in 23 games in his entire career. Played offensive tackle. A can't miss Hall of Famer had he stayed healthy, ( and alive ). To read more, just google Al Blozis Wikipedia. A Great, but Tragic story. I really wanted that auto. , but if not me, I am glad that Bart got it.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Have there been any other recent Al Blozis signature sales? If not, can anyone estimate what it is worth?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    imageimageimage

I have been looking for a better example than the one I have and would have paid $250 for one - the one in the auction is about the same as I have. I keep looking for something team signed from those years. I bought a set of 1941 team signed pages that included Jack Lummus a while back - it was part of an auction lot of pages from an old autograph book and was being marketed primarily for the baseball autographs with a $500 starting bid - I offered $500 for the football autograph pages and the seller agreed. These were the autographs: Tony Blazine, Frank Cope, Ward Cuff, Kay Eakin, Monk Edwards, Len Eshmont, Nello Falaschi, Dick Horne, Jim Lee Howell, Tuffy Leemans, Jack Lummus, Kayo Lunday, Andy Marefos, Red McClain, Doug Oldershaw, Bill Owen, Steve Owen, Win Pederson, Jim Poole, Dom Principe, Leland Shaffer, Hank Soar, Orville Tuttle, Bill Walls, Ed Wisdeth, Leonard Younce, Gus Mauch, trainer
  • Options
    From the Giants program December 2, 1945
  • Options
    Great stuff as always Rev! Thanks!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    Hey Bill,
    Sorry, I guess we missed each other. I just got home, took My son Ben and My wife. Didn't get there until 1:45. Stayed until 4:00. I talked to Fred, the guy that was sitting with you for a while in Chantilly. Gave my Lambeau to Larry from Spence to get it slabbed. Fred told me that you had already left.
    Rocke
  • Options
    Went up and met with Rocke and Rod today. It was nice getting to meet both of them and I think we all "drooled" a bit over each others items. Seems that each of us had some real nice pieces - just depended what player/coach you were looking at. Afterwards, did a quick tour of the Hall of Fame. I had been there before, so I was able to speed thru it a bit - especailly since it was close to closing time.

Bart
  • Options

<< <i>Went up and met with Rocke and Rod today. It was nice getting to meet both of them and I think we all "drooled" a bit over each others items. Seems that each of us had some real nice pieces - just depended what player/coach you were looking at. Afterwards, did a quick tour of the Hall of Fame. I had been there before, so I was able to speed thru it a bit - especailly since it was close to closing time.

Bart >>

Bart,

I'm envious - I would love to see yours, Rod's and Rocke's collections...I'd have to wear a mouthgard to keep from drooling on your pieces...lol. Speaking of drooling, I FINALLY received my order back from PSA. Please behold what I think is the first autographed Len Ford card slabbed by PSA (in addition to my signed Unitas rc)....

Enjoy!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References: