Home Sports Talk

2024 NFL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

Comments

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reading today where Ravens are already predicted to win AFC championship to go to Superbowl - a little early for these kinds of predictions isn't it? I don't think Henry will make that big of an impact.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

34M a season? You just know that Ja'Marr Chase & Brandon Aiyuk both must be grinning ear to ear right now.

Chase should be, in my opinion Aiyuk isn't in their class

@erikthredd said:
    Here are the roster cuts so far. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-team-by-team-player-moves-ahead-of-the-2024-season

Also, Juju just got picked up by the Chiefs.

JuJu will have to try really hard not to succeed in that offense, if he doesn't then he will be out of the league

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:
    Here are the roster cuts so far. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-roster-cuts-tracker-team-by-team-player-moves-ahead-of-the-2024-season

Also, Juju just got picked up by the Chiefs.

JuJu will have to try really hard not to succeed in that offense, if he doesn't then he will be out of the league

That is honestly a better situation to get more out of him than it was in NE. He signed a 1yr deal for just under 4M, he'll now have to earn that next NFL contract. Being able to stay on the field would be a good start for him.

@perkdog said:

@erikthredd said:

34M a season? You just know that Ja'Marr Chase & Brandon Aiyuk both must be grinning ear to ear right now.

Chase should be, in my opinion Aiyuk isn't in their class.

Agreed but Aiyuk isn't that far behind, imo, he just plays in the deepest offense in football which affects his target numbers.

The Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly cut wide receiver Kadarius Toney

@Steven59 said:

There goes the Kansas City Chiefs demise that we keep hearing about around here over this current offseason.
    I wonder if we should all sign a Get Well card for Stevek?😉

@Steven59 said:

It's about time lol

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited August 29, 2024 11:36AM

Bill Belichick's final master plan as the NFL's Dark Overlord has finally kicked off with Bailey Zappe signing with the Kansas City Chiefs today. Zappe will now secretly start destroying the Chiefs offense from within ensuring that Mahomie never comes close to matching Tom as The Lord of the Rings. Be warned, Kansas City's Dewm is at hand. 😎

KC caught a nice break there, now they won't have to lose him for any suspension related time until likely the start of the 2025 season. The NFL just handed out a bunch of suspensions over the past week plus including NE's JC Jackson getting one game for detrimental conduct. This moron is lucky that the team even brought him back after releasing him to save a boatload of cap not too long ago.

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭

Not a major story but Im not sure this has ever happened before. The Giants have unretired #1 so that Nabers can wear the number.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:
    Not a major story but Im not sure this has ever happened before. The Giants have unretired #1 so that Nabers can wear the number.

Why was number 1 retired in the first place?

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

It was the first number ever retired by a pro football team last worn by Ray Flaherty 89 years ago. I dont really know if it deserved to be retired but I cant think of any other numbers being unretired in the major sports leagues

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Aiyuk 4 year 120 mil 76 guaranteed to stay with the 49ers.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

With a storied franchise like the Giants in a place like New York, I hope for Nabers sake that he lives up to the hype lol. I can just see Stephen A or Mad Dog Russo ripping this decision in 4-5 years if he bombs in NY or goes to play elsewhere.

I feel like Steven A or Russo ripping into a player just makes the player more likable. Steven A is a self admitted troll for clicks and both act like saying something louder would make it correct. Steven A thinks that Soto hits behind Judge and he claims to be a Yankees fan. Good for him for getting rich off it though

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

It was the first number ever retired by a pro football team last worn by Ray Flaherty 89 years ago. I dont really know if it deserved to be retired but I cant think of any other numbers being unretired in the major sports leagues

Interesting, I never heard of the guy

edited August 30, 2024 5:04AM

@Basebal21 said:
    I feel like Steven A or Russo ripping into a player just makes the player more likable. Steven A is a self admitted troll for clicks and both act like saying something louder would make it correct. Steven A thinks that Soto hits behind Judge and he claims to be a Yankees fan. Good for him for getting rich off it though

One thing about Stephen A that I like a lot is he treats EVERYONE the same, if he likes you he will call you out, if he doesn't he will call you out if you deserve it

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

The Buffalo Bills retired Jack Kemps #15.
    I actually have a pin that says it. Then about 5-7 years ago they let a receiver wear it. It was not received very well from us old timers that remember Kemp brought Buffalo two AFL championships. Pretty disrespectful and disappointing

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

One thing about Stephen A that I like a lot is he treats EVERYONE the same, if he likes you he will call you out, if he doesn't he will call you out if you deserve it

He certainly does do that. Hes well aware of what gets him engagement but he does have a bunch of good takes when he drops the act. Between the two I like Steven A a lot better than Russo.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@2dueces said:

@Basebal21 said:

@perkdog said:

@Basebal21 said:

The Buffalo Bills retired Jack Kemps #15.
    I actually have a pin that says it. Then about 5-7 years ago they let a receiver wear it. It was not received very well from us old timers that remember Kemp brought Buffalo two AFL championships. Pretty disrespectful and disappointing

Thats very interesting its happened before. I'm guessing they probably did the his family said it was okay to do it thing

Im not really sure how I feel about the retired numbers. I lean towards once its done it should be done, but I would rather see just the last name and player honored over the number

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there will be the curse of Jack Kemp on the Bills. Like the curse of the bambino on Boston.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@BLUEJAYWAY said:
    Maybe there will be the curse of Jack Kemp on the Bills. Like the curse of the bambino on Boston.

Do you think the Bills have not already been cursed???? lol

@perkdog said:

@BLUEJAYWAY said:

Do you think the Bills have not already been cursed???? lol

Their kicking balls surely have been cursed.

Boy oh boy I sure do love the Chiefs Thursday. Might be a whole year of winnings in one game.
    And what’s up with this game?
    Browns -2.5 at the Cowboys????
    @perkdog Have you seen that line?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

@2dueces said:
    Boy oh boy I sure do love the Chiefs Thursday. Might be a whole year of winnings in one game.
    And what’s up with this game?
    Browns -2.5 at the Cowboys????
    @perkdog Have you seen that line?

I did see that, I feel the Cowboys game is more of a big bet for me than the Chiefs against Baltimore

Cowboys just signed Dalvin Cook who. was a top tier playmaker before he foolishly went to the Jets

***Moderators**** This is football related only. Brazil banned X, the #1 source of free speech today and if the NFL gives twoSh$ts about democracy they’ll cancel the Packers-Eagles game and bring it back to the states.

W.C.Fields

Forget about the X-men issue, I say that we just cancel the Packers-Eagles game just to drive @stevek loco. Just wait until the last minute before kickoff then be like Nope. No football for you till next week. 😎

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭

I also banned X because I hate free speech!

@2dueces said:
    ***Moderators**** This is football related only. Brazil banned X, the #1 source of free speech today and if the NFL gives twoSh$ts about democracy they’ll cancel the Packers-Eagles game and bring it back to the states.

Joe, buddy, please, lets try not to drive the bus off of the bridge here lol. Football is just days away, let's try keeping this is a safe space. 🤣

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭

Where’s the fun in that. I love this place because people are constantly losing their minds over nothing. It’s beautiful.

@bgr said:
    Where’s the fun in that. I love this place because people are constantly losing their minds over nothing. It’s beautiful.

I totally agree but go do that in a different thread lol. Not every discussion here needs to devolve to the point of getting closed down.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    Forget about the X-men issue, I say that we just cancel the Packers-Eagles game just to drive @stevek loco. Just wait until the last minute before kickoff then be like Nope. No football for you till next week. 😎

Way too many Brazil bucks involved for the NFL to cancel this game.

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

Way too many Brazil bucks involved for the NFL to cancel this game.

Forget that, Taylor Swift can make it all back with one tweet to her fans. 😉

edited September 1, 2024 3:19PM

@2dueces said:

I'm with you Joe but this isnt the platform to speak about this, if you want to hit me up via PM, we can vent to each other 🍻

CeeDee Lamb - out for the game - that sure as heck can't be why the spread is -2.5

@Steven59 said:
    CeeDee Lamb - out for the game - that sure as heck can't be why the spread is -2.5

Yeah that one baffles me. And the Cowboys at home. So Vegas is saying Watson who’s played like 3 games in 3 years and the sad sack Browns are almost touchdowns better than a team that went undefeated at home last season.
    Strange to me

W.C.Fields

Here’s my early likes
    Chiefs-3
    Atlanta-3
    Packers +3
    Cardinals +6
    49ers -3

All the -3 look very tempting. I know everyone is on the Jets hype but sorry Jets fans, 3rd in the division with 7 wins.
    Pittsburgh absolutely is a train wreck and Atlanta with Cousins is sold with weapons.
    If I started betting again I’d tease
    Cardinals +12
    Packer +9
    Remember week 1 is the best chance to beat the odds as Vegas and everyone else is searching to set lines.

W.C.Fields
  • DarinDarin Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Here’s my early likes
    Chiefs-3
    Atlanta-3
    Packers +3
    Cardinals +6
    49ers -3

All the -3 look very tempting. I know everyone is on the Jets hype but sorry Jets fans, 3rd in the division with 7 wins.
    Pittsburgh absolutely is a train wreck and Atlanta with Cousins is sold with weapons.
    Cardinals +12
    Packer +9
    Remember week 1 is the best chance to beat the odds as Vegas and everyone else is searching to set lines.

No Jets hype train for me. Bills and Dolphins battle for first place. If Rodgers even stays healthy he’s another year older without even playing last year.
    I would be careful betting on the Chiefs against the Ravens. KC’s D has been getting off to a slow start with Spags for the last several years and seem to get better the second half of the season. Hollywood Brown out for the game but I like that they brought in JuJu he should be game ready and was the Chiefs leading receiver 2 years ago.
    Good luck on the bets!

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2, 2024 7:12PM

Game note for Thursday.
    Mahomes should become the Chiefs all time passing yards leader. Needs 80-85 yards to pass Len Dawson.

I really wish I could retire. Every game for me is measured in how many days of work until that game.
    Oh boy 3 days of work until the Chiefs game! 🥳😫🤬😢🤮🤔
    I don’t even know what emoji is accurate.

@Darin said:
    Game note for Thursday.
    Mahomes should become the Chiefs all time passing yards leader. Needs 80-85 yards to pass Len Dawson.

I really wish I could retire. Every game for me is measured in how many days of work until that game.
    Oh boy 3 days of work until the Chiefs game! 🥳😫🤬😢🤮🤔

@GroceryRackPack said:

@Darin said:
    Game note for Thursday.

hey D...
    No Worries on your emoji's... It's All Good...
    🏈📺🥤👍

No > @Darin said:

@2dueces said:
    Here’s my early likes
    Chiefs-3
    Atlanta-3
    Packers +3
    Cardinals +6
    49ers -3

Cardinals +12
    Packer +9

No Jets hype train for me. Bills and Dolphins battle for first place. If Rodgers even stays healthy he’s another year older without even playing last year.
    I would be careful betting on the Chiefs against the Ravens. KC’s D has been getting off to a slow start with Spags for the last several years and seem to get better the second half of the season. Hollywood Brown out for the game but I like that they brought in JuJu he should be game ready and was the Chiefs leading receiver 2 years ago.
    Good luck on the bets!

No bets this year. Just thoughts. Since I’m not waging I’ll probably be right all year. 😂

W.C.Fields

@2dueces

Joe your taking the season off from betting?

@Steven59 said:

Well now he says he's definitely going to be ready and play - who knows anymore? And then Watson - is his shoulder still hurt or isn't it - hes hasn't played a snap during pre-season and didn't practice much because he developed soreness in his shoulder - then Stefanski says he's fine - who knows again.

@Steven59 said:

@Steven59 said:

Well now he says he's definitely going to be ready and play - who knows anymore? And then Watson - is his shoulder still hurt or isn't it - hes hasn't played a snap during pre-season and didn't practice much because he developed soreness in his shoulder - then Stefanski says he's fine - who knows again.

The games behind the actual games have already started

It's all BS until the guys hit the field, it's ridiculous

edited September 4, 2024 2:22PM

@perkdog said:
    @2dueces

Looks that way at the moment. I ended last season near +$6000.00 counting my triple crown wins, futures and weekly. I remodeled my den and purchased another painting for my collection. Not that I needed to spend my winnings but it was nice. Here’s my latest R. Atkinson Fox original.

The den.

W.C.Fields

NE just signed former Packers UDFA tackle Caleb Jones who is 6'-9" 370lbs to their PS. He's likely to be a project tackle at best but he's pretty high up on the tallest NFL players in NFL history list.
    1. Richard Sligh 7-0
    2. Morris Stroud 6-10
    3. Dan Skipper 6-10
    4. Caleb Jones 6-9
    4. Ed Too Tall Jones 6-9
    4. Jonathan Ogden 6-9
    4. Alejandro Villanueva 6-9
    4. Dan McGwire 6-9

edited September 5, 2024 4:40AM

@2dueces said:

@perkdog said:
    @2dueces

Looks that way at the moment. I ended last season near +$6000.00 counting my triple crown wins, futures and weekly. I remodeled my den and purchased another painting for my collection. Not that I needed to spend my winnings but it was nice. Here’s my latest R. Atkinson Fox original.

The den.

Outstanding!!!

Beautiful Painting and room!