Home U.S. Coin Forum

2023 American Liberty High Relief Gold Coin

167891012»

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could this be the end?? Remind Me sign is up. It looks like it's all over now.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    Could this be the end?? Remind Me sign is up. It looks like it's all over now.

Don’t get your hopes up. Tomorrow is another day. 😉

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wondercoin said:
    ‘’To me, that implies that a lot of these buyers aren't devotees of the series. ‘’

Very true as well.

Conclusion- when one gambles on a particular coin selling by the mint raw (to begin with) for $800-$900 over spot, for a variety of reasons, one is playing a dangerous hand.

A lower mintage gives someone at least a “fighting chance” to win. The lower the mintage often can translate to the better the odds.

Wondercoin

Absolutely agree. I would go so far as to say that gambling on just about any Mint issue is playing a "dangerous hand".

Unavailable this AM.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:
    Unavailable this AM.

Yeah, this time they're done. One or two might trickle back in, and then quickly go back out, but the window for large returns has closed, so everyone can now safely mark these as sold out.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited November 7, 2023 6:38AM

Unavailable.

edited November 8, 2023 5:32AM

1 available this AM.

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:

Does the count of 12,122 coins sold thru last Sunday mean there will be less than the 12,500 maximum mintage produced? I am using probabilities since we are only see a handful available some mornings from the mint.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.

@jerseyralph said:

@Bullsitter said:

Does the count of 12,122 coins sold thru last Sunday mean there will be less than the 12,500 maximum mintage produced? I am using probabilities since we are only see a handful available some mornings from the mint.

I think they're about done but the Mint is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get.

• NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2023 2:31PM

@jerseyralph said:

@Bullsitter said:

Yes. It likely accounts for returns that the Mint will not offer for resale. Meaning, they were produced, but were returned and will be destroyed, so will not be included in final sales figures.

This happens, to a greater or lesser extent, with every issue, other than home runs that people don't return because they cannot be replaced, so they live with whatever the problem is.

One in stock again this AM.

It's been available for almost an hour.
    It really is beautiful with a full rim.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

dark

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Numismetal ? I have a question on the tree side of the gold coin... Between the B and E on the rim in L I B E R T Y... Do i see a little black "pinpoint" on it or is it just the slab or dirt ? Just thought i would bring it to your attention....

Do i see a little black "pinpoint" on it or is it just the slab or dirt ?

Looks like it could be authentic bristlecone pine dirt—among the oldest living organisms on Earth...

• Onastone... For the price of this piece, I was serious...

@goldfinger257 said:
    @Numismetal ? I have a question on the tree side of the gold coin... Between the B and E on the rim in L I B E R T Y... Do i see a little black "pinpoint" on it or is it just the slab or dirt ? Just thought i would bring it to your attention....

I do see it now, but think that it's on the capsule inside. I'd be more concerned over the spot above the E in STATES...gold is such a soft metal, getting it struck perfectly is quite a feat.

• @goldfinger257 said:
    Numismetal ? I have a question on the tree side of the gold coin... Between the B and E on the rim in L I B E R T Y... Do i see a little black "pinpoint" on it or is it just the slab or dirt ? Just thought i would bring it to your attention....

I took a look at that using a jewelers loupe and I still can't definitively say what that is but it doesn't appear to be something on the capsule. It's either a variation in the metal itself or some speck sticking to that part of the coin. I wouldn't know for sure unless I remove the coin from its capsule and try to dislodge it but I'm a little nervous about doing that. It might be more trouble than it's worth as I don't plan to get this coin graded and I don't want more specks and dust getting in. I've never removed it from its capsule myself.

I also have a 2021 Liberty Mustang Eagle and between the two the tree seems to have more tiny imperfections. I still enjoy it though and looking forward to the next release in 2025.

• To have this coin in... FDOI graded PCGS PF70 for close to $4000.00 with the thinning...finning as well as other issues, I'll pass.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file