Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Saturday morning coffee with coins

Comments

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to enjoy the estate sales.
    Everything here now is a tag sale. :(
    All the local auctioneers have coin guys that they call immediately if anything numismatic shows up.
    I don't make the list because I won't buy it all. 95% is junk that I don't have time for.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,009 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couple more Saturdays to go maybe.
    They’re moving quick again. Fingers crossed but not for time :)

• Options
    Pnies20Pnies20 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    Drinking some coffee and spending time with photos of stuff I used to own. Does that count? 😆
    Here is one from the Q. David Bowers Collection:

This is a muling of the famous Lindenmueller Civil War token. Quite rare. Instead of the old man with a long beard obverse die, it uses two reverse dies that have slight differences in the engraving...Double beer mugs (or coffee mugs if you're imaginative.)
    Double the pleasure, double your fun.
    Happy Saturday to you all!

That is an awesome token

BHNC #248 … 108 and counting.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Pnies20 said:

@DCW said:
    Drinking some coffee and spending time with photos of stuff I used to own. Does that count? 😆
    Here is one from the Q. David Bowers Collection:

This is a muling of the famous Lindenmueller Civil War token. Quite rare. Instead of the old man with a long beard obverse die, it uses two reverse dies that have slight differences in the engraving...Double beer mugs (or coffee mugs if you're imaginative.)
    Double the pleasure, double your fun.
    Happy Saturday to you all!

That is an awesome token

>

I agree ... and this is an awesome thread.

I'm glad @DCW started it! It certainly has kept its legs!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242
  • Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

>

It is the reverse of the same medal. Thanks for showing the OGP that i don't have. :)

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Crusty? I see a stunningly toned and a complementary visual delight (among others) w/coffee!

I just love these group shots. I need to do something similar someday.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

Took a break from cataloging my collection and to my surprise, it didn’t complete itself 😂
    Soooo , back to work.

That is a cool book, I really need to buy something like that for my collection, I like it written down old school that way. 👍

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks
    Walmart I think. Wasn’t expensive and it helps we remember what I have 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    edited March 18, 2023 5:02AM

Good morning everyone
    Earlier this week I finally got my sense of taste back. Whole crew except for little dude got the Covid couple weeks back. Recovered fine in about 5 days. I’m vaccinated and boosted so that helped. Only weird after effect was loss of taste about 90%.
    To celebrate or perhaps as a remembrance I bought a copper Covid 19 coin. Very nice reasonable price. 2 for $5. Free shipping.
    The spot is a shadow, maybe. Both sides very clean

• Options
    edited March 18, 2023 5:01AM

Gosh dang stupid condensed font and stupid scrolling. Stupid operator 😂
    I did it. I fixed it. Back to normal. Been wrestling with this program for months. Thick thick skull 😂

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 - glad you are feeling better. I also got Covid a few weeks back and am still not quite right. I still feel like I have a mild cold, lack energy and am constantly congested. The stuff is no joke.

Last night I was goofing off on Ebay and ended up winning a couple modern dollar proofs on the cheap! I mean really cheap, as I paid less than $12 for BOTH of them (plus $10 shipping).

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin @FlyingAl . I also enjoyed your thoughts and commentary.

I don't think that your coin falls into this category but I want to mention for others that may be viewing.
    There are a lot and I mean a LOT of copper cents being toned in the holder now. Buyer beware.

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FlyingAl That is just a jaw dropping, gorgeous coin no matter how you look at it. In general, I am not a fan of rainbow toning, however, I am a huge fan of purple/blue toning on copper. Maybe it's because purple is my favorite color? I don't know, but I know what you mean, and fully appreciate your research into the matter, but in the end, if you love the coin, that's all that matters, and that IHC is absolutely beautiful!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning my coin brothers and sisters!
    No coins until later on today. Think I’ll peruse my world coin box this afternoon.
    Right now, just checking out the forums with a cup of Nantucket Blend. Im going to start some sausage and eggs for me and the Mrs. soon.

• Options
    pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a wonderful dollar!! @Inspired70

That get's the sleep out of the eyes in a hurry

So glad to hear the little man is progressing @Jzyskowski1 He looks good!!

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file