Home Precious Metals
Options

PAGING BIG WEBB

2»

Comments

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems like he was doing several small deals then when this big one came he pulled it.....

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bigg Webb is still not answering my texts or phone calls, no packages have arrived, and no further activity on the forum.

Not looking too good I have to admit...

I read everyone's comments and I appreciate all the words but in the end if I learn something it is to adjust my business practices accordingly to protect myself.

@BIGWEBB if you can't show me the decency of a response then SHAME ON YOU!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options

I will also mention that right after this debacle started with big Webb I did a trade with Kliao, the above poster. He is relatively new here also and is a young numismatist by his own admission... People were giving him a hard time on the BST but I was willing to work with him. We swapped coins and I had him send first as part of the vetting process. He came through with excellent communication which was a breath of fresh air compared to the deafening silence from @BIGWEBB. For that I say thank you Kliao, I wouldn't hesitate to do another transaction with you.

• Options
    Rob41281Rob41281 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe I may have been the first one to conduct a transaction with him when he first joined the forum, might've even been the first day.. He listed a coin I had interest in and after a few PM's we agreed on a price. He said he didn't have Paypal so being that he was new I said he would have to ship me the coin first before I sent payment. He agreed to it, I received the coin in a few days and sent him his money. Seemed liked a good guy at the time, sorry it now seems its taken a turn for the worse, hope there's a reasonable explanation but sure doesn't seem like it after the numerous times trying to make contact and other members coming forward. Feel like a total dumb@ss now for helping him out by posting some positive feedback in his sale thread after our deal was completed.

• Options
    jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

Man, really sorry to hear this :s

He contacted me about some 90% I had for sale back on Aug 8th. We made a firm deal on $200 face and all seemed fine. He was supposed to pay via zelle.
    Next day he says he is "in hospital with mother in law and wife"
    I say no rush, please just confirm we have a deal and I'll wait for payment once things settle down.
    No response for two days, but I try checking in each day.
    Finally on the 11th he says he doesn't want the deal, but good luck >:)

Had a really sour taste after that but figured he was fine, just a bit flaky due to someone being sick.
    I kinda wondered with all of his presence on the board after that. Never badmouthed him but wasn't very happy getting shafted on our deal.

Now I'm afraid I see the truth .... Sorry LukeMarshall, hope things turn out ok for you :)

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now it sounds like he even used the same excuses multiple times...yikes

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

What is big webbs name? There was a guy who scammed me and others about 1 year ago who did this same type of thing. Wondered if he weaseled himself in again under a different alias!!!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

An OMG thought went through the head just now... too much late night/early AM caffeine.

Fake (or using a vacant home’s) mailing address and a pre-paid (throw away) cell phone.

:/

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, not another scammer. I've been burned a couple times on this board, luckily it was amounts I can live with. Good luck !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

@Rob41281 said:
    I believe I may have been the first one to conduct a transaction with him when he first joined the forum, might've even been the first day.. He listed a coin I had interest in and after a few PM's we agreed on a price. He said he didn't have Paypal so being that he was new I said he would have to ship me the coin first before I sent payment. He agreed to it, I received the coin in a few days and sent him his money. Seemed liked a good guy at the time, sorry it now seems its taken a turn for the worse, hope there's a reasonable explanation but sure doesn't seem like it after the numerous times trying to make contact and other members coming forward. Feel like a total dumb@ss now for helping him out by posting some positive feedback in his sale thread after our deal was completed.

Wonder where he got the coins? From another “pending” transaction from someone else...

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimineez1 said:
    Man, really sorry to hear this :s

He contacted me about some 90% I had for sale back on Aug 8th. We made a firm deal on $200 face and all seemed fine. He was supposed to pay via zelle.
    Next day he says he is "in hospital with mother in law and wife"
    I say no rush, please just confirm we have a deal and I'll wait for payment once things settle down.
    No response for two days, but I try checking in each day.
    Finally on the 11th he says he doesn't want the deal, but good luck >:)

Had a really sour taste after that but figured he was fine, just a bit flaky due to someone being sick.
    I kinda wondered with all of his presence on the board after that. Never badmouthed him but wasn't very happy getting shafted on our deal.

Now I'm afraid I see the truth .... Sorry LukeMarshall, hope things turn out ok for you :)

This happened to me twice with him.

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 8:17AM

Obviously he has done this before and the MO is apparent...

• Options
    gtstanggtstang Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this will help you, but he has quite a few registry sets listed here.
    https://pcgs.com/setregistry/bigwebb/othersets/78402

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 9:04AM

@gtstang said:
    I don't know if this will help you, but he has quite a few registry sets listed here.

101 sets, seems most are onesies or twosies or so. Which is fine... but...

IMO - random numbers until something stuck

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

We've had a few go rogue here, even old-timers. Some crooks, no doubt. Others were honest until it got too inconvenient, or (more often, I suspect) they got in over their heads and panicked. Then there were life crises: mental illness, depression, surprise divorce, sudden losses, etc.

I guess there're no guarantees in life.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019 10:45AM

Slick operator this one.
    Thing is, isn't his registration info with our hosts. Guy's a criminal IMO.
    Con artist. Hard to believe he not known to the authorities.

• Options

Probably is...

• Options
    rte592rte592 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see where the new guy should send first, would probably save on issues.....but not fool proof.

I was on another bullion fourm where the rules are that way ( new guy ships first)
    Someone was looking for some swiss pucks and I happen to have a local place that had some reasonable.
    I told the guy about them and he liked the price and wanted me to ship them out to him first.
    I told him I didnt own them and if he wanted them I'd go look again and see if they are still available (put them on hold for the guy)

The guy was upset that I wouldn't ship without him sending money as I was the new guy and those were the rules....I reminded him that he put up the wanted ad and if he wanted them I'd go see if they were still available AND that I wasn't going to make any money on them, just doing him a favor.
    His choice I could take it of leave it.
    I gave him all my contact information and told him to check me out if he was concerned.
    I went and picked up the pucks even though I didn't need them and sent him more pictures.
    Communication is everything and he felt better about it before he sent his money.
    No issue on either end.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Claiming not to have a PP account would definitely set of my sensors and or utilizing PPFF as the only source of payment method.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@dpoole said:
    We've had a few go rogue here, even old-timers. Some crooks, no doubt. Others were honest until it got too inconvenient, or (more often, I suspect) they got in over their heads and panicked. Then there were life crises: mental illness, depression, surprise divorce, sudden losses, etc.

I guess there're no guarantees in life.

More importantly, there are no excuses in life...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

@mapleman said:
    Slick operator this one.
    Thing is, isn't his registration info with our hosts. Guy's a criminal IMO.
    Con artist. Hard to believe he not known to the authorities.

Lol, every politician is known to the authorities, wtfc?... no one...

keceph `anah
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:
    Claiming not to have a PP account would definitely set of my sensors and or utilizing PPFF as the only source of payment method.

No PP account but have a zelle account.......

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭

When I completed my transaction with him we sent him a business invoice through our company. He paid it quickly with very little fanfare. He made reference multiple times to the neighborhood he lived in being sketchy and neighbors have sticky fingers so to make sure I communicated with him when I shipped.

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 867 ✭✭✭✭

I just did a google of the information that I have on Mr. Webb. Appears to be legitimate. Name and address line up in cursory google searches. I have an address in Dundalk. Good luck man. I hope you are made whole.

J

• Options

@BIGWEBB

It been a great discourse this far with some good info and leads coming forth. It would appear that biggwebb has moved on no longer logging into Collectors Universe anymore, a place that he admittedly loved so much... https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/comment/12417560#Comment_12417560

@BIGWEBB you may have left us in the dust, but I'm still here left to wonder why... Why would someone go through life intentionally trying to deceive, to take what belongs to another, to have to always look over their shoulder and screen phone calls (which you made reference to during our accidental conversation) I don't get it... nor do I ever want to.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

what a scumbag. Since CU is only so big and most members know each other, lets all be on the lookout for newer members selling stuff for "great prices" , etc. I hate seeing another member ripped off and I myself and a few others were ripped off by a scumbag over 1 year ago, never again!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options

@Hemispherical said:

@gtstang said:

101 sets, seems most are onesies or twosies or so. Which is fine... but...

IMO - random numbers until something stuck

This has been bugging me.

A lot of people put time and money into their registry sets and it concerns me that these might be invalid registry entries and being used as “proof” that certain coins are in their possession (and are not) for deals.

All I can do is make a request to @SetRegistryManager to take a look and do whatever they do best.

Wondering about the registry ATS.

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is quite possible that it is not his/her real picture.

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 1:16PM

Ha1 Tattoo quip REMOVED!? Guess the Mods are tatted out themselves. I thought it was within the realm of possibility given the opioid epidemic. Once you start on the hands and neck... :)

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

My first thought was he can't respond cause he's in jail. I hope you get made whole, Luke. I sold Big Webb a coin and he paid with Zelle.

• Options

This thread is being closed because it violates the posted rules and guidelines.

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

This discussion has been closed.