Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

October 2020 Purchases! Show us your new additions!

Comments

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Norcal - please share your results on that 1997 Break - that looks to be some fun!!!

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020 12:28PM

my 11th of 16 cards for my Billy Williams set.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

This card was completely ignored by modern collectors. My only explanation is they don’t know who SGC is? They don’t realize they are a top notch grading company? They only buy Beckett or PSA? This card sold for 2/3 of a PSA 9. Now granted I know SGC doesn’t command the prices PSA brings and that might be to my advantage. When in hand I’ll see if it would cross to a 9 and really scrutinized it for a 10. In other words I’m very happy with the price. Any opinions? I haven’t really purchased modern until I started collecting Josh Allen again. 90% of my T206’s are SGC and I have over 200. Any opinions, thoughts? Comments are always welcome, good or bad.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added 1 for my 70 team set and 1 for my HOF autos

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that Maz

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks , I like these epic signature cards , clean autos nice simple design

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

compare cellophane carefully before you do.> @MLBdays said:

Talk about low pop's these '84 Topps Tiffany's are pretty scarce in high grade......This Ryan is a pop. 23.

did you get this from pcs? if, congrats! my last count of '84 tiffany ryans, graded & raw, was 534.

figured i would let one loose to see how the true market was. went a lil lower than what i was expecting for it. i have since discussed proper descriptions and importance of front and back scans. 😉

but rest assured you weren't shilled.

• NorcalNorcal Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Cracked this box open last night, found a couple nice cards but this morning I notice a little moisture in the card sleeve, and ideas what’s causing it?
    Also, best way to clean these cards for grading? Microfiber cloths ok for chrome?
    Thanks for any help!

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mail day! This will probably be apart of my next express sub!

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

Stoked for this beautiful 2! Except for the cracked case.

Hi my name is Joe and I’m an addict. Josh Allen addict that is. Help!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2020 7:19AM

@PNWcollector said:

It is like Gibson hurled the ball right at the case and cracked it.. crazy. Very solid 2 for sure.

Plan to reholder it? Did the card get damaged?

@PNWcollector said:

Great card! I used to own a PSA 1

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Big Frank.

edited October 24, 2020 9:48AM

@NGS428 said:

@PNWcollector said:

It is like Gibson hurled the ball right at the case and cracked it.. crazy. Very solid 2 for sure.

Plan to reholder it? Did the card get damaged?

Card looks okay. It cracked during shipping. Seller floated it in the package between some cardboard but didn’t actually secure the cardboard to the slab. I typically ship slabs in bubble wrap. I feel the seller has some responsibility for this so I messaged him.

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

A fairly sharp example. On a crack, I think it could cross at grade...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Awesome triple HOF autos

Yaz Master Set

edited October 24, 2020 9:56PM

@DBesse27 said:
    Awesome triple HOF autos

Yea seemed like a 1/1 kind of card and I didn’t spend three figures so I was pretty happy.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

@brad31 said:

Thank you stevegarveyfan for this one! It is a truly an amazing card. Really excited to add this one to my collection.

I really like 8.5s...great quality for the price! Gorgeous card, Brad!

mint_only_pls
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PNWcollector said:
    Here’s a card I got last month. I haven’t posted in these monthly pickup threads in a while so I’ll share now!

What a special and great looking piece!

Instagram: mattyc_collection

This is the first refractor I’ve ever purchased. I’m more of a vintage football guy but recently have been collecting Allen cards. I have to admit these cards are more beautiful in person. eBay listings just don’t do them justice.

W.C.Fields

Newest in a line line of Allen cards

W.C.Fields

W.C.Fields

@2dueces said:
    This is the first refractor I’ve ever purchased. I’m more of a vintage football guy but recently have been collecting Allen cards. I have to admit these cards are more beautiful in person. eBay listings just don’t do them justice.

be careful, the other colors can get addictive once you've found that right card/image. but agree, really hard to do them justice via scan vs holding in hand.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2020 2:23PM

@mintonlypls said:

@brad31 said:

Thank you stevegarveyfan for this one! It is a truly an amazing card. Really excited to add this one to my collection.

I really like 8.5s...great quality for the price! Gorgeous card, Brad!

I do too - always been my favorite grade. Seems like in the last couple of years others have started buying them up as well. When the half grades first started they were not as popular.

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2020 10:52AM

Super excited to receive this addition to the collection yesterday.

It pairs nicely with these two pages currently on their way to the UK for authentication.

Thanks,

Jason

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

This card is incredible. Multi signed and the sigs are absolutely perfect. Magnificent card.

@PNWcollector said:
    Here’s a card I got last month. I haven’t posted in these monthly pickup threads in a while so I’ll share now!

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface please check your PM. Thanks!

• dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a Epson Perfection V600 scanner on Friday and have been in scanning Heaven ever since.

Thanks,

Jason

@DM23HOF Wow. That’s an incredible collection of MM’s. Congratulations

W.C.Fields

those are some tough ones! and super nice as well.

My 3rd of the 5 Cliff Harris cards.

Nice Harris!

Yaz Master Set

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love this card and this is my first. Presents really well.

1939-46 Salutations Exhibits - Cordially, Joe DiMaggio

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:
    Recently bought a collection which included a near complete 69 basketball set in great condition. Pulled 22 cards out to have graded. Sent in Alcindor and Wilt at the Express level so hoping to get those back sooner than the rest.

Good luck with the grading. Those look pretty sharp.

• orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@orioles93 said:
    Recently bought a collection which included a near complete 69 basketball set in great condition. Pulled 22 cards out to have graded. Sent in Alcindor and Wilt at the Express level so hoping to get those back sooner than the rest.

Good luck with the grading. Those look pretty sharp.

Thanks! The gentleman I bought them from said he put the set together by opening packs as a kid in 1970-1971. They've been sitting in the box I got them in ever since.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Wow those cards look amazing. Best of luck with the grades

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@orioles93 said:

These are great. Good luck. You should get back pretty quick with Express. PSA has been pretty consistent at the higher price levels with speed of service.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • mrburns443mrburns443 Posts: 203 ✭✭✭✭

Mail day from PSA

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LGC said:

@mintonlypls said:
    An upgrade to my 1960s 5-cent wax pack collection run series designated...Hank Aaron Series w/coin.

Wow. Beauty! Nicely preserved.

I've been gone from baseball cards too long. I didn't realize that they graded Wax Packs now.

I got two cards today.

another big break hit.

ja morant auto variation cyan plate 1/1

was actually a redemption too. filed on 10/19. was prepared to sit for a year but got in under 10 days. gotta be a record!