Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

1181182184186187211

Comments

  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Nickpatton said:
    I know……. Especiallyto me….. I can’t open it until I get a chance…….. I’m working on that now‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
    I know it’s gonna be good ‼️‼️‼️👍👍👀👍👍👍🎯‼️‼️‼️‼️

    .

    .

    Is that new new stuff or old new stuff?

    Z

    Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

    Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭

    It’s the new with no MM counter stamp‼️‼️👍🎯⁉️‼️‼️‼️‼️

  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That's one heck of a haul . . . .

    Z

    Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

    Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2022 4:46PM

    I’m broke‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️‼️…….. but happy ‼️‼️👍👍🎯👀🎯🎯🎯👍‼️‼️‼️( not 4 sale)‼️‼️

  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love those Seated Liberty Dollars @Nickpatton !

    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2022 4:50PM
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

    BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,...
  • alefzeroalefzero Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2022 4:54PM

    Good and Bad on Carr coins from me.

    First the good. Received the 8 (2 sets) of Seated dollars overstrikes and they are truly fab.

    The bad? Well it is not bad on him but on eBay. There was a cool low mintage Lib Head $20 overstrike ANACS 70 on eBay. The host coin would have cost $2000 or so and Carr charged, I think, $350 for his magic. It hammered below that total and the seller, after fees and all, probably was lucky to recover the host coin cost. I tried to bid $3k over the last 5 minutes, repeated getting a message that my bid was not accepted. I was willing to even go a little higher in the closing seconds.

    No time to contact eBay and it closed. This had happened several times before. I was told I was prevented from bidding because of an unpaid lot last Spring. When we looked up that lot, I was the seller and the buyer DID NOT PAY ME. I have not checked whether they charged me the FVF. Got through on chat and was steamed. I was told that bids above a certain level were blocked to protect me from overbidding. I informed them that I routinely buy several thousand dollar fixed-price coins every month and pay for them immediately without a hitch. Screw them. They said it was manually removed, but I don't even care anymore.


  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

    That was a deal on the 1908-O. I paid a lot more from the source.

  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Awesome group of Carrs on hard-to-find host coins !!!

    I had no clue ebay might protect me from purchasing something I want that their system feels I should not buy.
    This odd service feature screws up the buyer and really hurts the seller as higher bids get trash canned.

    @alefzero said:
    Good and Bad on Carr coins from me.

    First the good. Received the 8 (2 sets) of Seated dollars overstrikes and they are truly fab.

    The bad? Well it is not bad on him but on eBay. There was a cool low mintage Lib Head $20 overstrike ANACS 70 on eBay. The host coin would have cost $2000 or so and Carr charged, I think, $350 for his magic. It hammered below that total and the seller, after fees and all, probably was lucky to recover the host coin cost. I tried to bid $3k over the last 5 minutes, repeated getting a message that my bid was not accepted. I was willing to even go a little higher in the closing seconds.

    No time to contact eBay and it closed. This had happened several times before. I was told I was prevented from bidding because of an unpaid lot last Spring. When we looked up that lot, I was the seller and the buyer DID NOT PAY ME. I have not checked whether they charged me the FVF. Got through on chat and was steamed. I was told that bids above a certain level were blocked to protect me from overbidding. I informed them that I routinely buy several thousand dollar fixed-price coins every month and pay for them immediately without a hitch. Screw them. They said it was manually removed, but I don't even care anymore.


  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Those are all looking great. I am still trying to track down host coins to send in.

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 7:16AM


    Anybody ever see one of these before⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️Is this Dan’s work⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 12:13PM

    Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

    .

  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Not likely . . . .

    Z

    Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

    Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭

    @ZoidMeister said:
    Not likely . . . .

    Z

    That’s what I’m thinking……… Dan’ll git’em if it ain’t his‼️‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️‼️‼️

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 1:26PM

    Hey Nick, I think that item is made in China...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/124875150301

    Edit: Corrected link.

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 1:31PM


    @COCollector said:
    Hey Nick, I think that item is made in China...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/12487515030

    @COCollector said:
    Hey Nick, I think that item is made in China...

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/12487515030

    Well, it don’t look like their gonna sell any to us….. does it,( That’s so wrong‼️‼️‼️)………… they can’t copy him‼️‼️😱🎯👀👎👎I went back to eBay and now it sez Daniel Carr LIKE Knight of the Coin Table……. I bet Daniel Carr don’t LIKE…….. them using his name ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️🎯👎‼️‼️

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 1:26PM

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bullsitter said:
    Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

    .

    Post up a link. The listing posted by @COCollector doesn't seem to specifically mention Daniel Carr.

    Z

    Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

    Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I notified the Seller that the item's Description is wrong. He replied quickly:

    More importantly, the listing now makes no mention of Dan Carr:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/144756141869?hash=item21b4236f2d:g:YkkAAOSwAw5jPuOA

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @ZoidMeister said:

    @Bullsitter said:
    Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

    .

    Post up a link. The listing posted by @COCollector doesn't seem to specifically mention Daniel Carr.

    Z

    .
    As mentioned above, it's been corrected -- there's no longer any mention of Dan. (I don't have a screen shot of the earlier erroneous listing.)

    But "Moonlight Mint" is still mentioned in the Seller notes, though I doubt most folks will notice...


    https://www.ebay.com/itm/144756141869?hash=item21b4236f2d:g:YkkAAOSwAw5jPuOA

    And if you're wondering about the CLEAN CHEEK note, it's apparently leftover from a template for a Carr 1964 Morgan.

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2022 5:41AM

    My bid got canceled by eBay…. Name looks familiar ‼️

  • COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Nickpatton said:
    My bid got canceled by eBay…. Name looks familiar...

    .
    Probably canceled because the listing says 1964 Morgan -- but the photo is 1909 Morgan.

    Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Akbeez said:


    .
    Another miracle strike by Dan. He took this f’d up SLD and made it something special with a double-strike to cloak the host coin damage.

    .
    I'm loving that one! "wow -incredible"
    Thirty-three 1874-CC minted so far, with "Some were over-struck with additional over-strikes off-center."
    I have two of the 33, but neither of them with additional over-strikes off center.
    Kudos to both you and Dan!

    Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Great write up @felinfoel

    Those look great. I’m still searching for host coins. Probably competing with others.

  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @felinfoel said:
    Dan's Seated Liberty Overstrikes are simply stunning. The option to locate one and have Dan overstrike it is still available. I found cleaned coins, detail graded, etc., and they came out amazing. If you're on the fence on ordering one: get off it.

    +1
    Amazing coins - especially knowing what the host coin looked like. I was in awe when I first saw mine. I thought that "this is how one looked fresh from the mint all those years ago".

    Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Dan is a great example of a guy that takes his art seriously. That last round of Seated coins was just superb.

  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 292 ✭✭✭✭

    I had no idea how good this “Toned Antique” piece looks “ in hand” compared to the pictures ‼️‼️👀🎯‼️‼️
    This piece made my day‼️‼️👀🎯👍👍

    It was supposed to be be delivered yesterday,(it wasn’t my regular postman), I asked him about it, and he said he didn’t know anything about it ‼️‼️😱😱😱

    Then I tracked it, and the tracking said it was “returned to sender” due to insufficient address ‼️‼️‼️

    Bummer,so I didn’t think I was gonna see it for quite a while ‼️

    So , when the postman came by, I checked the mail and it wasn’t there‼️‼️Only bills‼️😱😱😱

    But, about 20 minutes later he came back by…….and there it was‼️‼️‼️👍👀🎯‼️‼️ I had already given up‼️‼️‼️
    This piece is too kool‼️👍👀🎯

    This piece is number 010….., but really there were only 5 “ toned antique “ for Colorado Labels Coins G&S……….. and this is the last of the 5 Dan minted for them



    ‼️‼️👍👀🎯🏆‼️👍👍
    Dan Carr forever‼️‼️‼️👍👀🎯
    Love this piece ‼️👀🎯🏆🏆

    I wonder if Dan realizes how much “joy” imparts his fans‼️‼️‼️🎯🎯👀👍👍👍

    Yep, I’m a “DAN FAN”………. with capital letters ‼️‼️‼️‼️

  • felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 391 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2022 5:11PM

    Just a heads-up to be careful of any of Dan's coins that are listed like this: "Extremely RARE 1 of only 2 graded DCAM". I'm referring to this auction of a 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6):

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/144758795058?hash=item21b44beb32

    I saw that auction, and thought "I own two of Dan's 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6), both graded DCAM".

    The issue is: ANACS has been very inconsistent in their attribution of coins, especially for Dan's 1964 Peace dollars (with lot of different die pairs, etc). They combine different die pairs under the same population report, and they sometimes split the same coin across multiple population reports.

    I'm not saying that the seller is dishonest: I'm sure they have no idea this happens. And that is an amazing coin.

    You can verify the certs here: https://portal.anacs.com/Verify/CertVerification.aspx

    Here's their coin: 7443850

    Here are my two: 5093702 and 5093703

    Those are all the same coin, and all graded MS69 DCAM. My coins population reports show a total of ten MS 69 DCAMs, and their coin shows two MS 69 DCAMs. So there are probably at least 12, but it's hard to know for sure.

  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Magic!

    Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Wow, very impressive!

    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Dang - I wish I had thought to take photos of the host coins. I'm loving the before and after photos.

    Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @felinfoel said:
    Just a heads-up to be careful of any of Dan's coins that are listed like this: "Extremely RARE 1 of only 2 graded DCAM". I'm referring to this auction of a 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6):

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/144758795058?hash=item21b44beb32

    I saw that auction, and thought "I own two of Dan's 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6), both graded DCAM".

    The issue is: ANACS has been very inconsistent in their attribution of coins, especially for Dan's 1964 Peace dollars (with lot of different die pairs, etc). They combine different die pairs under the same population report, and they sometimes split the same coin across multiple population reports.

    I'm not saying that the seller is dishonest: I'm sure they have no idea this happens. And that is an amazing coin.

    You can verify the certs here: https://portal.anacs.com/Verify/CertVerification.aspx

    Here's their coin: 7443850

    Here are my two: 5093702 and 5093703

    Those are all the same coin, and all graded MS69 DCAM. My coins population reports show a total of ten MS 69 DCAMs, and their coin shows two MS 69 DCAMs. So there are probably at least 12, but it's hard to know for sure.

    PCGS only gave a PL on mine.

  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

    It was nice when Dan came here last year and said something to the effect of "you have a month left" on the gold double eagle overstrikes.

    I appreciate how long the offering was, but I struggled to find decent/affordable host coins, and decided NOT to send in my two holed coins ~

    I look forward to seeing these pop up at auctions in the future and maybe I'll find the o mints for my collection then... congrats to all those who got what they were looking for this time around.

    It's all about what the people want...

  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭✭✭

    And of Couse big thanks to Mint Master Daniel Carr on these lovely coins

    It's all about what the people want...

  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Bullsitter said:
    1837-O no longer available....Final mintage...54

    Thanks for the update. I had not noticed that. I had a few bids in on coins and will let them go. Looking forward to his next offering.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file