Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1975 Topps Mini Case Break - GRADES anyone???

Comments

• Options
    Count me in for two blocks (12 packs). I don't thinks I could stand reading this thread when scans start showing up after the packs have been opened!
  • Options
    rvcrvc Posts: 559 ✭✭
    i have opened 75 minis from steve before. the gum card is ruined and the bottom card has tons of wax. i have never had a bottom card be worthy of trying to remove the wax so i dont know how that goes. i am always amazed how well the other cards have been preserved over time. nice corners. some oc's . some miscuts here and there. i never got a lynn rookie so i hope things go better this time.
    Bob
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 822 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>This is almost getting to me! Would someone be willing to submit for me to PSA ( I think my memberhsip has run out). Also, is anyone considering getting their packs graded and just holding onto them? Will PSA grade packs any time soon? >>

TZAHL,

You asked:

1) "Would someone be willing to submit for me to PSA"(?)

Of course! I'd be happy to help you out there.

2) "...is anyone considering getting their packs graded and just holding onto them?"

Yup. I'm considering this option as perhaps some others are considering grading just one or two packs.

3) "Will PSA grade packs any time soon?"

Per the PSA website, "Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) will authenticate and grade unopened packs of sports and non-sports trading cards beginning later this summer." Here is a link to the grading of packs by PSA.

Hope you can join in the fun!

[edited to add: POST 1000 for me!!! WooHoo!]
  • Options
    way to go hoof
    Bob
  • Options
    arch i didnt think we were gonna make it, but now we are so close ...i think you better keep your idea for next time . zef is running a pretty good show here. i bet the last 60 packs go real fast
    Bob
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    arch i didnt think we were gonna make it, but now we are so close ...i think you better keep your idea for next time . zef is running a pretty good show here. i bet the last 60 packs go real fast

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Count me in for one block of 6 packs. Must make this quick as I hear the wife's footsteps approaching!

Thanks,
    Piman58
  • Options
    librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    I love baseball!!!!!!!!!!!I may get another 6,...............but not yet,I need to work another week!.......image
  • Options
    TZAHLTZAHL Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Another question (sorry.....I didn't start collecting til 86). What is the market like on these? There is Brett, Yount, Lynn....who else? Why are these so popular? Does somebody have a big stash of these that hasn't been let out of the 'storage shed' yet?
    Trying to complete:
    2000 Bowman Chrome
    2002 Topps Heritage NAP
    2003 Topps Heritage chrome and seat relics
    2006 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2007 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2008 Topps Heritage refractors and relics
    2006 Topps Heritage and Topps Chrome football
  • Options
    You are ALL nuts.

Stop tempting me.
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another question (sorry.....I didn't start collecting til 86). What is the market like on these? There is Brett, Yount, Lynn....who else? Why are these so popular? Does somebody have a big stash of these that hasn't been let out of the 'storage shed' yet? >>

Ryan, Schmidt, Reggie, Seaver, Carlton, Gary Carter RC, Keith Hernandez RC, etc etc. 1975 is a popular year because of its player selection, rookie selection, and design. For many years the minis were considered more scarce because they were a test issue but anymore they seem to generally command the same dollar amounts as the regular size '75s.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    120 packs to go!!!!

We're getting close.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    imageimageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage

Now is the time for the fence-sitters to STRIKE !

imageimageimageimage

imageimageimage

imageimage

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    less then 100 left i can taste that old gum already
  • Options
    Moosedog just bought the REMAINING PACKS!!!!!

It's a go baby!!!!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

Woohoo! imageimage
  • Options

I am exhausted so I am going to have to post payment details tomorrow. Steve Hart is figuring out the actual shipping for all the different sized lots. I'll post those prices as well as the total amount, including Paypal if thts what you want to do, for anything greater than 6 pack lots.

I can't believe we did it. Now getting everyones money may be the tougher part. If anyone knows they cannot pay soon, please let us know and I am sure someone will jump on your 6 packs.

This is awesome!!!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    congratulations
  • Options

For those that bought a 6 card lot, you can Paypal me to zef204@gmail.com for $259. If you want to send a check, please make it a Money order and e-mail me at the address above.

INCLUDE YOUR CU IDs ON ANY E-MAIL OR PAYMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    darn moosdog beat me to the punch hey moose mind if i get 18 of those 96 so i can get a full box
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Man, i'm getting the itch to bust my 73'opc and 75'opc baseball box after all of this. Good luck to all of those that participatedimage
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    TOTALLY Excellent.

imageimageimageimageimageimage

imageimageimage

storm
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I think he'll be cool with that. I think he said that as long as he had 2 full boxes plus 6 or 12 extras he'd be happy.

I'll make that happen 80's...
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    thanks zef
    keep me informed when we might go bust that case open. Im shoppin for a plane ticket now.
  • Options
    Great job guys! I'm sure a few people will not pay so keep your fingers crossed. Some help may still be needed to pick up a few pieces.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome! I just got done watching '61*' and then came back to my computer to see we got this done. Can't wait to get the box and see if there are any Mantle/Maris MVP cards in there. image
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zef is the Man!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    shoot, i was hoping to pick up some more also when it got close. zef i'd take up to 30 more for complete box if any become available.
    Bob
  • Options
    Holy mackerol, this is great!

I'm ready to grab my popcorn and watch these packs being ripped!

To all of you rippers....I hope every single card is centered beautifully and has great corners! image
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm have to say that I'm really surprised you guys were able to pull this off. It's going to be amazing to watch the rips. Zef, be sure to take a LOT of pictures of the case being cracked. Heck, take a video camera and upload it to youtube.

Awesome stuff.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW! I too was flirting with picking up another lot of six. Too late !!!! imageimageimage

Great Job guys !!!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Awesome!!! Can't wait!!
  • Options
    Congrats guys !

Sorry I couldnt join with you on this one, but the funds just wernt there for me this time around.
    Good luck, and happy bustin !

• Options
    Zef great job pulling this together. What would you prefer paypal or money order? Let me know and I'll get you paid.

U DA MAN!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

Doug
    Trying to complete 1970 psa set.
    45% complete.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the video on youtube idea. Would you consider that, Zef? You know what else? I think I might video busting open the packs myself.

Also, I know its $259 for Paypal. How much for check or MO?

I'm ready to pay as soon as I know.

Shane

• Options
    I would prefer Paypal but I totally understand f you want to send a MO. Since there are only 49 guys, hopefully it won't be too tough to get everything timely.

Paypal for 6 packs is $259

Money Order is $251. ---- e-mail me and I'll send you my addy.

I appologize to the guys with multiple lots or full boxes, but I am waitng on Steve Hart for the shipping total on those. He always is quick on responding so I am sure I'll hear from him soon.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    originalisbestoriginalisbest Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭✭
    Heya zef, glad we got it done!!! For some reason I thought you preferred a MO, but I see you said now PayPal is preferable, so that's what I'll send you later today. PM you in a sec.
  • Options

<< <i>Heya zef, glad we got it done!!! For some reason I thought you preferred a MO, but I see you said now PayPal is preferable, so that's what I'll send you later today. PM you in a sec. >>

At first I thought MO only, but was QUICKLY talked out of that. image

Paypal is the simplest as long as all of you don't mind covering your own fees.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    sent $518 for 12 packs. If you make some on the shipping that's fine. appreciate the effort. Also, I didn't include my name on the board, but greg starling = gstarling shouldn't be too hard to figure.
    Currently Buying:
    2004 Tommie Harris SPX Printing Plate (White Whale will pay top $$$)
    1994 SP Football Die Cuts PSA 10s
  • Options

<< <i>sent $518 for 12 packs. If you make some on the shipping that's fine. appreciate the effort. Also, I didn't include my name on the board, but greg starling = gstarling shouldn't be too hard to figure. >>

Yeah, I got that one right away!

Thats no problem on the double up. If you guys want to multiply the $259 per lot out, I'm sure thats fine. If you want to wait for actual shipping I'll have that soon.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    OK guys.

I got the payment amounts. The first is with Paypal fees and shipping. The second is a money order and shipping

Via Paypal----

6-$259

12-$514

18-$768

36-$1530

Via Money Order-------

6-$251

12-$498

18-$745

36-$1485
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Congrats guys! If someone backs out or cannot pay, I'll pick up some of the slack image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
  • Options
    Paypal sent! I can't wait!
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll send a money order for the 36 packs in order to save PP fees. I'll get it out today or tomorrow at the latest.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal sent!

When do you think they will ship?

Shane

• Options
    Piman58Piman58 Posts: 814 ✭✭
    Payment sent for my block of six.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    moosedog.....bring it on....WOW!!!!

i haven't noticed but has steve hart chimed in on this?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    Not yet. We've e-mailed a few times and he knows the box is all accounted for.

Payments are rolling in which is great to see. Hopefully we can get all Paypal payments ASAP and the MO's by early next week.

If you plan to send a money order, let me know via e-mail or PM as you need my address.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions