Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

August 2020 Purchases, Show them off!

Comments

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Been pretty busy this last couple weeks so behind a bit on sharing acquisitions. Quite pleased to add this one to the collection.

Jason

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rookiecardfan your name holds true. Obviously I love the Griffey, that Emmitt is a beauty. Always loved that one.

• Options
    rookiecardfanrookiecardfan Posts: 46 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 thank you. Like most of the cards nowadays 10’s are out of my price range lol. If they’re centered decently than I’m happy. Your Griffey sets are awesome btw

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    Sportscards1086Sportscards1086 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Sportscards1086Sportscards1086 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

just delivered

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

I've been friends with Josh's dad for almost twenty years. He's a really good guy. I don't think you can go wrong with Josh,he's going to do great things.
    Funny story,about five or six years ago after Josh graduated from high school he didn't receive a single D1 offer and had to enroll at a local JC. About half way through the season his dad comes into my shop and I ask how is Josh doing? His dad looked me in the eye and said well,Josh has decided he's going to play on Sundays. I almost spit out my soda and laughed in his face. I didn't know what to say so the first thing that came to mind was do you think he can do it? He looked at me and said if anyone can do it,Josh can!
    As a lifelong 49ers fan I never thought I would be Bills Mafia,haha

• Options
    erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

I had these waiting for me when I came back from vacation.

You’re killing me Smalls!

I know not sports, but I love Pearl Jam. The 2013 pack can be difficult to find.

• Options
    CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Everyone's favorite *. Taking a bit of a turn with this one, see where it leads me...

I'll play along. Added this to my boys HOF RC Collection*

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mail today.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kid4hof03 said:

Congratulations Stephen! Your 1979 rack pack collection is a thing of beauty!

@Kid4hof03 i appreciate that, my 79T FB brother from another mother

@erikthredd every time i see your sweet early MJs i realize just how much i miss the NBA from that era

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    @galaxy27 Congrats on the Campbell run and @LGC that Gretzky is gorgeous! There are some really great pickups lately in this thread,its pretty cool to see Larry,Moe & Curly make an appearance.

These are some oddball Jordan's fresh back from BGS. I was hoping for 8+ on the Bulls schedules and at least a 9 on the Come Fly With Me Video Redemption so pretty happy all around on this sub. The slabs used were bigger than expected though you can't tell by the pics.

Eric, great pickups! I love how the schedules look in the BGS holders.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Added a few more

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options

@Coarsegold
    Then you’ll love my collection

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited August 10, 2020 4:19PM

17 for #17

W.C.Fields
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Just a sample. Lol.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Better pictures of a 1 of 1.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Card is beautiful man!! Brown looks like he could run through a brick wall. Agree how undervalued.

@MLBdays said:
    The Big Nasty.... this dude in PSA 9 is simply undervalued.......I predict his prices will correct...he's only like the Babe Ruth of Running Backs.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another 61 auto:

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Couple of Larry Fitzgerald rookies. One from Craigger, thanks Craig!

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    Pop. 1/1 of the Adjudicator ~ tough issue for sure among others....top to bottom centering is impossible.....

mine looks no worse and got an 8. I think I may crack and resub.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

Added a great PSA 10

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 12, 2020 10:16PM

@rookiecardfan said:
    Great stuff everyone
    Not thee Jeter Rc but a cool card none the less. Soto’s going to be a problem for MLB pitchers for a long time

The man went off again tonight. Home runs #3 & #4 w/ one going 466ft. Dayum.

There's some guy here that bought into Soto way early and has most of the rare stuff on lock down.

• Options

2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    LGCLGC Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Bought up these 1970 Topps Football PSA graded packs over the past couple years. Alot of Legends inside these!!

This is the only instance where presenting item(s) on a multi-coloured carpet background actually makes a positive difference. Congrats on that and the items!