• Options
    armysgtiarmysgti Posts: 77 ✭✭

Morgan and Peace Dollar 2023 Two-Coin Reverse Proof Set Subscription
    Morgan and Peace Dollar 2023 Two-Coin Reverse Proof Set Subscription

Army Strong
    ~ T E A M = Together Everyone Achieves More ~
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just cancelled all my MS subscriptions and ordered from Pinehurst MS70 FS Flag labels which are perfect for my complete 70 commemorative set. Presale for only $280.58 with check for a pair of Morgans and Peace. My math was about $260 for me to buy and grade mine counting my shipping, etc. Just way too easy and no 69 risks, so if you want a few from the Mint there may be some more available soon.

I will keep my proof and reverse proof subscriptions for now, but these uncirculated coins are a ZERO flip, and I really just did not want to mess with them.

Good luck to those who are happy to just have ungraded coins, as I am sure more will be there for you from the Mint.

• Options
    SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2023 12:07PM

Subscriptions for Morgan proofs and the RP set will likely go to zero in the next 24 hours.
    At current rates, the subscriptions for the Peace proofs will possibly go to zero before the end of the month.
    There are more "takers" on the subscriptions than there are those reducing their subs.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Prices are more realistic now with other dealers entering the pre sale market
    Seems like 149 now or 289 for the pair in PCGS FS 70

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2023 2:32PM

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@RichR said:
    [And there you go. Looks like a 199-229 pricing in FS 70]

As usual...I won't be having mine graded...I will instead put them away so that upon my death my kids will sell them for melt value to buy pot...

Oh excuse me...did I say that out loud?

Have the kids move to Colorado. The weed is cheap and the quality high. 😁

Got chased out of Colorado Springs by a town vigilante group with big dogs and the police in 1974. Got caught in the church playing cards and a punchbowl full of Vodka and OJ. Cops said to head out of town and that is what we did. Drove all the way to Bolder that night. :#

I'm in for a pair of MS70 slabbed coins. Seems better than buying raw and trying to get a 70. Of course that will depend on the quality of the coins. The mint is soo good at that. :o

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just saw a couple different ads for the Morgan’s and peace dollar in 70. $289-349 for the pair. Interesting that they are pairing them but ok. Thanks 🙏

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Steve
    Thanks again for your posting on this.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

i wonder what mint sealed boxes of uncircs. will fetch

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    i wonder what mint sealed boxes of uncircs. will fetch

Totally depends on how they grade. The better they grade, the lower the premium attached to a sealed box. And vice versa.

• Options

@NJCoin said:
    Totally depends on how they grade. ...

And, those TPG population numbers will take a few months to unfold, just like the 2021 Morgans and Peace products. The early numbers are mostly composed of the ABPP and bigger player bulk submissions with a minimum grade request of 70. Then the submissions from the rest of us common folk start to dilute the early 70s, and we finally see the true grade population distribution emerge.
    Example: in December '21, the percentage of 70s for the Denver 2021 Morgan was 67% at PCGS and 80% at NGC. (prior to December the percentages of 70s were even higher, but I don't have records for prior to December '21) By August 2022, the percentage dropped to 61% at PCGS and 68% at NGC.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options

Will mint ship both the Peace and Morgans (subscription order) in the same sealed box, or two sealed boxes? Can't remember how I received the earlier issues.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

[Will mint ship both the Peace and Morgans (subscription order) in the same sealed box, or two sealed boxes? Can't remember how I received the earlier issues.]

You think the box will actually be sealed....HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

• Options

@derryb said:
    Will mint ship both the Peace and Morgans (subscription order) in the same sealed box, or two sealed boxes? Can't remember how I received the earlier issues.

Howdy buddy. They will ship separately. Individual boxes for the safety of the high quality packaging 😂

• Options

@RichR said:
    [Will mint ship both the Peace and Morgans (subscription order) in the same sealed box, or two sealed boxes? Can't remember how I received the earlier issues.]

They always are. You must be dealing with a Chinese mint

• Options
    NJCoinNJCoin Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Separate orders, separate boxes.

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2023 2:37PM

deleted

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

• Options

The flip potential looks worse and worse based on those graded prices being so low

• Options
    edited June 21, 2023 12:46AM

@coiner said:
    The flip potential looks worse and worse based on those graded prices being so low

Could easily be a case where prices move up after initial issue. Wouldn't be the first time.

• Options

When everybody is low prices go up. when everybody is high prices go down. or is that reversed.

Take two aspirin, roll the dice and wait. If this is an emergency cancel your order. :D

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

@HATTRICK said:
    When everybody is low prices go up. when everybody is high prices go down. or is that reversed.

Take two aspirin, roll the dice and wait. If this is an emergency cancel your order. :D

When I’m high, prices seem great , sometimes and quality the best! Then after a nap, everything changes 😂

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@RichR said:

They always are. You must be dealing with a Chinese mint

Yep. They are the best sealed of any boxes I receive. Takes me a long time to pry them open.

• Options

Regardless of pre sale pricing...the Mint is sure pushing lots of product out the door...so somebody wants them...like us!

• Options

We also have seen where pre sellers get hurt when grade thru rates at “70” are not as good as they expect. The 2021 D Privy Morgan is a good example.

• Options

Many on this forum have “backed up the truck” with their order levels. With the USM allocations to the big boys guaranteed; these issues need to “hit it out of the park” from a demand perspective to have a good secondary mkt

• Options

I’m still thinking that these are going to spark a rush, do to the lack of anything else this year . Now if that works out remains to be seen. Thanks 🙏

• Options

@RichR said:
    Call me old fashioned...nee ancient...but I'm buying because they're a nice companion to my classic Morgan and Peace collections...and I intend to keep them.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Call me old fashioned...nee ancient...but I'm buying because they're a nice companion to my classic Morgan and Peace collections...and I intend to keep them.

I agree. I like (and have always liked) the designs. I don't buy them for grading or selling. They will stay in my collection in the boxes the USM puts them in.

• Options

That "old fashioned" donut would be great with a cup of French Roast!

• Options

Here’s enough for a small group of us. Thanks 🙏

• Options
    D808LFD808LF Posts: 404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mmmmm, dooooonuttts.

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

• Options

@D808LF said:
    Mmmmm, dooooonuttts.

with mustard?

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

These subscriptions confuse me.. I subscribed quite a while ago to 1 or 2 each of these and they still show up in my subscriptions. Does that mean I'm all set? Do I have to do anything else when that date arrives?

BTW, it wouldn't let me add any to my totals...

• Options

@USMC_6115 said:
    These subscriptions confuse me.. I subscribed quite a while ago to 1 or 2 each of these and they still show up in my subscriptions. Does that mean I'm all set? Do I have to do anything else when that date arrives?

You are all set, as long as your payment information (current card) is correct in you US Mint Account.

Subscriptions are generally unavailable (all spoken for) for all of the Morgan and Peace products except for the Peace proof. a small handful might come available on some mornings, as folks reduce their subscription numbers. However, this small handful is generally quickly gobbled back up by others.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMC_6115 said:

Some general info about subscriptions.

You might want to check your payment method prior to release. As I understand it, each subscription has its own saved payment method, and it can be different from the main payment method used to make purchases in real-time.

To check the payment method tied to a specific subscription:
    1) Go to "My Product Subscriptions"
    2) Select a specific subscription.

3) Select the "Billing & Delivery" tab.

4) Confirm the "Payment Method" details.

I am GUESSING that you could not increase either Unc. subscription, because they are currently at "remind me" status, as opposed to "add to bag". IOW, they are not currently accepting any more orders.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, will check it out :)

• Options
    edited June 21, 2023 7:35PM

@USMC_6115 said:

and you will continue to receive the new issue of your subscription each year until you uncheck the active block next to it. You can always activate it in a later year.

keep trying, possible more become available as others cancel. On desirable issues such as these Morgans and Peace dollars best to start out with a higher number and then adjust lower at least three full days before the noon release date as their aftermarket prices become more visible.

• Options
    edited June 21, 2023 11:57PM

I added one each and it allowed me to up my order for uncirculated dollars
    I may have gotten lucky. Thanks 🙏

• Options
    edited June 23, 2023 10:35AM

Morgan proof subscriptions and two coin reverse proof subscriptions now available again

only 4 proofs and 2 two coin sets in stock

• Options
    johnny010johnny010 Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the suggestion is to buy from retail vendors and get a better price, which company do you recommend?

• Options

There’s several but this is a about where they mostly seem to be. Thanks 🙏

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny010 said:
    If the suggestion is to buy from retail vendors and get a better price, which company do you recommend?

Pinehurst and Coin Advisor are the same price. Pinehurst only sells on eBay so sales tax will be collected as required by your state. You can call Coin Advisor directly, I deal with Claudia, and they may not be required to collect sales tax depending how much business they do in your state.

• Options

coins can be purchased directly from Pinehurst in North Carolina on their website. A large selection of PCGS & NGC slabs.
    advance releases, FDI, FR, ER the new NGCX slabs and more.

• Options

Except for day to day adjustments of subscription numbers, it looks like all of the 2023 Morgan and Peace product subscriptions are essentially full:

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file