Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>greg,

i have the feeling that they dont even consider this set for the Auto category. If you notice the last couple of winners have been for autos on any medium. Which means that they would be part of the PSA/DNA resgitry. So if all of your cards had blue certs then they might notice you. I doubt that they would ever consider the 97 Legends auto's, Laserview Inscriptions etc for the Auto Category.

so will you be at the 95% level for next year? is that even possible for this set??

i was hoping that my ticket set would have been in the running but my last sub popped a few days late. but I will be able to compete next year as I am over 95% already. also i was surprised to see a 55 All American set win ROY. i was under the impression that it was for a new set type not just newly listed set. maybe my interpretation was wrong.

jay >>

Jay,

I think you're correct - I bet the judges completely disregard any autograph set in red flips...which makes NO sense whatsoever. Frank's 1997 UD Legends set is approaching "HOF" status...yet I wonder if it would be noticed either.

I don't think 95% would be attainable by next year. I would need 3 more auto'd cards - and there are only 4 or 5 remaining HOFers which are possible on signed trading or cut cards. I thought that my adding of Len Ford, Link Lyman and Henry Jordan in the past few months would have put be over the top...but I guess not.

Maybe we should delete our sets from the PSA registry and enter them in the PSA/DNA registry...lol. Maybe we'd get noticed then.

Your Favre ticket collection should be in contention for ticket set of the year next year...it's pretty impressive! I haven't looked lately, but do you have tickets for the games he started last year or are you solely focusing on games in which he played in a Packers uniform?

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    greg,

for some reason i think they only take blue flips for the PSA/DNA reg. All auto's need to be graded i think there. i have no plans of paying PSA any more money for those cards. i would rather save to buy a thorpe auto. if you had the money you could make the cut off next years. your neale isnt in your set anymore?? you can still pick up that Edwards cut out there for $2,000+ and i am sure another thorpe will come up again (>$5,000). isnt there a owen cut out there as well??

as for my tickets, yes i have all but one from last year. all in all, if they graded ticket masters, I would only need around 6 or 7. right now i am at 12, with a new raw one at home from a nice board member to replace one of my ticketmasters. plus i hear someone on here might have a 92 at Cleveland stub that they would be willing to part with if i make it to canton to visit. i figure i should have a shot. as there arent many ticket sets near the 95% or better mark. not to mention mine would (and might be overall) the largest set in that category.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • I haven't actively upgraded my 97 Legends or HOF Auto set lately (although I do have a few possible upgrades/additions to make). I'm still bitter/confused since PSA made the switch to V2 of the Registry. Some of my cards that were in the registry are now not allowed (Goal Line Art) unless I re-send them in to PSA and follow a precise series of instructions. Maybe I'm lazy, but I hate when the rules are changed in the middle of a game.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭

<< <i>Wow - the HOF football auto set was snubbed again this year! Maybe if Jay, Frank, Reese and I combine our sets, we can win next year (and beat out the baseball auto sets - which seem to win every year!).

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

I just checked out the baseball set that won and it is incredible! I would love to know how much he has invested in that set.

Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
    Reese,

Agreed - it is quite an amazing set. It's too bad that he doesn't have scans of the Ruth or Gehrig up...I'd like to see them.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Bart,

Thanks for the Collier auto'd card...just rec'd it today.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>your neale isnt in your set anymore?? >>

Jay,

PSA removed it last month saying that blue flips can't be included in PSA registry sets...just in time for the awards cutoff! I'm considering selling it to buy a "cut auto" if I can find one.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    After looking at the baseball autograph set that won, he does have a better set than I do. What really hurts my set (and ours collectively) is that no one has a Jim Thorpe. If one of us could add a Thorpe, then I believe that set would immediately be in contention.

Better luck next near!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    Could you post a link to the set that won - thanks.

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Link to baseball set >>

Thanks - I especially like the Hubbard and the Spalding - I recently picked up a Fritz Pollard - I'll post a scan when it arrives.

• << <i>

Thanks - I especially like the Hubbard and the Spalding - I recently picked up a Fritz Pollard - I'll post a scan when it arrives. >>

Hey Mike,
    PLEASE tell me that you won the Pollard from the just concluded Hunt Auction. If so, that is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!!! If I had seen that one before / during the auction, you still would have won it, but it would have cost you about another $800.00 That is probably the nicest Pollard auto. I have seen and you absolutely STOLE it. Another poster here told me about it the day AFTER the auction ended. Let me know if that , is in fact the one that you won.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Can someone post a link to the auction? I would love to see it!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>

Thanks - I especially like the Hubbard and the Spalding - I recently picked up a Fritz Pollard - I'll post a scan when it arrives. >>

Sweet! What was the Pollard signed on?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Hello Mike,
    That is a SUPER nice Pollard. The funny thing about that Pollard is that the person that consigned that to Lelands is a pretty big autograph seller on Ebay, b-e-collectibles. I had Emailed them asking if they had any autographs from a list of about 12 names of football Hall of Famers. They sent me a scan of a Steve Owen signed letter from July 31st, 1939. They also sent me scans of three different cemetary plot letters, ( one of which is what you won from Leland's ). They wanted , get this, $3,500.00 PER AUTOGRAPH !!!!!!! I mean Pollard isn't easy, but, $3,500.00 !!! Needless to say, I passed.
    As far as the one that Hunt Auctions just had, I will post the website and auction Lot # when they have it back on their website. Since their new auction has started, they have ALL past auctions available for viewing EXCEPT the most recent one. When the current auction ends, then they will post the results and pictures from the May auction. It was an unlined 3 x 5 card signed Frederick D. "Fritz" Pollard and then underneath that he wrote Brown University. Super Nice, but the thing is, it sold for ( I forget EXACTLY ) but approx. $420.00 !!!!! Whoever won that is having a party, and the consignor is probably still Praying to the porcelain GOD. I know I would be.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Hello All ,
    I am pretty excited about 2 different items that I have won on Ebay. First, I have wanted for quite a while, an autographed 1st Edition copy of the George Halas autobiography " Halas by Halas ". It is signed very nicely by George and both of the co-authors. It is Ebay # 270408729641. I got that for $48.00. I am VERY happy with the price. Sorry, I don't know how to post that direct link.
    Now, for the real prize. I didn't want to post anything about winning this until it came in the mail, and I had it "in hand", Well, it came in the mail today. Ebay # 110399152001. It is the DONRUSS PLAYOFF NATIONAL TREASURES HEISMAN CUTS # 1 / 1 Steve Owens autograph card that has a Steve Owen of the New York Giants autograph cut instead. I paid $456.00, but I was willing to pay a lot more than that. I will be taking it to The National next month in Cleveland and we'll see what happens. I have a couple of things in mind, but , boy, I can't believe I have this card. I think it might really be worth something.
    Rocke
    Rocke,

So - you're the person who won the Steve Owen(s) cut auto'd card???!!! Congrats! What's funny is that I sent the seller a best offer of $1k several weeks back (when his asking price was $2500) and he let the offer expire. Talk about leaving $ on the table!

Nice pickup at a nice price. Most Owen cut cards sell for over $1k.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    I saw that Pollard in the Hunt Auction but figured it would get too expensive and decided to put all my marbles on the 1926 Philadelphia Quakers AFL football stock certificate - which was issued to Robert Folwell, first coach of the NY Giants and coach of the Phila. Quakers, although they did not seem to think that was worth mentioning in the item description. It ended up going for $152 and had I known it was going to be so reasonable I might have put out a few other bids. Sometimes, with that 10 minute rule, if I'm spread too thin I come away with nothing.
  • Hello,
    Just saw some REALLY nice Brian Piccolo signed items on Ebay. The seller name is ditkadacoach. I have put bids on 2 of the items, ( NOT on either of the footballs ) I can't afford to go as high as I would like right now, due to the Steve Owen card and the Walt Kiesling that I have to come up with the money for, but if the reserves aren't met, maybe I can go higher later. Just thought someone may be interested, as this is the NICEST group of Brian Piccolo items I have ever seen.
    Rocke
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I just purchased a large lot of older signed football photos from the guy I bought a large portion of my rarer mini helmets from. However, when he sent the photos, he sent multiples of some of the guys. I ended up buying the entire lot, so I have several that I would be willing to sell. Some of the photos are nicer than others and I will do my best to indicate as such. The first group he sent me seemed to be all enlargements of magazine type photos and many were enlarged a bit too much, so that they appear out of focus -and grainy - though the signatures are still very nice.

The next lot he sent were a LOT nicer. However, I think many are on photos similar to inkjet copies. I mention this because I have been told that if left out in light, they may fade. Supposedly, these photos were kept in albums and out of the light, so everything is still pretty crisp.

If there are any you are interested in, just send me an e-mail (bdbop@aol.com) and I will forward you a scan and what I am looking for price wise.

Jerry Mays (bit grainy and slightly out of focus, but pretty good)...B/W & Color
    Mac Speedie (both a bit grainy and slightly out of focus....one with black Sharpie sig and another with white sig - harder to see) - both B/W
    Jack Ferrante (one is a bit out of focus and another is really pretty nice) - both B/W
    Jerry Smith (really a pretty nice blowup)-B/W
    Randy Johnson (a bit blurry) B/W
    Pat Harder (a blurry and grainyy) B/W
    David Woodley (a bit blurry) - Color
    Norm Van Brocklin (one color one is pretty nice, a B/W one is okay and then another Color one is a bit blurry and signature is hard to see unless right on top of it)
    Lamar McHan (pretty blurry) B/W as Packer
    Dave Whitsell (a bit blurry and sig in white) - B/W
    Bobby Walston (have a B/W & color that are a bit blurry and then a real nice B/W)
    Homer Jones (blowup of 1967 card - a bit blurry) - Color
    Hugh "Bones" Taylor (a bit blurry) B/W
    Ed Danowski (a bit blurry) B/W
    Jim Tyrer (not a bad looking action photo) B/W
    Charlie Conerly (decent color head shot and a bit grainy B/W)
    Jim Nance (have a couple real nice B/W)
    Carl Garrett (have several nice B/W wire photos)
    George Svendsen (nice B/W)
    Les Horvath (pretty decent B/W)
    Henry Jordan (real nice color headshot)
    Al Davis (2 nice color photos)
    Clint Frank (a bit blurry B/W)
    Tuffy Leemans (a nice B/W)
    Bruce Smith-Heisman (pretty nice B/W)
    Travis Williams (nice Color shot)
    Frank Filchock (nice B/W photo)
    Ken Strong (2 B/W photos - both a bit grainy)
    Bill George (B/W from HOF induction)
    Billy Vessels (nice B/W)
    Elijah Pitts (nice color action)
    Art Rooney (nice color and nice B/W)
    Cookie Gilchrist (decent B/W - signed in silver)

Bart
    Good luck w/ your sales Bart. Too bad you don't have any more signed cards that I need image

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Can anyone help me find a Tony Latone autograph? Zack just did a research paper on the Pottsville Maroons and he is trying to find Latone's autograph. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one. Thanks.
    Hey guys I have some extra stuff I need to sell. I'll consider any offers. I need to sell some of this as I am getting ready to buy a house! Please add $3 for shipping. Please pm me if you would like to see any scans.

Thanks,
    Reese

PSA/DNA Certified Autographs
    Dan Reeves (HOF Rams Owner) Letter on Rams Stationary with full PSA/DNA letter- $325
    Jimmy Conzelman- Signed Photograph- $220
    Earle "Greasy" Neale- Custom card created by Knuckles PSA/DNA encapsulated- $325
    Bert Bell- Custom card created by Knuckles PSA/DNA encapsulated- $125
    Link Lyman- Index Card-$150
    Morris "Red" Badgro- $12
    Hank Stramm w/ HOF 03 inscription- $15
    George Connor w/ Chicago Bears inscription-$12
    Charley Trippi- $12
    Yale Lary-$12

Certified Autograph Cards
    Tom Brady- 2004 Playoff Prime Signatures #57/86-$200
    George Blanda- 2004 Playoff Prime Signatures #94/110- $15

Index Cards-
    Marshall Goldberg-$75
    Wayne Miller w/ Street address very cool!-$65

Checks
    Clark Shaughnessy-$15

Goal Line Art cards- Autographed-Shipping $3
    Forrest Gregg- $25

HOF Signature Series Cards-Shipping $3
    Tony Canadeo- $15
    Ace Parker-$12
    Jim Langer-$5
    Frank Gatski-$15
    Arnie Weinmeister-$12
    Ernie Stautner-$15
    Jimmy Johnson (HOF 49ers)-$8
    Dick "Night Train" Lane-$15
    Willie Davis-$10
    "Bullet" Bill Dudley-$10
    Larry Little-$8
    Lou Creekmur-$5
    Bob St. Clair-$8
    Charley Trippi-$8
    Art Donovan-$12
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Can anyone help me find a Tony Latone autograph? Zack just did a research paper on the Pottsville Maroons and he is trying to find Latone's autograph. Please let me know if anyone has one for sale or knows where to find one. Thanks. >>

Jim at http://www.freewebs.com/oldestlivingnfl/ had a Tony Latone for sale - I don't see it up there now, but you could contact him through his website - I believe it was about $1,200. Did your son follow the Maroons past the 1925 season? My father played for them in 1928 and I have some information and programs on my website.
  • bdbopbdbop Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I show the Latone still up, but now at $995. Try this link: http://www.freewebs.com/tnspro/vintageautos4sale.htm

Bart
    just saw that Lou Creekmur passed to day.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    Wow, just saw the news as well. I had heard he was in failing health these past couple years. RIP
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    I have 4 new additions, only one of which is a HOF rc:

First off, Terry Bradshaw signed 1971 and 1984 Topps cards for me:

Next up, Robert Kraft (Patriots owner) finally signed a card for me (for my future HOF auto'd card set):

Next up, Tom Brady signed card (for my future HOF auto'd card set):

Finally, Herschel Walker signed his Topps USFL rc for me (for my Heisman rc auto'd card set):

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>just saw that Lou Creekmur passed to day. >>

I saw that on the SCN board this morning. That's really too bad. Early last year, I received 3 cards back from him signed that had been oustanding for nearly 2 years. Included in the envelope were 2 signed archive cards, a signed GLAC card, my $45 check plus a note from Mrs. Creekmur apologizing for the delay and explained that she found my request in an area of their house that was damaged by a hurricane (not sure which one).

I soon thereafter sent 1957 and 1958 Topps cards which he signed (for a donation) and late last summer sent 1955 Bowman and 1956 Topps which he wife returned last fall along with a note saying that Lou was too ill to sign.

That's really too bad. Another class act and great signer gone. RIP.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Mr Moran, I asked Zack if he had heard of your Dad playing for the Maroons and he told me all about him. I felt kind of silly when he told me that the photo you have on your posts is of your Dad. He knew alot about him actually. He knew he played for Frankford and also the Giants. The Giants are his favorite team so he always notices when they pop up. He was excited to hear that he was your father. He got his grade back on his report and he did very well. He did the entire history of the Maroons and focused a little on the 1925 season. What an amazing time that must have been. He spent most of today telling me about how your father played against Fritz Pollard. He really enjoyed your web page also. Thanks for the info on the Latone autograph as well. Zack found out during his research that they are actually going to make two movies about the Maroons due out next year. We don't live far from Pottsville at all. We'll have to take a road trip to see if there are any sights to see. It's really amazing to think about all of the history that took place in this area. We are about 30 miles south of Pottsville and an hour away from Carlisle. I can't tell you how much I enjoy watching him learn about this stuff. He absolutely loves it. Ever since we got involved with his collecting, everyone has been so helpful. I met Bart a few years back in Chicago and he took Zack around and showed him some great autographs. We've also gotten a lot of help from Rocke as well. The trade Zack made with him helped him get a little closer to his goal. We have met some great people with some great stories. Thanks again for the reply. You really brightened Zack's day.
    Thanks as well - you brightened my day too!
  • tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    I have been asked by the owner of this photo, a relative of O. Miller, (photo comes from his collection), to find out what it could be worth. Does anyone have an opinion as to its value? It has Bill Hewitt and Andrew Kerr among other greats. I am not sure if he is selling it, I believe just looking for an estimate.

1931 East All-Star Football Team

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
    Rich Albersheim has this item for $2,900
    1938 College All-Stars -This 19.5" x 12" photo of the 1938 All-Stars Football team has been signed by 67 players and coaches Link
    With Hewitt in there I'd think this photo is worth $5,000
    Thanks Bart and Mike for the estimates. I will pass it along.

Here is a photo that I am working on....I sent it to Ron Kramer and a surprise autograph came back with it, Paul Hornung. Nice surprise.

Paul was probably visting him at the time he signed it. Or Ron might have even taken it to the Lombardi classic (golf outing) last month to get him to sign it. either way great piece.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    Hey Guys,

Which individuals featured on the 1955 Topps All-American Football set are still living? I know Moomaw and Savitsky are. Any others??

Thanks

Mark
    Hi Mark,

The following players from the 55 set are still alive:

Don Moomaw-signs TTM
    George Savitsky-signs TTM
    Bill Dudley- may not be signing anymore because of health
    Bob Odell-signs TTM
    Johnny Lujack-signs TTM
    Dick Kazmaier- will be signing at the National in Cleveland
    Doc Blanchard-Not signing
    Ralph Kercheval-signs TTM

Good luck if you are working on the set autographed. It's really been challenging for me!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Hello All,
    This is for Mark - cfhofer, are you Mark B. MD ? You are, or were stationed in Guam ?
    Rocke
  • Hello Jim,
    Concerning the team signed photo that includes Bill Hewitt. Signed photo's of Hewitt are positively rare. I know a collector named Bill H. that lives in Sheboygan, Wisconsin that has one. I do NOT know what he paid for it, but I could find out. The only other one that I know of can be found in the Mastro Auctions archives. It was in the Spring 2007 Auction. It was lot # 847. It is a 5 x 8 photo of Bill Hewitt, signed in black fountain pen that , according to Mastro, would rate a "10" The final price, including the buyers premium, was $2,224.80 Thanks to my buddy Rod for providing me with the info. provided here.
    Rocke

Rocke - That's me. I'm now stationed in Portsmouth, Va (much closer to civilization). Hope all is well!!

Reese - Thanks for the list. I'm collecting the sigs from that set (on any medium). Coy seems to be the toughest.

Mark

<< <i>Hi Mark,

The following players from the 55 set are still alive:

Don Moomaw-signs TTM
    George Savitsky-signs TTM
    Bill Dudley- may not be signing anymore because of health
    Bob Odell-signs TTM
    Johnny Lujack-signs TTM
    Dick Kazmaier- will be signing at the National in Cleveland
    Doc Blanchard-Not signing
    Ralph Kercheval-signs TTM

Good luck if you are working on the set autographed. It's really been challenging for me!

Reese >>

I couple of slight changes from Reese's list above. Ace Parker is also still alive (signs for $5, but his signature is slowly deteriorating), Dudley is signing again TTM for $5 and Blanchard just died recently (he hadn't signed TTM in 3-4 years). Also, Kazmaier is now singing TTM for ~ $30. Not many left from the 55 Topps AA set!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Rocke - That's me. I'm now stationed in Portsmouth, Va (much closer to civilization). Hope all is well!!

Reese - Thanks for the list. I'm collecting the sigs from that set (on any medium). Coy seems to be the toughest.

Mark >>

Mark,

That's quite and endeavour that you've embarked upon! I would imagine that Lassman, Coy and Rockne would be three of teh toughest autographs to obtain. I have a 1955 Topps AA signed Alonzo Stagg which would be the toughest auto that I have from that set (although the authenticity is in question)...

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Reese >>

I couple of slight changes from Reese's list above. Ace Parker is also still alive (signs for $5, but his signature is slowly deteriorating), Dudley is signing again TTM for $5 and Blanchard just died recently (he hadn't signed TTM in 3-4 years). Also, Kazmaier is now singing TTM for ~ $30. Not many left from the 55 Topps AA set!

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Yeah you are right! I can't believe I forgot about Parker! I didn't realize Blanchard passed away either.

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333

<< <i>Rocke - That's me. I'm now stationed in Portsmouth, Va (much closer to civilization). Hope all is well!!

Mark >>

Good luck with the set. I've been picking up signed 55s for about a year now and have just over 40% of the set complete. How far along are you collecting on any medium?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Thanks guys for all your help. My focus of collecting is usually on the pre-1920 college football autographs, so I'm a fish outta water with the post WW2 stuff.

I have roughly 75% of the set completed (on any medium - mostly 3x5s and letters). Some of the tougher ones I own are Schulz, Heston, Hollenback, Muller (short note signed "brick") and Heffelfinger.
    Rockne isn't too tough. Usually 1 or 2 pop up for auction every year. I've never seen a Ted Coy signature. Lassman is tough too. Heck, almost the whole dang set is tough!!

Thanks again.

Mark
    I was outbid on a Lassman signed photo a year or so ago. I know who outbid me and I'll never forget it! image

Perhaps he will show it ??

Thanks for the help with the 1931 East All-Star team signed photo. I am waiting for a scan of a signed 1933 Chicago Bears photo image

• Hello All,
    I bought a couple of SUPERB autographs from Mark about a year and 1/2 ago. A Fantastic Marshall Goldberg, and the only autograph that I have ever seen that is signed ALEXANDER WOJCIECHOWICZ. It is dated, ( I think 1937 ) It is in my safe deposit box, so I don't have it in front of me right now. He also wrote " Fordham University " Rod has seen a ton of autographs, and hr has told me that he has never seen one signed ALEXANDER either. We have Emailed a couple of times since I bought them from him. Welcome back to the U.S. Now that you are close, either you have to come to Canton, to the Hall, or The National. And I will let you know the next time that I come down to Chantilly to the CSA show. I will NOT be there next weekend, ( but I WISH that I was !!!!! ) This is a GREAT website. I hope that you continue to post and show some of your auto's.
    Rocke
    Thanks Rocke for the kind words. Feels good to be back in the states. Not too many card shows in Guam. I wish I was going to the National next month, but my son's birthday (turns 2) is that same weekend. I went several years back when it was in CA. Most of the stuff people were selling was available online. Hope it has gotten better over the years.

I have several signatures (from that same collection you refer) that I'll be selling in the next couple months.

Mark
    I'm away from my office or I would post a scan of the Lassman - but there is another character from that era that I've been focused on for a few months - Big Bill Edwards. I've recently picked up a strip card of him holding Jackie Coogan and a photo of him with Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig and others with the caption Sports All-Stars for Al Smith. Edwards is in the College Football Hall of Fame (Princeton 1899), and by chance I started this interest with his autograph in his book "Football Days" He was also President of the Grange AFL in 1926. A couple of other real old time college players I'd like to find autographs for are Charles Gill and Harry Beecher, two of the first All Americans from Yale - anyone ever seen them? Beecher was on the first football card - I wonder if there are any out there he signed!