Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    I saw some stuff I wanted there at CCN……………. But I’m afraid to buy anything there ……. Doesn’t even mention Dan Carrs name on stuff he minted‼️‼️😱😱😱😱

I believe they are in ANACS slabs from what others have posted here. Not sure what the label says though. Probably best to talk to them.

@SPalladino said:

@pcgscacgold said:
    Around $199 gets you the drummer and $239 gets the off center obverse.

Thank you, @pcgscacgold ! I picked up a few DC / MM items, but the 1922 Peace offcenter obverse was nowhere to be found. I'm guessing that someone/folks here beat me to whatever was left of that one in the inventory.

You are welcome. For me the off center was in the second page and the last one to the right.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15, 2022 3:49PM

@pcgscacgold said:

@Nickpatton said:
    I saw some stuff I wanted there at CCN……………. But I’m afraid to buy anything there ……. Doesn’t even mention Dan Carrs name on stuff he minted‼️‼️😱😱😱😱

I believe they are in ANACS slabs from what others have posted here. Not sure what the label says though. Probably best to talk to them.

The ANACS slabs do mention "Daniel Carr" on the backs of the labels.

Note that I have not (and do not) have any direct contact with "Chopper's" (Shop CCN).
    The entity that commissions me to make some things apparently has a deal with them.
    And so many (but not all) of the commissioned items end up there.

PS:
    In addition to the "American Silver Eagles" category, they also have some "Carr" items in the "Shipwreck" and "Everything Else" categories.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:

@Nickpatton said:

Everything that I bought today mentioned being in an ANACS holder.
    I'm guessing that the entity that commissioned the work from Daniel / Moonlight Mint had them bulk submitted to ANACS.
    I'm also guessing that the ANACS holders look something like this:

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor

For those unable to load the site the 1963 Kennedy Half is there, the Oregon Trail O/S, the Stella copper and silver 2 coin set and a few others along with 14 Silver Eagle designs including Roman numeral designs for those that like that.

• rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

Name that D Carr!

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • D808LFD808LF Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭✭

We must be getting bored between product offerings. ;)

fka renman95, Sep 2005, 7,000 posts

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 363 ✭✭✭✭

@rooksmith said:

Name that D Carr!

I thought of this one ‼️

Gotta admit, I really like the Nevada Coin -especially this part

• TopcatCoinTopcatCoin Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TopcatCoin said:

I'm guessing it compares favorably to Dan's previous Mercury dimes, which were outstanding.

From an earlier post...

@dcarr said:
    ...In terms of overall quality, I think the best over-strike that I have done is the "1933-D" Winged Liberty Head ("Mercury"). Considering that it is a difficult small coin with fine details (especially on the reverse), I was happy with the way it turned out.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Has anyone received shipping on their order for Seated Liberty dollar overstrike of mailed-in Seated Liberty dollar(s)?

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2022 5:46PM

Dan's on it! I am certain of it.

In the meanwhiles,

I got me an aftermarket goodie head'n my way, today it seems.

I could be movin from 1 of a 100 DC collectable to a 2 of a hundred on a limited one per person ceiling

Is tomorrow September 1st ?

How crazy is that ?

Seriously,

Where has 2022 gone ?

I'm certain that he's on it as well. Just getting fired up to see some images or get one in hand.

In the meantime for me, I should be receiving four of Daniel's minted items sold through CCN.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice piece Zoid — I’d like one antiqued or colored as that’s my thang. But thought I’d add to the fray while waiting for my Seated Dollar overstrike….

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

I LOVE the Stonehenge designs. <3

GrandAm :)
    edited September 13, 2022 1:41PM

Check this out……. I have the rarest ANACS population of any of their graded piece ‼️‼️

I told them about this problem 3 times‼️‼️

The first time I checked the population when it came back from them….. the image was there, but it said there were no MS70’s in the population ‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️😱😱😱

I emailed them and called them and they said they’d fix it……. So I waited a while…… and when I did the population search, the MS70 came up on the search…… but the image had disappeared….. and it still said no MS70’s had been ever graded ‼️‼️‼️‼️

So I called and emailed again….. and when I checked the population again….. the image is back………. But it still says no MS70’s have ever been in the population ‼️‼️‼️👀😱😱😱😱

So who you gonna believe….. me or the ANACS population search ⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

I’m gonna believe me,( cause I have it in hand), And the image of this piece comes up when you pull it up by the certification number,(7353816)… Says MS70, and so does the image………. Even though the population search lines below the image says they’ve never had one in their population ‼️👀👀🎯⁉️⁉️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

That’s my story and I’m sticking’ to it‼️‼️‼️👀👍👍👍👍

P.S. Dan only did 22 of these color toned of which this is…….. and ANACS says it has the rarest ANACS population of ZERO, and I like it like that…… why change it…….. I’m the only kid on the block that’s got one like it ‼️‼️‼️👀👍👍👍👀🎯‼️‼️‼️Best mess up they coulda done‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️‼️👀‼️‼️

So,,,,, does anyone have a list of Dan's coins that PCGS will currently grade? I know it was reported that a few had been graded.

@GRANDAM said:
    So,,,,, does anyone have a list of Dan's coins that PCGS will currently grade? I know it was reported that a few had been graded.

Not the exact answer that you are looking for, but:
    There are some of Dan's pieces listed in the Krause Publications reference - those will be accepted by PCGS.
    PCGS reference here

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool medal :)

I believe the 2 lines of the ANACS population report that you are showing are for the 2017 GCC Silver Eagle Overstrike and for the 2017 GCC Copper Zombucks Overstrike.

I don't believe that either 13 or 14 of the color toned were graded. I hope ANACS does NOT add your 70 to either of those lines as it would be inaccurate. There should be a separate entry for the color toned like you have.

Michael Kittle
    President, Glendale Coin Club

:+1:

@SPalladino said:

@GRANDAM said:

Not the exact answer that you are looking for, but:
    There are some of Dan's pieces listed in the Krause Publications reference - those will be accepted by PCGS.
    PCGS reference here

Thanks

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mintage figures updated on the Seated Liberty Dollar O/S pieces.

1874-S = 20
    1874-CC = 33
    1853-O = 28
    1837-O = 41

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Has anyone received shipping on their order for Seated Liberty dollar overstrike of mailed-in Seated Liberty dollar(s)?

I received a shipping notice email this morning!

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@COCollector said:

@SPalladino said:

I received a shipping notice email this morning!

I received a shipping email as well!! Now the wait for the USPS 'tour of the West' begins. I'm looking forward to seeing these beauties in about 7-10 days.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member

Oh, Boy‼️👀‼️👍🎯‼️👀‼️‼️‼️👍⁉️👍👍
    Wonder who sent me this‼️‼️‼️‼️👍👍👍👍👀‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️👍👍👍‼️

Nick, that's bordering on cruel and unusual punishment...... :#

I know……. Especiallyto me….. I can’t open it until I get a chance…….. I’m working on that now‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
    I know it’s gonna be good ‼️‼️‼️👍👍👀👍👍👍🎯‼️‼️‼️‼️

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nickpatton said:
    I know……. Especiallyto me….. I can’t open it until I get a chance…….. I’m working on that now‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
    I know it’s gonna be good ‼️‼️‼️👍👍👀👍👍👍🎯‼️‼️‼️‼️

Is that new new stuff or old new stuff?

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

It’s the new with no MM counter stamp‼️‼️👍🎯⁉️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's one heck of a haul . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

edited September 23, 2022 5:46PM

I’m broke‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️‼️…….. but happy ‼️‼️👍👍🎯👀🎯🎯🎯👍‼️‼️‼️( not 4 sale)‼️‼️

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love those Seated Liberty Dollars @Nickpatton !

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 26, 2022 5:50PM
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • alefzeroalefzero Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2022 5:54PM

Good and Bad on Carr coins from me.

First the good. Received the 8 (2 sets) of Seated dollars overstrikes and they are truly fab.

The bad? Well it is not bad on him but on eBay. There was a cool low mintage Lib Head $20 overstrike ANACS 70 on eBay. The host coin would have cost $2000 or so and Carr charged, I think, $350 for his magic. It hammered below that total and the seller, after fees and all, probably was lucky to recover the host coin cost. I tried to bid $3k over the last 5 minutes, repeated getting a message that my bid was not accepted. I was willing to even go a little higher in the closing seconds.

No time to contact eBay and it closed. This had happened several times before. I was told I was prevented from bidding because of an unpaid lot last Spring. When we looked up that lot, I was the seller and the buyer DID NOT PAY ME. I have not checked whether they charged me the FVF. Got through on chat and was steamed. I was told that bids above a certain level were blocked to protect me from overbidding. I informed them that I routinely buy several thousand dollar fixed-price coins every month and pay for them immediately without a hitch. Screw them. They said it was manually removed, but I don't even care anymore.

That was a deal on the 1908-O. I paid a lot more from the source.

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome group of Carrs on hard-to-find host coins !!!

I had no clue ebay might protect me from purchasing something I want that their system feels I should not buy.
    This odd service feature screws up the buyer and really hurts the seller as higher bids get trash canned.

@alefzero said:
    Good and Bad on Carr coins from me.

First the good. Received the 8 (2 sets) of Seated dollars overstrikes and they are truly fab.

The bad? Well it is not bad on him but on eBay. There was a cool low mintage Lib Head $20 overstrike ANACS 70 on eBay. The host coin would have cost $2000 or so and Carr charged, I think, $350 for his magic. It hammered below that total and the seller, after fees and all, probably was lucky to recover the host coin cost. I tried to bid $3k over the last 5 minutes, repeated getting a message that my bid was not accepted. I was willing to even go a little higher in the closing seconds.

No time to contact eBay and it closed. This had happened several times before. I was told I was prevented from bidding because of an unpaid lot last Spring. When we looked up that lot, I was the seller and the buyer DID NOT PAY ME. I have not checked whether they charged me the FVF. Got through on chat and was steamed. I was told that bids above a certain level were blocked to protect me from overbidding. I informed them that I routinely buy several thousand dollar fixed-price coins every month and pay for them immediately without a hitch. Screw them. They said it was manually removed, but I don't even care anymore.

Those are all looking great. I am still trying to track down host coins to send in.

edited October 6, 2022 8:16AM

Anybody ever see one of these before⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️Is this Dan’s work⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️⁉️

edited October 6, 2022 1:13PM

Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file