Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Wow. Just wow. eBay has restricted PWCC’s selling privileges and listings effective immediately

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I have a feeling that at least for everything below the top 10% cards, ebay, PWCC, auction houses etc will be irrelevant in 10 years anyways. maybe less.

so many cards, including some big ones transact daily on facebook/instagram for no fees, more and more people will just start selling in that way. why on earth give ebay 10%???

where so many transactions are being done privately though, it is really hard to find comps.

I disagree. Where can people sell their less than $20 ungraded cards ?? Thousands of them ? The only place I see this happening consistently in on EBAY.

• Options
    FluxFlux Posts: 149 ✭✭

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:
    I have a feeling that at least for everything below the top 10% cards, ebay, PWCC, auction houses etc will be irrelevant in 10 years anyways. maybe less.

so many cards, including some big ones transact daily on facebook/instagram for no fees, more and more people will just start selling in that way. why on earth give ebay 10%???

where so many transactions are being done privately though, it is really hard to find comps.

Define top 10% because I believe that you are right for sub 100$ cards but I wouldn't be confident to sell or buy 500$ or 1000$ on Facebook. For me, having the intermediary is quite convenient.

What about Paypal and your Credit Card or Banking Institution. These 2 intermediaries are not enough?

• Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

Not to disagree completely because those markets are heating up but I would be worried about the security involved on a face to face high dollar transaction.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

Define top 10% because I believe that you are right for sub 100$ cards but I wouldn't be confident to sell or buy 500$ or 1000$ on Facebook. For me, having the intermediary is quite convenient.

What about Paypal and your Credit Card or Banking Institution. These 2 intermediaries are not enough?

I didn't know that Paypal was protecting sales between 2 persons (not involving a company seller).

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

I didn't know that Paypal was protecting sales between 2 persons (not involving a company seller).

As long as the sale is through goods and services it is protected.

• Options

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

@PaulMaul said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

Correct. And the same should apply when funded by any credible credit and banking institution. Use your Paypal lifeline first though.

• Options

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

@PaulMaul said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@Flux said:

@Cyberhawk_27 said:

@craig44 said:

Correct. And the same should apply when funded by any credible credit and banking institution. Use your Paypal lifeline first though.

Thanks for that. I guess we learn every day :smile:

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

@professorpuck said:
    PWCC notes the payout dates for every auction in your seller's portal. It's something like 2 weeks from close. It varies by consignment operation.

I used Probstein and the cards closed 5 weeks ago, and still have not received payment. Is this normal?

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mickey71 said:

@craig44 said:

I disagree. Where can people sell their less than $20 ungraded cards ?? Thousands of them ? The only place I see this happening consistently in on EBAY.

Sportlots auctions. about 80% of the time I finish well above ebay.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    voxels123voxels123 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:

@professorpuck said:
    PWCC notes the payout dates for every auction in your seller's portal. It's something like 2 weeks from close. It varies by consignment operation.

I used Probstein and the cards closed 5 weeks ago, and still have not received payment. Is this normal?

I used him several years ago and it took me 7 or 8 weeks as I recall

• Options

@voxels123 said:

@coolstanley said:

@professorpuck said:

Wow how horrible. Why so long? I will be looking into 4SC the next time!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attempting to find cards on PWCC’s new platform has really made me appreciate Ebays search options. Being able to refresh 50 or 200 saved searches in an instant or automatically send you search results is such a time saver.

• Options

Curious how the payouts from the first Pwcc monthly auction have gone? Have Peeps been paid? 5 weeks to get paid out by Probstein looks good considering Pwcc had to have been sitting on those cards for a minimum of 3 to 4 months now. Usually had to get them there the month prior to the auction. Then the auction runs. Then they got the boot. Regroup. Wait for their platform to go live. Wait for that auction to roll out and run, then wait how much longer to hopefully get paid? Imagine if there were non-payers and having to have it relisted for a 3rd time. Yikes.

Best of luck to everybody regardless of who they went with. I remember the good old days when none of this was even fathomable. 4sharpcorners is looking pretty good with that 6% deal. List fast, pay fast and they seem to have got much more volume and a higher caliber range of cards. FTR; I am a non-investor in any of the companies mentioned above.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

@voxels123 said:

@coolstanley said:

@professorpuck said:

So what you are saying is to stay away from Probstein and PWCC. You are probably right.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flux said:
    Curious how the payouts from the first Pwcc monthly auction have gone? Have Peeps been paid? 5 weeks to get paid out by Probstein looks good considering Pwcc had to have been sitting on those cards for a minimum of 3 to 4 months now. Usually had to get them there the month prior to the auction. Then the auction runs. Then they got the boot. Regroup. Wait for their platform to go live. Wait for that auction to roll out and run, then wait how much longer to hopefully get paid? Imagine if there were non-payers and having to have it relisted for a 3rd time. Yikes.

Best of luck to everybody regardless of who they went with. I remember the good old days when none of this was even fathomable. 4sharpcorners is looking pretty good with that 6% deal. List fast, pay fast and they seem to have got much more volume and a higher caliber range of cards. FTR; I am a non-investor in any of the companies mentioned above.

Not sure on PWCC monthly auction, but for PWCC marketplace, it has been fairly quick for items under $5,000, only a couple weeks, but has taken closer to a month or a little over for items over $10,000 for payout to hit the bank account.

• Options

Got this email from Probstein.

'We have switched from paypal payments to ACH payments. All payments moving forward will be sent via ACH. May you please provide us with the information below:'

1) Account #
    2) ACH Routing # (might be different than the wire number)
    3) Name the account is under
    4) Is it a personal or business account

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

Many people want competitors to fail, but it is good for the free market if there are lots of consignor who are successful. Nobody seems to understand that but hopefully it will sink in overtime.

The market seems very strong right now, and I can tell you as a matter of fact that all the above consignors are doing quite well right now. I have recently got some fantastic deals from 4SC via eBay on their auctions.

Cheers to investors and collectors alike!

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2021 7:47PM

@coolstanley said:

'We have switched from paypal payments to ACH payments. All payments moving forward will be sent via ACH. May you please provide us with the information below:'

1) Account #

sarcasm
    seems like a trustworthy outfit to provide Bank Account Information as well as any PII info they deem required /sarcasm

One of the selling points of Paypal they are an intermediary to protect sellers (and buyers) from having to dole out financial information to the other party.

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)

• Options
    edited November 8, 2021 3:22PM

@82FootballWaxMemorys said:

@coolstanley said:

1) Account #

sarcasm
    PWCC seems like trustworthy outfit to provide Bank Account Information as well as any PII info they deem required /sarcasm

I like how they are selling rare cards worth thousands of dollars that they don’t even have in their possession. Even when asked to double check and then they reply “Yes. We do not sell cards we are not in possession of”.

Ooof!

https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1493590

• Options

Too bad. PWCC should be "banned" from selling such cards!

Obviously no malicious intent on their part.

• Options

Having read through this one, it does sound like a totally honest mistake.

• Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2021 6:36PM

@professorpuck said:
    Having read through this one, it does sound like a totally honest mistake.

Except for “Noah” from PWCC saying that it’s in their possession and being prepped for shipping. I get that the eBay upheaval could cause inventory issues, but if someone reaches out to you with an apparent conflict about where a card is, I’d expect some due diligence before such a firm (and incorrect) response is sent out.

Jim

• Options
    BatpigBatpig Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I stopped doing business with them awhile ago, but these kinds of mistakes don’t exactly give you confidence. My own example - Back in March I got a decent sized check from them. The only problem was I hadn’t consigned anything with them for a couple years. I reached out and apparently they accidentally linked someone else’s consignment to my account.

• Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2021 8:04AM

@coolstanley said:

1) Account #

Doesn’t this violate EBay TOS? You can’t pay by money anymore or any other form of payment.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jayhawke said:

@coolstanley said:

1) Account #

Doesn’t this violate EBay TOS? You can’t pay by money anymore or any other form of payment.

I think this is referring to Probstein’s payments to consignors, which has nothing to do with eBay.

• Options

@PaulMaul said:

@jayhawke said:

@coolstanley said:

1) Account #

I think this is referring to Probstein’s payments to consignors, which has nothing to do with eBay.

Correct.

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@grote15 said:
    I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable providing all that banking information to Probstein.

I wonder why he quit sending payments via paypal?

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:

@voxels123 said:

@coolstanley said:

@professorpuck said:

So what you are saying is to stay away from Probstein and PWCC. You are probably right.

Art,

Do you know how the experience is with Greg Morris Good or Bad?

• Options

"_sarcasm
    _seems like a trustworthy outfit to provide Bank Account Information as well as any PII info they deem required /sarcasm

__One of the selling points of Paypal they are an intermediary to protect sellers (and buyers) from having to dole out financial information to the other party."

This information is on every check you write.

• Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2021 11:58AM

It's the singer not the song - Peter Townshend (1972)