Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

August 2020 Purchases, Show them off!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    Special thanks to @ReggieCleveland for selling me these low pop base rookies of Bird and Magic!!

My thanks to you. I hope you enjoy the cards as much as I did. I'm going to miss them but I'm glad they're going to a good home.

Arthur

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLBdays ....if that Mattingly had "Griffey, Jr." on the front it would have been 7,500.00-8k more ..... nice savings !

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Addition to my 1996 Yankees set. Side to side doesn’t look like a ten but I’ll take it.

Jason

• Options
    GreedoguyGreedoguy Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Just got this in from Bill. Current Pop of 2. Not sure this will be the registry card, but serial numbered, pretty sharp design and a pretty good player, to boot. I'll take it.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

Wow that’s awesome. Congrats on your rare Patterson

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

that jim rice auto rc is nice. don't think folks realize how hard of a card that is to find signed and centered. congrats!

• Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 5th memorial day version for my phillies team

currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:
    I think this card is undervalued.

Must be that Tim Jones picture. Zoom in on that baby, what is going on there? That hat must have been added and the hair, that is a mop for sure.

Jack gets no love.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Richard "Night Train" Lane was one of the most feared and vicious defensive players in football history. When he hit someone, they never forgot it. He would lay offensive players out flat, and enjoy every second of it. He was once quoted as saying "There's nothing I hate more than a first down".

I finally found his true rookie card.

1955 All American Sports Club (Hand Cut) Richard "Night Train" Lane.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Richard "Night Train" Lane was one of the most feared and vicious defensive players in football history. When he hit someone, they never forgot it. He would lay offensive players out flat, and enjoy every second of it. He was once quoted as saying "There's nothing I hate more than a first down".

Nice pickup. He was a certainly feared back in the day.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBrules said:

@doubledragon said:

Nice pickup. He was a certainly feared back in the day.

Thanks JB! I've been looking for this card for a long time. I am pumped up about this one big time!

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had the error card but didn’t have the “not Justin” auto. So I had to pull the trigger when this came up for auction.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

"justin time" 😉

• Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    @DM23HOF great Wilson Franks card, Matty!

Well I've been really lax lately about the hobby. Here are my only August pickups.

First, for Andre Tippett collectors (there aren't many of us) the white whale is his 1990 BP card. It's his most valuable card and arguably his toughest to find. This is because it was a "winner" card, meaning it was printed in limited quantities and almost all of those were turned in to BP and destroyed. Here it is, the new crown jewel of my Tippett collection:

Also added this card to my run of Patriots team Hall of Fame RCs, now 23/28 complete:

Lastly, added 3 cards to my '64 Venz set and 1 card to my '68 Red Sox team set:

Nice pickups Dan!!

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options

Not a mail delivery but a flea market pickup. $7.00

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

fresh back from PSA. was really thinking an 8 on the Wade auto. oh well....

and these were recent pickups

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    You're darn right I'm going to show this off. This is the rarest Floyd Patterson card in existence, and PSA has only graded 1 copy of this card in it's history. I had never even seen a picture of this card until this morning. Not even RAS has this card for his Floyd Patterson master set and if RAS doesn't have it, that shows you how rare it truly is. It is a mythical, Loch Ness monster type beast, and it's now mine. The famous 1959 Cadet Sweets Transfers Floyd Patterson.

great pickup

If RAS does not have it, ITS RARE !!! lol

• Options

another decent ig break hit!

• Options

@blurryface said:
    another decent ig break hit!

I would say! With his recent exit from the playoffs, wonder if that will have any impact on card prices. Probably not as it is all potential at the moment! Interesting sig.. “lulu”.

• Options

Only a 2 month offseason really. Of course a long term hold might not be a bad idea either. He's done some pretty remarkable things in his sophomore campaign.

• Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

A rack pack that I’ve had for a couple years now and finally decided to send it in to have it Authenticated and protected a little more, just came home today. Thanks “grote” been awhile but finally have it finished.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    clarke442clarke442 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stwainfan said:

I just noticed who else is on that card . . .

• Options
    lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭✭

@hankcaddy said:
    Added a great signed 52 to my HOF auto set

very nice,

• Options

One more for this team set.

One more for my 96 Yankees set.

• Options

@dad2cl3 there is a September purchases thread if you want to post there :)

I am looking for that Fielder myself. Nice find!

• Options
    edited September 2, 2020 4:57PM

@NGS428 said:
    @dad2cl3 there is a September purchases thread if you want to post there :)

I am looking for that Fielder myself. Nice find!

lol technically purchased in August 🤣

Jason