Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• << <i>Random Starbucks card. LOL. No, that is pretty cool though. I bet you know one else has a Starbucks card signed by Bo Jackson. image >>

Indeed it may be one of a kind in that regard. You just know it was one of those "Holy crap, that is Bo Jackson! Quick, give me SOMETHING to have him sign!" moments. I got it for under $20.00 delivered (the minimum opening bid) which seemed like a bargain for a PSA authenticated signature of just about anyone. I think it goes pretty nice with a couple other oddball Bo autos, my Kenner Starting Line-Up autographed rookie baseball and football figures MIB. Oddball stuff rocks and can often times be had for a fraction of their more mainstream counterparts.

Snorto~

• << <i>Indeed it may be one of a kind in that regard. You just know it was one of those "Holy crap, that is Bo Jackson! Quick, give me SOMETHING to have him sign!" moments. I got it for under $20.00 delivered (the minimum opening bid) which seemed like a bargain for a PSA authenticated signature of just about anyone. I think it goes pretty nice with a couple other oddball Bo autos, my Kenner Starting Line-Up autographed rookie baseball and football figures MIB. Oddball stuff rocks and can often times be had for a fraction of their more mainstream counterparts.

Snorto~ >>

You should get it slabbed by PSA/DNA! It would look pretty cool... image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • A couple of nice things -- the Tiger is up for bid - and the Favre will be off to be verified

imageimage

CavalierCards Ebay Store

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

not sure where you acquired that, but I have my doubts about the authenticity of that. Looks very different to one I have IP and from most of them on eBay.

>>

I had my doubts too, which is why i spent $7 on a psa quick opinion prior to bidding. The seller is also a respectible seller. Was signed 13 years ago. By the time i get it slabbed, it will be a $100 card....but will look nice among my other sweet auto psa/dna rookie cards.

I have about 15 of them now from the 80's-90's....here's a few
    >>

I really like your collection there! Would you mind posting the rest of your collection?
  • Nice Wood...I mean Woods...Tiger Woods...image it... LOL
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    I've had the card for 33 years. I just got the auto today.

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I really like your collection there! Would you mind posting the rest of your collection? >>

Please note, this is the mail call thread. If you want to post your collection, we have an appropriate thread here.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

The Forum Police
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • image[/IMG]

Just opened my mail.
    Brian
  • rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    mineimage getting closer to 7th
  • RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    Got these 4 in today... They are the first 4 cards I have in hand for my personal collection.
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    What seems like a thousand years, I've finally bought something that was a little more then $3.

A few more rookies for my Patriots collection.

• Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    [double post]
  • ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Here are the first two installments of a HOF "set" I'm starting in which I'm selecting a favorite card of each HOF'er...

imageimage

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    mineimage getting closer to 7th >>

Is that the Larry Craig who's an Idaho Congressman (among other things) image

Steve
  • Picked up this Feller on eBay last week and it arrived today. It is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Nice centering, nice corners and the most amazing gloss that you will ever see. Looks like it could be a 7 on any given day. I think I just may sleep with it tonight.

• Just received this today, back from PSA:

Successful purchases: Lawnmowerman(2), Wabittwax, mkg809, thePlasticman

Successful sales: xphunk, vjsteele4, onefasttalon, five7teen, yankeeno7

Successful trades: mijang

Generous Souls: MBMiler25, DES1984
  • cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Amazing Feller, David! That is what I strive for in my collection and fall short of every time. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that the Larry Craig who's an Idaho Congressman (among other things) >>

Hard to tell from this image if he has a wide stance...
    haaaaa-no this one is dead -the other craig,is he the one that flipped his wang over the batheroom stall and got busted image

• << <i>Picked up this Feller on eBay last week and it arrived today. It is one of the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. Nice centering, nice corners and the most amazing gloss that you will ever see. Looks like it could be a 7 on any given day. I think I just may sleep with it tonight.

image >>

That's an amazing card! I almost won his 49 Bow the other day.... it's EXPENSIVE!!

• << <i>haaaaa-no this one is dead >>

i was just checking out your set, I about crapped myself when i saw all the "NOHIGHER"s and the "filler" comments, then i saw this gem-

140 JIM WHITE 5 8 41 HHHHHAAA!!

My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • I think I just may sleep with it tonight.

Larry Craig would like to sleep with Bob Feller.
  • A couple more to add to my growing 80s - 90s ROOKIE psa dna collection...

• i know its baseball, but in light of tomlinson's additional nfl records broken...i felt he deserved a little respect...

exquisite patch auto #/10
    <140 JIM WHITE 5 8 41 HHHHHAAA!!>

yeah andy jim white is the toughest one out of the whole set to find and the least graded ,it too me 6 months to find that one raw, i was happy with just a 5, tons of people still need it, good luck haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-funny thing is- i looked last week ,and reesetold me there was 16 50 bowman autos slabbed in blue flip on, i needed 12 of em for my auto set,and one of em was white!!!!!!!! its back in the thread somewhere 5 or 6 pages
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A new addition to my MVP winner set...

John "Boog" Powell (Bal) - 1970 AL MVP
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Nice new addition digicat!

That must be a tough set as far as grading goes because of those borders huh?

<< <i>Nice new addition digicat!

That must be a tough set as far as grading goes because of those borders huh?
    >>

62s are pretty cards, but its tough to find nm+ raw ones in the wild, especially the ones with the dark wood borders.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That Feller is AWESOME!
    I was pretty excited to get this in the mail the other day...

It's McCovey's MVP year, but beyond that, it completes my Willie Mac basic set! I'll upgrade the 6 and the 7s eventually.

• cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Not a card but a nice autographed 8x10. I'm a life long Cardinals fan and recently became interested in the Brooklyn Dodgers. This is the one of the only pictures of Dodger great Preacher Roe in his Cardinals uniform.

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Just snagged this on eBay for hopes at a crack and resub. It's the best centered 9 I've ever seen of this card. Crossing fingers that it looks how I'm hoping when it shows it's face on my doorstep. If not, can't be too disappointed with $15 for this card in a 9.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Just got this in the mail today. Ebay purchase from a couple of weeks ago.

• zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just snagged this on eBay for hopes at a crack and resub. It's the best centered 9 I've ever seen of this card. Crossing fingers that it looks how I'm hoping when it shows it's face on my doorstep. If not, can't be too disappointed with $15 for this card in a 9.
    image >>

Nice Thomas

I lived in Orleans and went to a lot games the season he was here (88 or 89?) The local card shop had a ton of these Cape Cod sets (I think they got in trouble with MLB and had to stop making them)
    Wish I picked some up back then.

You could tell back then he was going places. He dwarfed everyone on the field.

• << <i>It's McCovey's MVP year, but beyond that, it completes my Willie Mac basic set! I'll upgrade the 6 and the 7s eventually. >>

congrats!
  • kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Cwazzy - love that Preacher Roe. I like the classic look.

Joe
    Zep,

If you look in his high school yearbooks, he was dwarfing them back then too. Huge man.

As for snagging those Cape Cod sets...I know what you mean...only 4 Thomas PSA 10s.

I'm having the toughest time locating his first baseball card. It was produced for Auburn University by the local Police Department in 1987. It's an 18 card set featuring he, Bo Jackson, and 16 other Tigers from various sports. I really, really, really want to find one, but I've been very unsuccessful...and it is said that 5000 sets were produced. You'd think more would make their way from the woodwork.

His 1990 Coca-Cola White Sox team set card is also tough to find. I need both of these raw (not to mention in PSA 10 to complete my Rookie/Minor League master set).
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭
    Forgot to post these last week, here you go!

Edit- Some scans aren't too great.
  • Reese3333Reese3333 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭
    Gonblott,

That Clemente is amazing!!

Reese
    Collecting the following autographed sets:
    HOF RC Auto Set
    1955 Topps Football AA
    1950 Bowman Football
    1951 Bowman Football
    1952 Bowman Football

ebay user- Jolt333
    Please be sure to check out my auctions!
  • GonblottGonblott Posts: 1,951 ✭✭

<< <i>Gonblott,

That Clemente is amazing!!

Reese >>

Thanks. =P
  • BunchOBull,

Can you tell me what you know about the set that Cape Cod League Thomas came from? I spent every summer of my life from 1970 to 1985 with my grandmother in South Orleans and would love to find some Cape League cards.

Thanks!
    Fibonacci,

It's a thirty card set with the likes of Thomas, Bagwell, Mo Vaughn, Chuck Knoblauch, et al. Number 22 is an Orleans team photo, as a player collector, it's a want; however, it's all but impossible to locate without purchasing a complete set. Cape Cod League is an "All-Star" league of sorts for college players to play during the summer. There is another Cape Cod Set called P&L. As for who printed the set? I have no clue, "Ballpark" no doubt, whomever that may be. Here's the Ballpark checklist:

1 Tom Drell
    2 Mark Patrick Johnson
    3 James Jones
    4 Jeff Bagwell
    5 Bob Gralewski
    6 Dennis Burbank
    7 Brian Shabosky
    8 Jeff Litzinger
    9 Thomas Raffo
    10 Bob Kiser
    11 John Valentin
    12 Kevin Morton
    13 Jesse Levis
    14 Frank Thomas
    15 Chuck Knoblauch
    16 Mo Vaughn
    17 Mike Mordecai
    18 Stephen P. O'Donnell
    19 Harry Ball
    20 Brian Turang
    21 Brewster Whitecaps
    22 Orleans Cardinals
    23 Chatham A's
    24 Cotuit Ketleers
    25 Wareham Gateman
    26 Bourne Braves
    27 Falmouth Commodores
    28 Yarmouth-Dennis White Sox
    29 Harwich Mariners
    30 Hyannis Mets
  • GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's McCovey's MVP year, but beyond that, it completes my Willie Mac basic set! >>

That's a wonderful set. The 62 and 63 are gorgeous image
    Got these two today... card #5 and #6 of my personal collection. Just started two weeks ago.
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • The Feller was an eBay purchase and the Snider I just got back from PSA

That is one AWESOME williams image