Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Looks like they lifted the HHL on the Peace just now. Wonder if they opened up the window to sell a few. But the HHL has been lifted today by the Mint.

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Coinnmore said:
    Looks like they lifted the HHL on the Peace just now. Wonder if they opened up the window to sell a few. But the HHL has been lifted today by the Mint.

Negative on reopening up. I checked. Didn’t have any luck.

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Surprisingly I just got my 'Order Acknowledgement' email. That's a good thing.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options
    elbertaelberta Posts: 5
    edited August 11, 2021 10:58AM

How well do you think the Eagles and Morgans will keep their value in the future? Is it likely that the price will drop?

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Swampboy said:
    So all I have for my 3 Peace order is a 'Checkout Confirmation'. 12 hours later and no email yet.
    Should I be worried?

Same for my two orders as well

email Confirmation 6:00 A.M. PST today
    in like Flynn!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,323 ✭✭✭✭✭

@elberta said:
    How well do you think the Eagles and Morgans will keep their value in the future? Is it likely that the price will drop?

you collect because you want them, not because they will gain in value.

Why? because these will be cheaper after the hype dies down.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@elberta said:

you collect because you want them, not because they will gain in value.

Why? because these will be cheaper after the hype dies down.

Is it pretty typical? For the coin prices to skyrocket after release and then come down?

• Options

not every issue falls back to earth.

it's all on supply and demand. I predict these will come back down because I think demand is not all there. Although the CC and O are successful. so far. once october shipping starts I think there will be even more flippers selling than collectors buying.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

@elberta said:

95% chance with any mint product

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 11:59AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    CC looking ok not changing my card. Yesterday peace dollar charged my card. It hit my balance so. WTH

The Mint is not supposed to charge your cc until your order ships. You can find their policy here.

I am unable to explain why the charge 'posted'.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Except the CC and the peace dollar they will have legs for days 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

@MetroD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    CC looking ok not changing my card. Yesterday peace dollar charged my card. It hit my balance so. WTH

The Mint is not supposed to charge your cc until your order ships. You can find their policy here.

I will post if anything changes I hope it’s temporary but with tomorrow being my first attempt at enrollment I hope everything goes smoothly 🤓

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 12:17PM

After reading some of the latest comments here and the worrying going on...

I think the US Mint, in conjunction with our host (PCGS), needs to hire an ombudsman moderator with a degree in Psychology (maybe even Psychiatry - so as to be able to prescribe anxiety meds) and money management!

It seems there's a saying for what's going on...something about History Repeating Itself!

;) | :p | B)

BST references available on request

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@MetroD said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I will post if anything changes I hope it’s temporary but with tomorrow being my first attempt at enrollment I hope everything goes smoothly 🤓

You could also call your credit card issuer (there's a phone number for customer service on the back of your card) and inquire with them as to the charge being an actual charge or just a temp. authorization charge.

Me thinks it will be the later.

BST references available on request

• Options

@HoneyMarket said:
    After reading some of the latest comments here and the worrying going on...

I think the US Mint, in conjunction with our host (PCGS), needs to hire an ombudsman moderator with a degree in Psychology (maybe even Psychiatry - so as to be able to prescribe anxiety meds) and money management!

It seems there's a saying for what's going on...something about History Repeating Itself!

;) | :p | B)

The history that repeats is the drop in price of 95% of mint products.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

which leads me to believe some of the buyes will cancel their pre sale orders from e bay when the time comes

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

Count on it, bronco! It is going to be a festival of broken promises.
    And the flipside could also be true that if somehow they go up in value you’ll see people backing out of selling.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    KnellKnell Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Because of all the computer issues yesterday with USMint ordering system, We might have violated HHL limit on Peace $1. Not knowing that my very first attempt to order a peace dollar (only 1 coin in this order) went thru. My wife was able to purchased 2 peace dollar w/ 1 morgan dollar and I was able to order 1 peace dollar together w/ 2 morgan dollar. Making the total for peace dollar to 4 w/ 3 different order number. Got confirmed email on all orders but I'm afraid USMint will cancel one of these order.
    Either way, if they cancel at least 1 order I will end up with at least 1 Peace $1 and/or 1 Morgan $1 and should be enough for me and still thankful.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

that 5,500 buy it now and 98.5 percent feedback makes it temping to buy B)

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    I’m not sure if I got 6 Morgan’s or 3 Peace and 3 Morgan’s. Does anyone know if it would have prevented someone inadvertently exceeding the household limit?

Yes. It shouldn't allow you to complete a purchase if you reached the HHL

I accidentally got 2 orders of (3) coins in for the S mint morgans last week, even got confirmation emails for both, I was able to get in and cancel one order a day later through the phone- didn't want to take chance being over limit. But I was able to- same address and same credit card- all the same account details about 20 minutes apart before they sold out on first day. I didn't think you could but the site allowed me too!

• Options

Seems like a good deal to me 🤪

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

I checked and the USA Mint charge no longer shows up on my credit card. I guess it is true they will charge it when the ship!!!

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Seems like a good deal to me 🤪

Flippers have gone mad!! The coins have not even been minted and produced so they REALLY cannot guan tee that photo

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options

My order doesn’t show charges but my cc imfo shows on mint receipt and my bank has pulled the $85 🥸

• Options

My CC has the pending charge (full amount) from last weeks Morgans and yesterdays as well. I wouldnt expect the pending charge from last week to still be there. Like i said before its just odd its for entire amount when before it was just shipping amount that did finally drop off

• Options

over 500 listings for "Peace" that also include some entries for sets that mention the Peace. selling in the BIN range of $150-175.

over 500 listings for the non-CC/O/D/S Morgan which also includes some sets & Peace. selling in the BIN range of $150-165 area

completed true auctions are few right now

• Options
    DimeDorkDimeDork Posts: 33 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    over 500 listings for "Peace" that also include some entries for sets that mention the Peace. selling in the BIN range of $150-175.

over 500 listings for the non-CC/O/D/S Morgan which also includes some sets & Peace. selling in the BIN range of $150-165 area

I'm actually pretty surprised at the premium the CC and O privy marks have atm ($500s and $300s, true auctions completed today) over the Peace

• Options

there are a ton of BINs to hit and they are primarily under $200

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DimeDork said:

@MsMorrisine said:

I'm actually pretty surprised at the premium the CC and O privy marks have atm ($500s and $300s, true auctions completed today) over the Peace

The CC and O order limits were 10 each, and not 3 of each. There are a lot of people with filled orders of 10 who are not playing eBay early pre-sale games, YET. So it is possible there are less CC and O available coins to buy on eBay now than these new ones. The flipper buyer numbers increased when the hype started and they have posted a lot more listings of the new ones to sell them. Bottom line is there is more demand for the CC and O than the eBay supply, not the total future supply.

It also likely that many more individuals recently bought the other 4 coins, and now want to lock in the other 2 to complete their sets. This is pushing up the CC and O prices higher than they will be when more of their supply is released. A lot will change when the Mint starts shipping and the dealers release their supply.

At $500 for the CC I bet a few more people who have confirmed orders may start listing pre-sales on eBay and prices will start to drop a little from here over the next few months.

• Options

Mine is still showing on my credit card from yesterday 🥺

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Mine is still showing on my credit card from yesterday 🥺

Should be just a preauthorization since coins won't ship until October.

• Options
    edited August 11, 2021 3:55PM

Yes sir I happen to live 4doors down from the bank and they are a lovely small town bank. The mint took $85 sez my favorite teller 🤬
    Dang it!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    I checked and the USA Mint charge no longer shows up on my credit card. I guess it is true they will charge it when the ship!!!

Why would we have lied to you?

I am just surprised it disappeared so quick.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinnmore said:
    I been hitting refresh for 27 minutes still nothing

At the 28th minute it flipped, the act of refreshing must be done at a minimum of 12 hours a day.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have no fear, the $5,000 Mint charge will appear on your already massive December cc statement!

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes sir I happen to live 4doors down from the bank and they are a lovely small town bank. The mint took $85 sez my favorite teller 🤬
    Dang it!

Based on the phrasing, I have to ask ...
    Did you pay with a debit card (i.e., a check card with a VISA or MasterCard logo)?

• Options

Yes my debit MasterCard

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 5:29PM

Looking on EBay, the Peace dollars seem to be going quite a bit cheaper than I expected they would… my view is the Morgan CC and the Peace would be the two most in demand. Then the Morgan Philly because of no funny looking “mint mark”

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

@philographer said:
    Looking on EBay, the Peace dollars seem to be going quite a bit cheaper than I expected they would…

there's a lot of cheap BINs to hit.

as for true auctions, the wise will bid under the lowest BIN.

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Yes my debit MasterCard

The Mint does not charge credit cards until shipment. Link
    You used a debit card, which might explain why the payment processed already.

I do not have any experience with this payment method.
    Perhaps another forum member with debit card experience will weigh in.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,968 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe there will be varieties Type 1 and type 2 of the peace dollars. A small change the mint made halfway through. I think they look great!

• Options

Thanks for your response. All I can add is same bank same card over 20 purchases from mint. Nothing changed on my end but who knows. Ms.M kindly weighted in on the issue with some sage advice that will have us making some changes. Thanks guys. 🤓

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I personally believe the peace will rise in value soon. It’s the only of the bunch I’m actually wanting to keep. Once people stop trying to go for a quick sell, I think the prices will head up.

Tough call. 200,000 is less than 875,000. On the other hand, 200k is a lot for a commemorative if that's how the market views them.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Wow I see that they did remove the household limits. After I completed my order Tuesday, I was able to get 3 more of each in my cart. If they pop up as available tomorrow morning I might get lucky and get some more. Then I can make a trade for the CC and O ones which I missed out on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file