Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not likely . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• NickpattonNickpatton Posts: 361 ✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    Not likely . . . .

Z

That’s what I’m thinking……… Dan’ll git’em if it ain’t his‼️‼️‼️‼️🎯‼️‼️‼️

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2022 2:26PM

Hey Nick, I think that item is made in China...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124875150301

Edit: Corrected link.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

edited October 6, 2022 2:31PM

@COCollector said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12487515030

@COCollector said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/12487515030

Well, it don’t look like their gonna sell any to us….. does it,( That’s so wrong‼️‼️‼️)………… they can’t copy him‼️‼️😱🎯👀👎👎I went back to eBay and now it sez Daniel Carr LIKE Knight of the Coin Table……. I bet Daniel Carr don’t LIKE…….. them using his name ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️🎯👎‼️‼️

edited October 6, 2022 2:26PM

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@Bullsitter said:
    Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

Post up a link. The listing posted by @COCollector doesn't seem to specifically mention Daniel Carr.

Z

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

I notified the Seller that the item's Description is wrong. He replied quickly:

More importantly, the listing now makes no mention of Dan Carr:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/144756141869?hash=item21b4236f2d:g:YkkAAOSwAw5jPuOA

@ZoidMeister said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Nick, I've never seen one.... :#
    BUT it's listed on Ebay as such.

Post up a link. The listing posted by @COCollector doesn't seem to specifically mention Daniel Carr.

Z

As mentioned above, it's been corrected -- there's no longer any mention of Dan. (I don't have a screen shot of the earlier erroneous listing.)

But "Moonlight Mint" is still mentioned in the Seller notes, though I doubt most folks will notice...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144756141869?hash=item21b4236f2d:g:YkkAAOSwAw5jPuOA

And if you're wondering about the CLEAN CHEEK note, it's apparently leftover from a template for a Carr 1964 Morgan.

edited October 7, 2022 6:41AM

My bid got canceled by eBay…. Name looks familiar ‼️

@Nickpatton said:
    My bid got canceled by eBay…. Name looks familiar...

Probably canceled because the listing says 1964 Morgan -- but the photo is 1909 Morgan.

• SPalladinoSPalladino Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

Another miracle strike by Dan. He took this f’d up SLD and made it something special with a double-strike to cloak the host coin damage.

I'm loving that one! "wow -incredible"
    Thirty-three 1874-CC minted so far, with "Some were over-struck with additional over-strikes off-center."
    I have two of the 33, but neither of them with additional over-strikes off center.
    Kudos to both you and Dan!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
    - DIVa (Designated Ike Varieties) Project co-lead and attributor
  • pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great write up @felinfoel

Those look great. I’m still searching for host coins. Probably competing with others.

@felinfoel said:
    Dan's Seated Liberty Overstrikes are simply stunning. The option to locate one and have Dan overstrike it is still available. I found cleaned coins, detail graded, etc., and they came out amazing. If you're on the fence on ordering one: get off it.

+1
    Amazing coins - especially knowing what the host coin looked like. I was in awe when I first saw mine. I thought that "this is how one looked fresh from the mint all those years ago".

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • Eldorado9Eldorado9 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan is a great example of a guy that takes his art seriously. That last round of Seated coins was just superb.

I had no idea how good this “Toned Antique” piece looks “ in hand” compared to the pictures ‼️‼️👀🎯‼️‼️
    This piece made my day‼️‼️👀🎯👍👍

It was supposed to be be delivered yesterday,(it wasn’t my regular postman), I asked him about it, and he said he didn’t know anything about it ‼️‼️😱😱😱

Then I tracked it, and the tracking said it was “returned to sender” due to insufficient address ‼️‼️‼️

Bummer,so I didn’t think I was gonna see it for quite a while ‼️

So , when the postman came by, I checked the mail and it wasn’t there‼️‼️Only bills‼️😱😱😱

But, about 20 minutes later he came back by…….and there it was‼️‼️‼️👍👀🎯‼️‼️ I had already given up‼️‼️‼️
    This piece is too kool‼️👍👀🎯

This piece is number 010….., but really there were only 5 “ toned antique “ for Colorado Labels Coins G&S……….. and this is the last of the 5 Dan minted for them

‼️‼️👍👀🎯🏆‼️👍👍
    Dan Carr forever‼️‼️‼️👍👀🎯
    Love this piece ‼️👀🎯🏆🏆

I wonder if Dan realizes how much “joy” imparts his fans‼️‼️‼️🎯🎯👀👍👍👍

Yep, I’m a “DAN FAN”………. with capital letters ‼️‼️‼️‼️

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2022 6:11PM

Just a heads-up to be careful of any of Dan's coins that are listed like this: "Extremely RARE 1 of only 2 graded DCAM". I'm referring to this auction of a 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144758795058?hash=item21b44beb32

I saw that auction, and thought "I own two of Dan's 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6), both graded DCAM".

The issue is: ANACS has been very inconsistent in their attribution of coins, especially for Dan's 1964 Peace dollars (with lot of different die pairs, etc). They combine different die pairs under the same population report, and they sometimes split the same coin across multiple population reports.

I'm not saying that the seller is dishonest: I'm sure they have no idea this happens. And that is an amazing coin.

You can verify the certs here: https://portal.anacs.com/Verify/CertVerification.aspx

Here's their coin: 7443850

Here are my two: 5093702 and 5093703

Those are all the same coin, and all graded MS69 DCAM. My coins population reports show a total of ten MS 69 DCAMs, and their coin shows two MS 69 DCAMs. So there are probably at least 12, but it's hard to know for sure.

Magic!

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, very impressive!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

Dang - I wish I had thought to take photos of the host coins. I'm loving the before and after photos.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • robecrobec Posts: 6,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    Just a heads-up to be careful of any of Dan's coins that are listed like this: "Extremely RARE 1 of only 2 graded DCAM". I'm referring to this auction of a 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144758795058?hash=item21b44beb32

I saw that auction, and thought "I own two of Dan's 1964 Proof Peace (die pair 6), both graded DCAM".

The issue is: ANACS has been very inconsistent in their attribution of coins, especially for Dan's 1964 Peace dollars (with lot of different die pairs, etc). They combine different die pairs under the same population report, and they sometimes split the same coin across multiple population reports.

I'm not saying that the seller is dishonest: I'm sure they have no idea this happens. And that is an amazing coin.

You can verify the certs here: https://portal.anacs.com/Verify/CertVerification.aspx

Here's their coin: 7443850

Here are my two: 5093702 and 5093703

Those are all the same coin, and all graded MS69 DCAM. My coins population reports show a total of ten MS 69 DCAMs, and their coin shows two MS 69 DCAMs. So there are probably at least 12, but it's hard to know for sure.

PCGS only gave a PL on mine.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was nice when Dan came here last year and said something to the effect of "you have a month left" on the gold double eagle overstrikes.

I appreciate how long the offering was, but I struggled to find decent/affordable host coins, and decided NOT to send in my two holed coins ~

I look forward to seeing these pop up at auctions in the future and maybe I'll find the o mints for my collection then... congrats to all those who got what they were looking for this time around.

It's all about what the people want...

And of Couse big thanks to Mint Master Daniel Carr on these lovely coins

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    1837-O no longer available....Final mintage...54

Thanks for the update. I had not noticed that. I had a few bids in on coins and will let them go. Looking forward to his next offering.

Anyone going to the Denver Coin Expo today? Any new MM releases at Dan's booth?

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pcgscacgold said:

@Bullsitter said:

Thanks for the update. I had not noticed that. I had a few bids in on coins and will let them go. Looking forward to his next offering.
    >

Interesting. I wonder if that is because the 37-O’s leave such a ghost on later dates?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Maybe the winding down of the SLD overstrikes, along with the winding down of new US Mint offerings in 2022, means that the winding up of Moonlight Mint 2022 Peace silver dollars is growing near.

Steve Palladino
    - Ike Group member
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SPalladino said:
    Maybe the winding down of the SLD overstrikes, along with the winding down of new US Mint offerings in 2022, means that the winding up of Moonlight Mint 2022 Peace silver dollars is growing near.

Egads.....I forgot about those.... :#

I've got an incoming . . . . . the Holy Grail of MMOH pieces.

I absolutely broke someone's heart on fleaBay. Hopefully not one of y'all . . . . .

Sellers photos, or wait until it arrives . . . . . ?

Z

• TomBTomB Posts: 21,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Photos!

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show 'em twice, now and when they arrive, more bang for the buck..... B)

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@Akbeez said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@Bullsitter said:

>

Interesting. I wonder if that is because the 37-O’s leave such a ghost on later dates?

Thanks — anyone pics of these?

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

@Akbeez said:

@COCollector said:

@Akbeez said:

@pcgscacgold said:

@Bullsitter said:

>

Thanks — anyone pics of these?

Oh, looks like the die broke on the 1837-o, hence final production numbers, thanks for posting that info

edited October 16, 2022 8:45PM

@ZoidMeister said:
    I've got an incoming . . . . . the Holy Grail of MMOH pieces.

I absolutely broke someone's heart on fleaBay. Hopefully not one of y'all . . . . .

Sellers photos, or wait until it arrives . . . . . ?

Z

Let us know, bro‼️‼️👍👍🎯‼️‼️
    (Sent you an email here also)
    Thanks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file