Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options

@hammer1 said:

@Gr33n said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Commencents said:

I see $200+ presales soon

Gotta be more than that. I already offered to buy at $200 over. Or are you talking about the silver?

I’m trying to sell one right now if your interest I’ll sell under market value.

you joined today, and have one post.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkay

Hahaha I can show proof if something happens plus I’d do PayPal goods and service to make the buyer feel safer

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Gr33n said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Commencents said:

I see $200+ presales soon

Gotta be more than that. I already offered to buy at $200 over. Or are you talking about the silver?

I’m trying to sell one right now if your interest I’ll sell under market value.

List it on eBay, I'm sure someone would buy it...with the eBay/PayPal protections involved.

Yeah that’s what I want to do but I’m waiting for my PayPal to get verified, I don’t know it’s making me verify it now even though I’ve sold stuff using it before but I’d do goods and services on PayPal if I found a buyer on here.

• Options
    oilers99oilers99 Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you can change the shipping address after your order has been confirmed? Or will this create some kind of glitch and the Mint somehow cancels the order? Thanks.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hiijacker said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@hiijacker said:
    Is this coin the next lowest mintage Silver Eagle after the 1995-W Proof ?

No, last year's Enhanced Proof was 30,000

So number third lowest? Of course it has the extra appeal of a unique mintmark for WW2

Technically, yes, it's the third lowest. If you count the 2008-W Burnished with the scarcer reverse of 2007 (mintage circa 46-47,000), then it's the fourth lowest.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

had the gold in cart today, multiple crashes during checkout, then poof

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭

silver still available

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded a gold and silver. Then crashed. UFB. How can there be enough volume this morning to crash it??

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Loaded a gold and silver. Then crashed. UFB. How can there be enough volume this morning to crash it??

bots

BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both available. Site crashed

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@hiijacker said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@hiijacker said:
    Is this coin the next lowest mintage Silver Eagle after the 1995-W Proof ?

No, last year's Enhanced Proof was 30,000

So number third lowest? Of course it has the extra appeal of a unique mintmark for WW2

Technically, yes, it's the third lowest. If you count the 2008-W Burnished with the scarcer reverse of 2007 (mintage circa 46-47,000), then it's the fourth lowest.

This is the last year (possibly last ever issue) of the Heraldic Eagle reverse ASE, 75th Anniversary of Victory in WWII and one of the lowest mintage ASE ever?

These should stay around $1k for the PR70s for awhile.

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 637 ✭✭✭✭✭

Aaargggghhhh! Mint needs better capacity. Neither still available at 7:41

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

what time did they appear; i didn't see anything

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Loaded gold on one acct, silver on other, gone by time I checked out on both after multiple crashes. Cant be nearly the volume that there was last night yet it still crashed. Those who got one are incredibly lucky.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

Gold trapped in cart. ARGH!

• Options

Noooo! got a gold in cart, check out, clicked place order, then crash :'(

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

They really need help with their system.

They came available at 7:30. Sold out quickly - with lock-ups etc. Then they reappeared at 7:35 but you couldn't check out. It kept throwing me back to the payment screen.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here. I had processing order many time then go back to place order until no longer available. It felt so close

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold in cart, card added, clicked final review and crash - unavailable when I got back to cart 😑

• Options

Had the gold loaded and got all the way to final checkout. Then got the message invalid product in cart. They went quick.

• Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

Clear cache and cookies to lift the ban.
    Took me an hour yesterday, including half an hour in the cart, but finally got the silver. Got a second one for my son and to the cart but they ran out before I could complete the second check out.
    I'm happy, i wanted the coin and not the flip.
    Praying for a 70.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭

I had the gold and was able to put in my credit card info it said it was being processed multiple times but brought me back to the checkout.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Yup....website must be from China....if it crashed today then it's worthless..and it did
    ..and on my account it said my password was incorrect (it's not....used it a couple of times last week). Requested a password reset..got it after 10 minutes....and..it sent me the SAME password reset request page,,,,did this three times and got nowhere so who knows what happens now

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 6:26AM

No luck.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had 5 people trying for the gold and everyone got it into their cart and processing but nobody confirmed.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 7:05AM

I got the silver this morning. Had gold in cart in another account no luck. I will leave in cart again for tomorrow.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@olympicsos said:
    I had the gold and was able to put in my credit card info it said it was being processed multiple times but brought me back to the checkout.

Same here....

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@olympicsos said:

Same thing here....oh well will keep checking...

• Options
    hutze1nmhutze1nm Posts: 235 ✭✭✭

I just now got a silver... so... who knows

Things I like to do: Collect PL Morgans. That’s is all.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

Same here. Thought I was getting one then POOF!
    At least I got a Silver yesterday.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BearlyHere said:
    Clear cache and cookies to lift the ban.
    Took me an hour yesterday, including half an hour in the cart, but finally got the silver. Got a second one for my son and to the cart but they ran out before I could complete the second check out.
    I'm happy, i wanted the coin and not the flip.
    Praying for a 70.

be very careful when trying to get a second coin
    the mint will cancel all of your orders if they see the same I/P address used or the same mailing address
    They enforce the 1 per household rule
    There was so much mentioned about this subject on last years ASE limited edition coin
    best to use a second computer and a different type of payment or credit card
    best of luck

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I had the gold and was able to put in my credit card. It said it was being processed several times but then it brought me back to the checkout. Frustrating but at least no motorcycles, cars and boats!

OH! On another computer, I had the silver in my cart all set to process. I had the same issue as the gold. It then said they were gone. Suddenly I got an email confirmation from the mint and the page changed showing the confirmation that I got one. USM0845XXXX.
    This has to be the most frustrating experience I had ever encountered with the mint.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

Rushed out the door to get to work by 7:30 and forgot my phone.
    I feel lost without my connection to the world.
    At least I have the Forum. Lots of good people here so I will make it thru the day :)

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold up over $1,950. Maybe a price increase will help ;)

• Options

@MorganMan94 said:
    Had 5 people trying for the gold and everyone got it into their cart and processing but nobody confirmed.

That is where the main problem is. Some other websites that have super high volumes at time of on sale hold your cart for several minutes to give time for checkout before returning to inventory. That is what the Mint needs for this type of volume.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@Kliao said:

Same here. Thought I was getting one then POOF!
    At least I got a Silver yesterday.

Same here. The Mint is toying with us and having a good laugh.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

!@#$%^&*()+! :s

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

guess where I'm stuck!!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cannot believe they had gold avl this morning

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 7:03AM

They may have extra gold/silver in anticipation for returns/exchanges but nobody will be returning them. Could be like the 2019 ERP ASE silver. They will go on sale 6 months from now again if they do not mark these sold out. Need to watch the monthly sales report.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@MorganMan94 said:

That is where the main problem is. Some other websites that have super high volumes at time of on sale hold your cart for several minutes to give time for checkout before returning to inventory. That is what the Mint needs for this type of volume.

It wouldn't really change anything. It just moves the bottle neck. Instead of having the payment processing problem, it would crash when you went to put it in your cart.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    guess where I'm stuck!!

still stuck!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    guess where I'm stuck!!

still stuck!

It’s already gone I’m sure.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    guess where I'm stuck!!

still stuck!

I got all the way through the pop up box “processing order do not refresh” and then kicked out...😡

• Options

for silver, is it the last silver eagle this year before new design?
    For gold I see there is the UNC gold eagle scheduled later.

• Options

Received a reminder from the mint that the silver was available this morning at 0907. By the time I logged on at 0911 they were gone. Anyone get one this morning?

• Options
    edited November 6, 2020 7:29AM

@taciturn said:

The Limited Edition Silver Proof Set should have old design with S mint Mark....release date Dec 10th. But they really raised the price on that set now, I think it’s set to be like $201.00

• Options

Just noticed I also received a Email for the silver at 0905, the text was at 0907. Gone at 0911. Did i miss it from people logging into the mint this morning looking for them or from the notifications. What I am wondering is do the reminders come out at exactly when they go on sale or is there a lag with the reminders?

• Options
    taciturntaciturn Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 7:41AM

@Danno44 said:

@taciturn said:

The Limited Edition Silver Proof Set should have old design with S mint Mark....release date Dec 10th. But they really raised the price on that set now, I think it’s set to be like $201.00

thanks a lot. just checked the site but no details yet. but coin world mentions 50k mintage.

• Options

I was just looking around the mint site and was surprised to see that the increase of the silver proof set has the price at $105!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file