Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Thanks to John Nanney's Discovery, 2008 ASE's with 2007 reverse going through the roof

Comments

• Options

This one was a "no brainer"

After the latest tide of non first strikes that are just hitting the market get sucked up, watch out!

jmho
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This one was a "no brainer"

After the latest tide of non first strikes that are just hitting the market get sucked up, watch out!

jmho
    image >>

Wow..crc-1 added 16 NGC Ms-70s !!!!!! He is turning out to be the biggest seller of the 2008/07s ....58 2008/07s added today alone
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The naysayers have been consistently wrong on this wildcat.

This is the last chance to pluck them at <$500. Once this bubble passes, they will reach new highs.

We know by past performance, these are LIMITED.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>TextThis is the last chance to pluck them at <$500 >>

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy them everyone here should buy more, these are going to go up, I do not think 47,000 made it out.

Does anyone remember how many 55 Double dies got out in the 50's compared to how many are out there today?

Oops, I mean what did the mint say back then and what actually happened?
  • Options

<< <i>TextBuy them everyone here should buy more >>

I agree with you but which one should we be buying?

PCGS FS MS69
    PCGS MS69
    NGC ER MS69
    NGC ER MS70
    or
    The RAW ones?
  • Options
    IMHO, the ones to target at those most limited. The NGC69 ER's are very finite. Can't get that label again. Same for PCGS FS.

Can't believe anyone would pay the same for a non-ER/FS if there is a choice, and NOW there is. Many of the raws have been cherried already, so that's a chance.

The 70's are holding well. Find a lowball and BUY.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options

<< <i>Many of the raws have been cherried already, >>

.....and sold multiple times. These are the one's prime for a drop in price. The ER/FS is the finite group and will only appreciate in price. The regular 70's will do fine and the regular 69's are are anybody's guess
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,483 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>IMHO, the ones to target at those most limited. The NGC69 ER's are very finite. Can't get that label again. Same for PCGS FS. >>

Not true, there are still plenty of sealed mint boxes out there. Granted that's a crap shoot but these things started out as a crap shoot.

I'd be very cautious of telling anybody to buy them while they are at $500 each because if a buyer loses his/her shirt, you definitely won't be at the top of his/her popularity list.

Judging when this wave starts to come down will be difficult to do but it will eventually stop.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The naysayers have been consistently wrong on this wildcat.

This is the last chance to pluck them at <$500. Once this bubble passes, they will reach new highs.

We know by past performance, these are LIMITED. >>

PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    295 auctions
    -69 105/295 35.6%
    -70 83/295 28.1
    Other 107/295 36.3
  • Options
    seatedcoinsseatedcoins Posts: 1,096
    + 1
    Trustworthy BST sellers: cucamongacoin
  • Options
    You guys are putting too many coins at on time on eBay. You all in an extreme hurry to get your money or something?

• Options
    mach19mach19 Posts: 4,002 ✭✭

<< <i>This one was a "no brainer"

jmho
    image >>

This is a UNDERSTATEMENT image Buy them now while the market is somewhat flooded image
    TIN SOLDIERS & NIXON COMING image
  • Options
    Present count 313 auctions.
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    The demand supply situation in the 2008 SAE with 07 reverse seems like basic economics.

Prices have increased almost exponentially the last few weeks.

High prices bring out supply. We will see if the demand remains greater than the supply. From messages in this thread, a number of members have small hoards. Perhaps they are now beginning to sell some of them.
  • Options
    Did the mint make a typo and it was 74000 made a lot od the new listings are for 10 - 20 coins each dutch
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
  • Options
    Either there are more than expected or those who have a hoard of them want to dump them for some reason! Is it they do not have faith in the coin!

What if it is the lowest Silver Eagle of all time and that includes the 95W Proof...according to PCGS the 95W in PR70 is valued at 35K!

So you guys gonna give your coins away?
  • Options
    imageimage Roadgold.
  • Options

<< <i>So you guys gonna give your coins away? >>

Not if you have faith in the facts. 47K Thats All Folks! Maybe even less .image
  • Options
    HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    We are holding our 2008/07 ASE coins for future appreciation. That said, this 2008/07 Ebay market reminds me of the first few months of 2005 and the WI Extra Leaf Quarters. Prices went up as though there were no ceiling. This Ebay price manipulation peeked in early 2006. Now, WI varieties are at a low price level and still seem to be drifting lower. They have no sponsorship anymore. IMHO. With the ASE's coins if you cash out too soon, you will probably regret doing so. But after several months and the Mint creating another Error coin, collectors and speculators will move on to a different Rare Error coin. I am trying to learn not to be greedy but remain informed. That is what this Forum thread is providing to all of us. Many Thanks, Mark.
    Specialized Investments
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first time I got two dollars for one dollar, I knew this hobby was strange, but I like it image
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are putting too many coins at on time on eBay. You all in an extreme hurry to get your money or something?

So true, it cause the whole lot to come down in price at least for now, this a great buyuing opportunity, the sellers will wish they had not sold them later though.
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    I haven't purchased any of these since really early on around the $200 range.

I just decided to pick up 2 more NGC 69's ER for around $500 each.

I DO plan on flipping these sometime in the the next few months at the right time.
    I think they are still going to go higher.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    Does anyone have access to earlier mint production numbers for the 2008 W Unc Eagles? See example below from David C. Harper, Numismatic News.

I have the production data for 5/27 & 5/18/08, but I'd like to see the data from 3/17/08 so that I can trend the mint's production of the 2008W SAE.

If you can help, please post the "Compiled" date with the production in this topic (or via PM) - thank you.
  • Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭
    I sold 6 at the Long Beach show, $450 each.
    Four of them wouldn't have even graded.
    I'm happy with money in the bank!
    I put my two best coins away for prosperity.
  • Options
    Here's a great deal...

MS68
    Completed BS&T Deals

halfnut X3, Dabigkahuna, Kaelasdad, LALASD4, harvey85422458,
    fivecents, Coll3ctor, cucamongacoin, Becoka
  • Options
    what are the current population reports for PCGS non FS ?
    Why do you have to 'put your two cents in'... but it's only a 'penny for your thoughts'? Where's that extra penny going to?
  • Options
    MS-68: 3
    MS-69: 225
    MS-70: 15
    Completed BS&T Deals

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    That's not many folks. Add 137 -70's and 1240 -69's for first strike. Put these things away for a while and see the price skyrocket.
  • Options

<< <i>That's not many folks. Add 137 -70's and 1240 -69's for first strike. Put these things away for a while and see the price skyrocket. >>

Sell

Hold

Sell

Hold

Coins

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's not many folks. Add 137 -70's and 1240 -69's for first strike. Put these things away for a while and see the price skyrocket. >>

If the 2006 20th Gold anniv set is a guide.... prices indeed will make another run at the previous highs
  • Options

BUY
  • Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    This lull in prices is way over due.

I thought this would have happened last week.

These have seen huge gains as everyone knows.
    It is just natural for some profit taking.

A lot of these coins were sold and bought in the $200 graded and raw price and add to that the fact that most of the coins graded have been returned to the submitters.

If you have a strong spirit this may be the time to buy.
    The number of auctions have just crossed 300, when they drop back down to the 220 or lower range and I think they will in about a week the price will climb again.

As some have mentioned keep an eye out for PCGS FS at a good price. These will lead the way in the coming advances.

I do not think this is the end by no means and am buying (raw) at a good price.

DISCLAIMER: I was fortunate to get 5 from the Mint and am using those proceeds to further speculate.

Joe

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

with the disclaimer....! :-)
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's a great deal...

MS68 >>

Wouldn't that one be worth more cracked out & placed in OGP?

Regards, John
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options
    The only other two MS68 sold for $485 and $500 just days ago.
    Completed BS&T Deals

• Options

<< <i>Either there are more than expected or those who have a hoard of them want to dump them for some reason! Is it they do not have faith in the coin!

What if it is the lowest Silver Eagle of all time and that includes the 95W Proof...according to PCGS the 95W in PR70 is valued at 35K!

So you guys gonna give your coins away? >>

The 1995-W Proof is a pop one coin with 1165 graded PR69DCAM.

PCGS MS70's number over 150 for the 08/07 with upwards of 1,465 in MS69 at PCGS Alone.

No comparison here just a huge buying wave.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Wow!

Was this a good deal or what?

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Wow!

Was this a good deal or what? >>

I am confused, that doesn't say it is a reverse of 07 and the picture is too blurry to tell that it is, why the good deal comment?
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Either there are more than expected or those who have a hoard of them want to dump them for some reason! Is it they do not have faith in the coin!

So you guys gonna give your coins away? >>

The 1995-W Proof is a pop one coin with 1165 graded PR69DCAM.

PCGS MS70's number over 150 for the 08/07 with upwards of 1,465 in MS69 at PCGS Alone.

No comparison here just a huge buying wave. >>

The comparison is the low numbers, not the graded population, ASE have simply been made differently with better QC resulting in better grades than back in 95.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow!

I am confused, that doesn't say it is a reverse of 07 and the picture is too blurry to tell that it is, why the good deal comment? >>

That's pretty cheap for an NGC MS70 Eagle. I think $100 or a little more is the norm.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow!

I am confused, that doesn't say it is a reverse of 07 and the picture is too blurry to tell that it is, why the good deal comment? >>

Simple!

With all the hoopla over the 08/07 SAE's this NGC Early Release went for less than $75! I don;t think I've ever seen an MS70 anything go for less than $75!

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    I was just curious, I thought maybe there was some diagnostic I was missing and it was an 07 Reverse. I think I only paid 80 bucks or so for my NGC 70 Marines Commem coin, that's why I wasn't sure.
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Get ready for the big increase in prices!
  • Options
    Yup, today was QUITE subdued compared to the burst of yesterday. Very little new stock showed up as expected. The bargains are being picked off, one-by-one...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow!

Simple!

With all the hoopla over the 08/07 SAE's this NGC Early Release went for less than $75! I don;t think I've ever seen an MS70 anything go for less than $75! >>

This NGC ms70 eagle went for $57.88, I thought that was a great deal for someone. Ebay item #160243453918
    Positive:
    BST Transactions: DonnyJf, MrOrganic, Justanothercoinaddict, Fivecents, Slq, Jdimmick,
    Robb, Tee135, Ibzman350, Mercfan, Outhaul, Erickso1, Cugamongacoins, Indiananationals, Wayne Herndon

Negative BST Transactions:
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow!

Simple!

With all the hoopla over the 08/07 SAE's this NGC Early Release went for less than $75! I don;t think I've ever seen an MS70 anything go for less than $75! >>

This NGC ms70 eagle went for $57.88, I thought that was a great deal for someone. Ebay item #160243453918 >>

Ive been meaning to check these out myself, I think I'll try to steal one soon. Do you guys think the regular issue should climb as well once people actually start looking at it? It's probably a great buy in the $60-$80 range. Although, maybe I should check out the 18 or so regular 08's I have before I buy one already slabbed!

Oops, I forgot, I already sent in a couple 08 W's with my complimentary submission! Hope they come back 70 image
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    280 auctions
    -69 97/280 34.6%
    -70 78/280 27.9
    Other 105/280 37.5

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file