Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

Keep checking daily for the silver. After the 2020-S ASE sold out, it kept coming back for a few days.

• Options
    davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Keep checking daily for the silver. After the 2020-S ASE sold out, it kept coming back for a few days.

Same thing happened for the 2018 Palladium Proof, which had a mintage of 15k.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@nhlsm666 said:
    got several golds and more silvers.. how do you guys predict the price?

Bragging that you cheated the system when so many here didn't even get ONE and suffered through endless refresh's only to be BANNED shows a lack of empathy and poor taste. Have you no shame?

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

About sums up 2020... Can things ever get worse... DO NOT ASK!!!

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    About sums up 2020... Can things ever get worse... DO NOT ASK!!!

I got this countless times, the only thing I could think of to do was to hit the Back button on my browser and try again. Took one hour of struggling.

• Options

@bestday said:
    Someone on YouTube hyped the 75th gold coin sayin they could make $10,000 .. 30,000 views

Anyone stupid enough to spend $10K on the gold has several brain cells missing. "A fool and his money are soon parted."

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dealer buddy said Current bid is like 9k so apparently someone has dead brain cells

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Yes,,, US Mint managers laughing their ass off on the scramble to buy ...in Dec they will have a meeting to see how they can do better

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just got my confirmation email for the silver.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got banned on my iPhone, then my iPad and using Safari on my iMac. I switched to the Firefox browser and after several refreshes finally limped to the confirmation page. I was able to order the silver.

• Options

Now the last ASE that will have the old reverse will be the 2021 bullion that will be available in January. Those are already being pre-sold by the dealers.

• Options

@JeffM said:
    Now the last ASE that will have the old reverse will be the 2021 bullion that will be available in January. Those are already being pre-sold by the dealers.

They're not planning to issue any of the 2021 issues sold directly by the Mint with the old reverse? (Burnished 2021-W, Proof 2021-W and Proof 2021-S)?

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@robec said:
    I got banned on my iPhone, then my iPad and using Safari on my iMac. I switched to the Firefox browser and after several refreshes finally limped to the confirmation page. I was able to order the silver.

Same happened to me, used iPhone first because newer and faster got gold in cart and crashed then banned. Switch to iPad, same thing. Ended up using my 6 year old laptop by then gold gone but how I snagged the silver after countless refreshing etc....

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 12:56PM

For those who are wanting to have the Mint change their policy on offerings like this... that may fall into the be careful what you wish for.... it may come true.

If they go to a lottery system, then the big boys will still have their helpers lined up, with many many different accounts and entries.... and will still crowd out the majority of the ones who just want a single example for their collection. So that may not be a realistic solution.

The only way to ensure everyone will get one... is to mint to demand. But then there will not be the excitement behind the offering like right now, and many will be complaining about the high mintages and watch their purchase trend down in price after receiving it.

So, it is what it is. With the current system... you get excitement like being at a horse race.... perhaps you can beat the odds and slip in between the big boys and make a score. And perhaps the prize will pay off for those whose dice roll turns out. IMO anyways.

----- kj
  • Options

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

They're not planning to issue any of the 2021 issues sold directly by the Mint with the old reverse? (Burnished 2021-W, Proof 2021-W and Proof 2021-S)?

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

No, the 2021 bullion will be the last ASE with the old reverse. Those are only available from authorized Mint dealers. The collector versions (sold directly by the Mint) will have the new reverse and will be available beginning mid-2021. Based on today's fiasco, you can imagine the joy we will have trying to buy the first collector version ASE.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

So...I did manage to get 2 silver...across 2 PCs and 2 iPads!

...and dozens of lockups in between.

From what I can tell, the silver was miraculously available for more than an hour...does that track with everyone else?

Also...did anyone else have their PayPal option eliminated at checkout...I didn't see it.

• Options

@RichR said:
    So...I did manage to get 2 silver...across 2 PCs and 2 iPads!

...and dozens of lockups in between.

From what I can tell, the silver was miraculously available for more than an hour...does that track with everyone else?

Also...did anyone else have their PayPal option eliminated at checkout...I didn't see it.

Yep, silver was available for well more than an hour, but only because all the lockups, crashes, etc. slowed down many people from getting one. Took me a whole hour of struggling to get one. If the Mint's website could handle peak volume, then it would've been sold out within 30 minutes, my guesstimate.

• Options
    edited November 5, 2020 1:12PM

@JeffM said:

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

No, the 2021 bullion will be the last ASE with the old reverse. Those are only available from authorized Mint dealers. The collector versions (sold directly by the Mint) will have the new reverse and will be available beginning mid-2021. Based on today's fiasco, you can imagine the joy we will have trying to buy the first collector version ASE.

OK, thanks. I was just afraid the Mint would try to squeak more profit out by selling the collector's versions with both reverses.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

@Raufus said:
    Amazing that you got the silver. No idea how you didn't get banned.

I can't get the stupid gold one out of my bag in order to check out the silver one

Same thing here - whenever I went to remove the AGE, the site crashed:

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hiijacker said:
    Is this coin the next lowest mintage Silver Eagle after the 1995-W Proof ?

No, last year's Enhanced Proof was 30,000

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2020 1:21PM

I was at the last step place order probably 5 times and kept getting kicked off maybe because my account was already banned or maybe just my crappy Verizon dsl line. Guess it is time to upgrade to Comcast broadband. Though never had the problem with the dsl line before. I wonder if they will use the anti bot software when these become available again.

• Options

@Bullsitter said:
    Ebay SOLD listing, high so far today...raw, not graded.

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

Wow, people are really nuts or have way too much money to blow.....or both.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite accurate...

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:
    mint to demand.

Wouldn't this kill any artificial rarity

@JeffM said:

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

To bypass all the day of issue problems, enroll and you essentially skip the line and have the product automatically shipped.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm at what price point should people flip the silver at?

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@hiijacker said:

Yes it is the next lowest mintage after the 1995-W Proof !!
    I case you didn't know 30,164 is HIGHER than 30,000

• Options

" @tincup said:
    mint to demand."

"Wouldn't this kill any artificial rarity"

Yes, this would certainly tend to kill artificial rarity, for those who would prefer that scenario. Not sure I do, I am somewhat mixed on it. The rarity factor does give some excitement to the hobby.

----- kj
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@tincup said:
    mint to demand.

Wouldn't this kill any artificial rarity

The real rarities are with the classic coins anyways.

• Options
    Gam3rBlakeGam3rBlake Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

😭 I almost got a Gold one!

• Options

Close but no cigar.

----- kj
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

Don't know about the gold but it's pretty likely the silver example in raw form, will be a 2-300 hundred dollar piece after the dust settles, 70's and various inserts maybe a bit more.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

Probably a dealer with several goons working for him. Or just a liar.

I'm a dealer but I can't afford goons and I have no interest in email blasting my customers begging them to try to get these for me.
    Maybe that's why I missed out on the gold.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

@morgansforever said:

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

Don't know about the gold but it's pretty likely the silver example in raw form, will be a 2-300 hundred dollar piece after the dust settles, 70's and various inserts maybe a bit more.

@morgansforever said:

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

That makes sense. I just can't understand the mindset of someone who would spend $12,000 for the AGE. Does he really think it's value will increase above $12,000 or he can sell it for more?

• Options

@telephoto1 said:

@JeffM said:

Probably a dealer with several goons working for him. Or just a liar.

I'm a dealer but I can't afford goons and I have no interest in email blasting my customers begging them to try to get these for me.
    Maybe that's why I missed out on the gold.

And I'll bet you are a good person who does not take advantage of people and sleeps well at night. Many dealers are good, ethical business people. We won't talk about the rest!

• Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@morgansforever said:

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

@morgansforever said:

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

That makes sense. I just can't understand the mindset of someone who would spend $12,000 for the AGE. Does he really think it's value will increase above $12,000 or he can sell it for more?

1945 pieces, that's why... and not all of them will grade 70. That's getting down into 1895 Morgan Dollar territory.
    I agree on the eventual $200-$300 levels on the silver. Guys are already offering them down in the $400s on ebay. With a 75,000 mintage the aftermarket will get saturated fairly quickly. Best money is the quick money on the silver if you're just flipping, but if you're a collector the short term market doesn't matter if you intend to keep it anyway.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint software now treats constant page refreshing as a bot and locks you out.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gave up after 1 hour, now I can't even log on

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ernie11 said:

@JeffM said:

If they issued every finish at every mint and you needed to get every label for each, that could be over 1000 "different" 2021 ASEs.

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

What time do the silver ones go back on sale tomorrow?

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Didn't matter if I went slow or not. Still gave the banned message over and over

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

If the site wouldn't freeze and say Oops... refresh. I would not have clicked refresh so much. Not like I was wanting to refresh 100,000 times. I think I need a new mouse...

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@hiijacker said:

So number third lowest? Of course it has the extra appeal of a unique mintmark for WW2

Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

It'll all be fixed by the time the platinum end of world war is issued.

“The root problem with conventional currency is all the trust that's required to make it work. The central bank must be trusted not to debase the currency, but the history of fiat currencies is full of breaches of that trust.” - Satoshi Nakamoto

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

With a lottery system at least we would not waste so much time.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does "You are being rate limited" even mean???

I was rate limited, "Oops something went wronged", request blocked, website reporting too much traffic, advised to contact website owner, told to "try again later", needed to sign in countless times, advised to "refresh", had to identify boats, busses, and bikes at least six times, and "Banned"....I think we've all been BANNED.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file