Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

November to remember acquisitions......whatya got ?

Comments

• dmanricodmanrico Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018 6:50PM

@MLBdays said:
    @dmanrico Well...I think the best chance Benintendi has might be by becoming a perennial .300 hitter and collecting 3,000 hits with a long career..... I can't see him launching 30 on a regular basis but 200 hits regularly might be doable.

@MLBdays If I’m honest with myself I agree with you but still have the foolish dream of 30+

• LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @LOTSOS

I neither collect nor watch hockey and even I think that’s a really cool piece. Congrats!

Thanks Tim. I’m very happy to own it.

Plus it was a great connection to make. He collects vintage Buffalo Sports in general. Has an amazing Bills, Braves, Bisons, & Sabres collection. There is one item in particular that I covet. He has a Perreault signed RC Stick.

I let him know. So maybe, possibly, down the road you never know.

Kevin

Kevin

• NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

POP 3 on the 1996 Finest w/ coating. Got it from a local seller willing to go back and forth on a BO listing. 2002 was from the same seller.

• Not a card, but a cool 18x24 painting.

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just picked this one up tonight

• yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Another 1969 football card for the collection. I look for 3 things with these higher numbered cards. A nice border, nice centering and a clean background.

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@dmanrico said:

@MLBdays Love this card! I’m with ya, but we may be holding for a while. Need Benny to develop some additional power to get some price bumps.

I think Benny biceps is gonna go yard more often next year, just needs to re-grow the hair out, it's the source of his power

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just picked up a signed Chris Drury 8x10 for $ 3.00 at goodwill .. they didnt know who the sig was so they put the price down.. ill load pic soon

• dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

sending this to PSA, always wanted a Target Red Border. These are TOUGH.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• MantleFan23MantleFan23 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    I posted this in another thread. This was my biggest pick up of November and possibly the year. I spent more on my Wilt RC a couple months back but as a Warriors fan this one means more to me. I have spent more on vintage, but this is the most I have ever spent for a modern card and I don't see myself ever surpassing this price tag for another modern card (unless it is for a rarer Curry RC).

Great card, Steve!!!

• So UNDERGRADED

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I’d review the Dr. J or crack and resub. You won’t do any worse. Might have a wrinkle but likely worth it. I remember someone bought a nice 3 off BST and turned it into a 7 or 8 if I remember correctly.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • @vintagefun said:
    I’d review the Dr. J or crack and resub. You won’t do any worse. Might have a wrinkle but likely worth it. I remember someone bought a nice 3 off BST and turned it into a 7 or 8 if I remember correctly.

I used a 20x and there are no creases.

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

@dictoresno Love that red. Pics look like a good shot at 10.

My own Arenado bender continues. Really happy To pick this one up.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Huskies11Huskies11 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    POP 3 on the 1996 Finest w/ coating. Got it from a local seller willing to go back and forth on a BO listing. 2002 was from the same seller.

Your KGJ basic set is what I aspire mine to be. Love seeing the pickups every month.

Currently Collecting:

• Baseball: Griffey Jr, Red Sox, 80s/90s/00s
    • Basketball: Jordan, Bird, 80s/90s
    • Football: Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Patriots
    • Hockey: Gretzky, Buffalo Sabres

Flickr: https://flickr.com/gp/184724292@N07/686763

• PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

On the back scan it looks like an inch long crease in the lower right corner going through the REB PTS AVG area...no?

@JKT said:
    @dictoresno Love that red. Pics look like a good shot at 10.

My own Arenado bender continues. Really happy To pick this one up.

I got that one and a Gold PSA 10 also. love those.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay

Sort of appropriate that my latest pick up is next to yours, don't you think? Played across town together, moved to California together, class act centerfielders. I am working on the '56 set and this was a need at a throwaway price on 4SC.

1956 Topps #150 Duke Snider

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• @PaulMaul said:
    On the back scan it looks like an inch long crease in the lower right corner going through the REB PTS AVG area...no?

No. Either the pic or the angle. No creases what so ever or I wouldn't have bought it.

edited November 24, 2018 8:06PM

@Huskies11 said:

@NGS428 said:

Your KGJ basic set is what I aspire mine to be. Love seeing the pickups every month.

Thanks Huskies! I think I just hit the 2 year anniversary . Started with nothing... This basic set is my main focus. Over half done, but some super low pop cards left. I have 2 more that are fresh arrivals I will post soon.

Thanks!

Edit: Here they are. This 1995 UD is one of my top 5 favorite base cards. Just something about that front image of the sweet follow through...

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a hanger box and got this.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBL said:
    '56 Mick!

Wow!!! That is a sweet looking 5. Well done congrats!!!

• aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Sweet 1956 Mantle!

• JBLJBL Posts: 35 ✭✭✭

@MLBdays said:
    @JBL ~ I'll paypal you 3 million for it right now..... that is outrageously appealing.

@JBrules said:
    Wow!!! That is a sweet looking 5. Well done congrats!!!

@aconte said:
    Sweet 1956 Mantle!

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

• DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2018 9:05AM

@JBL said:
    '56 Mick!

As mentioned on 54, this card is an outstanding grab, JBL. What eye appeal. Bravo, sir.
    '56 Mick is one of a few cards I can see owning many examples of; what a classic.

• UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just received this Brady card. Not a rookie but a special card of him.

Also a couple Rookie pickups from this year just back from PSA Auto Grading and now Double 10's.

• JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

^^^^^^^^^^

That Trout is spectacular!!!

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Entry #2 in my move into vintage. Really love this thread and seeing what everyone is procuring.

• dan89dan89 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, yes it’s BVG. I don’t think it’s sheet cut, I don’t think it’s trimmed. I don’t know if it’s a cross to a PSA 6-7 and I’m not sure I care. It’s centered dead nuts, is dripping in gloss. Has some honest wear, however has major eye appeal. I have seen many 6-7 that look worse

• dan89dan89 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, know it well and I asked for a back scan as I was ready to pull the trigger on it with the 15% coupon. Glad I did.

ul

I won an auction last night and then used the 10 percent coupon for this Jim Brown card.

• ROOKIE

@PaulMaul - That is a sweet ole' 72 Card. Nice!!

edited November 28, 2018 1:11PM

@MLBdays said:
    This '62 I got back in the early 80's ....I sent it in for grading in the mid-1990's and it came back colored so I stuffed it back in the book and just recently sent it in for encapsulation...it just came back today....its interesting to note the collectibles market has heated up to the point that even "Altered" Mantles are fetching respectable prices ....an "Altered" Mantle years ago wasn't worth nearly as much. IT's nice to see lower grade market saturation ~its creating a solid foundation for our hobby....I'm sure many of you would rather have a well centered PSA 5 vs. an off centered PSA 7 or even an 8 in some cases. This '62 is a special card in my collection..... its not going anywhere soon....enjoy.

I had a 55 Bowman Banks that came back years ago with coloring but PSA didn't put it in a case. It's nice that they do that now. I wasn't aware of it.

Modern Rookie pickups.

edited November 29, 2018 7:55PM

@jfkheat said:
    These are upgrades for my 1964 Stand-up set. I added the Newcombe to my 1961 MVP subset.
    James

Nice scans!

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

>

1948 Satchel paige Type 1 photo

Wow! That is a sweet Satch. photo. Congrats.

Refractor delivered today and was already mailed out to PSA. Gonna try to get it to match my PSA 10/10 base version

myslabs.to/smzcards

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up this nice 71T SP. Decent looking for this card in this set. Used the scanner instead of the camera this time. My scanning/photo processing skills leave much to be desired. I should probably read up on some of the guides that have been published here. This looks worse than the camera! The holder needs a little polishing before it gets a perfect fit and goes in the box.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• rmh111985rmh111985 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

Probably overpaid for this even with the 15% coupon, but it's a tough card to come across:

Main collecting focus is Patrick Roy playing days 85/86-02/03, expect 1/1, National/All-Star stamped cards.PC Completion: 2,548/2,952; 86.31% My Patrick Roy PC Website:https://proy33collector.weebly.com

• @dictoresno said:
    Refractor delivered today and was already mailed out to PSA. Gonna try to get it to match my PSA 10/10 base version

Out of all the cards I’ve seen of yours, these two are my fav. Really jealous.