Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to disappoint Perk.

I just dropped a couple hundred on that Musial, so I'm taking a small break.

Although there's a Cecil Hughson PSA 8 ($150.00 SMR) ending tomorrow on Feebay that I'm interested in.

Keep your eyes open :-)
  • Options
    Raw 1970 Topps for my set. Purchased at my favorite card shop.

Robert
  • Options
    Nice raw pick-ups Goodsport40!

I love that Roseboro card... he looks like he's confused, lol.
  • Options
    Thanks. I think he wondered where his Dodger uniform was!

Robert
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    +7001!!!!!!!!!!!
    yf
    randy

MERRY CHRISTMAS MIKEimage
  • Options
    with all the bobby laynes on, i just got mine today, happy dance]image
  • Options
    Nice pick-up Randy.

• Options
    that 54/144 so far, ill get em all got most of the stars, need the commons got my 12 in the mail today, did happy dance image
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Kids are gettin' nuthin' for Christmas now! image

Wondo

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Awesome card, Wondo! Presents for kids are overrated anyway. As long as you get something nice with the money you would have spent on them. Sometimes they just have to make sacrifices. image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭✭
    The amazing Wondo strikes again!
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The amazing Wondo strikes again! >>

Matt,

Thanks! That completes my Penn State players in the Baseball Hall of Fame set (at one). image
    Wondo

• Options
    jjwormjjworm Posts: 196 ✭✭
    I know it's not a sports card, but who doesn't like a perfect looking lady!!!

Collecting:

- Post War baseball HOF RC's
    - 1980's unopened baseball
    - All Mutoscope and American Beauties

• Options
    Sweet, but what does she look like nowadays?.. Wondo, sensational OJ. Congrats

• Options
    dunno ladder,but... i want to touch itimage
    i am now a 1945 artist pinup fan for life
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>I know it's not a sports card, but who doesn't like a perfect looking lady!!!

image >>

MOM!?!?!?! image

Chris
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    My first two cards added to my newfound mission of building this set:

ONLY 95 to GO!!!! LOL
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Ryan! That Wistert card is great!
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice Ryan! That Wistert card is great! >>

thanks.......my scanner stinks..my old scanner and computer was fried in a storm...so I had to buy new ones..the new scanner always makes blurry pics for some reason. The cards are so much nicer in person...not sure why only 6's,. but oh well SGC is pretty tough.

Paul, you have to change you perkies picture...my eyes are are like magnets to it! Everytime my wife walks by the computer she smacks me!
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Another addition to the seemingly endless ROY collection...

Tommie Agee - 1966 AL ROY
    Though his major league debut was as a 19 year old in 1962, he didn't play his first full season until 1966 as a member of the White Sox in 1966, where he enjoyed an All Star season marked with a solid display of speed and power (44 stolen bases, 22 home runs). Along with the RoY award, he also earned a Gold Glove for his defensive expertise in center field.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Picked up the Matty a while ago. Found the football card this weekend. I dont collect football but thought is was cool.

• Options
    imageimage
  • Options
    Sorry Ryan but the Perkies are STAYIN! Tell your Wife Im sorry and no offense image
  • Options
    Go Artist Pinups!!

Gives new meaning to "looking a card over".

Who needs Jessica Alba or Scarlett Johansson...
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    What year is that Peavy card? I've never seen it before.

Thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

<< <i>Picked up the Matty a while ago. Found the football card this weekend. I dont collect football but thought is was cool.

image >>

That Matty is very nice image
  • Options

<< <i>Picked up the Matty a while ago. Found the football card this weekend. I dont collect football but thought is was cool.

image >>

Tone, that football card IS cool... can anyone ID it? I would like to check out the set myself.

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image

Thanks

mathew >>

2001 Topps Fusion ROOKIE auto
  • Options
    Two More...

imageimage
  • Options
    wheel and deal with care4me, i need more stuff image
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭
    Ok, I hope you guys don't get mad and my post...but it's been a VERY good few weeks for me. Three different eBay sellers have listed a TON of great Will Clark cards. I picked up quite a few, but not nearly all that I wanted. Anyway, here the are...

The Prime Patches are /5, /25, /5 and /5. The Notable Nicknames are /100 and /10. The "88" is from the jersey's year tag, meaning this was from Will's 1988 season, in which he led the NL in RBIs and came in fifth in the MVP vote...

Playoff Honors /25; Absolute Memorabilia /100; Legendary Cuts /50; Passing the Torch /15; Donruss Signature Series /100

Leaf Trademarks /50; Legendary Signatures /199; Certified Cuts /8; Legendary Cuts /92; Sweet Spot /199; USA /60; Immortal Inscriptions 99/99

Sweet Threads Patch /35; America's Pasttime /75; Passing the Torch /50 (with McCovey jersey on back)

Legendary Materials /199; Trademarks Jersey /50; Champions Patch /73

Tough Parallels:

Tough Parallels:

Tough Parallels:
  • Options
    ToneDToneD Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
    Snorto, I was hoping someone here could offer some insight as well. The guy I bought it from said it is pre 1910 since it shows an oversized ball as well as the nose protector. But that was all he could tell me. He did say that pictures showing the nose protector was not very common but I dont know if that is true or not. I thought that alone was cool. No helmets for these guys!!

• Options
    now that is a bunch of will'simage he was my fave player back in the day,him and boggs,i think i have will clark porcelain statue thing around here somewhere,it was cool looking, ill have to see what it is , now im curiousimage
  • Options
    Woah! That's a lot of Wills! LOL. I love the Sweet Spot auto card by the way. image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb
  • Options
    A friend of mine back in 1990 use to be a huge Will Clark fan. Honestly, I havent seen that many Will Clarks since those days.

In my mind, I link up Clark, Mattingly, Sandberg, Ripken and a few others as the ambassadors of "real baseball", before Bonds, Rafi Palmerio and this tainted era.
  • Options
    Drew, your collection is awsome! I really enjoyed your webpages as well. Keep up the good work.

Robert
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased these:

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭
    2 more Steeler rookies autos.

imageimage
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

not sure where you acquired that, but I have my doubts about the authenticity of that. Looks very different to one I have IP and from most of them on eBay.

From eBay, and matches my IP.
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    This thread was bordering on page 4... I will use that for an excuse to post my lousy scan of a couple of my nicer pick ups that arrived this week:

- A beater for my low grade PSA 1935 National Chicle set.
    - A HOFer for my mid grade PSA 1950 Bowman set.
    - A HOFer for my mid grade PSA 1948 Leaf set.

Have a great weekend all!

Snorto~
  • Options
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the huge post...figured I'd share a few recent pickups...the first I'm very proud of...

1998 Score Select 5 Star Bonus #'d 48/50 - this is the only known non-sample version of a card from the bankruptcy releases that weren't destroyed. All other cards from the Score bankruptcy that survived tend to be numbered 00/00. I guess about 10 of these Thomas cards have sold in the last decade, but I'm sure all 50 exist.

'96 Leaf Signature Jumbo auto...a sweet pickup for $10.

'96 CC You Crash the Game Gold Redemption (wood card)...not the easiest issue to come by.

Finally, five (5) 1992 Topps Triple Headers, featuring Ventura, Fisk, and Thomas. All are complete and in nice shape, including the candy packets they were issued with. I still have the one I purchased when I was 9, but I ate the candy and wanted more complete examples.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image >>

not sure where you acquired that, but I have my doubts about the authenticity of that. Looks very different to one I have IP and from most of them on eBay.

>>

I had my doubts too, which is why i spent $7 on a psa quick opinion prior to bidding. The seller is also a respectible seller. Was signed 13 years ago. By the time i get it slabbed, it will be a $100 card....but will look nice among my other sweet auto psa/dna rookie cards.

I have about 15 of them now from the 80's-90's....here's a few

• Options
    The card that looked furthest from how their current auto looks is randy johnson's rookie year auto. If you look closely though, you can see how his auto transformed from then to now.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Here's an early Thomas example.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    AJW, very impressive run of Clark rarities to say the least. You must have one of the nicest player sets going with some of those low numbered autos.

BoB, a very sweet score on that Big Hurt sig for a mere 10 spot.

BDB, awesome Joe "The Jet" Perry... although, again, it is a Topps. One more and I am asking Carol to make you change your name.

It was an INCREDIBLE mail day for me with a wide variety of stuff following some vintage scores from yesterday I posted previously.

First up, some vintage highlights including another HOFer for my Leaf set, the last card of the 1950 Bowman set (with the usual premium associated with first & last cards in vintage sets), and a HOFer 1950 Bowman. I need a higher grade Motley for my set, but I thought the PSA 3 was a bargain for the price as a single.

Next up, some oddball stuff, a still factory sealed series of 1971 Mattel Instant Replay mini-records including the big single of the set, Joe Namath. I picked up this gem for less than the Namath alone books for. In addition to these 8 mini-records, there is another binder with Gale Sayers, John Brodie, Bob Hayes, Merlin Oslen, O.J. Simpson, Daryle Lamonica, John Mackey, and Dick Butkus. The complete 17 mini-record set is complete with a Bart Starr that came with the Instant Replay record player itself. Mattel also produced mini-records for baseball, basketball, and other subjects. These are pretty cool and surprisingly affordable for those interested in checking them out.

Lastly, I threw in a couple of single mini-records along with a standard size card to give those interested a better look at them and give some context to size. Included in this scan an Emmitt Smith show worn tutu for my blossoming "Run With History" collection and a PSA authenticated Starbucks gift card signed by one of the baddest men to even don the shoulder pads, Mr. Bo Jackson.

Alas, no mail on Sundays... but I don't mind so much during football season. Enjoy!

Snorto~
  • Options

<< <i>Lastly, I threw in a couple of single mini-records along with a standard size card to give those interested a better look at them and give some context to size. Included in this scan an Emmitt Smith show worn tutu for my blossoming "Run With History" collection and a PSA authenticated Starbucks gift card signed by one of the baddest men to even don the shoulder pads, Mr. Bo Jackson.

image >>

Random Starbucks card. LOL. No, that is pretty cool though. I bet you know one else has a Starbucks card signed by Bo Jackson. image
    PAVEL BURE "THE RUSSIAN ROCKET"

I am looking for ANY Pavel Bure cards you might be willing to sell off. Please just send me a PM if you do. Thanks!!

Successful Transactions with: bigfische, BobaFett72, Karb