Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2007 Allen and Ginter

Comments

• ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    Groundhog Day? There's a card for Groundhog Day? I love it!

Is a complete checklist available yet?
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Boo to the checklist, I like last year where there was much more seperation in the cards. Active players, then retired, then great, then other sports and finally historical figures. Makes for a much nice presentation in the binder.

Just my 2 cents. Won't stop me from breaking a few boxes!!!!!!!
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    That cut auto list is just awesome!
  • kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    no kidding about the cuts! Imaging pulling a Fidel Castro or Mother Teresa. I love it. Very clever.
    IWTDMBII
  • My Hobby product has been dlvd. It's being broken now, and apparently the autos are a more difficult pull than last year. Topps must have let the presses run. They have gotten a RIP Card per case, and 1 with 2. 3 or 4 autos per case. I'll have them make a Photobucket this weekend, and provide a link.

I'm in the investment business, and the markets being what they are, I might have to do some "hand holding" this afternoon. I will try to get a list of some of the pulls, and answer any of your questions.
  • parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    So Slick, I'm anxious to hear if you think hobby was worth the premium over retail.
  • goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    are any of you on here going to be selling boxes of these?
  • OK, just heard from the guys busting the A&G. They have been only getting 3 or 4 autos per case. The SPs seem to be a little tougher than last year. They seem to think they have figured out the SPs. I'll try to get that list up in a Photobucket this weekend. They like the product even if it's just like last years release.

Off the top of my head here are some of the more notable pulls. Nothing big yet.
    Rip Cards
    Fielder
    Maddux
    A Jones
    Thomas
    Bonds
    Ortiz
    1 of 1
    Ortiz
    Bazooka Back
    Matsuzaka
    Autos
    Tommy Smith
    Wang
    Wright
    Adu

Someone asked about the Retail. I think it will be live in about a week to 10 days. It's not going to be nearly as good as the Hobby. Only 1 hit per box. I doubt if we'll break what I've got coming.
    I should have plenty of Singles and SPs, and will be glad to swap some for sets we'll be working on. Good luck.
  • Not mine. From BMB busted in Taiwan.

imageimageimage
  • GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    That Santana is just SICK!

• << <i>That Santana is just SICK! >>

Agreed. I like the red ink.
    imageimageimage
  • The hits seem to be kind of sparse in the hobby, I ordered two retail cases kind of has me worried about the lack of pulls in them as well.
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a case of each coming, so I should be able to give you all a good idea as to the comparisons/differences of hobby vs. retail. Now they just have to show up. image
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Man Slick, you are killing it! Dice K bazooka and a Wang auto already!!! Are there auto odds on the boxes? Group A..B..C??

We really need scans man!

LOL
    Kevin
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    So I'm confused. Is Blowout's release date of August 8th incorrect?
  • nam812nam812 Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blowout updated to August 1st.
    YOU ALL ARE KILLING ME WITH THE PRE-RIPS. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Anyone know some good shops in Atlanta?

Kevin
  • Good afternoon. I've been tied up at my office all day, and haven't been able to get to where the cases are being broken. I think this downturn in the market is more serious than I first thought.
    I'll try to get over there tonight and do some scanning. Will link to a Photobucket so you can get a look. I will include the box, so you can get a list of the auto odds (A,B,C).
    From what I understand the sets seem to be fitting together in the case lot, so maybe it won't be too difficult to make sets. I'll be at this computer for the next hr. so I'll try to answer any questions you might have. All my information is via the phone, so I might not be able to help.
    Any word on the SP list yet?
    My Pirates Collection
    Slick

From the few breaks I have seen over on beckett, you did VERY well. It looks like cases yield 3-4 autos per, so you did well with 4 and you hit two
    group C autos....CONGRATS. We would love to see scans when you can. I hope to have some of this broken today.

Kevin
    In case anybody is wondering where all the autos are, look at this case break from Beckett's board. Pretty unreal.

Wow
    IWTDMBII
  • This is killing me, from what I've been told I'm still a week and a half away from seeing my retail cases.
    I hear you, Doran. I'm also getting 2 retail cases and I'm going out on business when they should be delivered. Add another week for me. Ahhhhhhh.
    IWTDMBII
  • i think my case is shipping tomorrow. i hope it gets here by the weekend. crossing my fingers for a "hot" case image
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Kurt that stinks, I'm stuck on the couch for a couple of months, can't drive to pick up any blasters or anything, only been down since Thursday, but it's already driving me up the wall....I NEED TO RIP!
    I just opened 8 boxes and pulled only 1 auto...can you freaking believe that?? Disappointing.

Details to follow

Kevin
    Yes that was hobby. From a fresh case..actually 6 were from one case, no autos, then 2 from another case got me a Mario Andretti SP Auto and a Tommy Smith
    SP Jersey. One bazooka unless I missed one

Kevin
    All right, I'm on board. My local got some in and I just can't wait for my Retail. 1 box. Bruce Lee toploader and a Brian Bannister auto and Chad Tracy GU. Man, this stuff is good. Must wait for shipment, must wait for shipment.
    IWTDMBII
  • LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Short print autos/"relics" from Beckett

Albert Pujols/25
    Johan Santana/100
    Jim Thome/100
    Brian Cashman/100
    Miguel Cabrera/100
    Ryan Howard/100
    Joe Frazier/120
    Augie Garrido/200
    Cael Sanderson/200
    Bob Baffert/200
    Chien-Ming Wang/200
    Dan O'Brien/200
    Dennis Rodman/200
    Freddy Adu/200
    Gary Hall Jr./200
    Greg Louganis/200
    Jamie Fischer/200
    Jason McElwain/200
    Joe B. Scott/200
    John "Mule" Miles/200
    Julio Juarez/200
    Ken Jennings/200
    Kerri Walsh/200
    Laila Ali/200
    Mario Andretti/200
    Mark Selby/200
    Mark Zupan/200
    Mia Hamm/200
    Mike Aponte/200
    Misty May-Treanor/200
    Stanley "Doc" Glenn/200
    Ted Toles/200
    Tommie Smith/200
    David Wright/200
    Alex Rodriguez/225

In addition, every autograph subject signed 10 copies of their total run in Red Ink.

Red Ink autographed parallels of Thome, Cashman, Howard, Frazier, O'Brien, Adu, McElwain, Scott, Jennings, Walsh, Aponte, Glenn, Smith, Hamels, Kendrick, Ervin Santana, Izturis and Napoli can be found exclusively in Rip cards.

Short Print Relics:
    Arthur Shorin/50
    Keith Olbermann/100
    Alex Rodriguez/250
    Barry Bonds/250
    Brian Cashman/250
    Bruce Lee/250
    Dan O'Brien/250
    David Ortiz/250
    Gary Hall Jr./250
    Jamie Fischer/250
    Joe Frazier/250
    Julio Juarez/250
    Ken Jennings/250
    Kerri Walsh/250
    Laila Ali/250
    Mia Hamm/250
    Mickey Mantle/250
    Tommie Smith/250
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com

<< <i>All right, I'm on board. My local got some in and I just can't wait for my Retail. 1 box. Bruce Lee toploader and a Brian Bannister auto and Chad Tracy GU. Man, this stuff is good. Must wait for shipment, must wait for shipment. >>

Do your black minis have numbers on the back?

Kevin
    I got three boxes. The first box was the best. I got a Juarez auto, but it is a redemption. I am not sure what group he is in. The last box had a Zimmerman auto. It seems like a lot of the player photos are recycled from other sets - even last years A&G.

My black borders all have numbers.

p.s. If I pulled an Olberman auto, I might have to urinate on it.

My Pirates Collection
    2 autos in 3 boxes is a great day! I beleive that Olbermann is in the GU set not the autos set. Thanks for the scans!

Kevin
    It looks like I got zero cards numbered higher than 350.
    My Pirates Collection
    Did you pull an snakes or emperors?

Kevin

PS 350 and higher can only be pulled from the rip cards
    OK, I'm officially in. Split a case with another board member. This will be the first non-Heritage unopened material I have purchases in 15 years! Seems a bit more confusing that Heritage though with all the different inserts, rip cards, etc.
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It looks like I got zero cards numbered higher than 350. >>

Jim - those cards are only available inside the rip cards. On a side note, while you guys are ripping boxes, keep me in mind for Dodger mini parallels. I'll be putting together all versions, with the exceptions of the 1/1s.

Geordie

edit: bah - didn't see that Kevin had beat me to the punch on the rip cards.

• parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    How can olberman be a game-used? did they cut up one of his ties? or maybe a piece of his glasses? or better yet maybe a hair from his eyebrow?
    Geordie...you might need to add the black mini no number to you list, I pulled some of them. It will be inerested to see how rare they are.

Knopf....I bet you will pull the Pujols, you killed it on the heritage! If you pull any autos think of me if you want to move them.

parker...yeah probably a shirt, pretty laim, but he will probably pay big time for it!

Kevin
    Thanks Kevin, I did well on Heritage but I did buy 8 hobby cases!
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Geordie...you might need to add the black mini no number to you list, I pulled some of them. It will be inerested to see how rare they are.

Knopf....I bet you will pull the Pujols, you killed it on the heritage! If you pull any autos think of me if you want to move them.

parker...yeah probably a shirt, pretty laim, but he will probably pay big time for it!

Kevin >>

Kevin - looks like the no number mini from last year is going to be black mini variation then? Wonder why on just that one parallel Topps decided to deviate?

I'm gonna start trolling for blasters in a couple days, I think.

Geordie
    That's what people have been trying to tell me, but look what I pulled:

5 or so black mini's with numbers on the back
    maybe 20 black mini's with no number on the back
    2 non-black mini's with no number!

It clearly looks like the no# black mini's are errors. I wonder how rare they are.

Kevin
    Yup, Kevin/Geordie, I was thinking the same thing. Is the numbered or no number blacks this year's no number from last year (unannounced)? Hadn't heard about the emperors and the snakes. Those are the super short prints? Anybody know when the regular short print list will come out?

Kurt
    IWTDMBII
    Thanks for the info on the #350+ cards.

I did pull 2 emperors, Caesar Augustus and Claudius, No snakes, Six flags including two Dominican Republics, Seven black borders, 17 A&G backs and one no number.
    My Pirates Collection
  • LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    Does anyone know what the deal with the emperors is? On eBay I can find 10 of them, all in mimi version, but I see no parallels; do any exist?
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Why wont my shop open!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

See you back here soon with a break report (i hope)
    On the Yankee Bandwagon since April 22nd, 1979 (my first game).
    ______
    Collecting all Yankees especially:
    Thurman Munson, Yogi Berra, Melky Cabrera!

For my son:
    Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

MY Baseball Card Page
    My Player Collection Needs
    I think I pulled maybe an emperor per 2 or 3 boxes. All mini, they are no included in the base set just the mini set and I pulled no parallels. The Emperor cards
    have numbering E1, E2...its funny cause Ceasar is E2....e tu Brute?

Certainly topps can't be that smart.

I also pulled one snake card mini. There are 5 and they are the worlds deadliest snakes. S1-S5

There is a unconfirmed SP list on beckett. This guy claimed to have 13 of all the cards, but only a 4 of some carrds. The list has no rhyme or reason to it.

Kevin
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    SNAKES FALLING ONE PER CASE

REPEAT

SNAKES ONE PER CASE
  • stormsurgestormsurge Posts: 858 ✭✭
    "The Emperor cards have numbering E1, E2...its funny cause Ceasar is E2....e tu Brute?"

Hmm my Julius Caesar is numbered E1.