Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official NFL HOF autograph set thread???

Comments

• Options
    gregm13gregm13 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jim,

Would you mind helping me with these? I tried and tried and cannot find anything about if these players are still alive.

ANDY BERSHAK - I can't find anything about him (he is one of only 3 players from the 55 Topps AA that I can't confirm when died)
    AARON ROSENBURG - d 1979
    HANK FOLDBERG - d 2001
    DON ZIMMERMAN - d 1974
    EDWIN DOOLEY - d 1982
    DUANE PURVIS - d 1999
    CHARLES BRICKLEY - not sure
    BILL DADDIO d 1989

Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
    Reese >>

Do you know when "Chuck" Bernard died? I have no idea when he died.

Greg M.
    Collecting vintage auto'd fb cards and Dan Marino cards!!

References:
    Onlychild, Ahmanfan, fabfrank, wufdude, jradke, Reese, Jasp, thenavarro
    E-Bay id: greg_n_meg
  • Options
    Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Thanks for the info guys! I do appreciate it.

Greg, Chuck Bernard died in 1966.
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for the info guys! I do appreciate it.

Greg, Chuck Bernard died in 1966. >>

Thanks Reese. I'm sure CJ has several 55 Topps auto'd by him!

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Haha, he does claim to have a Herman Hickman who died in 1958!!!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Haha, he does claim to have a Herman Hickman who died in 1958!!! >>

That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure that would pass authentication..lol..

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Ok - last player I need to know about from the 55 Topps AA set is ANDY BERSHAK. Anyone?

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Greg,

Do you have any info on Charles Brickley?
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options

<< <i>Greg,

Do you have any info on Charles Brickley? >>

Reese,

Here you go:

Linky

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Thanks Greg!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    Don Zimmerman - 1955 Tulane set is a different guy from the 1970's Don Zimmerman. Don Zimmerman (Tulane) is deceased. The Don Zimmerman (70's Eagles) is alive.

They are not related

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to me how a cut signature card can be miscut?? WTF?

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 15506292 N8: MISCUT 2002 SP LEGENDARY CUTS CUT SIGNATURE LC-LL LINK LYMAN Card US

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Do you have a picture Greg? That doesn't sound right.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options

<< <i>Do you have a picture Greg? That doesn't sound right. >>

Frank,

That's what I thought - attached is a scan. Let me know what you think.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    so do any of you really think that at PSA/DNA they really know what a real BILL DADDIO (just to throw out a name) auto looks like?? I nean a Starr they would have plenty of reference material on. but on some of these obscure old timers i really wonder.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    greg,

unless they think it doenst meet some of the size requirements. i had a favre buy back auto from playoff that came back as min size. though its smaller than most cards, its the same size as the same card that wasnt a buy back. power blue playoff card that is.

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

• Options
    nice that you have one. but i am asking about PSA/DNA. what happens if you send them an auto of someone that they have never seen before? lets say paul ott carruth?? would they slab it or just say that they have no clue about the authenticity???
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Greg, I don't know what to say. The card looks fine. I thought that maybe the auto was off centered, which may have skewed the perception of the grader to say it was mis-cut. But, even the auto is well centered.
    The only other reason could be what Jay posted and maybe the card didn't meet min. size requirements.
    I've been pretty vocal amount cards being rejected due to min. size. Unfortunately, it has fallen on deaf years. If when we send our cards to PSA and they can determine if they have been trimmed, than they can also determine that they have been cut a shade short from the manufacturer. Just like larger cards still get slabbed, smaller un-trimmed cards should be too.
    To reject them opens the door to 2 issues IMO.
    #1 Is PSA really able to determine trimmed and untrimmed cards.
    #2 By not slabbing the untrimmed smaller cards, are they just protecting themselves and thus not fulfilling the obligation they make when accepting our grading fee?

At some point in PSA's history, someone determined that cards that did not meet min.size would not be slabbed. Maybe it's time to re-visit that decision.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok - last player I need to know about from the 55 Topps AA set is ANDY BERSHAK. Anyone?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg, Albersheims has a 1938 shrine game program and when they list the players that signed, Bershak is listed. They always note D and year if the signer is deceased. They might know for sure one way or the other.

I have a Bershak auto if you need a good example to compare to one you might find, LMK

jim
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Ok - last player I need to know about from the 55 Topps AA set is ANDY BERSHAK. Anyone?

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg, Albersheims has a 1938 shrine game program and when they list the players that signed, Bershak is listed. They always note D and year if the signer is deceased. They might know for sure one way or the other.

I have a Bershak auto if you need a good example to compare to one you might find, LMK

jim >>

Thanks Jim. I was only wanting to know when he died so that I can update my 1955 Topps AA file (basically to determine whether a signed card is possible to obtain). I don't think the Rich is happy w/ me, so I won't bother contacting him.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>Greg, I don't know what to say. The card looks fine. I thought that maybe the auto was off centered, which may have skewed the perception of the grader to say it was mis-cut. But, even the auto is well centered.
    The only other reason could be what Jay posted and maybe the card didn't meet min. size requirements.
    I've been pretty vocal amount cards being rejected due to min. size. Unfortunately, it has fallen on deaf years. If when we send our cards to PSA and they can determine if they have been trimmed, than they can also determine that they have been cut a shade short from the manufacturer. Just like larger cards still get slabbed, smaller un-trimmed cards should be too.
    To reject them opens the door to 2 issues IMO.
    #1 Is PSA really able to determine trimmed and untrimmed cards.
    #2 By not slabbing the untrimmed smaller cards, are they just protecting themselves and thus not fulfilling the obligation they make when accepting our grading fee?

At some point in PSA's history, someone determined that cards that did not meet min.size would not be slabbed. Maybe it's time to re-visit that decision. >>

Thanks Frank - I'm glad that you weighed in. It's completely retarted to think that card is miscut. The grader must think the top is cut off....which is the only think I can possibly think of. I'd have to look back at my other 2002 Legendary Cuts cards...but I think all have the top cut off and the bottom appears unusually large.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    greg,

considering how close that card is to fitting that holder exactly i dont see how they can say its not right.

but remember these are the same people that said that my luckman from that year was a misprint because it didnt have the hand writen serial number. until i explained to joe that none of them did...then they were able to grade it.

to be honest the people that do some of their work really dont know much about cards. which might be good...since it probably keeps theft in check. but come on...they couldnt hire some of us as consultants to verify certain odd ball issues?

jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Do you have a picture Greg? That doesn't sound right. >>

Frank,

That's what I thought - attached is a scan. Let me know what you think.

Rgs,

Greg M. >>

Greg:

Are there any issues with the reverse? Oft times, the back may be terribly off center resulting in the MC kickout.
  • Options
    From what I remember, the back is fine. I really think the grader isn't familiar w/ the set....I called the CU customer rep and told her to have the grader look at a scan of another card from the set to see that the top of the cards appear cut off...

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    N8 is reserved for cards that aren't the normal rectangular shape. If they thought that his head had been cut off, it would get a MC qualifier but still be graded.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    Whew - a PSA grader reviewed the card and graded it a PSA 10!!

Order #20262526 / Submission #4647344
    Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type Country
    1 1 15506292 GEM MINT 10 2002 SP LEGENDARY CUTS CUT SIGNATURE LC-LL LINK LYMAN Card US
    2 1 15506293 GEM MINT 10 2007 LEAF LIMITED LIMITED CUTS LC-25 CLARK SHAUGHNESSY Card US

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    CONGRATULATIONS GREG !!!!!!!!!!!
    There is some justice in the world.
    That is one nice looking card/auto.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    Awesome grades Greg!

Todd
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I'll post scans when I get them back. Now I'm waiting for my JSA certified 65 Philly Henry Jordan to cross over to PSA/DNA. Fingers crossed!

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Great grades Greg! Congrats!
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
  • Options
    From Mis-cut to PSA 10???
    Unbelieveable.
    Glad it worked out Greg. Congrats!
  • Options
    well i got an email saying my sub popped...then checked my orders and nothing new. image

then i get another email saying its shipped...check again and still nothing.

i guess i will have to wait til tomorrow.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Hello All,
    I just got home from work a little bit ago, and found out that Dante Lavelli passed away Tuesday night. There were eight Cleveland Browns in The Hall of Fame from the old days. Seven from their start in 1946, and then Len Ford joined when the All American Football Conference ( AAFC ) was merged in with the NFL in 1950. Dante was the last HOFer alive of the 8 from the 1950 NFL Champion Browns. I saw Dante many times, in the over 20 years that I have collected autograph's at local shows. He was a GREAT man and I will miss him.
    Rocke
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    That is really too bad that Mr. Lavelli passed away. It's sad to see the older players slowly either pass on or not be able to sign any more (e.g. Bill Dudley, Lou Creekmur). Over the past 4 or 5 months, I've started collecting every card of every HOFer in earnest and really enjoy writing to the elder HOFers (Chuck Bednarik, Charley Trippi, Hugh McElhenny, Stan Jones). There is such a marked difference b/t the players who played in the 40's 50's vs. the players who played even in the 60's and 70's. For the 40's / 50's sets that I collect, nearly every living player will sign through the mail if physically able to....even the HOFers. For instance, when I started to collect the 1957 Topps set, around 90 of the 154 players were alive. Of those, there are only 4 who haven't responded to my autograph request. Of those, 2 (Lou Baldacci and Eddie Bell) are either dead or not able to sign. As you start moving into the 1960's and early 70's, the % of players willing to sign drops to the 70 / 80% range and then down to the 50 / 60% range for players who played in the mid/late 70's to early 80's.

Mr. Lavelli was a true class act and will be missed. I have a package on my desk I was going to mail today with a 1990 Radnor, 1951 Bowman, 1952 Bowman Small and 1963 Stancrafy (along w/ $20).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    got my results...all passed.

14142480 0201000895 1974 TOPPS 225 BOB KUECHENBERG PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 2 Cert Printed
    14142481 0201000896 1975 TOPPS 458 KEN STABLER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7 Cert Printed
    14142482 0201000897 1980 TOPPS 459 CLAUDE HUMPHREY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 1 Cert Printed
    14142483 0201000898 1989 TOPPS 60 RICHARD DENT PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7 Cert Printed
    14142484 0291000051 1989 TOPPS TRADED 65T STEVE TASKER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9 Cert Printed
    14142485 0201000899 1998 TOPPS 155 RANDALL McDANIEL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8.5 Cert Printed
    14142486 M022000001 2004 TOPPS ALL TIME FAN FAVORITES 76 RUSS GRIMM PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7.5 Cert Printed
    14142487 0276000100 1997 STADIUM CLUB 189 CORTEZ KENNEDY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8 Cert Printed
    14142488 0892000008 1994 PRO LINE LIVE 269 JACKIE SLATER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 1 Cert Printed
    14142489 0217000117 1991 UPPER DECK 328 DERMONTTI DAWSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8 Cert Printed
    14142490 2954000004 1998 UD CHOICE STARQUEST ROOKIEQUEST BLUE SR25 KEVIN GREENE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9 Cert Printed

Kuechenberg and Humphrey I knew were bad going in. I dont know what is my deal with Slater Auto'd cards. This one I picked up at the national and there is no why that it is a 1. The Humphrey is all wrinkled and crap on the back so I can see that but unless there was something I really missed there is no way it shouldn't be a least a 7. Many of these were from UKRedskins by the way.

Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    Jay:

What service are you using? Grading the card, the graph? I just got a bunch back that only authenticated the auto. I can't add them to any registry, so now I've gotta resub them so I can start the '48 Leaf auto registry. Just wondering how to go about it. I'm pretty dense when it comes to this. I can get the darn things signed and buy good sigs, but PSA authenticated and PDA/DNA authenticated and then the grading of the card and/or autograph thing is really confusing me.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jay:

What service are you using? Grading the card, the graph? I just got a bunch back that only authenticated the auto. I can't add them to any registry, so now I've gotta resub them so I can start the '48 Leaf auto registry. Just wondering how to go about it. I'm pretty dense when it comes to this. I can get the darn things signed and buy good sigs, but PSA authenticated and PDA/DNA authenticated and then the grading of the card and/or autograph thing is really confusing me. >>

PSADNA - Blue Flip - Cant use registry. Authenticates the auto, says nothing about the authenticity or condition of the card. Can't grade card.
    PSA - Red Flip - Can Use in Registry. Authenticates the auto, authenticates the card and its condition (trimmed, not trimmed, etc). Grades the card if you want.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    Scott,

I submitt on the Regular PSA form for Card grading and Auto Authentication. I dont use PSA/DNA forms. These were submitted under last months $10 per card special.

Jay
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Jay:

What service are you using? Grading the card, the graph? I just got a bunch back that only authenticated the auto. I can't add them to any registry, so now I've gotta resub them so I can start the '48 Leaf auto registry. Just wondering how to go about it. I'm pretty dense when it comes to this. I can get the darn things signed and buy good sigs, but PSA authenticated and PDA/DNA authenticated and then the grading of the card and/or autograph thing is really confusing me. >>

PSADNA - Blue Flip - Cant use registry. Authenticates the auto, says nothing about the authenticity or condition of the card. Can't grade card.
    PSA - Red Flip - Can Use in Registry. Authenticates the auto, authenticates the card and its condition (trimmed, not trimmed, etc). Grades the card if you want. >>

I've been trying to get clarification on this from PSA/DNA and it's more than confusing. My purpose is to start and build a 1948 Leaf Football Autograph set. I've had a bunch authenticated with the blue flip. But I can't use them on the PSA/DNA registry. To use them on the PSA/DNA registry, I have to have the auto graded. That's an extra $15 or more per card PLUS another $10 per card to encapsulte them. After already laying out one set of fees under the premise that this is what was needed for the PSA/DNA registry, I'm not really up for spitting another $25+ per card just to list them on the registry.

Any suggestions anyone?
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Jay:

PSA - Red Flip - Can Use in Registry. Authenticates the auto, authenticates the card and its condition (trimmed, not trimmed, etc). Grades the card if you want. >>

I've been trying to get clarification on this from PSA/DNA and it's more than confusing. My purpose is to start and build a 1948 Leaf Football Autograph set. I've had a bunch authenticated with the blue flip. But I can't use them on the PSA/DNA registry. To use them on the PSA/DNA registry, I have to have the auto graded. That's an extra $15 or more per card PLUS another $10 per card to encapsulte them. After already laying out one set of fees under the premise that this is what was needed for the PSA/DNA registry, I'm not really up for spitting another $25+ per card just to list them on the registry.

Any suggestions anyone? >>

I don't believe you actually need an auto grade to use it in the registry, just a red flip.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options

<< <i>I don't believe you actually need an auto grade to use it in the registry, just a red flip. >>

That's the confusing part. I was told red flips cannot be used in the PSA/DNA Registry. That I needed the blue PSA/DNA flips. Now, after I get everything authenticated through PSA/DNA, I'm told that I need to also have the autographs GRADED in order to add them to the PSA/DNA Registry. Now, this wouldn't be so bad, but it's going to cost another $25+ per card PLUS s/h if I want to get things done "right." Had I been told the correct information from the get-go, I would've saved almost $20 per card, but NOOOOOOOO!

Oh, I can't use the red flips in the PSA/DNA Registry and I can't use the blue flips (if I grade them) in the PSA Registry. In the meantime, I've got a bundle of authenticated and slabbed cards in holders that I can't add to ANY Registry or to my inventory...

Maybe I should wait a few weeks. The way they've been going with this, the rules will change again...

• Options

<< <i>got my results...all passed.

14142480 0201000895 1974 TOPPS 225 BOB KUECHENBERG PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 2 Cert Printed
    14142481 0201000896 1975 TOPPS 458 KEN STABLER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7 Cert Printed
    14142482 0201000897 1980 TOPPS 459 CLAUDE HUMPHREY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 1 Cert Printed
    14142483 0201000898 1989 TOPPS 60 RICHARD DENT PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7 Cert Printed
    14142484 0291000051 1989 TOPPS TRADED 65T STEVE TASKER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9 Cert Printed
    14142485 0201000899 1998 TOPPS 155 RANDALL McDANIEL PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8.5 Cert Printed
    14142486 M022000001 2004 TOPPS ALL TIME FAN FAVORITES 76 RUSS GRIMM PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 7.5 Cert Printed
    14142487 0276000100 1997 STADIUM CLUB 189 CORTEZ KENNEDY PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8 Cert Printed
    14142488 0892000008 1994 PRO LINE LIVE 269 JACKIE SLATER PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 1 Cert Printed
    14142489 0217000117 1991 UPPER DECK 328 DERMONTTI DAWSON PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 8 Cert Printed
    14142490 2954000004 1998 UD CHOICE STARQUEST ROOKIEQUEST BLUE SR25 KEVIN GREENE PSA/DNA CERTIFIED 9 Cert Printed

Kuechenberg and Humphrey I knew were bad going in. I dont know what is my deal with Slater Auto'd cards. This one I picked up at the national and there is no why that it is a 1. The Humphrey is all wrinkled and crap on the back so I can see that but unless there was something I really missed there is no way it shouldn't be a least a 7. Many of these were from UKRedskins by the way. >>

Jay,

Great cards - thanks for sharing your grades. By the way, I'll send a request to PSA to update the future HOF auto set once the additions to the regular card set have been confirmed and the class of 2009 has been announced.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't believe you actually need an auto grade to use it in the registry, just a red flip. >>

That's the confusing part. I was told red flips cannot be used in the PSA/DNA Registry. That I needed the blue PSA/DNA flips. Now, after I get everything authenticated through PSA/DNA, I'm told that I need to also have the autographs GRADED in order to add them to the PSA/DNA Registry. Now, this wouldn't be so bad, but it's going to cost another $25+ per card PLUS s/h if I want to get things done "right." Had I been told the correct information from the get-go, I would've saved almost $20 per card, but NOOOOOOOO!

Oh, I can't use the red flips in the PSA/DNA Registry and I can't use the blue flips (if I grade them) in the PSA Registry. In the meantime, I've got a bundle of authenticated and slabbed cards in holders that I can't add to ANY Registry or to my inventory...

Maybe I should wait a few weeks. The way they've been going with this, the rules will change again... >>

I really don't understand why PSA has blue and red flips. PSA says they can't add blue flips to registry sets, however they can as I've successfully fought to have several cards added to my sets (Greasy neale to my HOF set and Les Horvath to my Heisman set come to mind).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options

<< <i>nice that you have one. but i am asking about PSA/DNA. what happens if you send them an auto of someone that they have never seen before? lets say paul ott carruth?? would they slab it or just say that they have no clue about the authenticity??? >>

I understand what you were asking, just thought it funny.

Ps. The autograph is not mine. It is a good friends. You can see his web site with some other nice items (mac speedie, sinkwich) among others...at

Mel's Autographs

• Options

<< <i>From Mis-cut to PSA 10???
    Unbelieveable.
    Glad it worked out Greg. Congrats! >>

Frank,

Thanks - I'm just thankful I caught it before they mailed the order back.

Where have you been lately? You've been awfully quiet. I've had an e-mail in draft form to you for 3 weeks now..lol. I'll send it soon.

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Where have you been lately?

Oh, I've been around. My pre- News Year resolution was to get organized this year. (Okay guys, I hear the laughter through the computerimage

But I decided to really get serious about it and the only way to do it is to stop my buying and concentrate on organizing my dupes and than selling. I'll offer the cards here first to board members and than Ebay those that don't sell.
  • Options
    Hello Jim,
    I just visited your friend Mel's website. I REALLY wish that I had the computer smarts to have a website like Mel and yourself have. You both have REALLY great collections, and REALLY great websites to show / share your autographs. You both should be VERY proud of what you have. Also Jim, I never got back to you about making sure that I knew about the Joe Carr autograph. I was aware that it was going to auction, ( I am registered on that auction site ) but I also knew that the price of that lot would get very high very quickly, and in that respect, I have not been disappointed. I had an early bid in, but have since been blown out of the water, and I know that it will probably end up 3x where it is now. I am actively bidding on 3 other lots in that auction, and hope to win 1 or 2 of them, especially the one with the Lambeau.
    Rocke
  • Options
    I just received my first order back from PSit!).A - attached below are the scans. The Ken Houston isn't mine (which is too bad because I really like it!).

Rgs,

Greg M.

References:
  • Options
    Oh, I've been around. My pre- News Year resolution was to get organized this year. (Okay guys, I hear the laughter through the computerimage

I am not laughing! Believe it or not I am trying to clean up as well!

Todd
  • Options
    I am not laughing! Believe it or not I am trying to clean up as well!

It's a long running joke between myself and greg and a few other board members. I get proposed trades and offers to buy my dupes, but can't do them because so much of my stuff is in storage.

Good luck with your organizing Todd. I'm starting to find that selling my excess inventory is quite liberating.