Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

April 2021 Pickups... Show us what you got!

AL MVP, 3x All Star, 3x Silver Slugger. Better known as George Bell...

Comments

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

Nice! I was watching that one, but held off on bidding, and ended up buying the PSA 9 Bell that ended the following day. It should be arriving in a day or 2.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

@countdouglas said:

@NGS428 said:

Nice! I was watching that one, but held off on bidding, and ended up buying the PSA 9 Bell that ended the following day. It should be arriving in a day or 2.

What a small world.. Can’t wait to see it!

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls - JUICY!! Woot Woot!!

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like Patrick’s angel wings.
    Yep my Mahomey

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:

Most criminally rat$#%* MVP snub there ever was, too.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@weaselpuppy said:

@NGS428 said:

Most criminally rat$#%* MVP snub there ever was, too.

No. Sorry. 1947 A.L. It's not that Williams was vastly better than DiMaggio, after all, the Red Sox didn't contend, but how could a voter leave Williams out of the top 10? It's not absurd to say Bell kept the Jays in the race while the Tigers could have won without Trammel, and the Red Sox could have finished in the second division without Boggs. It's baffling that the two best players in the AL finished 9th and 19th, but this was the year that Dawson was most valuable despite playing for a last place team (and not well, but he had sexy stats).

Don't misunderstand, I vote for Trammel, and it's not close, it's just that Bell's selection isn't near the top of the Bad list, not even if you restrict the list to 1987.

BTW, Tony Gwynn was exactly what the voters thought Dawson was.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@norcal

nice '08 kobe chrome! gotta ask. what's your thoughts on the '21 prizm #1 card? first horizontal prizm too, i think?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mintonlypls

We have pretty similar taste in cards but yours are all higher grade.

Beautiful Reggie, my man...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@mexpo75 said:
    Just got yesterday. Great mail day!

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    dallasactuarydallasactuary Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@daltex said:
    Don't misunderstand, I vote for Trammel, and it's not close, it's just that Bell's selection isn't near the top of the Bad list, not even if you restrict the list to 1987.

The only thing I'll nitpick is that Bell's MVP was indeed "near" the top of the bad MVP list. The other 1987 MVP, Dawson, is at the very top but Bell isn't far behind. Relief pitchers and RBI leaders make up almost the entire Top 10.

This is for you @thisistheshow - Jim Rice was actually a pretty good player.
  • Options
    NorcalNorcal Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

@blurryface

@blurryface said:
    @norcal

nice '08 kobe chrome! gotta ask. what's your thoughts on the '21 prizm #1 card? first horizontal prizm too, i think?

Are you talking about 2020-21 Panini Prizm LeBron James Kobe Bryant Tribute Dunk #1? If so, I just saw it for the first time. I love these cards especially when it comes down to these two iconic players. My favorite is the 08 Chrome. I have a few graded but only one 10.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Norcal said:
    @blurryface

@blurryface said:
    @norcal

Are you talking about 2020-21 Panini Prizm LeBron James Kobe Bryant Tribute Dunk #1? If so, I just saw it for the first time. I love these cards especially when it comes down to these two iconic players. My favorite is the 08 Chrome. I have a few graded but only one 10.

yep! that's the one. pretty cool for several different reasons, imo. even though i'm not really a bron fan.

• Options

@brad31 said:

Bundled to get a price I was happy with on some great '58s - Doby and Bunning would not look out of place in an 8 holder. While some of the centering obsessed will not like my Aaron - the color pops in person so well that I could not resist this card.

The McClain - while not in the HOF - is for my '68 HOF set. Cannot put that together without having the MVP/Cy Young from that year in which he won 30 games.

Purchased what I think is a really strong '76 set - picked 8 cards (not necessarily the nicest but a good representation of what the set looks like). It is my second set from that year and will be fun to go through and pick the better of each card from the two. Centering was fairly nice throughout. Of course Brett was off center and had a lot of noise. Both the Aaron highlight and the regular were off-center. The rest of the set was really nice - between the two sets I will only have a couple of cards I feel like I need to go out and improve upon.

Hi, your 76's are just awesome.

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks all for the comments on the ‘76 cards. It really is a nice set. My other set is not as strong but had some gems including an incredible Bench. Will be a really fun day when I combine the two.

• Options

From my LCS

• Options

...and this guy is part two of and finishes off the mail day.

I feel fortunate to add these two pieces of New York legends who spent the entirety of their careers in one city on one team a half a century apart from one another yet each revered for their play; now and forever more.

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭

@Chicago1976 said:
    April pickups for the Cubs PC.

Three things that stand out about Kerry Wood. His 20 K game of course, his comeback after injury and his son giving him a hug as he walked off the field for the last time. A true pro.

• Options

@GroceryRackPack said:
    I like Patrick’s angel wings.
    Yep my Mahomey

Yep another Mahomey--I really like this one a lot.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    Got an order back from PSA recently. These are my favorites of the keepers from the order.

Jealous of the Verlander and Ortiz

Looking for FB HOF Rookies