Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mail Call - What did you get? Today or something you just want to share? Created Jul 2005

Comments

• Options
    WeekendHackerWeekendHacker Posts: 1,445 ✭✭
    Any offers on this:

• Options
    ArnyVeeArnyVee Posts: 4,246
    Upgrade from a 7 to a 9! Picked it up for $80 less than the last one!

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    As always great cards guys!

last week i was able to get this card. It is a gai 4.5 I needed it for my Rookie of the year collection. I'll prolly bust it out of the slab.

the price was 60.00. i have seen raw cards in lesser condition go for the same amount.

The reverse has a slight paper wrinkle in the top right hand corner, about 1/16 of an inch or so. It is also the last vintage one I needed for the set.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Steve

It shows very well and will look good in a binder...if you are busting it out.

Congratulations on completing the vintage portion of your set
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Mike

yes I'll be busting it out.

I need just a 95 David Cone (for the cy young set) and a few of this years cards to be up to date and complete.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Mike

yes I'll be busting it out.

I need just a 95 David Cone (for the cy young set) and a few of this years cards to be up to date and complete.

Steve >>

Is there a specific 95 card of Cone that you are looking for?

LMK
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>image

image >>

Dan
    Are you doing the 57T set? If so, I must have missed out somewhere.

Very nice card.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Three goodies I received via my postal friend a day or two ago....

imageimageimage
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Arny

Very nice - classic.

I'm looking forward to being a T3 again.

Are you doing the set?

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    LWMMLWMM Posts: 471
    The red one came today, giving me a trifecta of sorts--18/18, 9/9 and 3/3--also have 5 others of them.

Images stolen from eBay (don't have the Thomas):
    Looking for Jonny Gomes cards, especially Triple Threads and printing plates. Will consider all cards, though. Got something? Contact me at c_u_l_1@yahoo.com
  • Options
    Superb LW.

Though I wish Topps wasn't using those stickers. But, I'ld still take it!

thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike, those were the first three that I picked up. I made some decisions and started to sell off just about everything set by set. So, I haven't bid on any additional ones. But, they are so beautiful lookin' (even in PSA 4s and 5s) that I've been tempted to keep those and then try and pick them up slowly. But, haven't made my decision on that just yet.
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options

<< <i>Mike, those were the first three that I picked up. I made some decisions and started to sell off just about everything set by set. So, I haven't bid on any additional ones. But, they are so beautiful lookin' (even in PSA 4s and 5s) that I've been tempted to keep those and then try and pick them up slowly. But, haven't made my decision on that just yet. >>

Well, if you decide to do the set...

Good luck and I agree, it's a beauty!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Welcome back Stone!

And did they get you to trade,
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    Bicem-
    Great looking T3s.

Waddell? Willis? Wallace? Are you at the end of the set?
  • Options
    nice bicem. i want to get into the T3 set myself, but T206's cost too much!
  • Options

<< <i>Bicem-
    Great looking T3s.

Waddell? Willis? Wallace? Are you at the end of the set? >>

I wish! Those are just my latest... the 'W' thing is just a coincidence!
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options
    Sweet cards Bicem!

I'm chartreuse with envy!

Thanx for sharing and taking the time to scan all of them.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    TNP

That's an interesting card of Teddy's - nice pull!

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    What is this thread doing on page 3!?! Allow me to change that:

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Here are a few recent Ebay buys:

• Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Here are my two arrivals today. Just came back from PSA...both got "Authentic" grade due to 1/16" too short..both measured correct side to side just top to bottom was off. -Claude
  • Options
    yawie...nice card. how far along are you in the t206?
  • Options
    Steve
    Nice Rube - is there more than one back for this card?

EB
    That 71T Rose looks great! Looks like an 8+!

Cuda
    Why the 'authentic'? - because they are blank backed?

thanx for sharing guys
    Unfortunately I still have nothing to show that is new.
    Mike
  • Options
    1966CUDA1966CUDA Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭✭
    No..they got the "authentic" due to being too short. I was told by customer service that the "authentic" grade is on a case by case submission that needs to be approved by them. I had to scan the raw cards and email them to them first. I knew up front that they were 1/16" too short and wanted to know if I could at least get them autenticated. They said that if they are "key" cards in a set they will give the authentic grade if size is not in specs. I got a group of about 20 of them and the Ruth, Gehrig and 3 others were too short. The others are correct size and will be submitted soon for grading. -Claude
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Great stuff, guys! A recent T206 pickup...

image, image

Mark
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭
    Its been awhile since I was able to buy something for my Griffey collection on Ebay or some websites I frequent for Griffeys. These
    two came today and both are 1 of 1's and I can see the Diet Pepsi staying that way for awhile (tough with the red corners) not real sure on the 2000 Topps Opening Day but anyways both nice looking and were cheap. I have some catching up to do so I have to look a few pages back.
    That is a real nice looking 71 Rose!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options

<< <i>
    thanx for sharing guys
    image >>

Stone,
    How much longer on your self imposed no-buying rule?

Also, have you ever thought about selling your T3 PSA 6 Doyle? That would fetch a VERY nice price!

Just curious,
    Jeff
    your heroes for ghosts?
  • Options

<< <i>yawie...nice card. how far along are you in the t206? >>

I've got 182, though there's a few dupes because I'm trying to collect as many front-back combos as possible when it comes to the St. Louis players. I'm also thinking about taking a big step back and selling off my 70 or so PSA 4's. To make a long, convoluted shory start [I can't believe I actually just typed that instead of "story short" - SY], I've just grown weary of the grading game, particularly PSA style.

I've sold off my 5's and 6's and have been cracking out my 3's and under. My 4's were kinda in limbo, but I think I'm just going to sell them or maybe try and trade down for raw or graded stuff that wouldn't be as big of a deal value-wise to crackout (i.e. 1's through 3's). If you have any lower grade or raw stuff available, drop me a line.

Stone, I think there are 17 possible backs on the Marquard (Follow Through). He's part of the 460 series of the set. I have a cool Excel file that's a master checklist of all possible front-back combos. Bill Brown sent it to me out of the blue one day and then I tweaked it a bit after Scot Reader's e-book on the set came out. If you want it, Danby or whoever, lemme know and I can e-mail it to you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>
    thanx for sharing guys
    image >>

Stone,
    How much longer on your self imposed no-buying rule?

Also, have you ever thought about selling your T3 PSA 6 Doyle? That would fetch a VERY nice price!

Just curious,
    Jeff >>

Jeff
    I get contacted every once in a while and no, I like the card. I had it graded myself - never thought it would be a 6!

Here's one of my MAJOR disappointments! Bought it from Superior in 1992 - came back evid. of trim. - personally? I can't tell - I think it's undersized? LOL

Not sure when I will start again - I'm always tempted when I get an email list for sale.

It's a tuff, tuff biz this collecting thing.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>If you want it, Danby or whoever, lemme know and I can e-mail it to you. >>

Steve
    Thanx! You can send it to mesablanca1110@yahoo.com

Great reference!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    On its way, Stone.

No mail for me today. But I did just leave my ATM card in the freakin' machine while hastily trying to get to the post office on time. Which I didn't do. I think the transaction was still live, too. Thankfully the person behind me apparently has a conscience, as no additional withdrawal is on my online statement. Of course, he or she could just be on his way to the mall or something to try to abuse my card.
  • Options

<< <i>On its way, Stone.

No mail for me today. But I did just leave my ATM card in the freakin' machine while hastily trying to get to the post office on time. Which I didn't do. I think the transaction was still live, too. Thankfully the person behind me apparently has a conscience, as no additional withdrawal is on my online statement. Of course, he or she could just be on his way to the mall or something to try to abuse my card. >>

Wow Steve
    Hope everything goes OK.

I have never used an ATM. I must be in the total minority of the universe!

Luckily today, most companies don't even have a 50$ deduc. on the card.

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    VintageJeffVintageJeff Posts: 1,282
    Collecting
    Minnie Minoso Master and Basic
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    1960's Topps run Mega Set image
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Another Rube Waddell. Thanks, Steve!

image,image

Mark
  • Options
    TextOn my desk here, I've got the following Mantles: 53 Topps, 54 Bowman, 55 Bowman, 56 Topps. They got a little more handling than the ones I had graded, but aren't bad at all.Text

please don't spill your coffee..... image
  • Options

<< <i>Wow Steve
    Hope everything goes OK.

I have never used an ATM. I must be in the total minority of the universe!

Luckily today, most companies don't even have a 50$ deduc. on the card.

Good luck
    mike >>

Yeah, it's really just a minor pain in the ass. Wait a few days for a new card and then hope I remember everything that was billed automatically with the lost card's number. And the customer service rep was very reassuring that I'm not the only idiot that does this. I didn't tell her it was the second time I've done it in the last few years.
  • Options
    Wow Jeff

Those are some of the nicest looking 7s! And the Braves checklist is a blazer! Checked on the back I would guess?

Of course - very nice Matty!

Mark - very nice Rube! Who Steve? Was it a birthday present? image

thanx for sharing guys
    I live thru you all!!!!!!!!!!!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Yeah very lightly checked on the back. The Matty I got a steal on I just hope it crosses to a PSA 2 from the GAI 2. The sevens are nice the oc cards just came with them in the lot. My 1959 set is becoming a real blazer and with mostly 7's at that. It sure is fun chasing these guys down, now only if i had more money.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
    "For me, playing baseball has been like a war and I was defending the uniform I wore, Every time I put on the uniform I respected it like the American flag. I wore it like I was representing every Latin country."--Minnie Minoso
  • Options

<< <i>now only if i had more money >>

Boy are you ever singing to the choir!

Good luck
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Well just started a better paying job this last week so my collection might be seeing brighter days. But then again my wife Liz is due with our first child on June 28th but will most likely go early so who really knows what will happen from here lol.
    Collecting
    1967 Topps PSA 8+
  • Options
    1999 Bowman Chrome Shea Hillenbrand Refractor Rookie PSA 9

1999 Bowman Chrome Jevon Kearse Refractor Rookie PSA 9

I have some more NY Giants autos coming in. Hopefully by the end of this week I'll hook up my scanner.
    Collecting;
    Mark Mulder rookies
    Chipper Jones rookies
    Orlando Cabrera rookies
    Lawrence Taylor
    Sam Huff
    Lavar Arrington
    NY Giants
    NY Yankees
    NJ Nets
    NJ Devils
    1950s-1960s Topps NY Giants Team cards

Looking for Topps rookies as well.

References:
    GregM13
    VintageJeff
  • Options
    But I did just leave my ATM card in the freakin' machine while hastily trying to get to the post office on time.

Done that several months ago. I'm Just use to sliding your card instead of inserting. Very disturbing. Got my wallet stolen last year out of the ice rink locker room. That can make a guy wanna kill.

Got a few this week. I also learned the art of Photostitch, but have yet to mastered it.

• Options
    Those Old Mill miscuts are awesome, Ben. I had them tracked but forgot about their closing time. Glad to see that you ended up with them. I thought they went fairly cheaply, too. Ya done good.

Obviously no mail on Sunday, but I did update my site today. All my St. Louis T206's are now up, which is cool.
  • Options
    No mail on Sunday, but I did win one which should be arriving soon. This one is an upgrade in my Don Drysdale basic set! image

* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    Nice cards guys!

Half the rain forests were cut down to make these cards, but for $30 I'm sold image

• Options
    Ben
    Nice cards - so are those miscuts a very rare back? That's what I would infer.

How far are you on the set?

Arny

Very nice addition - I'm a Dodger fan - saw Drysdale pitch as a kid - the best!

Toppscollector

Those chromes are fax autos? Can the chromes have very light scratches and still get a 9?

Brian

Rain forrest v. cards? Cards!

Did ya get a good deal on the Griffey? If he starts hitting homers, his card could do something again but, then again, they made 10 skillion!

thanx for sharing guys
    the best!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    nice lookin cardboard fellas !

The mailman made me very happy today after he dropped this off. To date there are only 3 graded higher with no 9's or 10's.....

"The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra