Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options

Gold was available briefly. I had saved from earlier where all I had to do was place order. When I saw it was available on another window, I switched over and hit place order. Then poof. The screen showed nothing in the bag. I went to the other window where it said add to bag and hit add to bag and nothing happened. With too few available and many people chasing, it is almost impossible.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 5:48AM

I got this message on one of the tabs I used the place the order.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

It has to show as available in your cart in order to checkout, if you can’t add it or check it out...it wasn’t available

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

These have been soooooooo difficult from the start I’m starting to think they might be making just a certain amount available each day. How can a mintage of 1945 still have some available? No one was processing orders yesterday or today so how could rejects become available? Something is rotten in Denmark.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    I saw gold available for a split second. Tried but no dice.

I could have been checked out on gold before 07:31 but confirming address killer it. I dont know how to get thru w o that step. Whomever- the lucky dog(s) - beat me to it must have known. Ugh!!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

I saw gold was available briefly. No luck today. Need to watch the mint sales report.

• Options

How long was gold up yesterday?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    These have been soooooooo difficult from the start I’m starting to think they might be making just a certain amount available each day. How can a mintage of 1945 still have some available? No one was processing orders yesterday or today so how could rejects become available? Something is rotten in Denmark.

They sold 1,737 on Thursday.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    How long was gold up yesterday?

Long enough for me to get through the entire process get the little white window telling me order processing then flip back to agree to terms and place order page.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    Agree, first time remainders have showed up on Sunday. I tapped the red button many times to no avail. The screen never changed...

Inoperative "add to bag" also happened to me during my unsuccessful 11/7/20 attempt.

After about 3 minutes of clicking, I tried to add another item to my bag, as a test. It would not work either. Had to clear my cache to get it functioning again.

• Options
    edited November 8, 2020 6:59AM

@MetroD said:

@philographer said:
    Agree, first time remainders have showed up on Sunday. I tapped the red button many times to no avail. The screen never changed...

Inoperative "add to bag" also happened to me during my unsuccessful 11/7/20 attempt.

After about 3 minutes of clicking, I tried to add another item to my bag, as a test. It would not work either. Had to clear my cache to get it functioning again.

Inoperative add to bag has hosed me as well. It is indeed Inoperative, not delayed. There is no spinning arrow, etc indicating its trying to connect. Its totally Inoperative.

I signed up for text and email reminders. Other than on Thursday I've received neither.

• Options

@olympicsos said:

@JimTyler said:

I do not think they sold their 200 in reserve for returns maybe. The ones available now are bad credit cards, etc. They will wait a week or 6 months to offer the 200 that are reserved for returns like last years ASE ERP. Just guessing.

• Options

@pf70collector said:

@olympicsos said:

@JimTyler said:

I do not think they sold their 200 in reserve for returns maybe. The ones available now are bad credit cards, etc. They will wait a week or 6 months to offer the 200 that are reserved for returns like last years ASE ERP. Just guessing.

They don't keep reserves for return.

For those w one in the cart I'm thinking that you don't have to refresh to show available just hit checkout. When u hit checkout if its become available should b good.

I asked the lucky ones who got gold yesterday specifically but no answer.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Can't even try to checkout if I can't even sign-in. I'm not liking this Cloudflare outfit!

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olympicsos said:

@JimTyler said:

That's an incorrect statement.

There were 1,737 Gold coins sold Thursday and Friday...

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:

That's not true - not that it matters. Sundays have been active before for prior issues.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@philographer said:

That's not true - not that it matters. Sundays have been active before for prior issues.

Guess I shouldn’t have been sleeping in Sunday’s

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭

Most Credit cards OKed ..also tried this a.m..

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭

Notice on BST ,action turning quiet on the Gold 75th ….. Ebay price range $9800.- 11,600 ..Thought would be higher

• Options
    AnonManAnonMan Posts: 96 ✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 1:52PM

last 3 all sold for $13000!> @bestday said:

Notice on BST ,action turning quiet on the Gold 75th ….. Ebay price range $9800.- 11,600 ..Thought would be higher

@bestday said:

last 3 all sold for $13000

As of 6/1/2021, I've had successful BST transactions with: gowithmygut, AlanLastufka, Coinlearner, CXD, tommyrusty7, Coinflip, nurmaler, firstspousecoins

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a gold :grin:

• Options

Wow. Did u have it in your cart already?
    Nice! I got gold to processing super fast then kicked out

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy cow! I don't believe it! I got a gold! It took a minute and a half, with three attempts at getting the CC page to stick, but it eventually went through to Confirm. The Confirm step spun for a while, then up came the order confirmation page with order number.

And I had zip in my bag to begin the morning. It took three refreshes to even get the "Add to Bag" to show up. Is everyone else asleep?!? ;)

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

And PayPal was available today

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got screwed had in bag a nothing.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

Well, it still shows available, which is weird. Hopefully it's not a glitch on quantity available.

• Options

Man congrats guys. I thought I was good. Processing, PayPal, then kicked back. Ugh.

• Options

Of course, when I logged out of my account I got "Rate Limited" again. I don't understand it. In any case, I just got the confirmation email, too, so I think I'm good...

• Options

Still has add to bag red button.

• Options

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel all gold orders today. They seem to have a problem with inventory control on the gold. It still shows available after going unavailable for a short while.

• Options

gone

• Options

Not available again.

• Options

They just changed it. Nothing here.

• Options

I kept checking final confirmation and it just wouldn't take.

• Options

Had one in the bag from last week. Just redirected to payment every time I hit the order button.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Man congrats guys. I thought I was good. Processing, PayPal, then kicked back. Ugh.

Same here...
    Gold is available...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Mint has decided to sell 2 coins a day for the next 3 years.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't get past the payment stage. Credit card pre-entered, address pre-entered, etc. and it just keeps spitting me back to the payment page until out of stock.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel all gold orders today. They seem to have a problem with inventory control on the gold. It still shows available after going unavailable for a short while.

I sure hope not. What a let down that would be...
    I just checked and my CC has been hit with the charge, so it's made it that far...

• Options

@matt_dac said:
    I can't get past the payment stage. Credit card pre-entered, address pre-entered, etc. and it just keeps spitting me back to the payment page until out of stock.

Me too.

• Options
    unspendableunspendable Posts: 127 ✭✭✭

i kept getting the 1015 rate limited error and couldn't log on

• Options

@mbogoman said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I sure hope not. What a let down that would be...
    I just checked and my CC has been hit with the charge, so it's made it that far...

Congratulations. I hope it doesn't.

It just seems like there's a real problem with their inventory control on that item. And also seems a little odd that there is still quantity available so soon on an item with such a short mintage. They've been available every day, which is a little unusual even for items with mintages of 50,000

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone determined how long you're locked out when rate limited?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today was particularly infuriating!

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 8:18AM

I already had gold in bag from last time all set up jus needed to press place order and nothing happened. Did not work for me. Looks like refreshing while in bag is the answer.

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    I think the Mint has decided to sell 2 coins a day for the next 3 years.

That's what is odd about this and makes me suspicious that they have an inventory issue. It is unusual for them to be available every day on such a limited mintage. And they have a real problem with it staying "available" for long periods of time (15 minutes) in the morning.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. What's the phone number for the Mint Abuse Hotline?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Just received second email confirming order. Think I'm good.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file