Home Precious Metals

PAGING BIG WEBB

LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Calling @BIGWEBB
Having trouble getting in contact with you to complete our trade.

Its been a few weeks now, so for the rest of the forum members here's how things have transpired thus far...

I listed 1oz Palladium on the Precious Metal Buy/Sell/Trade thread here...

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12425127#Comment_12425127

9-17 Contacted by Bigg Webb showing interest
9-18 We go back and forth on CU hammering out possible trades, we exchange phone numbers to communicate easier.
9-19 Bigg Webb and I come to an agreement on a trade
9-20 I send coins , Bigg Webb says he'll also send
9-23 Coins arrive to Big Webb's possession. When I inquire I get a text about his Mom in the hospital, him working OT and he'll send shortly and an apology.

9-27 I text and get no response
9-29 I text and get no response
10-1 I send a PM on CU, no response
10-2 I text and get no response

10-3 I call from a different number, and Bigg Webb answers, We chat and he apologizes , he's been sick , I let him know communication Is key and the radio silence has got me worried.. he assures me that he just sent his side of the trade two days ago, and mentions he's read my PMs, that he's received the Palladium coins, and that as soon as we are off the phone he'll send the tracking info.

10-4 after not hearing back I text and get no response, I also PM on CU with no response
10-5 still nothing in the mail, no response to text and PM

Big Webb, I see you log into the forum daily since this has began... You post comments and have For sale threads up,, you host forum giveaways and compliment people for honesty and integrity. I hope this is a mistake or misunderstanding and I want you to make this right and honor your end of our agreement.** At the least I feel it poor taste to ignore my texts and PMs
Everyone makes mistakes and people deserve chances to do the right thing.
@BIGWEBB please contact me to complete your side of our agreement
I am asking for feedback with the open forum at this juncture also.

Thanks
-Luke

It's all about what the people want...

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019 7:48PM

FWIW

OPs got a name, address, and phone number.

Many options, first that comes to mind is information gathering.

Example: Finding the phone and address of the local PD and the process to file a report.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Buyer's been on the forum for four months. Not exactly enough time to deserve coins before payment.

People make mistakes and admittedly that was mine. Perhaps for a brief moment I let my guard down seeing this members "random acts of kindness"
    You live and you learn I suppose...

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 5, 2019 10:53PM

Sounds like Big Webb gone awol. Unfortunatley for you, your probably out. but thanks for posting, anybody in the future doing business with him will be far and few between I suspect going forward.

Interesting.

Last post was on Oct 5, 2019.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

You may want to also post this on the US Coin Forum and the BST Forum. If he continues to visit this site there's no excuse to not at least send you a PM letting you know what's going on.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

This does not sound good....You should prepare to contact the authorities in his area of residence.... and let him know he will be receiving a visit from the police. If it is a situation where he is honestly having an issue, it will get resolved with the authorities directing the resolution. Do not wait too long....Cheers, RickO

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I might add: I don't buy this sick routine, or something happened, yet still posts and still shows active: Things do happen I understand, but

Just like when I had my kidney removal surgery a couple years back, it came up quick and fast, little time, but I did manage to get all my internet activities squared up with the help of a buddy while I was out, just in case.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh what a tangled Webb......

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Big Webb prolly golfing and eating with chiniu67 laughing at all of us...

keceph `anah
  • goldburgergoldburger Posts: 12
    edited October 6, 2019 8:59AM

Some day this guy will pull this stunt on somebody willing to extract payment buy means equal to his own ethics. Until then, one more leach roams among us.

• mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019 12:22PM

I'm like you Bochiman, any new members must ship first!!! Lukemarshall should have made BiggWebb ship first no buts about it, Luke is a long time member, BigWebb is a 4 monther who needs to prove that he isn't a scammer.

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear about this situation. I hope you are made whole one way or another. I almost made deals with him on three separate occasions but his items were either sold or we couldn’t meet on a number. It would be helpful if the people who have had successful deals with him would chime in as well, as well as anyone else who may have “in process” deals or problems as LukeMarshall describes. It seemed that he had several good deals with members on here as well as giveaways he did. It would be interesting to figure out the $$ amount at stake in those deals.

Four years ago on here I got ripped off by someone who established himself a bit by doing several deals honestly, and then ripped me for a larger amount. After the situation happened, I realized that his three successful deals were all under $100 and I had sent him $900.

This is a great forum with a lot of great people. I have purchased a ton on here in the last year with no problems.

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've seen him working/posting a deal on US currency board . We were supposed to meet at the battlefield show but he had Mil issue. I hope it's all easily explained but this last post has my antennae twitching so to speak.

• Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Hard to say what might have happened.

Ive had several transactions with Big Webb, 500-2000$ range. Never had any issues, always paid instantly with Zelle.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jinx86 said:
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
    Hard to say what might have happened.

Ive had several transactions with Big Webb, 500-2000$ range. Never had any issues, always paid instantly with Zelle.

This is a trade and might be different.

I back @LukeMarshall because I just received my side of the trade I had with him. Very nice guy to work with. It was my first transaction on the BST and worked out well.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hoping for the best.

edited October 7, 2019 7:03AM

Hasn’t logged-in since my snapshot post above.

Hoping for the best for the OP and anyone else who may have an on-going transaction.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

good chance he doesn't have the funds but was looking to flip it quickly to pay you. Also his selling any further on the BST is on hold and that will limit his incoming funds.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Our trade was my palladium for a specific coin of equal value, swap for swap. Still holding out hope that it's in the mail like big Webb told me in our phone conversation on 10-3. He isn't answering text or PMs from anyone I know of at this moment so a number of things could have happened, I will update this thread if anything comes through in the next day or two.

@LukeMarshall said:
    Our trade was my palladium for a specific coin of equal value, swap for swap. Still holding out hope that it's in the mail like big Webb told me in our phone conversation on 10-3. He isn't answering text or PMs from anyone I know of at this moment so a number of things could have happened, I will update this thread if anything comes through in the next day or two.

You might try posting on his board

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

If he's on the forum, he got the message

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

This sure doesn't sound good at all for the OP. I hope I'm wrong and it works out. Good luck.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

You might want to post his? real name and location so others can be warned and that google search will pick it up.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2019 3:30PM

sent on 10/3? you have until this coming monday to prepare what you will send to the local pd.

save that photo in case it is real and send them the link(s)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, that is a good idea... Treat it like we treat evictions...
    You have until 10-10 to complete the trade or return my palladium. If I do not have either by 10-10 then I will be contacting the Dundalk police department and filing a Criminal complaint.

J

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Lol, the PD don’t care, and filing a criminal complaint is also meaningless, but Jimmy’s Famous, now that’s legit, you get me an address in that neighborhood and we gold...

keceph `anah
  • blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rawteam1 said:
    Lol, the PD don’t care, and filing a criminal complaint is also meaningless, but Jimmy’s Famous, now that’s legit, you get me an address in that neighborhood and we gold...

Yep I once received an empty box in the mail that was supposed to contain 3 - 1oz gold maple leafs. Luckily signature was required so I had to retrieve from the post office. Immediately could tell by the weight the box it was empty so opened right there at the counter. Postmaster said it was a civil matter and he wasn't getting involved. Took to police and they basically laughed and said the same thing. Paypal saved my ass, the law certainly didn't.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@Kliao said:

True, but if it were to be posted on his wall, then it could warn others who may not see the thread here but would see it on his wall.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

@Bochiman said:

@derryb said:

@Kliao said:

True, but if it were to be posted on his wall, then it could warn others who may not see the thread here but would see it on his wall.

That’s a bit where I’m coming from

It’s still theft and the Police are required to take a report. Once you have the report it can be used in various ways. It all depends on how much time, effort, and $ one is willing to spend.

• djmdjm Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    It’s still theft and the Police are required to take a report. Once you have the report it can be used in various ways. It all depends on how much time, effort, and $ one is willing to spend.

Where I live the Police are NOT required to take a report, they do NOT even have to respond to the call. They claim things like this are civil matters and they will not take a report.

• gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LukeMarshall said:

People make mistakes and admittedly that was mine. Perhaps for a brief moment I let my guard down seeing this members "random acts of kindness"
    You live and you learn I suppose...

Google their name and address to try to get as much information as you can about this person. You may find other social media outlets they are on. There is plenty of free info available out there.
    Good luck, I really hope it works out. This kind of thing does seem to happen here multiple times a year.

@djm said:

@Hemispherical said:

Where I live the Police are NOT required to take a report, they do NOT even have to respond to the call. They claim things like this are civil matters and they will not take a report.

True. Local police are a function of a city government and whatever policies they develop.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,515 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019 5:44PM

After reading this thread in its entirety, I just have to say, I can't stand when someone takes advantage of good, honest people. BIG WEBB , more like SMALL SCUM.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

postal inspectors
    this is theft

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Someone on the BST just posted gold coins for sale that BigWebb claimed to send a money order for but never did. Luckily, he didn't ship items first.

I'm confident now in calling BigWebb a scam artist and loser. I'd glad I blocked the moron when he posted about his currency for sale, said he didn't know anything about it, and then countered back my offer telling me he paid twice what I offered...lol...

Glad I avoided him and so sorry that others got ripped.

What I’m thinking is that BIGWEBB came to the form as a nice genuine guy waiting for The right moment to strike. That was victim is unfortunately @LukeMarshall, scammed him for 1oz. Of palladium. Probably sold and long gone now. :'(:(

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2019 7:00PM

I am not out anything but he told me he wanted to purchase 2 1/10 oz of gold from me. He said he didn't have paypal. I sent my address for a MO. He never sent it. He said he did but it probably got lost, blah blah blah. AVOID.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731

@Kliao agree 100%...it explains his buying of bullion at spot (easy to move to build reputation), his low cost giveaways, and his posts expressing his wonderful transactions (highly unusual to see someone post that much praising transactions unless an ulterior motive).

• tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

I have his address if needed. Well, one that he sent to me. I guess I can't be sure it is real.

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731
This discussion has been closed.