Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The UNOFFICIAL 2021-S Proof Silver Eagle thread

Comments

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Yes all five orders flipped to processing and a couple CC charges or re-pings.. interesting since we heard some rumors yesterday that these would be delayed to the Dec-Jan timeframe 🤪

• Options
    DotStoreDotStore Posts: 702 ✭✭✭✭

Have they issued a reason how their reported sales figure for this product is 256,935 while their listed product limit is 200,000 for this product (21EMN)?

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

They dumped 50,000 more in the limited edition set

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back orders appear to be moving to processing

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Same here order placed on 8/22

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

8-12 processing
    9-25 processing

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    8-12 processing
    9-25 processing

Can you share the first few number of your order on 9/25? I have one as well but didnt flip

• Options

Let’s see… fishing pole ,lures ,bait,coffee. Let’s go hook a ase Cats are harnessed up. Yah giddy up kitties Good luck fellow early birds 🦅😉

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing available for this or the Unc.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 4:36AM

Nuttin. Had more luck wrangling the kitties. No nibbles, no bites 🙀😉
    (Sunday morning)

• Options

@Flips said:

@Bullsitter said:
    8-12 processing
    9-25 processing

Can you share the first few number of your order on 9/25? I have one as well but didnt flip

USM1177XXXX

• Options

@Bullsitter said:

@Flips said:

@Bullsitter said:
    8-12 processing
    9-25 processing

USM1177XXXX

Same here. Weird

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 4:54AM

@Mgarmy said:

Cancel on these?

• Options

Yep. Went from back order to processing. Bank account shows processing then I got email

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I too just received the cancellation notice, guess I will spend more time with USMint customer service and the awesome hold music

• Options

Another government debacle! They can "kitchen sink" all bad news and blame it on Ryder the convenient boogy-man. No real root cause analysis or solutions...just crappy processes forever. :(

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 4:59AM

Not me. My first one got a 70. The rest were back up

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've received 60 of these but suddenly got a cancelation notice as well for an original order of 3. Lmao. I'll probably call them, but I don't really care that much. These are starting to get played out.

• Options

5 orders/13 coins processing, all committed to others..since August - but now it's just easier to have all cancelled and be done with "swamp" coins. >:)

• Options
    zomrhinozomrhino Posts: 24 ✭✭

Processing this morning too USM11184xxx 🤞

• Options

Yep,
    Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, we are not able to fulfill it at this time. Please call our Customer Service Center at your earliest convenience. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

• Options

@CXD said:
    5 orders/13 coins processing, all committed to others..since August - but now it's just easier to have all cancelled and be done with "swamp" coins. >:)

It can get pretty stressful when buying to flip, especially if committed to others. Makes one rethink the “easy money “ aspect of all this.
    I did. Got one in the safe and fishing for an extra. No stress. No disappointment for me and others.

• Options

They oversold?

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    They oversold?

Maybe. Or they accidentally sent out the email. That happened earlier this year also.

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starting to get emails that orders can’t be processed too

• Options

Let’s see…. 200,000 + 50,000= 250,000 ugh…..
    256,935 sold. Ah ya this minus that,carry the 1 ahh
    They sold 6,935 too many

Next

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 6:24AM

My credit card was debited this AM....Processing.

11282xxx

• Options

I’ve noticed my orders of say 15-30 are shipping but orders of 99 are not. They might be getting out smaller orders and then cancle the big ones to limit individuals impacted.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

They win. I don’t give a 💩 if they cancel all my orders now where’s my Prozac?

• Options

@jessewvu said:
    I’ve noticed my orders of say 15-30 are shipping but orders of 99 are not. They might be getting out smaller orders and then cancle the big ones to limit individuals impacted.

Maybe, I don’t think they care that much

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

cancel notice for 2 orders now "processing"

they will say CC issues but I'm prepared. CC co says no declined transactions

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

They oversold this product by 56k+. The coins in the LESPS are a completely different product and have their own line item in their sales figures.

• Options

This is all an exercise to weed out the bot accounts. Same thing with emails earlier this year. Orders of 99 are also targeted for random cancellation without an email.

• Options

@DotStore said:
    They oversold this product by 56k+. The coins in the LESPS are a completely different product and have their own line item in their sales figures.

Mintage limit is none, correct? Product limit is what we are talking about.

I’ve been on the phone for over 1.5 hours.

Just talked to a rep and she daid the email went out in error and my orders are processing.

• Options
    edited October 8, 2021 6:51AM

@DotStore said:

Ok….they oversold it by 56,935. Sorry

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@DotStore said:

Just talked to a rep and she daid the email went out in error and my orders are processing.

Correct. I am talking about the PRODUCT LIMIT. This product had a limit of 200,000.

• Options

Copy, I’m tracking now. We shall see. Didn’t the mint oversell a product last year and did in fact ship out more than they should have?

• Options

@jessewvu said:

@DotStore said:

Wearing my tinfoil hat BUT...

The mint wants me to believe they "accidentally" sent out the same email TWICE this year. I am guessing they have something they check off on their side that you are a human and not a bot.

• Options

No accident or error. This was an "on purpose" action. To weed out? or recheck CC's? Multiple orders on the same CC's where the first goes through and then nothing for the second orders - including no rejections etc. But emails threatening cancellations fo all five orders! Whenever I speak with Mint Rep's I always feel like they are withholding info and/or just lying to me.

• Options
    OLCOLC Posts: 394 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have their ship method posted yet?

• Options

@OLC said:
    Does anyone have their ship method posted yet?

Free shipping...Method: Bestway USPS-FC or UPS-GND

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    An online Blogger I follow just sent out the following e-mail to his followers/flippers:

Please cancel any backordered Eagle S 21EMN mint coins from 8/12

A lot of you bought these coins from 2 months ago. It seems 90% of the coins have been delivered and so about 10% are unshipped and backordered. Please cancel these orders since my buyer is no longer taking them. It’s these coins to clarify – https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-proof-coin-21EMN.html

Just to clarify, no one expected the on sale to immediately go to BACKORDER status. Even so, back ordered coins usually ship earlier than expected. However it’s been 2 months and we still don’t know when the mint is going to ship these out. Plus, since 90% of the coins have shipped out already, it doesn’t make sense to keep orders for the remaining 10%. Usually coin buyers need the coins graded within 30 days to get a “first strike” designation and we are way past that date now. Also notice how the uncirculated coins have shipped before these coins shipped, so that also didn’t make any sense.

With all that said, the coins do still go for ~$130 on Ebay as of this post, so you can sell it there if you want. Pinehurst is also taking them at $90 per coin.

Reference: ---> https://milesperday.com/2021/10/please-cancel-any-backordered-eagle-s-21emn-mint-coins-from-8-12/

It appears that there may be a few coins becoming available (albeit backordered) over the next few days!

Enjoy!

Ya this blows. He puts it on the sellers he committed to buy from by saying you have no excuse to cancel since he letting them know he’s backing out. Yet they seem to be fine with backordered 2021 Morgan’s. My guess for a month or so until the market get tired of those. I put it on the buyers. Don’t make offers to buy until you are prepared to honor every commitment. Maybe that means waiting until coins begin to ship. Don’t expect to hold us to locked in deals when you back out of the ones you don’t like. Just for the record this has nothing to do with the buyers of my CC, D, S 2021 Morgan’s our deals are solid.

• Options

@Flips said:
    This is all an exercise to weed out the bot accounts. Same thing with emails earlier this year. Orders of 99 are also targeted for random cancellation without an email.

And how, exactly, would that work? A bot account is no different than a non-bot account once the order is placed. All the bot does is automatically place the order for the account holder.

• Options

@jessewvu said:

All my orders of 8-30 shipped but my 1st day orders of THREE were "canceled".

I think this is just a repeat of what happened earlier in the year with the delayed shipping. At that time, I called them and they told me all was fine.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@jessewvu said:

All my orders of 8-30 shipped but my 1st day orders of THREE were "canceled".

I think this is just a repeat of what happened earlier in the year with the delayed shipping. At that time, I called them and they told me all was fine.

Mine were canceled also. The CC company sent me an e-mail saying they processed a payment to the United States Mint for $219.00. This is the second time this has happened in the last few months.

I think there CC processor has a problem with not waiting long enough for the approval and is timing out, thus causing a false decline.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

My cc was hit for $223.95 last night. Order Number: USM111104xx coming through!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,398 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2021 8:54AM

Jillian told me all were processing...

without getting order numbers

Eric said one was on a payment hold ... I said I'd like to fix that now .. I was told "my system is having technical issues" ... was told the other order is processing normally

and I got the "call your bank" thing. I told them I already did and there were no declined charges

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Jillian told me all were processing...

without getting order numbers

Eric said one was on a payment hold ... I said I'd like to fix that now .. I was told "my system is having technical issues" ... was told the other order is processing normally

and I got the "call your bank" thing. I told them I already did and there were no declined charges

How do you even get through? All I ever get is a busy signal or a "your call did not go through as dialed". It was a nice trip back to the 1990s.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I went through live chat to resolve my issue

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file