Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

November to remember acquisitions......whatya got ?

Comments

• Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 308 ✭✭✭✭

A couple of tickets fresh back from PSA:

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018 1:23PM

Getting back to my roots with another Commerce Comet collectible. I feel like this is begging to get out of it's slab and be correctly labeled (though I'm glad it is as having it passed already makes life so much easier). Once it is correctly labeled by PSA, the hope is that the dual grade is 1/10. In any event, there's less than 15 of this particular Mickey Mantle Master Set Item that have been graded - and it will be the only one registered and signed. Pretty cool item and off to Newport Beach in 2019 - for sure.

1962 New York Yankees Team Issue Mickey Mantle AUTOGRAPHED

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Another quality centered card for my 69 football set. This is the best card I've ever seen of Otis Taylor. They are rarely centered and there can be a lot of white spots in the yellow area. This card just has one white spot. His story is kind of sad. His sister has been taking care of him for years. Football took a toll on his body and mind. He has to be tube fed.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018 8:33AM

Been on a bit of an Arenado kick lately......saw these and was happy to work out a deal with the seller for both.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Nolan Arenado is up this week in the Living Set

https://topps.com/collectibles/trading-cards/living-set.html

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

Couple more Mantles added.

• Options

After 15% off, this little beauty for just under $80 delivered was just too good to pass up. While certainly off center, it looks to be crease free and pretty clean with nice enough corners to fit into my NYY Retired Numbers Rookie Set.

1948 Bowman #8 Phil Rizzuto

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@MLBdays Love this card! I’m with ya, but we may be holding for a while. Need Benny to develop some additional power to get some price bumps.

• Options

@LOTSOS

I neither collect nor watch hockey and even I think that’s a really cool piece. Congrats!

• Options
    dmanricodmanrico Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018 6:50PM

@MLBdays said:
    @dmanrico Well...I think the best chance Benintendi has might be by becoming a perennial .300 hitter and collecting 3,000 hits with a long career..... I can't see him launching 30 on a regular basis but 200 hits regularly might be doable.

@MLBdays If I’m honest with myself I agree with you but still have the foolish dream of 30+

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @LOTSOS

I neither collect nor watch hockey and even I think that’s a really cool piece. Congrats!

Thanks Tim. I’m very happy to own it.

Plus it was a great connection to make. He collects vintage Buffalo Sports in general. Has an amazing Bills, Braves, Bisons, & Sabres collection. There is one item in particular that I covet. He has a Perreault signed RC Stick.

I let him know. So maybe, possibly, down the road you never know.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭

POP 3 on the 1996 Finest w/ coating. Got it from a local seller willing to go back and forth on a BO listing. 2002 was from the same seller.

• Options

Not a card, but a cool 18x24 painting.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just picked this one up tonight

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Another 1969 football card for the collection. I look for 3 things with these higher numbered cards. A nice border, nice centering and a clean background.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@dmanrico said:

@MLBdays Love this card! I’m with ya, but we may be holding for a while. Need Benny to develop some additional power to get some price bumps.

I think Benny biceps is gonna go yard more often next year, just needs to re-grow the hair out, it's the source of his power

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just picked up a signed Chris Drury 8x10 for $ 3.00 at goodwill .. they didnt know who the sig was so they put the price down.. ill load pic soon

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

sending this to PSA, always wanted a Target Red Border. These are TOUGH.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    I posted this in another thread. This was my biggest pick up of November and possibly the year. I spent more on my Wilt RC a couple months back but as a Warriors fan this one means more to me. I have spent more on vintage, but this is the most I have ever spent for a modern card and I don't see myself ever surpassing this price tag for another modern card (unless it is for a rarer Curry RC).

Great card, Steve!!!

• Options

So UNDERGRADED

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I’d review the Dr. J or crack and resub. You won’t do any worse. Might have a wrinkle but likely worth it. I remember someone bought a nice 3 off BST and turned it into a 7 or 8 if I remember correctly.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options

@vintagefun said:
    I’d review the Dr. J or crack and resub. You won’t do any worse. Might have a wrinkle but likely worth it. I remember someone bought a nice 3 off BST and turned it into a 7 or 8 if I remember correctly.

I used a 20x and there are no creases.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno Love that red. Pics look like a good shot at 10.

My own Arenado bender continues. Really happy To pick this one up.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    POP 3 on the 1996 Finest w/ coating. Got it from a local seller willing to go back and forth on a BO listing. 2002 was from the same seller.

Your KGJ basic set is what I aspire mine to be. Love seeing the pickups every month.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the back scan it looks like an inch long crease in the lower right corner going through the REB PTS AVG area...no?

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JKT said:
    @dictoresno Love that red. Pics look like a good shot at 10.

My own Arenado bender continues. Really happy To pick this one up.

I got that one and a Gold PSA 10 also. love those.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options

@addicted2ebay

Sort of appropriate that my latest pick up is next to yours, don't you think? Played across town together, moved to California together, class act centerfielders. I am working on the '56 set and this was a need at a throwaway price on 4SC.

1956 Topps #150 Duke Snider

• Options

@PaulMaul said:
    On the back scan it looks like an inch long crease in the lower right corner going through the REB PTS AVG area...no?

No. Either the pic or the angle. No creases what so ever or I wouldn't have bought it.

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2018 8:06PM

@Huskies11 said:

@NGS428 said:

Your KGJ basic set is what I aspire mine to be. Love seeing the pickups every month.

Thanks Huskies! I think I just hit the 2 year anniversary . Started with nothing... This basic set is my main focus. Over half done, but some super low pop cards left. I have 2 more that are fresh arrivals I will post soon.

Thanks!

Edit: Here they are. This 1995 UD is one of my top 5 favorite base cards. Just something about that front image of the sweet follow through...

• Options
    stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a hanger box and got this.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBL said:
    '56 Mick!

Wow!!! That is a sweet looking 5. Well done congrats!!!

• Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Sweet 1956 Mantle!

• Options
    JBLJBL Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    @JBL ~ I'll paypal you 3 million for it right now..... that is outrageously appealing.

@JBrules said:
    Wow!!! That is a sweet looking 5. Well done congrats!!!

@aconte said:
    Sweet 1956 Mantle!

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

• Options
    DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018 9:05AM

@JBL said:
    '56 Mick!

As mentioned on 54, this card is an outstanding grab, JBL. What eye appeal. Bravo, sir.
    '56 Mick is one of a few cards I can see owning many examples of; what a classic.

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received this Brady card. Not a rookie but a special card of him.