Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2007 Allen and Ginter

Comments

• kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Likewise, my 10 hobby packs produced a Cashman GU (really, game used?), a no number (regular), a mini Mantle and an Emperor. Maybe I should just stick with individual packs.
    IWTDMBII
  • JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 521 ✭✭
    I bought a box at the Nationals ($99...just about everywhere there) pulled two autos (Granderson and Markakis) a mini Mantle, an emperor, couple Jack the Rippers, and two black border minis with no number. Some other neat cards, an Adu mini, a Laila Ali, couple flags, Frazier, etc... I was satisfied.
  • blue227blue227 Posts: 185 ✭✭
    Did anyone else notice that people have been selling the Perez sketch cards as 1/1's on eBay when ALL the Perez cards were printed like that. There are quite a few people paying @ $30-$60 for a regular card who aren't going to be very happy when they realize what happened.

• << <i>Did anyone else notice that people have been selling the Perez sketch cards as 1/1's on eBay when ALL the Perez cards were printed like that. There are quite a few people paying @ $30-$60 for a regular card who aren't going to be very happy when they realize what happened. >>

I just wrote an "open letter to Topps" on another forum thanking them for making it easy for donkeyholes to rip off the casual collector on ebay with the Perez thing...

What the fudge?
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
    Yeah, I feel like I'm dissing a friend here, but I think with what has become an extremely profitable and exciting product for Topps that they are dicking around and I'm not sure it's not all unintentional. I can't believe that not airbrushing out the 1/1 on the insert cards was an oversight. One could mark it down to poor QC, but it generates interest.

I really like this product and it has drummed up lots of interest, but Topps (really, all card companies) just choke their successes to death some times. Anybody notice how depressed the A&G set prices were after all the dust settled last year? SPs will really not mean all that much with how much product they are dumping onto the market. If the no numbered black is last year's no number, there doesn't seem to be any way they are SP to /50. I may be wrong, but there is a ton of them out on the bay. Maybe they are.

This being said, it's really hard to focus on this set and go after specific subsets. I've picked up a few autos for what I hope is a cheap price (some of the /200) and will sit on them. Seems like when the production run is extended, the things that remain the same and seem to be desirable are the items that remain constant; the no numbers and bazooka backs. Just don't think I should start something that will prove to be really expensive to complete.

Jumping off my soapbox.
    IWTDMBII
  • stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭
    My case pulls:

Autos: Audie Garrido, Maicerm Izturis, Alex Rodriguez

Rip: Adam Dunn 47/95 -- > 376 Felix Hernandez

Bazooka: Curtis Granderson 7/25

1 snake

6 emperors

24 flags

3 regular mini no #

15 black mini no #

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    If anyone wants to move their autos and mini's let me know.

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Well after being stuck on the couch for only a week the cabin fever got the better of me and I made the wife drive me the 25 miles or so to the card shop, I didn't really plan on buying any cards as the are always way over priced and I have two cases coming at some point. The shop did of course have some A&G, but at $6.50 a pack I could only bring myself to buy 5 packs which of course yielded virtually nothing:

1 -sp
    1 - A&G Back
    3 - Minis
    1- Flag

But on a positive note, I stopped by Walmart just in case retail was out early and they had 6 blasters, needles to say I bought all six and will post as I rip each blaster.
  • Blaster 1:

4- SP's
    3 - Perez
    1- Arod Road to 500
    1- Flag
    4 - minis
    1- Black Mini No #
    2 - A&G Back
    1 - Relic Scott Podsednik Bat

Much better than the five hobby packs and $12.50 cheaper.
  • Blaster #2:

4- Sp's
    4 - Perez
    5 - Minis
    1 - A&G Back
    1 - Emperor Claudius
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Topps has released a list of short printed autos and relics.

Topps Announces there are several extremely short printed autograph and relic cards in the just-released 2007 Allen & Ginter Baseball.

The following short print autograph subjects and quantities are as follows:

Albert Pujols 25

Johan Santana 100

Jim Thome 100

Brian Cashman 100

Miguel Cabrera 100

Ryan Howard 100

Joe Frazier 120

Augie Garrido 200

Cael Sanderson 200

Bob Baffert 200

Chien-Ming Wang 200

Dan O'Brien 200

Dennis Rodman 200

Freddy Adu 200

Gary Hall Jr. 200

Greg Louganis 200

Jamie Fischer 200

Jason McElwain 200

Joe B. Scott 200

John "Mule" Miles 200

Julio Juarez 200

Ken Jennings 200

Kerri Walsh 200

Laila Ali 200

Mario Andretti 200

Mark Selby 200

Mark Zupan 200

Mia Hamm 200

Mike Aponte 200

Misty May-Treanor 200

Stanley "Doc" Glenn 200

Ted Toles 200

Tommie Smith 200

David Wright 200

Alex Rodriguez 225

In addition, every autograph subject signed 10 copies of their total run in RED INK.

RED INK versions of Thome, Cashman, Howard, Frazier, O’Brien, Adu, McElwain, Scott, Jennings, Walsh, Aponte, Glenn, Smith, Hamels, Kendrick, Ervin Santana, Izturis and Napoli can be found EXCLUSIVELY IN RIP CARDS.

And the RELIC SHORT PRINTS include:

Arthur Shorin / Unannounced 50

Keith Olbermann / Unannounced 100

Alex Rodriguez 250

Barry Bonds 250

Brian Cashman 250

Bruce Lee 250

Dan O'Brien 250

David Ortiz 250

Gary Hall Jr. 250

Jamie Fischer 250

Joe Frazier 250

Julio Juarez 250

Ken Jennings 250

Kerri Walsh 250

Laila Ali 250

Mia Hamm 250

Mickey Mantle 250

Tommie Smith 250

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Blaster #3:

4 - Sp's
    4- Perez
    4 - Minis
    2 - A&G Back
    1 - Flag
    1 - Black with # Mark Twain
    Heritage Addict....you pull a Wright Bazooka from a handful of packs and say that isn't much???Ill refund your money for the cards! LOL I can't believe blasters
    are out already

For all who busted A&G I could really use your help on the black minis. Im trying to compile a list of which ones have no # and which have numbers. If you have
    the time to make a list we could find out if they are uncorrected errors or varitaions!

With # FDR,D Lee,Hatteberg,Shealy,Papelbon

NNO O Cabrera,J Rivera,Abreu,Green,Isringhausen,Hoffman,O'Brien,Clippard,Perkins,Hafner,
    Adu,C Gomez,Magglio,Glenn,Varitek,Piazza,Sanders,A Jones

Thanks
    Kevin
  • Kevin, I didn't do A&G last year so I really have no clue, looking at the packs I realize now it is actually an A&G back, my mistake, to much pain medicine this morning I guess.
    Blaster #4:

4 - SP's
    4 - Perez
    1- Arod Road to 500
    6 - Minis
    2 - A&G Backs
  • Blaster #5:

4 - Sp's
    3 - Perez
    1 - Arod 500
    1 - Relic Corey Patterson Bat
    4 - Minis
    1 - Flag
    1 - A&G Back
    1 - Black with number Derek Lee
    1 - Black No # Francisco Cordero

"NNO O Cabrera,J Rivera,Abreu,Green,Isringhausen,Hoffman,O'Brien,Clippard,Perkins,Hafner,
    Adu,C Gomez,Magglio,Glenn,Varitek,Piazza,Sanders,A Jones"

My NNO Black minis:

Trevor Hoffman, Travis Hafner, Glen Perkins, Laila Ali, Scott Kazmir, Joel Zumaya, Zach DukeNukem, Elijah Dukes, Alex Gordon, Shawn Green, Magglio Ordonez, Nick Swisher, Jamie Fischer, Jason Kendall, Mike Mussina
    Kevin,

I have 5 blacks so far, #191 Hermida has no number, the other 4 do (59 Snell, 180 Soriano, 259 La Russa, 292 Giles

Hope that helps

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
  • Blaster #6:

4 - SP's
    4 - Perez
    4 - Minis
    2 - A&G Backs
    1 - Black Mini with # Brian McCann
    1 - Black Mini no # Laila Ali

Also looking at the odds on the retail pack it appears that there are no wood parallel in the retail, relics/autos you have a 50% less chance of pulling as they are only seeded 1 per box, everything else looks almost the same (within 1 or 2 cards difference in the odds).
  • WOW box 2:

First not ONE DOUBLE, then NOT ONE DOUBLE FROM BOX ONE...how odd is that....

11 SP's
    GU JErsey Stephen Drew
    GU Bat Corey Patterson
    2 Flag Mini
    1 Caesar Augustus Mini
    3 Black Mini
    1 Black No Number
    7 A&G Back Mini
    10 Reg Mini

1 N43 Card

Needs and traadables coming soon
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
    I busted 7 boxes and did pretty well.

1 Russ Martin Rip Card...which yielded Jose Reyes grey back mini
    Autos...Kerri Walsh and Andre Ethier
    GU..bunch most notably Kerry Walsh swimsuit Silver/Black

the biggest hit came in the last box...

Wood Varitek 1/1

My first woodie.

Kevin

• << <i>I busted 7 boxes and did pretty well.

1 Russ Martin Rip Card...which yielded Jose Reyes grey back mini
    Autos...Kerri Walsh and Andre Ethier
    GU..bunch most notably Kerry Walsh swimsuit Silver/Black

the biggest hit came in the last box...

Wood Varitek 1/1

My first woodie.

Kevin >>

Since I cant afford any of the Rip cards of Russ Martin Im saving all the pics of them. This will be the 3rd. Can I get a clear pic of the front, please? Oh wow a Ethier auto to boot. You got the Dodger run !!
    Thanks,Donovan
    imageimageimage
    "Wood Varitek 1/1

My first woodie."

Donovan

Are you going to open any A&G..I can save the ripped Martin for you for trade. LMK

Kevin

• << <i>Donovan

Are you going to open any A&G..I can save the ripped Martin for you for trade. LMK

Kevin >>

Kevin

Thanks
    I wasnt planning on buying much. Lack of funds. But my card shop opens back (vacation) Aug 13th and I'll go by and pick up some then. Not a box or anything but maybe I'll get lucky. I'll let you know what I get. If I strike out or you decide to ebay it, a pic will suffice. I seem to be pic. collecting alot lately. That collection is growing the fastest. image
    imageimageimage
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Kevin,
    black #s: 15 francoeur 20 vlad 79 smoltz
    Thanks for the additions guys.

Now, who is set building? Base, mini, parallels? I know Tom on here tried to do the bazooka set, but I haven' t seen him around. What are your
    set building plans? For me, base set already done, mini set plus flags,emperors and snakes. Ill have no numbers and blacks for anyone who
    needs them. I also have plenty of GU to offer too.

Kevin
  • Right now I am planning on doing the base, mini+flags,snakes, emperors. I probably won't do the blacks as that seems like it would be a daunting task and I still have past years heritage sets I need to finish. But who knows I could change my mind after my cases get here. My wife just called and said she found me four more blasters on her way home from work, nothing like I Friday night rip. Still no retail packs though, just blasters.
  • Does ultra-pro make pages that fit the minis?
  • I've seen so many Adam Laroche gu cards pulled that they might as well add it to the base set. Anyone else notice this or am I just weird? I can't wait to open atleast a few blasters of this stuff. I hope I pull a Kerri Walsh and Misty May for my girlfriend, they're her version of Hank Aaron.
    I'd love to do the blacks, but that is far too daunting. I'll do the base and mini's, and probably the flags/emperors. I doubt I'll worry about the snakes. I'll be trading all autos and relics and bazooka minis (if i get any). What's the trading premium for black minis? I see them for around $1 each on the bay for lots. When you guys build your mini sets will you keep them as all std backs, or mix/match a&g backs?

You might want to consider the 15 slot Ultra pages that are typically used for t206s. They have 3 rows of 5 slots.

Edited to add: I think I'd rather build the 2006 set with minis than build the black mini's.

Jim
  • I plan to build the mini and A&G back minis.
    HeritageAddict....lets hear those rips..good luck..I saw a huge taped up box at target..ripped into it like it was Christmas...all Pokemon!

Goot..I actually pulled the Walsh auto AND swimsuit card tonight. If you plan on ripping any and having trade material, Ill hold them
    for you

Parkerj....I would be interested in auto and bazookas.

I put my 06 mini set in the pages and they look amazing!

Kevin
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    OK, got my first half case of A&G. Are the packs set up like Heritage where a certain card in each pack is the sp (ie the fifth card of every pack, etc.)?
    I ripped two more boxes today. One box had two Markus Giles jersey cards.

I have pretty limited funds right now, so I'm done...I think. I plan to build the base set w/ SPs. I will trade any of the parallels for similar Pirates. I will post a trade list ASAP. Hopefully it will be tonight.

I pulled a JJ Hardy no number black border from one of today's boxes as well as a Copperhead snake card.
    My Pirates Collection
    Jim

I was checking the closed auction prices on the wood 1/1's and noticed the Bay went for a huge chunk of change..I guess he is popular
    in Pitt?

I have an Ian Snell A&G back for you and Im going to a trade day tomorrow, so Ill try to land you some Pirates!

Kevin
  • The four blasters are ripped and yielded:

16 - SP's
    15 - Perez
    1- Arod 500
    21 - Minis
    3 - Flags
    6 - A&G backs
    3 - Blacks with #'s 32 Felix Hernandez, 76 Garret Anderson, 242 Bobby Jenks
    1- Black No # Barry Bonds
    Coco Crisp Bat Card
    Aramis Rameriz Jersey Card

That will probably be it until my cases show up, which hopefully will be next week, although the guy hasn't returned my emails or phone calls for a couple of days. Where can I find those 15 pocket ultra pages? BCW didn't list them on their site.
    Here's a linky for the pages: 15 slot ultra pages

Kevin, I'll let you know what I pull. Did you use the 15ct pages?
    I used the 15 count pages for 06 and they look nice. Ultra pro sells them I think. Can anyone remember the print run
    on the extended minis?

Kevin

• << <i>
    Goot..I actually pulled the Walsh auto AND swimsuit card tonight. If you plan on ripping any and having trade material, Ill hold them
    for you

Kevin >>

Don't worry about holding em aside. Her cards are selling for a bunch on ebay (about $50-$100 a piece) so I would say just go ahead and sell em. Thanks for the offer though.

• Thanks Jim, I'll order some of those pages tonight.
  • I ripped a box from the National and did OK so I ordered a case. Anybody looking to trade let me know.

Mike
    Reds Team Set Collector (Raw)
    Pete Rose PSA Basic Set
    Johnny Bench PSA Basic Set
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    One box down. Got a Dontrelle jersey and a Bill Hall Auto.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I love reading about the rips - keep 'em coming! A reminder to you rippers that your Dodger minis almost certainly have a home here. I won a few of the more common minis from the Bay today, but need lots - I'm planning on doing all versions except the woodies.

Geordie
  • I've opened 3 Hobby boxes so far, and have a case of Hobby on the way. I'll definitely be doing two sets of Base/SP, and maybe a couple of the subsets. Highlights so far are a Johan Santana auto (looks superb), and a printing plate. I really like the look of these cards, and am really looking forward to start trading...
  • I am going for the base/SP and then my interesting Mini's like last year...

Plenty hot stuff for trade, lists are coming....

Bryans
    ______

For my son:

MY Baseball Card Page
  • my case is sitting at the UPS hub 15 miles from my house and they won't let me come get it image I have to wait until Monday. BUT, I am going grocery shopping tonight so maybe I'll find a blaster to hold me over.
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
    Ok, got 3 more hobby boxes cracked. Made up for my first hobby which had only 1 hit: trot nixon relic. Here is the highlights from my 3 boxes:

The Rodman and Misty are sp / 200.

All are for trade.

Kevin, or anyone else, for that matter: when you build your mini sets do you keep all 350 cards with the same type of back? or do you mix/match? what about mixing black with normal?
    I am trying to put together a trade list. I have a Paul Lo Duca relic, but the back of the card is AGR-CC Carl Crawford. Anyone else have this trouble?

My trade list should be up as soon as my daughter takes a nap.
    My Pirates Collection
  • I checked my relics and they all have the correct backs. Parker, those are some nice pulls.
  • tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭
    I opened 1 box so far. Got a SP relic David Ortiz bat card.