Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2023 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

BONGO BONGOS

No idea what these bongo posts have to do with gold coins, but they are down to 606 available, exactly the 10 per day mentioned above. LOL

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bongo was a one time poster from over 10 years? ago, looking for a coin with a Rat design on it. Personally, I still believe it was Banksy shortly after he painted the rat on one of his wall arts. His post had numerous hilariously one liners, with a handful saved by fellow forum members.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Bongo was a one time poster from over 10 years? ago, looking for a coin with a Rat design on it. Personally, I still believe it was Banksy shortly after he painted the rat on one of his wall arts. His post had numerous hilariously one liners, with a handful saved by fellow forum members.

Actually it was end of December 2007.....almost 16 years ago.

Here is a link to his 4 posts.....BONGOBONGO Linky

Loved this one referring to EX MRS BONGO......

EX MRS BONGO LEAVE BONGO IN PERILOUS FINANCIAL POSITION

BONGO SMALL POMME DE TERRE ALSO NEED REDECORATION

BONGO HAS SECRET THINGS THAT EX MRS BONGO COVETS

• Options

Thanks for the link. I can't believe it's been that long time ago.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Does that Rat Coin come in gold? It would be better suited for this thread~

• Options

This one does

• Options

BongoBongo would be proud.

• Options

Side note: Steve Miller does Bongo Bongo....ugh.....https://youtu.be/k3eYYdUPFA8?si=Jo7ZbWjfHs7NA0jX

• Options

483 left...volume is picking up. At this rate, a sell out by T'giving?

• Options

They'll all disappear in one day. That's what happened to the 2019 issue...they were slow dripping and then BLAM, they were all gone.

• Options
    edited October 2, 2023 3:00PM

Waitta show patience y’all as they’re gonna be cheaper now!
    Hopefully, you will get yourself a full rim on the reverse.

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    They'll all disappear in one day. That's what happened to the 2019 issue...they were slow dripping and then BLAM, they were all gone.

This ^^^^. As with all other very low mintage items, once it becomes clear that they will actually sell out, FOMO inevitably kicks in, and all the fence sitters jump in at once.

• Options

Sorry Burnie, but from that pic I don’t see a full reverse rim, nor have I seen one yet.
    Mine certainly was deformed on the reverse in the same spot and that’s why I sent it back to the Mint. I will wait until I can see one in hand (FULL rim) before I purchase.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Sorry Burnie, but from that pic I don’t see a full reverse rim, nor have I seen one yet.
    Mine certainly was deformed on the reverse in the same spot and that’s why I sent it back to the Mint. I will wait until I can see one in hand (FULL rim) before I purchase.

Compared to the other 2 that I sent back, this was definitely much better. No, the rim is not perfect, but I'm happy.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options

Mine came back today...was hoping for a 70, I just can't tell the difference between 69's and 70's.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Mine came back today...was hoping for a 70, I just can't tell the difference between 69's and 70's.

I'd be upset that they photographed it in a way to not show the Deep Cameo.

• Options
    1madman1madman Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

Looks like a strike thru on the reverse letter “F” in fine, possibly a dent in the rock area just beneath the “1oz” area, and on the obverse some kind of substance (hopefully lint) along the rim to the right of “Y” in liberty.

The trueview angle does make it hard to view flaws.

• Options

@1madman said:

@Onastone said:

Looks like a strike thru on the reverse letter “F” in fine, possibly a dent in the rock area just beneath the “1oz” area, and on the obverse some kind of substance (hopefully lint) along the rim to the right of “Y” in liberty.

The trueview angle does make it hard to view flaws.

Wow Thanks! You've got keen eyes! I don't see the strike thru or the lint when looking at the coin, but that dent in the rock is definitely there. Yep, that would keep it from getting the perfect grade.

• Options

available count up to 772. Must have had a few cancellations

• Options

@OPA said:
    available count up to 772. Must have had a few cancellations

That is a big adjustment. Maybe a lot of the rim returns are back in the system to resell, because to the folks inspecting returned coins, they do look OK to sell.

• Options

Good point goldminers, not only do they (rim deformation) look OK to sell but apparently they look OK to grade 70!

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Good point goldminers, not only do they (rim deformation) look OK to sell but apparently they look OK to grade 70!

Maybe because it's not PMD?

• Options

It is distracting. The appearance is “imperfect”, it looks damaged, it draws my eye away from all other clean features on the coin, so I suspect there may be a delineation between full-rim and damaged-rim for graded and non-graded coins for selling and buying purposes.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

while it is colloquially called a dent, it does not look like a ding. it also couldn't be a point that isn't fully struck or the dent internals would be as mirrored as the polished blanks and dies are. perhaps a strike through? if it were a ding, that'd be a PR68+ coin to me. I'm guessing pcgs saw it as a strike through.

on the closeups, nothing appears between the "F" an "I"

not sure about this issue, but it is not unheard of to have imperfections minted into the coin that look like lint. i've toyed with fresh mint proof releases and have found "things" that look like lint isn't and "things" that look like "surface imperfections" turn out to be lint.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

available count below 700 once again...#669

• Options
    ApplejacksApplejacks Posts: 384 ✭✭✭

@Burnie said:
    Pleased with this 70. It only took 2 US mint returns to get a decent/full rim coin.

Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

I have two arriving on Tuesday, I'm committed to keeping 0, 1 or 2 depending on my non-professional assessment of the Obverse/Reverse quality. Don't have high hopes as I have sent back 5 Pd Eagles over the last couples weeks based on various issues (other than the typical rim stuff). The only side benefit of focusing on Pd and delaying my purchase of the gold liberty is the $100 savings per coin. Let's see what happens ... maybe the USM will surprise me? :|

• Options
    pmh1nicpmh1nic Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CXD said:
    I have two arriving on Tuesday, I'm committed to keeping 0, 1 or 2 depending on my non-professional assessment of the Obverse/Reverse quality. Don't have high hopes as I have sent back 5 Pd Eagles over the last couples weeks based on various issues (other than the typical rim stuff). The only side benefit of focusing on Pd and delaying my purchase of the gold liberty is the $100 savings per coin. Let's see what happens ... maybe the USM will surprise me? :|

Given the special process that goes into making these coins it's a shame that any of them get to a buyer that are not 70's. Beautiful coins that should arrive in perfect conditions.

The longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth, that God governs in the affairs of men. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice is it possible for an empire to rise without His aid? Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

stocklevel/availablecount = 646

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CXD said:

Possibly by banning you for abuse of returns? :)

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@CXD said:

Possibly by banning you for abuse of returns? :)

You may be right but I feel that I am the one being abused! I would expect a government organization to CANCEL a customer who has spent $40k (two accounts) since 2019. I have actually lowered my standards some as compared to a regular commercial purchase, but the quality for the Pd ($2150) and Au Liberty ($2765) needs to improve. I am more of a serious bullion stacker of Au & Pt, so the USM purchases are more for fun just to mix it up a little. We will probably have to cancel each other as my standards are too high for the subpar output for these very expensive coins. :(

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

The rim ejection flaws on these coins is pretty common. When charging 900 over spot your product better be damn near perfect. I don’t blame those who return several times. I wouldn’t put up with it either. It’s just a sloppy minting
    Process.

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭

Saw them offered recently on TV for just under $5K in 70 condition.

• Options

I think that is an amazing submission result. Congratulations @Bullsitter .

My 2 coins have been there in receiving since 8/29/2023, one month earlier, and just went to grading.

• Options
    Cranium_Basher73Cranium_Basher73 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Glen2022 said:

For just 5-600 more, you can get 2 from the mint. Those tv prices are hilariously ridiculous.

Throw a coin enough times, and suppose one day it lands on its edge.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

The design might have looked better if the eagle was in the tree. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,245 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cranium_Basher73 said:

@Glen2022 said:

For just 5-600 more, you can get 2 from the mint. Those tv prices are hilariously ridiculous.

Except they might both be 69s

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:

@Bullsitter said:

Looks like very nice reverse rims on the top 3!!!

Those were touched up. I just edited with the originals.

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭

I do like the design, but not the price. Might get one in silver.

• Options

@Goldbully said:
    stocklevel/availablecount = 646

Drum roll please....... nice one day drop!!

stocklevel/availablecount = 528

• Options

Less than 500: available count 494

• Options

I cannot find stocklevel or availablecount on page source anymore.

Anyone?

• Options

It is shown as limited now. No visible quantity seems to be available to inspect anymore :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file