Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2021 12:51PM

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@1959 said:
    I thought now they photographed each card before grading. This is to discourage crack and re-submit. Did PSA photo the Johnson, Bonds, and Ryan? if so , I would ask for a copy of the photos and the date. There seems to be more times that the cards are being removed from sleeves and savers than ever before. (New employees!!!)

I wonder at what stage they take the photos though. It seems possible that newbie employee could damage the cards at first handling and then take the pictures.

I'd still be curious what kind of reply PSA gives when reporting this problem.

Now I'm kind of nervous what to expect back from them in future orders. My order hit QA2 today, so I'm hoping for good news soon...

its not just corners. i have an entire 100 card modern bulk order that seems to have been handled by someone without gloves somewhere in the process. just like @OAKESY25 said “i know i didnt send it in like this”, i have zero reason to question the legitimacy of that statement.

as for making a claim w psa, usually they will request front and back photos of the cards prior to subbing just to even have a chance. in my case, i previously had no reason to think my tyler herros warranted 200 scans solely based on 13 years of previous subs w only 4, maybe 5 cards that came back with these type issues. and probably the same reason he didnt have scans of his. naturally if they woulda been 52 mantles, im pretty sure everyone would have taken numerous pics. these type cards however, it wasnt worth the time because the percentages of mishandlings (until this point) were extremely low.

• MarshallFaulk28MarshallFaulk28 Posts: 380 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@1959 said:
    I thought now they photographed each card before grading. This is to discourage crack and re-submit. Did PSA photo the Johnson, Bonds, and Ryan? if so , I would ask for a copy of the photos and the date. There seems to be more times that the cards are being removed from sleeves and savers than ever before. (New employees!!!)

I wonder at what stage they take the photos though. It seems possible that newbie employee could damage the cards at first handling and then take the pictures.

I'd still be curious what kind of reply PSA gives when reporting this problem.

Now I'm kind of nervous what to expect back from them in future orders. My order hit QA2 today, so I'm hoping for good news soon...

its not just corners. i have an entire 100 card modern bulk order that seems to have been handled by someone without gloves somewhere in the process. just like @OAKESY25 said “i know i didnt send it in like this”, i have zero reason to question the legitimacy of that statement.

as for making a claim w psa, usually they will request front and back photos of the cards prior to subbing just to even have a chance. in my case, i previously had no reason to think my tyler herros warranted 200 scans solely based on 13 years of previous subs w only 4, maybe 5 cards that came back with these type issues. and probably the same reason he didnt have scans of his. naturally if they woulda been 52 mantles, im pretty sure everyone would have taken numerous pics. these type cards however, it wasnt worth the time because the percentages of mishandlings (until this point) were extremely low.

Really disappointing. :(

I can imagine they've been in a desperate rush to hire and train new people that some quality is getting sacrificed. I'm sure most of us never took pictures prior to submitting. I feel like I'm going to have to do that going forward, but now who knows what to expect from everything already sitting with PSA for the past year. I hope with whatever they are doing, they are at least making improvements as they go along.

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

50 card Ultra Modern logged Nov 2, popped and shipped July 22

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:
    My pack sub went to grading also - 19 packs 1982 and newer:

Arrived 10/13/2020
    Entered 1/14/2021
    Grading 7/12/2021

Grades popped overnight for this sub.

QA1 7/15
    QA2 7/22
    Grades 7/22

19 packs recently purchased from BBCE, most from our last group break. Graded about what I expected - a bunch of cellos that landed 9s, some wax in the 6-9 range (a torn corner or 2 explains the low grades - expected 6 and 7 but wanted them authenticated as unopened regardless). Interested to see what style holders I get back…

Jim

• swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@burghman said:

@burghman said:
    My pack sub went to grading also - 19 packs 1982 and newer:

Arrived 10/13/2020
    Entered 1/14/2021
    Grading 7/12/2021

Grades popped overnight for this sub.

QA1 7/15
    QA2 7/22
    Grades 7/22

19 packs recently purchased from BBCE, most from our last group break. Graded about what I expected - a bunch of cellos that landed 9s, some wax in the 6-9 range (a torn corner or 2 explains the low grades - expected 6 and 7 but wanted them authenticated as unopened regardless). Interested to see what style holders I get back…

My pack sub popped last night as well. I had a cello and it also got a 9. I had never sent in packs, so I had no clue what to expect.

• thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

I can imagine they've been in a desperate rush to hire and train new people that some quality is getting sacrificed. I'm sure most of us never took pictures prior to submitting. I feel like I'm going to have to do that going forward, but now who knows what to expect from everything already sitting with PSA for the past year. I hope with whatever they are doing, they are at least making improvements as they go along.

And really all it takes is a couple of new employees who just aren't quite indoctrinated yet with the idea that some of these cardboard dudes are unique in the world and should be treated with reverence - as if they themselves were the owners. For some, seeing millions of cards in process might create a kind of natural indifference in regards to handling. "Who cares about that one I just bent?! There are a thousand more of those over on the other table. Big friggin deal. Is it lunchtime yet?"

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2021 10:36AM

@OAKESY25 said:
    @1959 The top ryan corner wasn't like that either. I would not have sent that in, way to touched.
    The bonds bottom edge ding was not there either, I was looking for a 10 for my pc same with Johnson.

These types of posts have got me feeling nervous now. An order of mine shipped yesterday and there were a few 5's through 7's in it that I thought should be sure thing 9's or 10's. Will see once the box arrives and I go through it, but I am not yet convinced that they'll be returned in the same condition as they were in when I subbed them a year ago.

edited July 23, 2021 11:55AM

@miwlvrn said:

@OAKESY25 said:
    @1959 The top ryan corner wasn't like that either. I would not have sent that in, way to touched.
    The bonds bottom edge ding was not there either, I was looking for a 10 for my pc same with Johnson.

These types of posts have got me feeling nervous now. An order of mine shipped yesterday and there were a few 5's through 7's in it that I thought should be sure thing 9's or 10's. Will see once the box arrives and I go through it, but I am not yet convinced that they'll be returned in the same condition as they were in when I subbed them a year ago.

hate to say this, but itd be quasi-ok with a few slips if we weren't getting murdered across the board on grades (for the most part) on the rest of the sub. new folks are entitled to their mistakes but that second grader, who i would hope/think is trained and been there a while, should be overriding some of these rookie opinions, imo.

@blurryface said:

@miwlvrn said:

@OAKESY25 said:

hate to say this, but itd be quasi-ok with a few slips if we weren't getting murdered across the board on grades (for the most part) on the rest of the sub. new folks are entitled to their mistakes but that second grader, who i would hope/think is trained and been there a while, should be overriding some of these rookie opinions, imo.

I second that. We wait all this time for our cards back and get disappointing grades. I wonder if it's the new folks not really knowing what they are doing yet or if PSA as a whole is intentionally being more strict with the grading.

• Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@blurryface said:

@miwlvrn said:

@OAKESY25 said:

I second that. We wait all this time for our cards back and get disappointing grades. I wonder if it's the new folks not really knowing what they are doing yet or if PSA as a whole is intentionally being more strict with the grading.

For what it's worth I received 41 Gem 10's out of 50 ultra modern cards. Maybe the key is submitting hockey cards?

@Jayman1982 said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@blurryface said:

@miwlvrn said:

@OAKESY25 said:

For what it's worth I received 41 Gem 10's out of 50 ultra modern cards. Maybe the key is submitting hockey cards?

Wow, congrats! Get the name of that grader. I'd like to request this person for my next submission. :D

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

I’ve just had two Express subs pop this week, and I felt one card in each truly deserved a 10. One contained 5 cards, and the other was 8 cards. I got one 10 in each sub, and in both cases it was the biggest/priciest card.
    All of the grading seemed on point. I even had a couple nice surprises in there, and no major disappointments.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.

Here's my disappointing regular sub that popped.

Line # Item # Cert # Grade Description Type
    1 1 608XXXXX NEAR MINT 7 1993 SP 279 Derek Jeter Foil Card
    2 1 608XXXXX MINT 9 1997 Metal Universe 23 Michael Jordan Card
    3 1 608XXXXX NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2020 Upper Deck Tim Hortons NHL Jersey Relics J-CM Connor McDavid Card
    4 1 N5: ALTERED STOCK 1988 Fleer 17 Michael Jordan Card
    5 1 608XXXXX MINT 9 2007 Upper Deck 462 Jonathan Toews Card

I apparently was fleeced buying that 88 Fleer Jordan. My own fault, so I can't complain. Lesson learned.

The Metal Universe Jordan I'm happy with the 9 grade. That was what I expecting.

Really thought the Toews card was a 10. Otherwise I would have just waited to submit it down the road.

The Jeter though bugs me. I swear I looked a dozens of these already graded cards, and I thought mine easily looks like an 8 or was hoping for a 9. I don't see any of the 7s that look as nice as mine. :( Maybe I just need glasses or am not a very good grader.

• DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Reading this really has me curious as to what I'll see when the two subs I sent in finally make it back. Because most of the cards were previously graded by Beckett.

Sub 1 - Monthly Special FB - All but 2 of the cards were cracked from BGS/BVG holders.
    Arrived - 11/20/20
    Entered - 1/27/21
    To Grading - 7/6/21

Sub 2 - Value Vintage FB - All but 1 card were cracked from BVG holders.
    Arrived - 1/30/21
    Entered - 3/25/21
    Still in research

I am not expecting the grades to be the same as they were but I'm hoping that cards like my 81 Montana and 86 Rice which were both BGS 8.5 don't come back as a PSA 6 or something.....but this was really my test for converting to see if I want to convert cards like Jim Brown or Walter Payton RCs.

Express sub, just a shade over two weeks from receipt to poppage. I think the grading was very fair. I was hoping for a 10 on the Maya Moore, but the Breanna Stewart more than makes up for it as it's BY FAR the most valuable card in there. Also really pleased with the 5 on Banks. It was part of a '54 set I bought locally from the original owner (the Aaron got a 4).

1 1 634XXXXX GOOD 2 1950 Bowman 22 Jackie Robinson Card
    2 1 634XXXXX EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2004 Ultra WNBA Season Crowns Rookie Jerseys SCJ2 Diana Taurasi Season Crowns-Rookie Jerseys Card
    3 1 634XXXXX NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2004 Ultra WNBA 91 Diana Taurasi Card
    4 1 634XXXXX GEM MINT 10 2016 Rittenhouse WNBA 95 Breanna Stewart Card
    5 1 634XXXXX NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2002 Fleer Authentix WNBA Memorabilia Authentix Ripped Sue Bird Card
    6 1 634XXXXX MINT 9 2002 Ultra WNBA 101 Sue Bird Card
    7 1 634XXXXX EXCELLENT 5 1954 Topps 94 Ernie Banks Card
    8 1 634XXXXX MINT 9 2011 Rittenhouse WNBA Rookies R1 Maya Moore Card

My PSA order arrived today. I have to say PSA really ships quickly to Canada as they only mailed my package on Friday. It's bittersweet when you know the grades in advance and they are disappointing.

I took some pictures of my PSA 7 Jeter. I was hoping to get some honest opinions. Does this really look like a 7?

The other thing I noticed is the front bottom left corner appears to not be in as good of shape as when I sent it. I didn't get the greatest pictures before I sent unfortunately. PSA took so long, I also upgraded my devices while waiting for them, so the newer pictures are better. :smile: I did get these though:

Any feedback is welcome. :)

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

I agree, without knowing about surface issues, this looks like an 8 ish, ( I have 8, 8's of my own for reference) also your raw pic does appear to have a sharper bottom left front then the slabbed card.

@OAKESY25 said:
    I agree, without knowing about surface issues, this looks like an 8 ish, ( I have 8, 8's of my own for reference) also your raw pic does appear to have a sharper bottom left front then the slabbed card.

Thanks. Wow, eight PSA 8s of this card? Nice! I definitely trust your opinions on this card. Do you only have 8s or any other grades too for comparison?

While I’m no expert, I don’t see any surface issues on either side that would hurt the grade the grade. The card looks very clean to me overall even with corner. Definitely a bummer. :(

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@OAKESY25 said:

Thanks. Wow, eight PSA 8s of this card? Nice! I definitely trust your opinions on this card. Do you only have 8s or any other grades too for comparison?

While I’m no expert, I don’t see any surface issues on either side that would hurt the grade the grade. The card looks very clean to me overall even with corner. Definitely a bummer. :(

I have an 8 as well, and I also think yours looks nice. But this is the issue with major rookie cards, it's impossible to predict/justify the grade. They're simply graded harsher now. I learned this with an '86 Jordan I subbed this winter. The time to grade an SP Jeter was 7+ years ago, before he retired.

@scmavl said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@OAKESY25 said:

I have an 8 as well, and I also think yours looks nice. But this is the issue with major rookie cards, it's impossible to predict/justify the grade. They're simply graded harsher now. I learned this with an '86 Jordan I subbed this winter. The time to grade an SP Jeter was 7+ years ago, before he retired.

That's unfortunate. I feel like a grade is a grade. How did your Jordan fare?

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@scmavl said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@OAKESY25 said:

You're not wrong, but that's just how it is. I think they're getting more right than wrong nowadays, but being conservative with the biggies.
    And if you can tell me how this is a 5, I'd like to know. The back is perfect.

@scmavl said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@scmavl said:

@MarshallFaulk28 said:

@OAKESY25 said:

You're not wrong, but that's just how it is. I think they're getting more right than wrong nowadays, but being conservative with the biggies.
    And if you can tell me how this is a 5, I'd like to know. The back is perfect.

My gosh... now I feel really bad for you with that card. That truly looks in excellent shape. Looking at their own definition of a '5', your card literally meets none of their defined criteria that I can see. I don't think that card should be any less than 7. The eye appeal is outstanding. If the back is perfect like you say, PSA should be embarrassed with that grade IMO.

• Unless that bottom left corner is really dinged, that's a 7/8 all day.

have a bunch of value modern (1972-2017) that are entering the grading stage the past few days. meanwhile there are tons of ultra modern subs that arrived months prior that are still in research & id. it makes their fifo statement even more of a head-scratcher.

• weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2021 4:27PM

Received 19 of the 86 Fleer basketball back today. Grades were a wide range, from 5-10. Breakdown 10-1, 9-4, 8-4, 7-3, 6-5, 5-1. The Jordan above looks most like the 7s and 8s I got back. Grades overall to me were a little wobbly. That 5 was better than the 6 they gave my Drexler rookie, and my Mullin rookie 6 was a LOT better than the Drexler. Dinner Bell Mel Turpin got the 10 ( pop 181 now) and of the four 9s, three I thought had a real shot at 9 (one of them a shot at ten) and one was a 8 that got gifted. I expected about a 30% 9+ rate, but was expecting a 60% 8+ rate.

Three of the 6s ( beyond the Drexler, which had a corner ding, and one clearly so off center I was happy w a 6 instead of miscut) were not discernable from the 7s.

It was my first sub of 86s, I have about 60 more in there, with a better eye, so hoping for about 33-40%9+, 70-75% 8+ outcomes here on out. :)

I had one sticker in there that was a wobbly grade, a 6 on Magic. No wax or discoloring, 80/20 centering at least each way, no corner dings...ugh. Surface issues? Can't see em....who knows....GOD maybe. Ugh.

• weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    have a bunch of value modern (1972-2017) that are entering the grading stage the past few days. meanwhile there are tons of ultra modern subs that arrived months prior that are still in research & id. it makes their fifo statement even more of a head-scratcher.

Ultra Moderns all at 3 R and ID, Moderns in same boxes at Grading or Assembly, log dates from 12/28 to 1/18.

• OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2021 9:00PM

@MarshallFaulk28 I have a bunch of 7's too.

@OAKESY25 said:
    @MarshallFaulk28 I have a bunch of 7's too.

:o

That’s pretty awesome.

• 1 card standard submission:
    GEM MINT 10 2020 Pokemon Sword & Shield Vivid Voltage 188 Full Art/Pikachu Vmax Secret (expected 10)
    arrived 04/01/21
    entered 05/14/21
    shipped 07/28/21

@DrLinny said:
    1 card standard submission:
    GEM MINT 10 2020 Pokemon Sword & Shield Vivid Voltage 188 Full Art/Pikachu Vmax Secret (expected 10)
    arrived 04/01/21
    entered 05/14/21
    shipped 07/28/21

congrats and hellavu start!

• @blurryface said:

@DrLinny said:
    1 card standard submission:
    arrived 04/01/21
    entered 05/14/21
    shipped 07/28/21

congrats and hellavu start!

Thanks! Super pumped to get it back B)

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭✭

Bottom left corner on the Jeter pre-grading looks touched. I think that card could be a 7 or an 8, so a 7 is fair IMO.

Robb

edited July 28, 2021 11:35AM

just got one of the most embarrassing subs back ever. not for me, but for psa. it shows just how bad they are mishandling cards right now. this isnt even about getting murdered on grades. even the 10s have ghastly streaks all over them. not sure what to even do with them at the point bc its not a reflection of psa as a whole. they are doing the appropriate things and headed in the right direction, imo. but at what point do you have to just call them out on this crap? im getting close.

pics coming after i finish putting all the certs in appropriate order. another pet peeve.

120 card sub. 40% gem rate. above is just an avg example of the 10s. several 6s - 8s and tons of 9s. all with smudges on just about every card.

• Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:
    just got one of the most embarrassing subs back ever. not for me, but for psa. it shows just how bad they are mishandling cards right now. this isnt even about getting murdered on grades. even the 10s have ghastly streaks all over them. not sure what to even do with them at the point bc its not a reflection of psa as a whole. they are doing the appropriate things and headed in the right direction, imo. but at what point do you have to just call them out on this crap? im getting close.

pics coming after i finish putting all the certs in appropriate order. another pet peeve.

120 card sub. 40% gem rate. above is just an avg example of the 10s. several 6s - 8s and tons of 9s. all with smudges on just about every card.

Lunch break I'm sure. Blurry, you said a value modern submission is coming into grading.... Will mine be soon? Logged 4/21/21... Received on March 3/14/21... Value modern march order. Thx buddy! 👍

@Historicalwood71 said:

@blurryface said:

Lunch break I'm sure. Blurry, you said a value modern submission is coming into grading.... Will mine be soon? Logged 4/21/21... Received on March 3/14/21... Value modern march order. Thx buddy! 👍

could be if its one of those rare occasions. my value modern that just entered grading was logged 2/4/21. still have a ton of ultra moderns that still have not reached grading that were logged in from dec - jan.

• Historicalwood71Historicalwood71 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@Historicalwood71 said:

@blurryface said:

could be if its one of those rare occasions. my value modern that just entered grading was logged 2/4/21. still have a ton of ultra moderns that still have not reached grading that were logged in from dec - jan.

Wow! Thanks for the help! Hope you get everything you want for the wait Man! 👍

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    edited July 28, 2021 9:12PM

^ so i was waaaay outta line when i said they are completely mishandling cards right now. 🤯

those are gonna onita another trip back to psa.

PSA: “Hold my beer”

over under that grading at the national is full tomorrow by 5pm? 😉

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

I've submitted for 27 years and the process is not transparent. The smudges on your cards.....are we thinking that they should be sitting there for 8-10 hours straight with gloves on? Or should there be a cloth to wipe the cards?? Or maybe this is simply a case of the sealer/encapsulator has dirty sausage hands when putting your cards in the holders? Or does no one outside of the building know any of these answers?? Looks very frustrating to wait a year or more and get back dirty cards. Maybe they're getting them ready for EBAY specifics NEW/USED. Lol.

edited July 28, 2021 11:22PM

@Mickey71 said:

@blurryface said:

I've submitted for 27 years and the process is not transparent. The smudges on your cards.....are we thinking that they should be sitting there for 8-10 hours straight with gloves on? Or should there be a cloth to wipe the cards?? Or maybe this is simply a case of the sealer/encapsulator has dirty sausage hands when putting your cards in the holders? Or does no one outside of the building know any of these answers?? Looks very frustrating to wait a year or more and get back dirty cards. Maybe they're getting them ready for EBAY specifics NEW/USED. Lol.

honest answer is i dont know who/where in the process they got smudged. by all accounts, it seems the whole way down the line. they are atrocious in hand. the pictures dont even do them justice to just how terrible they look in person.

another honest answer is i dont care where the they ended up looking like this. i cant stand gloves. i simply wash my hands (which certainly shouldnt be an issue w covid months) and use two finger cots to hold the card with. but h#ll yes they should be using something. especially at $20 a pop. its certainly more time consuming on my end to prep them than it is for them to grade them. some of these look like a cheap motel after payday on the wrong side of town under a black light forensics squad. its gross. so should they be sitting there wearing gloves? if thats what it takes. if you look just above youll see the two wrestling cards in the wrong holders too. should we expect them to read too? i think the answer is yes. again, i would rather wait longer than have a bunch of 9s and 10s dished back to me in this condition. its a sad day when youre not even happy w 10s. even worse when you dished out $2k+ on this go around and they look like this. even scarier is knowing you have 7000 (aka $140k in grading fees) more cards in the pipeline. luckily the national is the week so i can cool down a bit before i pick up the phone.

@Mickey71 ^ wasnt speaking to you in that tone. just outloud in case anyone from psa mgmt stumbles across it and cares.

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@Mickey71 said:

@blurryface said:

honest answer is i dont know who/where in the process they got smudged. by all accounts, it seems the whole way down the line. they are atrocious in hand. the pictures dont even do them justice to just how terrible they look in person.

another honest answer is i dont care where the they ended up looking like this. i cant stand gloves. i simply wash my hands (which certainly shouldnt be an issue w covid months) and use two finger cots to hold the card with. but h#ll yes they should be using something. especially at $20 a pop. its certainly more time consuming on my end to prep them than it is for them to grade them. some of these look like a cheap motel after payday on the wrong side of town under a black light forensics squad. its gross. so should they be sitting there wearing gloves? if thats what it takes. if you look just above youll see the two wrestling cards in the wrong holders too. should we expect them to read too? i think the answer is yes. again, i would rather wait longer than have a bunch of 9s and 10s dished back to me in this condition. its a sad day when youre not even happy w 10s. even worse when you dished out $2k+ on this go around and they look like this. even scarier is knowing you have 7000 more cards in the pipeline. luckily the national is the week so i can cool down a bit before i pick up the phone.

I totally agree with you. Sorry about your cards. I would be very disappointed. Sounds like there is a lot going on that needs to be fixed. I am really really really starting to have my doubts that things are going to get fixed. They had business as usual for too long and did not implement changes soon enough and they are in a very tough spot. I think it is simply mind boggling that having too much business is a very serious problem. It seems they are being stubborn by not opening up an East coast office to grade cards. They already reported that Newport Beach USPS can not even keep up. Not 1 part of the process can anyone keep up at when they are busy. I believe in 2013 things started to change. They should have expanded then to eleviate some pressure from the current location. Maybe they'll work out all of these matters?????

• Long time reader, first time poster....Just got this order back in my hands last Thursday. Used a group sub (Ludkins Collectables) this was submitted under a 30$ "20-Day Turnaround" pricing tier.

Shipped to PSA: 10/9/20
    Delivered to PSA: 10/16/20
    Order Prep: 10/21/20
    Research & ID: 10/30/20
    Grading: 12/7/20
    Assembly: 5/11/20
    QA1: ?
    QA2: ?
    Shipped (to ludkins): 7/16/21
    In my hands: 7/22/21

1 51149624 MINT 9 2016 Pokémon XY 101 FA/M Charizard EX Evolutions
    2 51149625 NEAR MINT 7 2000 Pokémon Rocket 12 Dark Slowbro -Holo 1st Edition
    3 51149626 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Panini Hoops 210 Tyler Herro
    4 51149627 GEM MINT 10 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 1 Joe Burrow Phoenix - Red
    5 51149628 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 1 Joe Burrow Crown Royale
    6 51149629 GEM MINT 10 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 1 Joe Burrow Spectra
    7 51149630 MINT 9 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 18 Clyde Edwards-Helaire Donruss Optic
    8 51149631 MINT 9 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 3 Joe Burrow Certified – Mirror Blue
    9 51149632 GEM MINT 10 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 1 Joe Burrow XR
    10 51149633 GEM MINT 10 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 5 Justin Herbert Elite Rookies
    11 51149634 GEM MINT 10 2020 Panini Chronicles DP 3 Tua Tagovailoa Absolute

Lessons learned / Takeaways:
    1.) Take pictures of every card you submit / record an "unboxing" as #51149624 was not included in my return....Ludkins managed to "find" the card and get it to me on 7/27/21....(LOTS of questions / concerns regarding this).
    2.) 30$ was clearly too much for a 9 month turnaround.
    3.) Large group subs are far far far behind the completed through date.
    4.) Grades were right on the money, centering was off L/R on every 9, Herro 8 was for a friend who dropped his card as we were preparing to sub...lol, Burrow 8 is a die cut with a soft corner that I missed, and the Pokémon 7 was a gift as I expected a 6.

• envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

I saw a post that it was "temporarily suspended" already as they were 80% of capacity based on submissions that had been started. I read a post of one guy that dropped off over 1000 cards to be graded at the show. That's $250k min. There were some players in the hobby when I was much more involved back around 2007 but NOTHING like what I see and hear today.

@envoy982 said:

@blurryface said:

I saw a post that it was "temporarily suspended" already as they were 80% of capacity based on submissions that had been started. I read a post of one guy that dropped off over 1000 cards to be graded at the show. That's $250k min. There were some players in the hobby when I was much more involved back around 2007 but NOTHING like what I see and hear today.

i was kinda joking. but man! weirdest bubble pop ever. 😉

• jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 594 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2021 12:47PM

Just got poppage on my Brady 1/1 Elite and a bunch of others- PSA 8
    Will post those in a bit. Think they are close to re-opening Regular rate again as that Brady was the last day possible sub time wise.

Jeff

• envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

@jeffv96masters what was the entered date? I have a regular sub that arrived in Feb, entered 4/9 still in grading. CTD whos 99% of march so I'm hopeful it'll pop this month.

• 19591959 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Any guesses on how many times( from one station to another), and # of people that handle the cards AFTER they are graded and before the encapsulation ?