Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    Pagey Turny Thingy
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Pagey Turny Times Two....
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Took three of these to make the page turn...let me take one of my favorite card pics and throw it on here image

For those that don't know, I'm selling my full run of all PSA graded Koufax cards on eBay!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Congrats Arny!

I've got a stupid question for you ... what's the difference bwteen the '84 D Basic set and the Master set?

Arthur
  • Options
    The Master set has all of the variation cards in it. For instance, each Diamond King card from the packs came with the 'error' of the designation on the pack as "PEREZ-STEEL" instead of the corrected version in the factory sets of the "PEREZ-STEELE" spelling. So, for each Diamond King card and the DK Checklist, there are two versions of the card. Also, the card #s 29 (Mike Stenhouse Rated Rookie) & 30 (Ron Darling Rated Rookie) were printed with the number missing on the back and the corrected factory version with the number printed on the back.

Add all of those variation cards to the regular ones and you have yourself a master set! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Ah, that makes sense. Muchas gracias! image

Arthur
  • Options
    arny way to go on your 72 set i was given a complete raw set that i still have i am considering a complete psa-8 set, what two cards do you still need? and what is your next project?
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    benderbroeth,

The ones that I need are #708 T.Foli IA & #723 A.Santorini. I need upgrades on three cards to at least 8s (#150 N.Cash...Have a PSA 7, #532 F.Kendall...Have a PSA 9OC & #582 Montreal Expos Team Card...Have a PSA 7) to complete the set in all 8s minimum.

My next project? Well, I'm always starting projects all the time. I've finished my Don Drysdale & Sandy Koufax basic sets this year and am about halfway done on my Camilo Pascual and Luis Tiant basic sets as well. I'm really focused on finishing my '84 Donruss Master & Basic sets and then trying to upgrade that puppy as much as possible. From there, I'll try and get this "Rookies of the '70s" set going followed by the "Rookies of the '60s" or "Rookies of the '80s" depending on the cashflow image

Plus, I still have my '85 Topps Football set that is about halfway done that I've got along with my '64 Topps Giants set (sitting at nearly 50%)....so, I'm keeping myself pretty busy. image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

Arny -- Outstanding. I'm not REAL familiar with the bears of the '72 set, but I know enough to know that the McRae's a big one. Nice going.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arny

Congratulations on being only 2 away from completion!

A set like that would take me 10-12 yrs!

How long you been working on it?

Good luck on #708 and 723.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    imageimage

got this for $1.. nothing special, but i think it's an 8.. little bit of a rough cut on one side..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Took three of these to make the page turn...let me take one of my favorite card pics and throw it on here image

For those that don't know, I'm selling my full run of all PSA graded Koufax cards on eBay! >>

Awesome Koufax. If you end up selling them individually, please let me know image

Edited to add:

Might as well show my mail bag too image

These are my first graded '55 TDH and as you can see, they are kinda bulky. Any suggestions for storage?

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Nice cards. Those are some tough acts to follow.

This came today. It's the most frquently found uncut strip from the W580 series. There were actually two of these on the bay from two different sellers (I hadn't seen any prior to this) this week and the other had some sort of water stain on it so I'm happy I won this one. image

1923 W580 Hand Cut strip w/ Jack Johnson

Arthur
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to Zef for this one.

Added this Concrete Charlie to my collection today.

• Options
    1909 E95 Johannus;

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Added this Concrete Charlie to my collection today. >>

That is a nice card. In fact, my favorite Bednarik, from a purely aesthetic standpoint. I have a solid raw version.

And that's one of the coolest (and most accurate) nicknames in NFL history.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Added this Concrete Charlie to my collection today. >>

That is a nice card. In fact, my favorite Bednarik, from a purely aesthetic standpoint. I have a solid raw version.

And that's one of the coolest (and most accurate) nicknames in NFL history. >>

No doubt! He was one bad dude! Sometimes I wish I was older so that I could have seen the greats like him play....all I have are books and NFL films to see these legends. Have you ever seen his hands? Check out 75 seasons:The history of the NFL. His fingers point in every direction....his one finger is at about a 45 degree angle for goodness sake! I love reading and seeing stories about him.
  • Options

<< <i>1909 E95 Johannus;

image >>

Congrats ladder7! image

Arthur
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Im excited to get this one. I just won it a little while ago. Only 30 made and it carries a 9.5 weight on the Emmitt set image

• Options
    Tu pic no trabaja senor

Arthur
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    stown,
    I love these cards. Someday I will work on a set...
    Roop sells boxes that will hold tall boys, I use them for my Red Man set. I think you will like them.
  • Options

<< <i> Have you ever seen his hands? Check out 75 seasons:The history of the NFL. His fingers point in every direction....his one finger is at about a 45 degree angle for goodness sake! I love reading and seeing stories about him. >>

They did a profile in SI a few years ago. He's got one finger that pretty much makes an "L".

He's a great storyteller when Sabol gets him to sit down and open up. The whole thing about him laying on top of Jim Taylor as time ran out in the '60 Championship game is classic. That pic of him celebrating over what looks for all the world like Gifford's vanquished corpse always brings a smile to my face.

Plus he cusses more than anybody this side of Sammy Baugh image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Have you ever seen his hands? Check out 75 seasons:The history of the NFL. His fingers point in every direction....his one finger is at about a 45 degree angle for goodness sake! I love reading and seeing stories about him. >>

They did a profile in SI a few years ago. He's got one finger that pretty much makes an "L".

He's a great storyteller when Sabol gets him to sit down and open up. The whole thing about him laying on top of Jim Taylor as time ran out in the '60 Championship game is classic. That pic of him celebrating over what looks for all the world like Gifford's vanquished corpse always brings a smile to my face.

Plus he cusses more than anybody this side of Sammy Baugh image >>

Plus he is an Ivy League guy. We both went to Penn, only I went 40 after him. Who says the Ivy League isn't tough?
    Its always cool when a guy gets to play pro ball in the same city he played college ball.
  • Options
    He was indeed a Penn Quaker. People forget that.

Nice shipment yesterday...

imageimageimage

imageimage

The Luis is clearer than the scan.
  • Options
    Nice submission! You have a good eye.
  • Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    Nice pick up LM image

Arthur I would love to see your boxing collection someday image

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    mcholkemcholke Posts: 1,000 ✭✭
    Here are a couple more upgrades to the Perez collection

Collecting Tony Perez PSA and Rookie Baseball PSA

• Options
    BunkerBunker Posts: 3,926
    mcholke, Wow nice cards! How many 10's do you have in your Perez collection now?

My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 2 (2003). My son was diagnosed with Type 1 when he was 17 on December 31, 2009. We were stunned that another child of ours had been diagnosed. Please, if you don't have a favorite charity, consider giving to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)

JDRF Donation
  • Options
    Bunker thanks for the message. I actually still have a long journey to go. I have 21 of the currently possible 28 PSA 10s in the Perez Basic set. Most of those remaining 7 are very low or only 1 pop right now. The journey continues

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246

<< <i>Arny

Congratulations on being only 2 away from completion!

A set like that would take me 10-12 yrs!

How long you been working on it?

Good luck on #708 and 723.

mike >>

Mike, I've been working on the set for about a year and a half now. Fun ride....but, a tough one! Sheesh....some of these commons are so hard to find.

<< <i>image

For those that don't know, I'm selling my full run of all PSA graded Koufax cards on eBay!

Awesome Koufax. If you end up selling them individually, please let me know image >>

I'll keep it in mind image

I'm trying to sell the full run to someone that would like to upgrade it and move up in the ranks with it. Lots of nice cards in the group. But, if I sell them individually, I'd offer them on the boards first, of course.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Wow, Tyson sure looked different back then....that Robin Givens really changed him! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Door bell just rang, here is another Perez upgrade

• Options
    Wow! Awesome '67 Tony Perez! One of my favorite Perez cards!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    My first photo post, so excuse the size! A really cool set that I just picked up.

1927 Churchman's "Pipes of the world" set of 25

• Options
    Sweet card Chris!
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    chris,

does this set include the vaporizer???

smokin julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    does this set include the vaporizer???

No, these are cigarette cards image
  • Options
  • Options

Just received today. Beautiful card from a great player.
  • Options
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fred:

Nice card. That one and the 1976 Topps Yaz are my two favorites of Captain Carl.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Hookah?

Great stuff, guys . . . Perez cards are real beauts!
  • Options

<< <i>Door bell just rang, here is another Perez upgrade >>

I'm turning green here... image

That's beyond gorgeous and the '77 was the first card of his that I remember seeing, and has given me a long appreciation of just how cool that sort of down-the-bat pose is.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My first photo post, so excuse the size! A really cool set that I just picked up.

1927 Churchman's "Pipes of the world" set of 25

image >>

Nice card image

Never seen one of those before and thanks for sharing image

Edited to delete incriminating evidence image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

rd

Let me start with these team cards - stunning!

I have picked up two vending boxes and all of the team cards were OC - OC - OC!!!

Sweet.
    thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks to Zef for this one.

Added this Concrete Charlie to my collection today.

image >>

All right! I love when a board member wins one of my cards.

I thought that card had a shot at an 8 when I sent it in.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions