Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

April 2021 Pickups... Show us what you got!

Comments

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium

Hey thanks.... I would have never found that site. Appreciate the help. Mine is incomplete but still worth the 2 buck yardsale price my Dad paid for it.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

I can get down on Mickey Mantle or Mickey Mouse; collect whatever you like.

One of the better lines I've seen posted here...

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:
    @1951WheatiesPremium

Hey thanks.... I would have never found that site. Appreciate the help. Mine is incomplete but still worth the 2 buck yardsale price my Dad paid for it.

Any time.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@AFLfan said:

I can get down on Mickey Mantle or Mickey Mouse; collect whatever you like.

One of the better lines I've seen posted here...

Thanks, Todd!

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    JustfishinjjJustfishinjj Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

@sayheywyo said:
    @Justfishinjj

What do you know about that gardner Mantle game? I have one without the photo and record. I messaged a member on the board here who I thought might know but never got a reply. Nice looking '61 Mays also.

Honestly not much, but I got this off an older guy that was selling all kinds of cool baseball/sports cards and memorabilia. I thought this game was cool and unique so I picked it up along with everything else you see pictured. I think it has all the original pieces to the game which is a plus. The condition is pretty good considering the age. Thanks @1951WheatiesPremium for posting the info!

Error and RC collector.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Rofles said:

@azvike said:
    so you want to pay $300 to grade that card?...you need a 9 to make anything...

Who’s to say I’m gonna sell it? I love the look and design of the 1976 card, and I add to my ‘76 set from time to time. I like having my cards in PSA holders, So yeah, I think I will spend $300 have it graded now. Not everything is about money. If I gotta spend $300 to have ONE card graded, I’m ok with that. Sheesh.

Good luck. Yours easily beats the one I recently got back for centering

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rexvos said:

@Rofles said:

@azvike said:
    so you want to pay $300 to grade that card?...you need a 9 to make anything...

Who’s to say I’m gonna sell it? I love the look and design of the 1976 card, and I add to my ‘76 set from time to time. I like having my cards in PSA holders, So yeah, I think I will spend $300 have it graded now. Not everything is about money. If I gotta spend $300 to have ONE card graded, I’m ok with that. Sheesh.

Good luck. Yours easily beats the one I recently got back for centering

Nice! That's one of my favorite Reggie's.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@azvike said:

sorry...did not mean to offend...just thinking that if you are going to keep it, might make more sense to submit at a much cheaper level and just wait for it to make its way back to you. Obviously you can do whatever you want with your money. Again, please accept my apology...

Apology accepted. Hard to gauge emotion behind social media comments. I apologize if I over reacted as well. Now, on to collecting!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:
    Added this 86 Topps grocery rack with the ultra rare upside down Jose Uribe to the unopened collection. Uribe has an 85 Fleer Update card and an 85 Topps Traded, but it's his first Topps base card and this minty, pack fresh, upside down version is certainly much, much more valuable than the also popular 1990 Fleer Jose Uribe. Sorry, but please do not inundate me with offers, it's not for sale...😉

I like your 86 Grocery Rack; Yeah that's pretty cool.

• Options

@JakeR2234 said:
    1976 Topps Football Wax Tray BBCE Certified

That's awesome.

• Options

@NGS428 said:
    3 HR, yes 3... 3× Sporting News Executive of the Year (1999, 2012, 2018). Moneyball....

Is it true that the card can totally get you to the playoffs but just not the World Series?

(Sorry, great card. But I couldn’t resist!)

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    3 HR, yes 3... 3× Sporting News Executive of the Year (1999, 2012, 2018). Moneyball....

Is it true that the card can totally get you to the playoffs but just not the World Series?

(Sorry, great card. But I couldn’t resist!)

Ha! So true!

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

Future HOF manager Cito Gaston's rookie. First black manager to win a World Series and added a second in a row on top of that! Also stood up for the players and refused to manage replacement players when MLB went that route. Proud to add this one to my collection.

bill davis is also on that card. has the distinction of having the most topps rookie cards that span 4 freaking years. not only that, poor dude never even got a full card to himself! 🥺

• Options

^ very, very cool!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface said:

@brad31 said:

Future HOF manager Cito Gaston's rookie. First black manager to win a World Series and added a second in a row on top of that! Also stood up for the players and refused to manage replacement players when MLB went that route. Proud to add this one to my collection.

bill davis is also on that card. has the distinction of having the most topps rookie cards that span 4 freaking years. not only that, poor dude never even got a full card to himself! 🥺

How many did Lou Piniella have?

• Options

@daltex said:

@blurryface said:

@brad31 said:

How many did Lou Piniella have?

3 i think.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:
    April has been a big month for pick up.... got a 1/1 harper auto

By today's standards I'd say Harper signs a pretty good auto. I hate when these dudes just scribble a line on the card and call it an auto.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

Added a couple of 1977 Venezuelan Yankees, just need the Munson to finish up the team set

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Purchased these Three Unicorns from a fellow unopened collector.

I sold my 2003 Lebron James Jambalaya ROOKIE PSA 10 so these boxes are replacements - kinda sorta.........

• Options

Since nobody likes following @UFFDAH ...

...these are my three copies of the Mickey variations, that I’m aware of:

• Options

How could I forget? Another Cowboys pack, this one from my beloved 1979 set

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

@76collector

By today's standards I'd say Harper signs a pretty good auto. I hate when these dudes just scribble a line on the card and call it an auto.

Jeff

Jeff , I agree, some of autos are even a bit cleaner .. thanks

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options

Another 50`s pick up

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

Got this Trout to complete my Ermsy run of Project 2020.

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@GroceryRackPack said:

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I like Patrick’s angel wings.
    Yep my Mahomey

Yep another Mahomey--I really like this one a lot.

1977 Topps Mexican Wax Pack PSA 7

I call this pic Lambert on Lambert; 1976 Pepsi Discs PSA 9. Yes that is my Jack Lambert jersey from when I was little.

1980 Topps Super Terry Bradshaw PSA 8, that is on top of one of many electric football boards that I have.

2020 Panini Mosaic Men of Mastery PSA 10 Patrick;
    I really like those blue & red tiles in that snake scale pattern.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just arrived, addition to my Bears HOF collection.

• Options

@Kid4hof03 said:
    How could I forget? Another Cowboys pack, this one from my beloved 1979 set

Oh, that's a nice Cell-O you have.

• Options

Hmmmmm. To rip or not to rip? That is the question 🤔.

• Options

@Rofles said:
    Hmmmmm. To rip or not to rip? That is the question 🤔.

soto auto super still not pulled! muhahaha. 😉

• Options

@blurryface said:

Ugh. Still? I’m almost afraid to rip, and end up with a basically nothing. 😣

• Options

@Rofles said:

@blurryface said:

Ugh. Still? I’m almost afraid to rip, and end up with a basically nothing. 😣

still. but just kidding on the ripping. put’er up! the value packs make much more sense to rip. yes, you get the pink refractors, but an avg of 3 international affairs cards come outta those megas. pretty crappy when the packs only hold 4 cards if i remember correctly. its been a while but ripped a ton of that stuff back in ‘18.

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 That 62 Yaz is sweet. Never had one that nice.

• Options

@sjjs28 Beautiful Schmidt , I was watching that and surprised at the final price CONGRATS

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 20, 2021 9:42PM

Keith...

Like the centering on the Reggie RC. Great pickup! Considering his RC is in the top three (Rose, Ryan, Reggie) from the 1960s...I feel his RC is undervalued.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sjjs28 said:
    April has been a good month ....

Really like your ‘62 Yaz - beautiful card.