Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeeaayyy..... Silver. Been a while since I got silver in the Coinstar. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Silver and a wheatie... Very nice. I have not had any luck for quite a while now... Due for a big haul. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

I've found a few Canadian coins. Some silver Kennedy s and one Franklin half. Not show in my photo. But here are a few from my last trip.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

@rooksmith ... You have found silver Kennedy halves in the reject bin? Your statement indicates you have found several... that is great, I have never found one in the reject bin. Not even the clad half dollar coins. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 18, 2021 7:49AM

@ricko said:
    @rooksmith ... You have found silver Kennedy halves in the reject bin? Your statement indicates you have found several... that is great, I have never found one in the reject bin. Not even the clad half dollar coins. Cheers, RickO

Two 1964 Kennedy's and one 1963 Franklin half in the same day. I was dumping a load of junk coins I didn't want (mostly copper-zinc pennies and scratched up clads) at the Coin Star. Got an Amazon.com gift card worth $85. When I checked the discard bin, it was full of coins from other people, including a few beat up coins of my own (oops, I think that Susan B. Anthony was in there was mine - like a bad penny).

Some little kids (two 10 year old girls) were watching me pull all this out of the discards, so I gave the Kennedys to them and kept the Franklin. There were also a few bi-metal euro's that I also gave to the girls. They were thrilled.

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭✭✭

$0.55 US change, nice 1940 Canadian nickel, 2 Canadian dimes and a decent steel 1943-P Lincoln... better than a sharp stick in the eye!

Mark

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    The Coinstar by me has been dry for months. I think an employee is hitting it.

It's like fishing, you just have to keep throwing your line out there...

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

My coin star had been dry lately but I also have a well traveled alley to the corner store. Find change all the time. In their parking lot its like people just throw change away! Yesterday my grandson and I found a Pokémon card cast away like the change. Long and short grandson provided explanation that sounded a lot like the reasons why we find “un-wanted” change. No value or unrecognized value. Kids are pretty dang smart these days 😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@DNADave said:
    Though I had a find today. Lol

Cousins 😂

• Options

Silver dimes seem to one of the most frequent precious metal finds... seldom quarters, halves even more rare...not sure the machine even takes halves now. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited November 10, 2021 6:37AM

@JonZtuff ... Welcome aboard.... WOW!!! That is amazing.... never saw a haul like that before. Outstanding finds. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonZtuff said:

Unbelievable coinstar find

Amazing!

Congrats

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonZtuff said:

I think this is a proof, saw it sitting in reject cup, felt bad for it so I gave it a home

Is it silver? And yes it is a proof

• Options

@USMarine6.... Silver in the reject slot is always nice... and so often it is a dime....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a 64 dime a couple of days ago.

• Options

Silver quarters are not commonly found in the reject bin.... usually dimes. Very nice find, and an S mint as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMarine6 said:
    Went shopping with the wife and figured I'd check. One lonely silver Rosie staring at me. 2 for 2 can't believe you guys got me checking all the time now

Nice find Marine. Oorah!

• Options

Hey semper fi- double dime 😉

• Options

Day before yesterday.... Found two wheaties - 1930 and 1937.... A week ago (forgot to post) found seventeen cents (no wheaties) and two dimes (not silver). Cheers, RickO

• Options

Wouldn’t it be fun if we all got in some imaginary trouble for this. Can you imagine the mug shots. 😂 Hardly your collection of hardened criminals. “Well your honor, I’m part of this forum and… never mind. Guilty 😉

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    coinguy2021coinguy2021 Posts: 1
    edited December 15, 2021 8:36PM

November 20, found a 64 Roosevelt and a 1944D US Philippine Commonweath 20 centavos, at least VF. According to eBay, one just like the one I found but not as nice a condition just sold for $30.

• Options

@coinguy2021 .... Welcome aboard... Always nice to find silver dimes in the coinstar reject bin. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@coinguy2021 said:
    November 20, found a 64 Roosevelt and a 1944D US Philippine Commonweath 20 centavos, at least VF. According to eBay, one just like the one I found but not as nice a condition just sold for $30.

Just like that your life improved immediately 😉. I am always amazed at how awesome this joint is.
    Welcome. By the way,congratulations your first post wasn’t “I found this in the parking lot at 7 - 11. How much is it worth? 😂 Hang around it happens about once a week.
    My one and only coin star is right out in the view of all. I smile and usually say its tough getting by on SS I Retirement 😉

• Options

One lonely, somewhat messed up, Lincoln Memorial cent yesterday.... Slim pickens the last week or so... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2021 7:53AM

Entered my local Kroger yesterday and Beavis and Butthead (or was it Dumb and Dumber) were at the Coinstar machine stuffing their life savings into the hopper and consoling each other with the fact that "I think they only take 12 1/2%". After cruising a few aisles I went back to see if there was anything in the return slot and found $4.16 in change plus a India 25 Paise, a British One Pence and a arcade token. The boys were nowhere to be found or I would have given it back to them and gave them along with a lesson in economics.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2021 10:55AM

The local California Safeway store moved their Coinstar machine next to the employee break area.

Haven't found anything for a couple of months.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

The coinstar in the local market here, is right at the end of the checkout lines. I have seen clerks and managers scoop coins out of the reject slot. I had - a few years ago - asked a manager about finding coins there... He said "If no one is actually there using the machine, finders keepers.".... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haven't found anything in a good six months. Best finds were about $5 of quarters, and another time about 5 euros in small denomination coins.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options

@CoinHoarder... I see a couple of U.S. quarters in that bowl of foreign coins... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Elcontador said:
    Haven't found anything in a good six months. Best finds were about $5 of quarters, and another time about 5 euros in small denomination coins.

When I hear best find I immediately think of the gold peso found in the coin return 😉

• Options

@steelielee .... WOW!!! Jackpot!! Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 24, 2022 1:02PM

Today I found a white 1964 US dime and a 1968 magnetic nickel Canada quarter.
    The first significant finds in a few months.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file