Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk

2024 college football thread

Comments

• GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very Soothing Today...

I'm at my inner peace...

πŸˆπŸ“ΊπŸ₯€

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notre Dame defeats SEC power Texas A@M 23-13.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

🏈 πŸ¦† 🏈 πŸ¦†

• Basebal21Basebal21 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

You really need to learn what a power team means

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Texas A&M might just be the NY Jets of college football. Super talented teams that just cant find a QB despite having talented ones. The ND in playoffs in a weak schedule is going to be Colorado level annoying but is what it is.

UCLA is as bad as expected. Yikes for Oregon, they have a lot of issues to fix. Michigan got bailed out by their studs on defense, that QB room is just flat out bad

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

You really need to learn what a power team means

Give ND credit. Beating a ranked SEC team on the road.

Ignore list -Basebal21

@Basebal21 said:
    Texas A&M might just be the NY Jets of college football. Super talented teams that just cant find a QB despite having talented ones. The ND in playoffs in a weak schedule is going to be Colorado level annoying but is what it is.

UCLA is as bad as expected. Yikes for Oregon, they have a lot of issues to fix. Michigan got bailed out by their studs on defense, that QB room is just flat out bad

UCLA didnt look good but it was their coaches first college game and they won on the road.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Utah State!
    The head coach is my niece Alexa’s husband. He was going to be D coordinator for them then they fired the head coach and named him interim coach.

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

UCLA didnt look good but it was their coaches first college game and they won on the road.

They werent the only team with a first game from a coach.

Hawaii is a bad team, UCLA is a bad team

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

Not every team can be ranked. But nice to know you know what teams are bad only after the first game :/

Ignore list -Basebal21

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,152 ✭✭✭✭✭

Notre Dame vs A&M was a great game!

I was disappointed that Miami just beat down Florida, I guess I thought it was going to be a closer game but didn't care who won.

Anyone catch Tennessee Uniforms? I hate the pewter or grey look on them.

edited September 1, 2024 6:06AM

I was surprised Oregon didn't put up the massive amounts of points like Bama and the other romps that took place

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

I saw this yesterday while watching the Florida game. The dude it 6 ft 5 inches and weighs 449 pounds. Yes, you read that right.

What game is that? lol

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

@coolstanley said:

@Basebal21 said:

Not every team can be ranked. But nice to know you know what teams are bad only after the first game :/

UCLA is a bad roster. Hawaii is a bad roster too. UCLA is a bottom of the barrel team in the B!G, if they arent other teams have serious problems which Michigan does offensively. I think Oregon will fix their issues that thats not going to be a fun week at practice for them

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited September 1, 2024 3:37PM

@perkdog said:
    Notre Dame vs A&M was a great game!

I was disappointed that Miami just beat down Florida, I guess I thought it was going to be a closer game but didn't care who won.

Anyone catch Tennessee Uniforms? I hate the pewter or grey look on them.

Its a cool idea for the helmets with the mountains on it even though it doesnt really show that well on camera. I like their dark and orange better than their orange and white.

Napier just needs to be fired from FL. Theyre going to be a shell of their former self as long as hes there. Mertz should not have started the game and the play calling was just a joke. Miami looked like a playoff team but Florida has to much talent to look like that.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder if the 6’5”, 449 pound football player from Florida can dunk a basketball?

If so, getting 449 pounds up in the air high enough to dunk is impressive.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 1, 2024 4:20PM

Speaking of jumping, this Robert Morris interception may have flown under the radar- the one handed catch is insane, but I’m more impressed by his vertical leap.

https://espn.com/video/clip/_/id/41077757

Jim

Congrats to the Big 12 officiating crew for taking over the game with absurdly one sided calls. Gifted USC their first TD and that picture above wasnt a catch when you fall on it

That said both defenses look better, both QBs look good. Its a same that the Big 12 officials made it all about themselves. Get over it, Texas and Oklahoma wanted to leave so they did. Have fun having 1 team in the playoffs Big 12

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited September 1, 2024 8:27PM

USC defeats SEC power LSU in the Modelo Vegas classic 27-20

Good win for the BIG TEN.

Ignore list -Basebal21

ESPN college gameday this week in Ann Arbor.

Texas vs Michigan

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited September 1, 2024 10:46PM

Its crazy how you cheer for a conference and rivals. BIG 12 officials had a good win with their absurd flags with everything from call a delay of game on the LSU defense that never even moved forward which should have been a USC false start to some moron throwing a flag for no reason on a LSU punt. Flag got picked up it was so stupid but just showed the officiating bias. Could be Harvard vs Yale and its always a shame when referees takes over a game, its even worse when its a good game.

Kelly is going to get fired in the next year or two.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missouri has outscored its last two opponents 65-3.....Ohio State managed the 3..... :p

@Bullsitter said:
    Missouri has outscored its last two opponents 65-3.....Ohio State managed the 3..... :p

Its a whole new year. Do you think Missouri would win if they played now?

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes.....OSU only put up 17 points in the first half against #131 ranked Akron Zippers.....#131 ranked.... :p

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes.....OSU only put up 17 points in the first half against #131 ranked Akron Zippers.....#131 ranked.... :p

You think 17 points in one half isnt that much?

Ignore list -Basebal21

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not really, we put up 35 in the first half against y'all in the National Championship game in 2020

17 against the # 131 ranked Zips......c'mon man.

edited September 2, 2024 6:19AM

BTW.....I took Akron and the points..... B) ....went 8-2 against the spread.

edited September 2, 2024 7:24AM

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not really, we put up 35 in the first half against y'all in the National Championship game in 2020

Lol one half dont make a game. Won by 46 points and gave up zero touchdowns. Only the true haters would bash a performance like that.

I guess it sucks for you that your conference had a bad week, so you have to bring up games that took place years ago.

Ignore list -Basebal21

edited September 2, 2024 8:03AM

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Lol one half dont make a game. Won by 46 points and gave up zero touchdowns. Only the true haters would bash a performance like that.

I guess it sucks for you that your conference had a bad week, so you have to bring up games that took place years ago.

Not at all. I'm glad A&M and LSU lost. I get to rag their fans on Finebaum today.
    LSU fans want Kelly's head already.

There's a rumor going around saying if Ryan Day doesn't win the natty this year he will be fired and OSU wants to hire Saban out of retirement. This was reported by Mike Griffith from DawgNation on the Paul Finebaum Show.

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭

I love the LSU fans complaining about the officials. Kelly can rant as much as he wants but it won't make LSU a playoff team.

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

@coolstanley said:

@Bullsitter said:

Not at all. I'm glad A&M and LSU lost. I get to rag their fans on Finebaum today.
    LSU fans want Kelly's head already.

There's a rumor going around saying if Ryan Day doesn't win the natty this year he will be fired and OSU wants to hire Saban out of retirement. This was reported by Mike Griffith from DawgNation on the Paul Finebaum Show.

This is the really part. How down bad does an OSU super fan have to be to be rooting for conference opponents. Is Ohio State the Vanderbilt of the B!G now?

Every SEC team other than Vandy who is a baseball school loves that LSU lost

Days job is on the line for sure with how much they spent to get some questionable transfers. If they lose to Michigan again especially with how Michigan looked hes done unless he wins the national title. Between Kelly, Nappier, Day, and Venables I will be surprised if they all have their job next year

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• TabeTabe Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:
    a delay of game on the LSU defense that never even moved forward which should have been a USC false start

You don't have to move forward. They clearly explained the call roughly half a dozen times on the broadcast.

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:
    a delay of game on the LSU defense that never even moved forward which should have been a USC false start

You don't have to move forward. They clearly explained the call roughly half a dozen times on the broadcast.

And they clearly disagreed with it and said it was an option call. The refs got a little better in the second half and probably had a talking to at half time, but that first half officiating was a joke and that first TD for USC was a result of the refs

Missouri 14 OSU 3

edited September 2, 2024 5:44PM

@Basebal21 said:

And they clearly disagreed with it and said it was an option call.

Except they didn't. The commentators and the officiating consult guy (Bill whatshisname) all agreed with the call.

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

And they clearly disagreed with it and said it was an option call.

Except they didn't. The commentators and the officiating consult guy (Bill whatshisname) all agreed with the call.

Except they did and started talking in circles trying to justify the horrendous call on a clear USC false start.

Youre probably thinking of the extremely question catch call shortly after where Herbstreit said he doesnt care what the rule is that should be a catch. It almost certainly wasnt a catch as he fell on top of it and let the ground finish the catch but it was certainly an incredible effort. Even replay just said the call Stands, not confirmed Stands. Stands means replay thinks your wrong but dont have the camera angles to overturn it.

And no Im not an LSU fan and yes I think Kelly was a bad hire and will get fired. Its just stupid when an officiating crew is so blatantly one sided they decide a good game

Missouri 14 OSU 3

Florida States season is over. Thats now 2 really bad loses to start the season and both of them are conference loses. That team doesnt believe in DJ as their QB nor should they. Oregon State should have won the PAC 2 last year but DJ kept them from doing it. They wanted Cam Ward and lost out to Miami for him and just said okay DJ is our option now. Their only chance of the playoffs is winning the ACC now

FSU might not even make a bowl game with what they have left.

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

Youre probably thinking of the extremely question catch call shortly after

Nope, the delay of game.

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

Youre probably thinking of the extremely question catch call shortly after

Nope, the delay of game.

That wasnt a delay of game

Missouri 14 OSU 3

@Basebal21 said:

That's what the officials called.

@Tabe said:

@Basebal21 said:

That's what the officials called.

They did and who cares. Theres right calls and wrong calls. It was an absurdly bad call that cant be challenged

Missouri 14 OSU 3

FSU πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Any ideas on what TV Network will air Sac St & Fresno ???
    🏈 πŸ“Ί πŸ₯€ πŸ‘

@GroceryRackPack said:
    Any ideas on what TV Network will air Sac St & Fresno ???
    🏈 πŸ“Ί πŸ₯€ πŸ‘

Its CBS47 whatever that means

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• burghmanburghman Posts: 899 ✭✭✭✭

Here’s my favorite site for β€œwhere can I find this game?”

https://506sports.com/

Jim

@Basebal21 & @burghman

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Thank you... πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

edited September 4, 2024 8:05AM

That guy did the right move just getting off the internet. The really gross part is that this story has more legs. There was a Barstool Sports employee who had said hed cut his head off if Michigan won last year. He obviously didnt do it and that was really dumb but he did eat his dogs poop to try and make up for it. I would highly recommend not watching it lol

Theres a Cowboys fan now saying they will eat human and dog poop if the Cowboys dont win the Superbowl. The FSU guy should just lay low for a bit and let other idiots take the heat off him lol

Missouri 14 OSU 3

• bgrbgr Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭

@Basebal21 said:

That guy did the right move just getting off the internet. The really gross part is that this story has more legs. There was a Barstool Sports employee who had said hed cut his head off if Michigan won last year. He obviously didnt do it and that was really dumb but he did eat his dogs poop to try and make up for it. I would highly recommend not watching it lol

Theres a Cowboys fan now saying they will eat human and dog poop if the Cowboys dont win the Superbowl. The FSU guy should just lay low for a bit and let other idiots take the heat off him lol

I’m glad someone is tracking these people. Thanks bb21!