Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****2021 Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar thread - Flipping Posts Welcome!*****

Comments

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Bust? why say that. Looks like peace sold out about half hour.
    Al

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    I thought I read on another thread that someone was able to call in to the Mint and change the credit card used on an order that had not shipped yet - for instances like yours or even someone's credit card expiring between now and the actual billing charge/shipment?? Did I read that wrong?

I posted something on this thread earlier relaying what happened when I called the mint to change the payment on my order for the CC and O Morgan dollars. In short, they cannot change the order but indicated that when they attempt to charge against my compromised (now cancelled) credit card, the order will fail and I will be sent e-mail to correct the error. Supposely, I'll be given 48 hours to fix what's wrong with the order. We shall see. My gut feeling is that I'll get no such opportunity and instead will lose my order.

• Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Shut down, locked out and kicked to the curb. Was at the checkout 20 to 25 times and hit the final button, then "page can't be displayed" Back to the cart the last time and both Morgan and Peace were sold out.

Well if your trying to put 1 set together and you got the other ones I could sell you 1 of the peace for cost but i did not get any extras of the other coin. Did you leave yours in the cart for the morning? Just let me know...

Tom

https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@MWK said:

@HoneyMarket said:
    I thought I read on another thread that someone was able to call in to the Mint and change the credit card used on an order that had not shipped yet - for instances like yours or even someone's credit card expiring between now and the actual billing charge/shipment?? Did I read that wrong?

I posted something on this thread earlier relaying what happened when I called the mint to change the payment on my order for the CC and O Morgan dollars. In short, they cannot change the order but indicated that when they attempt to charge against my compromised (now cancelled) credit card, the order will fail and I will be sent e-mail to correct the error. Supposely, I'll be given 48 hours to fix what's wrong with the order. We shall see. My gut feeling is that I'll get no such opportunity and instead will lose my order.

You should keep calling - maybe even ask to speak with a supervisor...and then another supervisor - Advise them of what your were told and ask for confirmation over and over....get names. You got nothing to lose by getting multiple confirmations of that. Glad to hear that, if true!

BST references available on request

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@Goldminers said:
    Did these state Nov 15th for shipping? I was in a hurry, but I think it was something like that and not October like the others.

Yes. November 15th ship date😎

Yep, you can pass them around the Thanksgiving dinner table. Watch out for the gravy boat.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

@kimber45ACP said:
    Shut down, locked out and kicked to the curb. Was at the checkout 20 to 25 times and hit the final button, then "page can't be displayed" Back to the cart the last time and both Morgan and Peace were sold out.

Same happened to me. Very frustrating. I left my order in the cart, hopefully we can check out in the morning?

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Serious question...has the Mint ever issued clamshell packaging to hold 6 silver dollars? I'd like to get my hand on something like that to house a set of these.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 804 ✭✭✭✭

@al410 said:
    Bust? why say that. Looks like peace sold out about half hour.
    Al

I was originally thinking, based upon the hype, and the higher prices being paid by the buyers...that the sellout would occur in under 10 minutes. Instead it took 29 minutes for both to sell out and go UNAvailable.

I guess it was only a bust in my mind!

BST references available on request

• Options
    youniqueyounique Posts: 882 ✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    If the system could handle the orders it would have sold out lots sooner.

For sure

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was REALLY Bad! I either got a confirmed order for 3 or 6 Morgan’s. Hope that they don’t cancel the whole thing. Shutout on the Peace.

• Options
    coinandcurrency242coinandcurrency242 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭✭

@Kdennison said:

@coinandcurrency242 said:
    I guess my order went through since the US Mint has ALREADY charged my credit card for the coins!

I am guessing for me, too. Did you get a confirmation email or an acknowledgement email yet from the mint? I only wanted one each.

@Kdennison

I received the following:

Dear Brent:
    We are processing your recent order placed with the United States Mint. You will receive a confirmation email with more details within 24 hours.

Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint.

Positive BST as a seller: Namvet69, Lordmarcovan, Bigjpst, Soldi, mustanggt, CoinHoader, moursund, SufinxHi, al410, JWP

• Options
    JRGeyerJRGeyer Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Had the Peace Dollar in my cart within 10 seconds. During the 15 minutes I tried to actually purchase the coin, I decided I didn't want it after all. Terribly run entity.

• Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    That was REALLY Bad! I either got a confirmed order for 3 or 6 Morgan’s. Hope that they don’t cancel the whole thing. Shutout on the Peace.

Right I've got 3 or 6 of each of the Morgan and Peace or maybe none at all. I really don't know at this point.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    anyone get confirmation emails yet?

I got one for Peace order but not yet for Morgan. Last time it took a couple of hours to get them.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:
    Serious question...has the Mint ever issued clamshell packaging to hold 6 silver dollars? I'd like to get my hand on something like that to house a set of these.

This 2011 set of 5 is perfect for the Morgan's, but I do not know of a 6 coin to hold the Peace.

Aren't these a different size than the ASE? If not ecoins has nice packaging to fit 6 ASE or Ike dollars.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 10:59AM

@smuglr said:

@Goldminers said:

@RichR said:

This 2011 set of 5 is perfect for the Morgan's, but I do not know of a 6 coin to hold the Peace.

Aren't these a different size than the ASE? If not ecoins has nice packaging to fit 6 ASE or Ike dollars.

Thanks. I didn't check the size first but the Morgan's are 38.1mm and eagles 40.6 so the Morgan's will fit loosely as is. There are Airtite rings to allow a set to be made that will fit just fine, if the Morgan's are transferred to some old eagle capsules.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Love the free ship as I can separate out my orders.
    Got the confirmation emails.

I was afraid to try to break them up with all the errors I was getting.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Over 650, all new listings with some 6 coin sets mixed in

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

Why are they charging credit cards now? I thought they do that just before shipping.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

my order went through at 12:20 but i dont have a confirmation email yet. should i be worried? I got the confirmation screen. but when i go to my order history it says order history is unavailable

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    my order went through at 12:20 but i dont have a confirmation email yet. should i be worried? I got the confirmation screen. but when i go to my order history it says order history is unavailable

On the last order I didn't get my confirmation until about 11pm, my credit card had the transaction right away (it since had dropped off and will be billed when they ship)

• Options
    al410al410 Posts: 2,402 ✭✭✭✭

Jeffm> They just get authorization and for me it usually drops off in 4 or 5 days
    Al

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Over 650, all new listings with some 6 coin sets mixed in

BINs going off right now in the $150-$175 area

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

I logged into the Mint's website on 2 different windows using Edge, at 11:45. At 11:59, I began refreshing the windows until the Peace became available. I was able to load my 2 coins in seconds, then switched over to the window where the Morgan was, loaded 2 coins into my cart, and refreshed again. The cart showed all 4 coins, so I went to checkout, where I got the message that the page was not available. I logged in again, and got the same result 2 more times. Finally, on the 4th try, I was able to complete the checkout at 12:07, and received a text from my credit card company immediately. Email confirmation arrived at 12:09, so while the process wasn't without problems, it wasn't too bad.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 11:12AM

😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

Order page down for past 30 minutes for me.

• Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 11:16AM

@Goldbully said:

I noticed that they take it offline shortly before ordering began on the other Morgans and the AGE's. Maybe for other high order items as well. Not sure when the put it back up.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I put 1 in my cart after my purchase there was time 12:15 so I stuck one in my cart. Now before I’ve had coins disappear from cart on product list just to find them in the cart in order history. If I go back it sometimes reappears in product list. This one disappeared as soon as it went unavailable but I found it in order history cart and history still is down🧐

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

order history page is showing now and my order is there. i feel better now

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldbully said:

I noticed 15 minutes before the mad frenzy that the history was off line.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order history to shows that it is processing and it is a live order but it shows that for all of my orders for past years, too!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 12:11PM

this is starting to be a habit.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 12:09PM

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:

@Raufus said:

@Connecticoin said:
    After 22 minutes and 15 "page is not found" errors, finally got my order in. This was the worst one since the Mint re-tooled the ordering system.

That's the one I got nearly every time I hit place order. I thought for sure one of the tries would work. However, instead of an order number I got this or the stupid human bar each time.

I was ordering on my laptop and phone at same time - finally got the order done on the phone!

Wow. Incredible. I didn't even think of the phone.

I ended up getting them on my phone while standing next to the router

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file