Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Jay,

Reading some of the Bills forums/boards it seemed apparent that Mr. Wilson has been under attack for his management of the club. In particular, there was quite a bit of bashing over Dick Jauron. Anyway, I have no doubt that my letter helped considering the ridiculously quick turnaround. If you figure 2 days mailing on both sides, he probably signed it the day it was received. Good luck with your attempt...hope you have similar success.

Ken

P.S. I don't really dislike the Bills. Bruce Smith is my fellow alum from Virginia Tech:}.

• << <i>Greg,

I am crossing my fingers for you. I did not send a donation, but I was very complimentary of the Bills organization in my letter and his running of the team which I think might have helped out a bit:}. If you see Mr. Wilson, don't tell him that I am a Steelers fan and think the Bills suck:}.

Ken >>

Ken,
    CLASSIC POST !!!!!!!
    Rocke.
    PS. See you at booth 2240 at Noon ?
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jay,

Reading some of the Bills forums/boards it seemed apparent that Mr. Wilson has been under attack for his management of the club. In particular, there was quite a bit of bashing over Dick Jauron. Anyway, I have no doubt that my letter helped considering the ridiculously quick turnaround. If you figure 2 days mailing on both sides, he probably signed it the day it was received. Good luck with your attempt...hope you have similar success.

Ken

P.S. I don't really dislike the Bills. Bruce Smith is my fellow alum from Virginia Tech:}. >>

Ken,

Don't worry - I told Mr. Wilson a white lie that I'm a lifelong Bills fan...lol. By the way, I received my reponse back from Mr. Wilson today - he nicely signed the GLA and a 1987 Topps team card in black sharpie and returned the $20 donation.

I have an extra Ralph Wilson signed card already slabbed if anyone is interested.

Rgs,

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Greg,

I need that Wilson. PM Sent

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!

<< <i>Greg,

I need that Wilson. PM Sent

Reese >>

Reese,

PM back.

Jay,

I can't wait to hear about your trip. I LOVE to travel abroad...

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
    Where can you buy an unsigned Ralph Wilson Goal Line card? There aren't any on ebay so I was curious.
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Thanks Mike!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Got an Email from Rod earlier tonight and he told me that Ken ( KLS23 ) made his way over to Rod's booth on Tuesday and introduced himself. FINALLY !!! Now there can be confirmation that Rod is not a figment of my imagination !!!! Hopefully when I see Ken up there on Thurs. and Fri. he can try to help me convince Rod to start posting.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
    Did anyone see that CJ (UKRedskins) has yet another signed 1955 Topps All American Turk Edwards for sale...which is now the 3rd different one that he has had for sale (that I know of). Reese bought the first, I bought the second (which was rejected by PSA) and the 3rd is up for sale.

I've NEVER seen another deal with a signed 1955 Topps Turk Edwards, yet CJ has 3 of the tougher cards in the 1955 Topps AA set. It's hard to believe to say the least...

Rgs,

Greg m.

References:
    I forgot to mention that CJ also is currently selling his 4th or 5th signed Gene Brito card over the past 1 to 2 years. Brito is another VERY tough autograph to obtain as he died in the mid 60's.

Rgs,

Greg m.

References:
  • Rocke,

I hate to say this, but that would be quite a feat as I am still in Virginia!! My plane leaves early tomorrow morning (Thurs). I want to know immediately who this imposter is who is going around introducing themselves at the National....ha ha. I know that people want to emulate me, but this is just getting ridiculous:}.

I should be at the show by around 12:30-1PM on Thursday and will be there all day that day and the next. See you soon.

Ken

P.S. Don't let the others bother you, I believe that Rod is not your "imaginary buddy".

• << <i>Rocke,

I hate to say this, but that would be quite a feat as I am still in Virginia!! My plane leaves early tomorrow morning (Thurs). I want to know immediately who this imposter is who is going around introducing themselves at the National....ha ha. I know that people want to emulate me, but this is just getting ridiculous:}.

I should be at the show by around 12:30-1PM on Thursday and will be there all day that day and the next. See you soon.

Ken

P.S. Don't let the others bother you, I believe that Rod is not your "imaginary buddy". >>

Ken,
    Glad that you have a good sense of humor about it. I swear, I got an Email from Rod last night, and he said that Ken came around and introduced himself !!!!! And that he was looking for me again !!! Hope he shows back up again on Thursday.
    Rocke
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    Hello from Chamonix, France.

So did all of you send the items to Mr Wilson to the Bills HQ or somewhere else?? I come home Sunday night and plan to have it in the mail to him by Monday.

Thanks for any help.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's

<< <i>Hello from Chamonix, France.

So did all of you send the items to Mr Wilson to the Bills HQ or somewhere else?? I come home Sunday night and plan to have it in the mail to him by Monday.

Thanks for any help.

Jay >>

Jay,

I mailed my cards to the Bills head office:

Buffalo Bills
    One Bills Drive
    Orchard Park, NY 14127

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:

<< <i>Did anyone see that CJ (UKRedskins) has yet another signed 1955 Topps All American Turk Edwards for sale...which is now the 3rd different one that he has had for sale (that I know of). Reese bought the first, I bought the second (which was rejected by PSA) and the 3rd is up for sale.

I've NEVER seen another deal with a signed 1955 Topps Turk Edwards, yet CJ has 3 of the tougher cards in the 1955 Topps AA set. It's hard to believe to say the least...

Rgs,

Greg m. >>

Greg,

Did he have a scan up when you posted this last night? I've heard of one other person that claimed to have a signed 55 Edwards, but I never did see it. I think I was very lucky that mine passed PSA/DNA!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Reese,

Nope - CJ hadn't posted a scan when I looked yesterday. I'll check to see whether he has since posted one.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Hey all,

Just wanted to share with you a few pickups from the National and the best parts of my trip. The highlight for me was definitely meeting all of the collectors and dealers who I had talked to for years over the internet. I met a lot of new ones, also. It was great seeing Rocke again and meeting his friend Rod. Kirk Welch entertained me for at least 3-4 hours probably over a period of 2 days, he has a ton of great stories and is a funny guy. I also had the opportunity to meet Ron Gordon, Rich Altman, and Jack Wallin in person and that was a pleasure. Had a funny conversation with a dealer (Prewarsports on E-bay) who upon me asking about football HOFers told me about a nice Joe Guyon signed sheet that he sold on E-bay the previous week and was hoping to get $400 for it. The punchline was that I was the guy who bought it for $180:}...I did thank him for the smooth purchase and quick shipping though. The Marriott Airport hotel was terrific and the shuttle service to the IX-Center and airport were super convenient and hassle free. Bought a box of 2009 Donruss Classics and pulled my first cut auto, not one of the best you could get but was still a nice surprise (see scan below). To cap off my trip, I sat in the shuttle next to TJ Schwartz on the way to the airport...ha ha. He's still mad about rip-off dealers and Paypal:}. All in all, a great trip.

Ken

• revmoranrevmoran Posts: 398 ✭✭
    The Elmer Layden in your set of photos raises a question - how do you rate the relative difficulty of obtaining autographs of the Four Horsemen - I just bought GPCs of Crowley and Stuhldreher for under $100 each, but the seller wanted $400 for Layden. I just don't think Layden is that much harder to find than Crowley and Stuhldreher - but Don Miller is another story - I would think he is the hardest to find and the others are about equally hard -
    Well, initially I didn't think I would be able to make it to Cleveland, but I was able to run up there Friday and Saturday. I really wish I would have had the chance to meet some of you guys, but I guess there is always next year! Anyway here are my new additions. I've been working on finding signed HOF RC's and these additions put me at 79. The Jurgensen, Hornung, Tittle, and Brown were signed at the show, while the others were purchased. Enjoy!

HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Rev,

Layden auto's can be had fairly easily in the $150-250 range. I paid $175 for my 1946 GPC pictured. I would buy Crowley and Stuhldreher GPC autographs for $100 all day long. I saw two Stuhldreher cuts at the show that were both priced in the $175-200 range. One dealer had two authenticated pieces with all four autographs on them and was asking around $1800-2000 at the National. I have not come across a Don Miller single signed item, but I would have to think it would be very expensive. Hope that helps a bit.

Ken
  • Hi again,

Forgot to mention in my first post that the Lombardi auto came with a full JSA letter. I was really excited to find it because most of the items that I have come across for Lombardi have been checks lately.

Ken
    The last Don Miller autograph I purchased was in a bookstore - he had signed a copy of the Four Horsemen of Notre Dame book published by the Hinckely Schmitt water company in Chicago for one of their annual luncheons they hosted the day before the College All Star game in the mid 1950s. Red Grange was always the MC at those. I think that was $200 - I have another one of those from a different year with a number of former Bears and Cardinals including Driscoll and Slater - some of those books have amazing autographs.

The Lombardi is a beauty - I've got to compare it to the signed check I bought on a Heritage auction - I hear there's been some question if those checks are authentic or signed by his secretary.
  • Please clarify about what Lombardi checks may be in question.
    Todd
  • cfhofercfhofer Posts: 258 ✭✭
    In regards to the four horsemen statement....

Congrats on the crowley and stuhldreher. I would say both routinely sell for at least double that. The reason some ask more for Layden was because he coached at Notre Dame. However, one can easily find his book (it was a different game) signed for under $200 on abebooks.com. In fact, two examples are available for that price now.

I agree, Miller is the difficult one. I don't think it is worth what some dealers are asking ($1500+) though. One dealer wanted $450 for his Miller, which I thought was a little high. However after looking for two years and finding nothing close to that, I bit the bullet and bought it this past weekend.

Any other new vintage football pieces "discovered" at the natiional? I went several years ago in Anaheim and was extremely disappointed. Most of the stuff I saw could be found on ebay.
  • I think Cfhofer hit everything on the mark. If anyone has an extra Crowley or Stuhldreher that they want to sell, please let me know. I can wait on the Don Miller until I finish my pro HOF collection.

In terms of pro HOF pieces, there was not much...all of the same dealers that we regularly buy from on E-bay and the internet. Kirk sold almost everything that he had including the Thorpe I had been looking at for a week or two on E-bay. I would say that there were a ton of nice college HOF and vintage football autographs at the National such as Kinnick, Heffelfinger, Johnny and Edgar Poe, W.W. Church, Knute Rockne, etc.

Ken

Rev - One of the dealers at the National also mentioned something about some Lombardi checks, hope that turns out to be false. I will try to compare mine to some of the one's recently sold and see what I think.
    Ken- How much were they asking for the Johnny and Edgar sigs? I need Arthur Poe to complete my "Poe family" collection.

Rev, those books you are referring to are amazing. They were written by James Peterson. I had one on Eckersall signed by several members of the 1905 Chicago team (which I sold several years ago).

That Slater autograph is extremely tough. I'm currently working with the Slater family to get Duke inducted into the Hall of Fame. Duke had no children, but he has several nieces who are quite upset over his absence in Canton. They actually thought he was in the Hall of Fame all these years and that for whatever reason they didn't make a bust for him. They had the College hof confused for the pro hof. They also were misled by the display of Duke's jersey in Canton.

<< <i>Please clarify about what Lombardi checks may be in question.
    Todd >>

I believe what I read was in reference to Green Bay Packers checks - which caught my attention since that's what I have, from 1959, $32.74 to the Somerset Hotel. It did come with a PSA/DNA COA
    Ken- By the way, in regards to Crowley...contact John Burk with Collectible Classics. He has several nice Crowley's available for sale. Should charge you about what you payed for Layden, if not less. He has a booth at the National, if you're still in the area.
  • Cfhofer,

I think the same dealer had an Arthur Poe, also. Let me check through all of the business cards I collected at the National and get you the information. I am not sure that I asked a price on the other Poe auto's since I knew they would be too steep for me considering my focus on my pro collection. Thanks for the lead on the Crawley...much appreciated!

Ken
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Added this one over the past week . . . The ink signature is actually a little nicer than the scan:

• Scott,

Did you pick that up at the National? Awesome piece. If I had seen it, I would have been very interested:}. Congrats!

Ken
  • Hello all,
    Well, I know that I had a BLAST in Cleveland this past weekend. First of all, the weather was very nice. Lots of sun, and no rain. I, for one, absolutely hate going to big shows, carrying a bag full of stuff in or out of the show when its raining. Can't let any of that valuable stuff we collect get wet !!!
    Got to see old friends like Bill & Zack ( zaxdad ), Ken, Joe Mancino ( JMDVM ), and meeting a new one ( Scott). Great to see and talk with dealers that I have bought from before, like Rich Albersheim, Ron Gordon, and Phil Marks. First time I have ever talked with Kevin Keating ( showed him about 15 of my best autographs ), and, as Ken said, Kirk is pretty funny, and LOADED with good stories. I told him, he was NOTHING like I had pictured in my mind before meeting him. Also met Doak Ewing. Ebay name raresportsfilms. He has all kinds of old sports games going back to the 20's and 30's on DVD. I bought 4 different old Cleveland Browns DVD's. A decade of Otto Graham ( 1946-1955 ) Browns highlights, The NFL 1955 Championship game, ( Otto's last game ) Browns beat the L.A. Rams for the NFL championship. Browns 1963 highlights, which was Jim Brown's best year ( 1,863 yards rushing ), and the 1964 NFL Championship game in which the Browns beat the HEAVILY favored Baltimore Colts. Ken, I was yakking with Kirk on Saturday, when somebody came up and said that they wanted to buy the Lombardi 3 x 5. DOH !!!! Already Gone.
    REESE !!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME !!!!! I can't believe you didn't call me, or come by Rod's booth. Would have loved to meet you. Any chance that you can make it over this weekend for Hall of Fame ?
    Also, got my son Ben's picture taken with Bruce Smith. I also had Jim Brown autograph an 11 x 14 picture of Jim with Ben taken about 6 years ago at a TRISTAR show at the IX center. Ben has had his picture taken with EVERY Browns Hall of Famer ( 13 in all ) EXCEPT Len Ford and Marion Motley. They have all been blown up to 11 x 14 and now that I got Jim to sign his, they ALL have been autographed. This was also the 4th time that I have taken a picture of Jim and Ben together. Why not, when I have the chance ?
    But I'll tell you, the biggest thrill for me, was meeting two brothers by the name of Todd and Bob Wessell. I am pretty sure that none of you ( with the possible exception of Mark ( CFHOF ) no who they are. They are the Great Nephews of Chic Harley. I am not going to go into the story of Chic, but, for those of you who don't know, google Chic Harley and read a few stories about him. It is without question, the most UNBELIEVABLE football story that I have EVER heard of. I bought a copy of the Biography that one of the Great Nephews wrote. They also told me that there are THREE different movie productions in the works about his life. One thing I know for sure, there WILL be a movie made about his life.
    And now I've got a little thing like Hall of Fame weekend to follow last week with !!!! LIFE IS GOOD !!!!!!
    Rocke
    well i hope to have some scans up over the weekend. there is one nice thing about this years classics cuts. they have varied the size of the cut out on the card to fit the cut signature.

i am still waiting for one of mine to show up. not worried as i had contacted the seller while overseas to withhold shipment until i returned. i didnt want curly to feel all alone in my po box!!!
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Rocke,

It was great seeing you again, also. Glad I jumped on that Lombardi on Friday when I had a chance. I did not have the cash on hand to buy it, but through the beauty of modern technology I Paypaled the money to Kirk via my phone, he received a verification on his, and was off autograph in hand:}. It was a fun trip and like I mentioned....I hope to do the HOF induction next year.

Ken

<< <i>Please clarify about what Lombardi checks may be in question.
    Todd >>

This is the Lombardi I purchased from Heritage with an Auction LOA from PSA/DNA - How do you think it compares to the 3x5 below? Does it look legit?

• I just was not aware there was anything wrong with the Lombardi checks. These are also in the cuts as well - correct?
    Cn someone else weigh in as well?
  • otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Scott,

Did you pick that up at the National? Awesome piece. If I had seen it, I would have been very interested:}. Congrats!

Ken >>

Ken:

Yes, picked it up at the National Tuesday afternoon during set-up. Paid what seemed to be a reasonable number on it, although some may think it steep. Passed on a few other signed cards that I see others picked up because I wasn't excited about the condition, presentation, price or combination of the three. I may have a line on another Friedman that has not yet been authenticated (slabbed) so I may offer this one up (I know Reese has also expressed interest). For the sake of fairness, I would probably give Reese right of first refusal if/when I decide to part with it.
    Rocke

I haven't read the new book on Chic. There was another pretty good book on him which came out several months ago. His story is amazing, but sad. Thought you may enjoy this signed photo.

• Mark,
    I'll tell you, I just can't get over some of the FANTASTIC stuff that some of the small group of collectors that I know owns. Rev. Moran, I truly hope that jealously is NOT one of the seven deadly sins !!!!! Mark , That is a PHENOMONAL item. I just hope that I never go to a show, and some dealer has something like a Joe Carr AND a Chic Harley each at a price that I could barely afford. I wouldn't know which one to buy. I would have to wait till someone else bought one, then I would take the one that was left. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic piece.
    Rocke
  • Greg
    Packaged arrived safe and sound today. I just bought a 10 pack of new Black sharpies. I already have a bunch of new Blue sharpies. Looking at your cards though, would you agree that Black would be the better choice on all of your cards ? I will do my best to take at least one picture of each Hall of Famer while he is signing your cards. It may be tough though, with Deacon, since there is only one card.
    Rocke
  • One other thing, I accidentaly forgot to mention that Bart joined in on Thursday and Friday at The National in Cleveland. SORRY, Bart. It was great to see you again as well. I was involved in a couple of other things at The National as well, BUT, until I know for sure that other people that were involved are going to follow through, I don't want to mention them yet. Hopefully, there will be something pretty neat to post here soon.
    Rocke

<< <i>Greg
    Packaged arrived safe and sound today. I just bought a 10 pack of new Black sharpies. I already have a bunch of new Blue sharpies. Looking at your cards though, would you agree that Black would be the better choice on all of your cards ? I will do my best to take at least one picture of each Hall of Famer while he is signing your cards. It may be tough though, with Deacon, since there is only one card.
    Rocke >>

Rocke,

Thanks for letting me know. I really don't care whether the cards are signed in black or blue....I'll leave it up to you to decide which would look best on the cards. The pictures would be cool...I've never taken pictures before of the players signing my cards...but it would be nice to have.

I bet that you're excited. What items are you getting signed by Newsome?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Greg,
    The regular item will be a Goal Line Art card. I am giving it as a gift to my Brother-in-law. I did a thing for myself, where I have this 25" x 33" framed / matted goal line collection, 6 across each row, 3 rows high. 6 on top, 6 in the middle, 6 on the bottom. The bottom has 4 blank spaces for future Hall of Famers ( Should take another 20-30 years to complete !!!! ) Has all signed Goal Line Art cards of all the Browns Hall of Famers except Hickerson and Len Ford. Double matted in Brown and Orange. After Eric saw what I had done, he has started to do one exactly the same. He already has it framed / matted, but he still needs an Ozzie, Jim Brown, McCormack, Motley and Groza. It is one of my favorite items I have. I saw one in Chantilly, done up with all of the Redskins Goal Line Art cards. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to do one of the Browns.
    The other item is an over-sized flat. it is a 18" x 24" Limited Edition poster of Browns Hall of Famers. I have already had it signed by Mike McCormack, Bobby Mitchell, Leroy Kelly, Dante Lavelli , and Bill Willis. I will still need to add Jim Brown, but I had to do the picture of Jim and Ben at The National, and could only afford one Brown last week. Oh Well.......
    Rocke
    REESE !!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME !!!!! I can't believe you didn't call me, or come by Rod's booth. Would have loved to meet you. Any chance that you can make it over this weekend for Hall of Fame ?

I am sorry about that. I left the house at about 5 am from Indy and made it to Cleveland just as the show was opening. Hopefully I will be more prepared next time and we can meet up. Where was Rod's booth? I may have stopped by and not even realized it. What kind of stuff did he have for sale? Wish I could make it to the induction ceremony this weekend. Have a great time!

Reese
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    well i have a ralph wilson now as well. still have to send my TTM to him though. so far i have added another 4 to my set. they havent been graded yet, however. i am pretty much now in the same boat as greg. i need all the hard ones only.

here is a run down.

Greg has me on the Allen, Ford, Lyman and Reeves. I have him on the Driscoll, Lambeau and Neale (Greg, what happened with your Neale???) So he is up on me by one or two.

What we both have left are....Bidwell, Carr, Chamberlin, Edwards, Guyon, Henry, Hewitt, Kiesling, Mara, Marshall, Owen, Ray, Pollard and Thorpe.

There are known cards of Edwards, Owen and Thorpe out there. Does anyone know of any for Bidwell, Carr, Chamberlin, Guyon, Henry, Hewitt, Kiesling, Mara, Marshall, Ray or Pollard??

Also its kinda of maddening that they wont allow any of our cards into the PSA/DNA registry (which I take it to mean the best auto set cat. for awards) unless we would go and have them all auto graded. I dont belive that PSA will grade both the auto and the card. Or will they?? With the bar being raised next year to the 95% level to be considered I am not sure if anyone will make it to that level. Currently there are 253 possible auto'd cards required. However I think about 10 are impossible. To my knowledge the highest percent anyone could have right now with know cards would be 241 cards which would put them at 95.26% just in the running. Now if they could by which items are truely available Greg and I would both be in the running at present. Though when the add next years class in the spring it might get a little easier to make the 95%.

I really want the set to get some recognition in the awards. It seems like its the ugly step sister set wise for the Registry. None of our set will fit in the Auto category unless someone would pay to have all of the auto's on their cards graded, which at ~235 cards would be expensive (considering we have already paid to have the cards either graded and/or auto's authenticated).

What should we do to make sure this set is still in the running next year???
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
    There is a Kiesling 1934 Diamond Matchbook - all the Bears from 1934 are rare and Kiesling is extra rare - I don't know if that could count for the set
    but is it signed??
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's

• << <i>REESE !!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE KILLING ME !!!!! I can't believe you didn't call me, or come by Rod's booth. Would have loved to meet you. Any chance that you can make it over this weekend for Hall of Fame ?

I am sorry about that. I left the house at about 5 am from Indy and made it to Cleveland just as the show was opening. Hopefully I will be more prepared next time and we can meet up. Where was Rod's booth? I may have stopped by and not even realized it. What kind of stuff did he have for sale? Wish I could make it to the induction ceremony this weekend. Have a great time!

Reese >>

Reese,
    Remember all the # 'd signs that hung from the ceiling, 100, 200,etc.... 2,000, 2,100, 2,200 ? They were for the #'d aisles? If the sign #'d 2,200 fell, it would have fallen right on Rod's booth. He was the last full aisle before the TriStar autograph area. His booth was shaped like the letter U. and when you stood at the open end of the U and looked in at the stuff in the booth, I know he had about 6 helmets from the '20's and '30's straight ahead. The guy he was sharing his booth with was named Mike McKee, and I know he had a name sign hanging in the booth. Mike had a lot of old baseball photo's, posters , etc. what is refered to as "old paper" Rod had 2 of those big metal and glass display cases underneath the football's that had psa slabbed autographs in them. Mike and his wife were both, ( I want to say this in a nice way, bigger than the average person ) Rod is about 6 feet tall, with very short blonde hair and wire rimmed glasses. He was set up about 10 feet from the Chic Harley booth. Hope that helps.
    Rocke
    Thanks Rocke that is helpful. I really wish I could have talked to Rod and thanked for the Bill Hewitt he gave me a great deal on. I remember the Chic Harley booth and I spent most of my time waiting in line for the signings in the Tri-Star area. I know I walked up and down that last isle at least 2 or 3 times. I'm sure I stopped by his booth and looked although I know I didn't buy anything in that area. Do you specifically remember the autographs he had with him? Anything that would stand out? I probably talked with him and had no idea!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333